PDA

View Full Version : I`m sorry, but Kordell is a....

Mtn.Steel
10-07-2010, 03:16 PM
complete moron and an arrogant one at that! Did anyone see his spot w/ Lomas Brown today on ESPN? He claims that Bens return will not only not help the team, but might hurt the team and that the Bengals are still the class of the division regardless of the recent loss to the Browns...and he was adamantly defending his position. Lomas Brown was laughing at him and almost making flat out fun of his stupidity. I whis I could post a link to that segment...it was classic moronity in all of it`s glory. I think his facial cocoa puffs have gone to his brain!

BPS3akaWirels3
10-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow.. I am sorry KS feels that way... Have no clue what is going on in his brain..

SteelGhost
10-07-2010, 03:28 PM
KS is nuckin' futs :der:

solardave
10-07-2010, 03:31 PM
He still bitter because he couldn't play QB himself and he still thinks it's the Steelers fault. What a clueless individual.

HometownGal
10-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Wow.. I am sorry KS feels that way... Have no clue what is going on in his brain..

Kordodo doesn't have a brain and that was his downfall as a QB. He was a million dollar talent with a ten cent head.

http://southdakotapolitics.blogs.com/south_dakota_politics/images/scarecrow_oz.gif

BlastFurnace
10-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Very predictable...just like his passes.

SMR
10-07-2010, 03:42 PM
KS = http://i51.tinypic.com/2586iwi.jpg

JayC
10-07-2010, 03:52 PM
i've kind of always had a negative view of stewart in my mind. sure i wanted him to take us to the superbowl against the broncos and patriots those years but when i was a kid i would always try and get autographs from steelers when i'd go to certain events whether at training camp or something else on this helmet i have and can't really remember ever getting turned down(the helmet has like 30-40 or so between 1995-1999 ish). well i remember this one time i think i was 11 and i was down at three rivers with my dad we saw him and i jogged about 30-40 ft to where he was with my helmet. there wasn't anyone else around at all yet he turned me down for a quick autograph before he got to his car and said "next time kid". of course there wasn't a next time. i obviously don't care anymore and he might have had to be somewhere or was late but it sure tells me now that he was kind of selfish instead of making a little kids day i had to go back to my dad and say i was turned down by KS for an autograph.

not the end of the world but it sure gave me a reason to not like the guy for all these years :P

ALLD
10-07-2010, 04:29 PM
i've kind of always had a negative view of stewart in my mind. sure i wanted him to take us to the superbowl against the broncos and patriots those years but when i was a kid i would always try and get autographs from steelers when i'd go to certain events whether at training camp or something else on this helmet i have and can't really remember ever getting turned down(the helmet has like 30-40 or so between 1995-1999 ish). well i remember this one time i think i was 11 and i was down at three rivers with my dad we saw him and i jogged about 30-40 ft to where he was with my helmet. there wasn't anyone else around at all yet he turned me down for a quick autograph before he got to his car and said "next time kid". of course there wasn't a next time. i obviously don't care anymore and he might have had to be somewhere or was late but it sure tells me now that he was kind of selfish instead of making a little kids day i had to go back to my dad and say i was turned down by KS for an autograph.

not the end of the world but it sure gave me a reason to not like the guy for all these years :P

The fact that he liked to throw the ball to the other team and was fond of public displays of affection with other men was reason enough for me.

JonM229
10-07-2010, 05:11 PM
You're welcome for the Ravens knocking him out and ushering in the Tommy Maddox era. And then the Roethlisberger era after than.

smokin3000gt
10-07-2010, 06:44 PM
I don't think the nuttsack even realizes how jealous he looks every time he opens his mouth. It would be funny how much he bags on a 2x SB champion QB if it wasn't so pathetic.

CPanther95
10-07-2010, 06:49 PM
He was a Halfback as much as a Quarterback - that's why he was half a QB.

I guess that makes him an Eighthback.

BuddhaBus
10-07-2010, 07:01 PM
If this thread title ends in anything other than ".... brainless, raging homosexual." I will be stunned. :hmm:

st33lersguy
10-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Anyone who would think that moron would make for a good analyst is nuts. He's just jealous of Ben because Ben didn't choke in every single playoff game he played

The Duke
10-07-2010, 09:01 PM

brain? :rofl2:

steelreserve
10-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Obviously, he hasn't seen our offense lately. Not that he knew anything about what a quarterback does in the first place.

fansince'76
10-08-2010, 12:05 AM
He still bitter because he couldn't play QB himself and he still thinks it's the Steelers fault. .

This. Never mind that nobody, and I mean NOBODY else would have given him 5 frigging years to prove himself (more like completely wasted 5 seasons and the better part of the Bus' prime along with costing the team 2 trips to the SB). How could Ben NOT be an improvement over what we've had at QB the first 4 weeks? Bitter AND a complete dumbass - a really bad combination. He just needs to shut his pass-telegraphing, no-defense-reading, interception-throwing, unable-to-hit-the-broad-side-of-a-barn ass the hell up and disappear already.

Craic
10-08-2010, 02:28 AM
The fact that he liked to throw the ball to the other team and was fond of public displays of affection with other men was reason enough for me.

Would you say the same thing about Ben Roethlisberger? Because, they have the EXACT same INT to pass percentage at 3.4 INT's per 100 passes.

Personally, I liked Kordell for the first few years. As slash, he has a very bright future ahead of him. As QB, well, look at his OC's and ask where the consistancy was. 95-96, Earhardt, 97 season (chan Gailey), Ray Sherman in 98, 1999-2000 Kevin Gilbride, Mike Mularkey in 2001 and 2. He had no QB coach until Tom Clements in 2001, 7 years into his career and 5 years into starting. In contrast, Ben came in during the 2004 season. He had a OC that stayed 2 years, and then they hired from within with Arians, who has been there since. That is six years of consistancy. QB coach, Mark Whipple was there from 2004 to 06, and then Ken Anderson and this year, Fitchner.

Honestly, I think Kordell had a lot of wasted talent. A lot of it was on him. But a decent share, was on a coaching staff that didn't invest in him (OC's and QB coaches) and give him consistency, nor play to his strengths (They were bound and determined to make him a pocket passer.. and he simply wasn't one).

As far as his personal life.... who knows, and really, who cares when it comes to preference.

Now, it seems he has just become a bitter person.

HometownGal
10-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Honestly, I think Kordell had a lot of wasted talent.

That's why I always refer to Kordodo as a million dollar talent with a ten cent head. He truly was the best athlete on the team then, but he was a burger shy of a Happy Meal in the brains department and turned into a big whiny baby.

TroysBarber
10-08-2010, 08:08 AM
No offense, but what is the purpose of this thread? So he made some stupid comments, big deal. It's not like we'd expect any brilliant analysis out of him in the first place. He lost any credibility the day that he predicted that he'd be in the Hall Of Fame.

Kittyfish
10-08-2010, 10:59 AM
I saw that interview too, and the other guy there kept interrupting with, "Really? Are you serious?" He couldn't believe his ears, as I couldn't believe mine. Kordell kept saying the Bengals swept the division last year with Ben as quarterback, never mind that they are currently 2-2 this year and lost to the Browns.

It seems to me, in my admittedly limited experience, that (some) ex-quarterbacks don't want the current quarterbacks on their former team to do well. (Did that make sense?) They want the teams themselves to do well, yes, but not the quarterbacks in particular, and they don't want to give credit to the QB for any success their team might have. Boomer Esaison doesn't like Carson Palmer, Terry Bradshaw and Kordell Stewart don't think much of Ben... It's like they don't want to be upstaged in the fans' memories and minds. Former players of other positions seem to be more generous with their praise of their current counterparts, from what I can see.

stlrtruck
10-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Since when did anyone really start listening to Kordell to begin with? Isn't he on an ESPN Show that airs at like 3:30 in the morning?

SteelerSal
10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Who is Kordell Stewart? Martha Stewart"s brother? :lol:

zulater
10-08-2010, 12:00 PM
This shouldn't surprise anyone, a few days before SB XLIII Kordell on ESPN 2's First and 10 and was asked if any other qb could have led the Steelers to the SB? He not only offered himself as an example but among others that he claimed would accomplish the same were Tavares Jackson.

Honest to god I can't stand to listen to him. It seems as if his sole reason for being on the air is to prop up his sorry career in the best light possible regardless of the subject matter

HometownGal
10-08-2010, 07:08 PM

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol: :thumbsup:

oneforthetoe
10-08-2010, 08:14 PM

No he starred in that Christmas movie they show every year called "It a Wonderful Life."

SteelerSal
10-08-2010, 08:31 PM
No he starred in that Christmas movie they show every year called "It a Wonderful Life."

Wasn'nt that Rod Stewart?

oneforthetoe
10-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Wasn'nt that Rod Stewart?

No, I think we might be talking of Jeb Stuart the Confederate Civil War General.

Craic
10-09-2010, 01:38 AM

:buttkick:

Absolutely hilarious.

BuddhaBus
10-09-2010, 09:34 AM

Actually, if we had it to do all over again, Martha may have been a better choice at QB than ol' Kordy. She'd damn sure be tougher than him considering she's done some "hard" time in prison, something I'm sure Kordy is very jealous of! :heh:

The Duke
10-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Actually, if we had it to do all over again, Martha may have been a better choice at QB than ol' Kordy. She'd damn sure be tougher than him considering she's done some "hard" time in prison, something I'm sure Kordy is very jealous of! :heh:

dude you're paying for my computer monitor :rofl2:

Stlrs4Life
10-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Would you say the same thing about Ben Roethlisberger? Because, they have the EXACT same INT to pass percentage at 3.4 INT's per 100 passes.

Personally, I liked Kordell for the first few years. As slash, he has a very bright future ahead of him. As QB, well, look at his OC's and ask where the consistancy was. 95-96, Earhardt, 97 season (chan Gailey), Ray Sherman in 98, 1999-2000 Kevin Gilbride, Mike Mularkey in 2001 and 2. He had no QB coach until Tom Clements in 2001, 7 years into his career and 5 years into starting. In contrast, Ben came in during the 2004 season. He had a OC that stayed 2 years, and then they hired from within with Arians, who has been there since. That is six years of consistancy. QB coach, Mark Whipple was there from 2004 to 06, and then Ken Anderson and this year, Fitchner.

Honestly, I think Kordell had a lot of wasted talent. A lot of it was on him. But a decent share, was on a coaching staff that didn't invest in him (OC's and QB coaches) and give him consistency, nor play to his strengths (They were bound and determined to make him a pocket passer.. and he simply wasn't one).

As far as his personal life.... who knows, and really, who cares when it comes to preference.

I agree.

zulater
10-10-2010, 04:49 AM

Two things, first starting with Kordell's so called preferences ( I know they're not you're assertions Preacher) Kordell is married ( to a woman) with children. Now obviously that doesn't preclude him from being gay or having been on the "downlow" in the past, but to the best of my knowledge the rumors of Kordell's sexuality was never anything other than rumor, and regardless what he did and who he did it with as long as all parties were consenting adults shouldn't be any concern to Steeler fans.

Now as far as the old excuse making factory for Kordell, I've heard them all before, and I didn't buy them back when he was playing and I don't buy them now.

The reason the Steelers went through so many OC's in Kordell's time is because he was a coach killer. The guy simply couldn't go through his progressions like a top flight NFL qb needs to do. He was also an inaccurate passer. I don't have the stats in front of me but YAC with Kordell was always minimal, he rarely hit a receiver in anything other than a stationary mode.

Kordell benifited from some excellent O-lines, defenses, running backs in his time in Pgh. Kordell was the middle man in a trifecta of mediocre qb's ( along with Neil O'Dummy, and Mike Tomzcak) that prevented an excellent overall team from winning a SB in the 94-97, and 2001 seasons.

BlastFurnace
10-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Two things, first starting with Kordell's so called preferences ( I know they're not you're assertions Preacher) Kordell is married ( to a woman) with children. Now obviously that doesn't preclude him from being gay or having been on the "downlow" in the past, but to the best of my knowledge the rumors of Kordell's sexuality was never anything other than rumor, and regardless what he did and who he did it with as long as all parties were consenting adults shouldn't be any concern to Steeler fans.

Now as far as the old excuse making factory for Kordell, I've heard them all before, and I didn't buy them back when he was playing and I don't buy them now.

The reason the Steelers went through so many OC's in Kordell's time is because he was a coach killer. The guy simply couldn't go through his progressions like a top flight NFL qb needs to do. He was also an inaccurate passer. I don't have the stats in front of me but YAC with Kordell was always minimal, he rarely hit a receiver in anything other than a stationary mode.

Kordell benifited from some excellent O-lines, defenses, running backs in his time in Pgh. Kordell was the middle man in a trifecta of mediocre qb's ( along with Neil O'Dummy, and Mike Tomzcak) that prevented an excellent overall team from winning a SB in the 94-97, and 2001 seasons.

Great Post. Perfectly stated. You could have given Kordell Stewart...Jerr Rice and Randy Moss and he still would have been throwing passes into the dirt and not reading anything beyond his first read.

Kordell was best as Slash and should have stayed as such.

BigNastyDefense
10-10-2010, 07:54 AM
Is ESPN so desperate for analysts that they are paying this moron?

oneforthetoe
10-10-2010, 03:34 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/scoreboard
Buccaneers 24
Bengals 21

Let this be a lesson, never go to Martha Stewart for your football knowledge.

fansince'76
10-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Is ESPN so desperate for analysts that they are paying this moron?

Par for the course for that joke of a network.

HometownGal
10-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Two things, first starting with Kordell's so called preferences ( I know they're not you're assertions Preacher) Kordell is married ( to a woman) with children.

Where did you hear or read that Kordodo was married Zu? Maybe he was at one time, but Wikipedia doesn't list him as being married - only that he has a son. :noidea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kordell_Stewart#Personal_life

Though I know upon very credible sources that Korky liked to smoke the pole during the early and mid portions of his career, I'm with you when I say I don't care if he played hide the sausage or not - his sexual preference didn't make him a lousy QB - his own stubbornness and helium head did. That is probably my only beef with The Chin - he gave him way too much time to prove himself and unfortunately, Kordell never did.