PDA

View Full Version : Terry Bradshaw: 'You Can't Go Wrong With Big Ben'

polamalubeast
10-06-2010, 04:05 PM
It's been well documented that there is no love lost between former Steelers quarterback and Fox NFL analyst Terry Bradshaw and the just-reinstated Steelers signal caller Ben Roethlisberger. In fact, during Big Ben's four-game suspension, Bradshaw said that the organization should have dumped him, adding, "I don't know that you've proven to the NFL that you're on the right path. But I hope so. You acted recklessly. You hung out at college bars. You disrespected women."

Now, though, Bradshaw appears to be back on the bandwagon. Thanks to the ubiquitous TMZ presence, Terry gives an impromptu interview on the subject from the comfort of the passenger seat of a car ... sitting at a stop light.

TMZ: Should I start Ben Roethlisberger on my fantasy team?

Terry: Not this week. ... They got a bye this week.

TMZ: So next week should I start Ben Roethlisberger next week?

Terry: You can't go wrong with Big Ben -- yeah, go with it.

And with that, Terry was gone.

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/10/06/terry-bradshaw-you-cant-go-wrong-with-big-ben/

Edman
10-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Terry changing his tune? I'm kinda shocked.

siss
10-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Im telling you its being set up for a huge PR deal. Ben and Bradshw together. They will make up with Bob Pompiani in a half hour special. Complete with apologies and golfing!

SMR
10-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Let the kissing up begin. The BAND WAGON is gonna grooooooow as Big Ben leads us to the Super Bowl this year.

Count Steeler
10-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Is the Super Bowl on Fox this year? Maybe Bradshaw is trying to secure his spot beside Ben on the presentation stage.

st33lersguy
10-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Could just be sucking up

tube517
10-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Yes. It is on FOX this year. I would love to see Ben up there with Terry holding the mic.

Is the Super Bowl on Fox this year? Maybe Bradshaw is trying to secure his spot beside Ben on the presentation stage.

stillers4me
10-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes. It is on FOX this year. I would love to see Ben up there with Terry holding the mic.

As long as Terry doesn't say something embarrassingly stupid.

Butch
10-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Guess Terry was reading the forum after all, or at least he isn't totally off his rocker. It would be fun to see Terry hand Ben the 7th Lombardi, I'm for it.

SteelerFanInStl
10-06-2010, 07:36 PM
F Terry and all of the haters.

GBMelBlount
10-06-2010, 08:00 PM

Well, I guess there's a first for everything...

cold-hard-steel
10-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Terry has the room to say whatever he wishes,so to speak. He seemed like he cared more than he hated, you second guess an icon,well,thats on you.

Devilsdancefloor
10-06-2010, 08:28 PM
im guessing a lot of folks got pissy with terry after his last remarks about been and wishing he played to the aints. He is just trying to make up for it im guessing. He will always be in that special light when i look at him, but some of the things he said he should have kept to himself. Maybe he wants a interview with him?

Shoes
10-06-2010, 08:28 PM
It's okay Terry......you can pick daises this afternoon....

tube517
10-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I've wondered that too. I have to admit that I haven't watched any of the pregame shows for a long time so I don't even know if they do alot of sitdown interviews anymore. I think Bradshaw should do one. I know FOX is the NFC network so it's unlikely.

im guessing a lot of folks got pissy with terry after his last remarks about been and wishing he played to the aints. He is just trying to make up for it im guessing. He will always be in that special light when i look at him, but some of the things he said he should have kept to himself. Maybe he wants a interview with him?

cold-hard-steel
10-06-2010, 09:18 PM
He seems to always lean toward the Steelers in his predictions,If i was Ben i would take it more on reaching out than anything else.Like he said,there is only one man he can talk to about that. Joe. He used the term on a first name basis too.

Craic
10-07-2010, 01:18 AM
??????????????????????????????????

Terry was speaking about his off field actions. How does that, in ANY way, change what Terry feels concerning Ben as an actual football player? Just because I disagree with someone's actions in 7-11 last night, doesn't mean I can't agree that person is a top 3 cook in all of the state does it?

Borski
10-07-2010, 01:28 AM
??????????????????????????????????

Terry was speaking about his off field actions. How does that, in ANY way, change what Terry feels concerning Ben as an actual football player? Just because I disagree with someone's actions in 7-11 last night, doesn't mean I can't agree that person is a top 3 cook in all of the state does it?

I agree, theres a difference between good skill and being a good person. I'm still pretty annoyed at Ben for getting into that situation, but willing to give him another shot and anxious to see what he makes of it.

solardave
10-07-2010, 02:19 AM

Something like "Ben I really don't like you as a person but you are a hellva QB"!!!

Galax Steeler
10-07-2010, 03:52 AM
Terry could have been saying it to get the attention of Ben and light a fire under his ass.

HometownGal
10-07-2010, 05:26 AM
Maybe he was told by the powers that be at Fox to STFU. He really was over-dramatizing the whole situation and belaboring the issue to the point that I was starting to dislike him and I've been a TB fan most of my life.

SirHulka
10-07-2010, 05:31 AM
Terry could have been saying it to get the attention of Ben and light a fire under his ass.

Or he could have been answering a question about whether or not Roethlisberger should be a fantasy starter against the Browns.

Canadian Steeler Nation
10-07-2010, 05:43 AM
All Terry was doing was trying to get away from a TMZ reporter without causing any trouble. Interviews done from the front seat of your car dont count

stillers4me
10-07-2010, 05:46 AM
All Terry was doing was trying to get away from a TMZ reporter without causing any trouble. Interviews done from the front seat of your car dont count

This.

At least he he didn't scream "They should have cut his ass!"

Lambert_Loonie
10-07-2010, 07:22 AM
If there's two guys in sports I wish could sit down over a beer & clear the air, it's Ben & Bradshaw (with Merrill Hoge as a 3rd wheel/"moderator"). It's not good for the organization to have its Hall of Fame QB and present superstar QB at odds.

siss
10-07-2010, 09:21 AM
If there's two guys in sports I wish could sit down over a beer & clear the air, it's Ben & Bradshaw (with Merrill Hoge as a 3rd wheel/"moderator"). It's not good for the organization to have its Hall of Fame QB and present superstar QB at odds.
It would be very good PR for Ben and the steelers for them to kiss and make up. I say Bob Pompiani is the moderator. They don't need to be BFF', however on speaking terms would be nice.

Dino 6 Rings
10-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Terry never questioned Ben's playing ability.

He questioned his off the field immaturity.

memphissteelergirl
10-07-2010, 09:45 AM

I agree, but I suggest the drinks be either Diet Coke or Pomegranate Juice. Neither one of those guys have a great track record with alcohol. :rolleyes::lol:

Steeldude
10-07-2010, 09:56 AM
what does bradshaw's opinion on BR's attitude/personal life have to do with him saying start BR in a fantasy league? did bradshaw ever say BR doesn't put up good fantasy stats?

melblount
10-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Someone once said that if you hate someone, what you really hate about them is something that you see in yourself. I think that applies to Terry B. in this situation.

siss
10-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I agree, but I suggest the drinks be either Diet Coke or Pomegranate Juice. Neither one of those guys have a great track record with alcohol. :rolleyes::lol:
I will make them some hot chocolate!

BnG_Hevn
10-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Am I missing something? How does "starting him on your fantasy football team" mean he is back on the Ben bandwagon?

SteelMember
10-07-2010, 12:47 PM
This.

At least he he didn't scream "They should have cut his ass!"

:rofl:

Vis
10-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Am I missing something? How does "starting him on your fantasy football team" mean he is back on the Ben bandwagon?

Because thinking Ben is a great player means you have to forgive bad behavior or deny it exists.

Craic
10-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Because thinking Ben is a great player means you have to forgive bad behavior or deny it exists.
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/BAS_011.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=8A33AE939F2E01FF32C254F65026AEF532118FDB3E02AB88 12C45D7DD19FEFA4

HometownGal
10-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Terry never questioned Ben's playing ability.

He questioned his off the field immaturity.

No question that Ben used extremely poor judgment and exhibited quite a bit of immaturity, though he committed no crime. My problem with TB is that he's living in a glass house and throwing stones. He was a big "rabble rouser" and did some absolutely horrible things to women in his younger years (particularly both of his ex-wives) and I just find it terribly hypocritical of him to point his finger at Ben. Hopefully he can put all of his hypocrisy behind him and the two men can form at least a civility between themselves.

SteelGhost
10-07-2010, 03:30 PM
No question that Ben used extremely poor judgment and exhibited quite a bit of immaturity, though he committed no crime. My problem with TB is that he's living in a glass house and throwing stones. He was a big "rabble rouser" and did some absolutely horrible things to women in his younger years (particularly both of his ex-wives) and I just find it terribly hypocritical of him to point his finger at Ben. Hopefully he can put all of his hypocrisy behind him and the two men can form at least a civility between themselves.

That sums it all :applaudit:

SirHulka
10-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Not possible. Bradshaw now makes his living as a TV analyst. Anymore, you only get noticed in that profession if you're controversial.

BuddhaBus
10-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Not possible. Bradshaw now makes his living as a TV analyst. Anymore, you only get noticed in that profession if you're controversial.

Sadly, I think you are right. And by sadly, I mean that I am agreeing with a Brownie fan. :heh:

MULLDOG24
10-08-2010, 12:47 PM
I dunno but I am gonna start Ben on my fantasy team in 2 wks, thanks for the fantasy tip Terry!!!!:rockon::drink:

steelerdude15
10-09-2010, 01:32 AM
And all is peaceful as the sun goes down in Steeler nation...

cold-hard-steel
10-09-2010, 01:39 AM
Funny how old shit never dies,but the stench seems to accumulate.The topic is in decay mode i guess. Bury it ,and let it go.

cold-hard-steel
10-09-2010, 01:47 AM
The man will be in the headlines again. I almost can bank on it. Only not for something disimilar. Unless the Nevada case comes up.

SirHulka
10-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Sadly, I think you are right. And by sadly, I mean that I am agreeing with a Brownie fan. :heh:
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.........

Kittyfish
10-09-2010, 07:46 AM
And all is peaceful as the sun goes down in Steeler nation...
Just as the sun never set on the old English empire, the sun never sets on Steeler Nation!

Sorry, it had to be said. :-)

ETA - And just as in the old English empire, things are seldom all peaceful, either. Heh.