PDA

View Full Version : Finding Wooden's Heir: Who is Greatest Living Coach?

steeldevil
10-07-2010, 12:22 PM
More than a man of an era, John Wooden was an era itself. His dominance on the court, temperament in situations that would've made Job himself shatter a clipboard in half and his ability to distill any bit a philosophy in a two-sentence homily, marked him alone as a separate period of college basketball.

Building upon his pyramid of success, Wooden created college basketball's first and only true dynasty, and, until his death Friday, remained the standard by which all coaches were judged.

So who fills the void left by the UCLA legend?

FanHouse editors and writers nominated the greatest living coaches from their respective sports. Cast your vote for the best.

Read more: http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2010/06/14/finding-woodens-heir-who-is-greatest-living-coach/

I picked Coach K. Yes I am a Duke fan but I would have picked him even if I wasn't. And yes I see that Noll is a choice and that you guys may harass me for it, but I went with K. If I was actually alive during Noll's great run this may have been a little harder decision for me.

Who do you guys think is the best off that list?