PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Roethlisberger Says He Considered Quitting Football

polamalubeast
10-08-2010, 02:33 PM
http://www.wpxi.com/news/25329791/detail.html

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Nice post. I bet that his lifestyle choices were causing tension between he and his father.

stlrtruck
10-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Hell when my world seems to fall apart I want to quit my job too! Don't blame him for that feeling, but I'm defintely glad he did not!

polamalubeast
10-08-2010, 02:50 PM
If the Steelers would trade Ben Roethlisberger in the Bills, I think that Roethlisberger would have quit the football!

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
If the Steelers would trade Ben Roethlisberger in the Bills, I think that Roethlisberger would have quit the football!

What if they were able to trade him to the Rams for the 1st pick like speculated?

salamander
10-08-2010, 02:55 PM

I think I tried that on Madden once. It still didn't help the Bills. :chuckle:

vader29
10-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I think I tried that on Madden once. It still didn't help the Bills. :chuckle:

In last year's Madden in an online league I traded Ben, William Gay and Mendenhall to Tampa Bay for Leftwich and cornerback Aqib Talib, didn't help Tampa Bay at all while I went 16-0 in the regular season but lost my first playoff game against Houston. Freaky thing about it was a week after I made the trade the real Steelers signed Leftwich and the Ben trade rumors started flying also.

steeldevil
10-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Wow.... Glad he didn't do that.

SMR
10-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Mr. Roethlisberger,

You're...TOO LEGIT TO QUIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdk1gwWH-Cg&feature=player_embedded

BigNastyDefense
10-08-2010, 06:45 PM
I am glad he didn't quit football, but I am not surprised that the thought crossed his mind. He had come to the realization that he wasn't the person he was raised to be, wasn't the person he wanted to be. He was being Big Ben off the field, when he was only supposed to be Big Ben on the field.

Football was the reason he had changed. The money, the fame, the success had changed him. It does that to a lot of athletes and other celebrities. It's natural for a person to think about quitting their job when they realize that they are a totally different person, because often it's your job that causes the change.

HometownGal
10-08-2010, 07:00 PM
I am glad he didn't quit football, but I am not surprised that the thought crossed his mind. He had come to the realization that he wasn't the person he was raised to be, wasn't the person he wanted to be. He was being Big Ben off the field, when he was only supposed to be Big Ben on the field.

Football was the reason he had changed. The money, the fame, the success had changed him. It does that to a lot of athletes and other celebrities. It's natural for a person to think about quitting their job when they realize that they are a totally different person, because often it's your job that causes the change.

Excellent post, BND, and right on da money. :thumbsup:

I've seen many a person throughout the years do a complete 180 when they've come upon good fortune, a job promotion or have received a hefty inheritance. Money and power can change a once decent human being into an egomaniacal, selfish piece of shit.

7SteelGal43
10-08-2010, 07:48 PM
:tt02: ,just :tt02:

Butch
10-08-2010, 07:55 PM

Amen!!! You took those words right outta my mouth.

Butch
10-08-2010, 08:04 PM
What if they were able to trade him to the Rams for the 1st pick like speculated?

I prefer rumored to speculated but if that had happened, I would have seriously worried about this franchise and those in charge of such decisions. Thankfully we don't have to really worry about that.

Texasteel
10-08-2010, 08:11 PM

If he was traded to the Bills he would be out of football.

Ben quiting would not only be a loss to the Steelers, but the league in general.

Count Steeler
10-08-2010, 08:34 PM

Could not have said it better myself. The fact that he was thinking of quitting tells me he is realizing that he was making some bad choices in his life and he is now more concerned about his character, even willing to quit football if that were to get in his way. I think we are going to see a very focused and excellent quarterback for the rest of this season. Go for it Ben.

Borski
10-08-2010, 08:59 PM
is there Video for this anywhere? I'd like to see the whole NFL live interview

Shoes
10-08-2010, 09:38 PM
is there Video for this anywhere? I'd like to see the whole NFL live interview

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/18652/video-ben-roethlisberger-reflects

Borski
10-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Very good interview, he seems truly upset about the situation and hopefully wont let himself get into a situation where he can be accused of such things again. Go Ben!

Craic
10-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Excellent post, BND, and right on da money. :thumbsup:

I've seen many a person throughout the years do a complete 180 when they've come upon good fortune, a job promotion or have received a hefty inheritance. Money and power can change a once decent human being into an egomaniacal, selfish piece of shit.

Bingo... AND, I think we've both seen the other side as well, where they have been that way, and then been humbled, eat their humble pie, and turn back into the person they were originally. Seems this is Ben's journey.. and its good he's where he is now.

steelerdude15
10-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Well, I'm glad he never quit or was traded for that matter. I'm also glad that he's rebuilding relationships, especially with his father. It would have simply broken my heart if he had been traded or retired, but... sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to learn. I have believed in Ben and I always will believe in Ben.

Edman
10-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I say we'll see.

Then again, if Ray Lewis can turn his life around, so can Ben.