PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Eason contributing again after medical scare

stillers4me
10-09-2010, 05:08 AM
By John Harris (jharris@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH

Steelers defensive end Nick Eason recorded his first sack in two years in a recent win against Tampa Bay. It gave him pause because a few months earlier, he was so sick he didn't know if he was going to survive, much less play football again.

"There was a point when I was in the hospital, I didn't think I was going to make it out of there," Eason said about having his appendix and part of his colon removed less than two months before the start of training camp. "I was told appendix surgery is really minor, takes about 20 minutes. I was under for two hours.

"They removed a small part of my (colon) because bacteria had seeped from the appendix into my bowels. I just had so many complications — infections, high blood pressure, high fever, my bowels being inflamed. Every day was something different.".............

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_703464.html

The Duke
10-09-2010, 10:46 AM
He's 1 1/2 years away from obtaining his second master's degree after becoming the first player at Clemson to graduate with two years of eligibility remaining.

"You've always got to be working toward Plan B — life after football," said Eason, who wants to remain in athletics, perhaps as a coach or administrator, when his playing days are over. "I'm not a $100 million guy.

"Don't get me wrong, I've made a lot of money compared to the average person. But I can't live off what I make for the rest of my life. I'm going to have to get a job. I have to plan for life after football now."

Man, I love players like this. if we had more people thinking like this in the NFL we would so much less problems

Good for eason :thumbsup:

I'm glad he survived all that adverisity, and happy he's wearing a jersey today. And I'm one who wanted him cut in favor of the young guys

it's hard to replace smarts like this

cold-hard-steel
10-09-2010, 10:53 AM
He is,or at least seems to be a behind the scenes kind of guy.Players like him are hard to find these days.A role player that knows his role,and plays it to the tee! Hats off to ya Nick!!!!! Retire a Steeler and i won't mind it a bit. Hope you get 2 more rings.