PDA

View Full Version : What other pro sports franchises do you root for/against?

Born2Steel
06-19-2021, 05:44 PM
I was raised to believe that if you were a fan of a certain team that automatically meant you had to 'hate' the rival of that team. Now though, after watching my kids play youth sports and coaching legit 'kids' over the years, I find it much more enjoyable in most cases to just watch a game for the game without the emotional attachment. There are still those rivalries that I simply have a hard time putting behind me.

One perfect example of what I mean is as a die hard steelers fan I could not care less if the Ravens, Browns, or Bengals ever win another game. In fact, I find myself rooting that they don't.

Another prime example that most of you probably don't know, but as a Memphis Tigers fan I was raised to think I had to hate the Tennessee Vols and the Ole Miss Rebels. And I did for the longest time. Now I actually root for those two schools to succeed nearly as hard as I do for my Tigers. Because it's just better without the hate. (Trust me, SEC schools are pro sports)

Although I do not have any hated rivals in the NBA I am a Grizzlies fan through and through.

I don't get involved with the AL vs NL debates but my rooting interest in MLB are the Royals and the Cardinals.

I really do love hockey. When I lived in the Nashville area(pre-Preds) I had season tickets to the ECHL Nashville Knights. They were a minor club to the Atlanta Knights of the AHL, who were in turn a minor club to the Tampa Bay Lightning. I have always been more of a player fan when it comes to the NHL over any particular team though. So I guess this one is pretty much a cop out but I do want to see the Predators succeed.

Who are teams in other sports you are a die hard fan for? And who are your most hated rivals?

Just a nonsense thread to help pass time.

Mojouw
06-19-2021, 10:15 PM
NFL it’s the obvious teams I root against as a Steelers fan. Due to friends, I like to see the NFC North teams do well. And, also, screw the Cowboys.

For the other big sports, I follow the Sixers, Flyers, and Pirates. Due to trauma in my youth, I hate the Mets and Braves.

College, the Badgers and Penn State and Purdue.

Outside of a direct rooting interest, I will pull for either the underdog or the team that plays the “prettiest” version of the game.

DesertSteel
06-19-2021, 10:22 PM
Baseball — the Reds. Grew up in between Cincinnati (Big Red Machine) and Pittsburgh.
Basketball — the Suns. More recent as I’ve only lived in AZ for 10 years.
College Basketball — Marshall. My hometown team.
College Football — Marshall and Notre Dame. Lived in South Bend for 10 years.
Hockey — No interest.

86WARD
06-20-2021, 06:59 AM
Football - I root against the Eagles, Ravens, Browns, Bengals.

Baseball - For: Phillies. Against Mets, Braves. Supposed to hate the Pirates, Yankees & Dodgers but I like watching them.

Hockey - For: Flyers. Will also root for the Avalanche. Against Rangers, Islanders and Penguins. Not a fan of the Florida teams either.

Basketball - I casually watch the Sixers. Not invested enough to hate the other teams.

College - For Penn State. Dislike Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Florida, Florida State and Michigan. I find myself rooting a lot for Georgia and a lil bit for Texas as well. I’ve always like Georgia but I’m not exactly sure why. Maybe because they always come so close.

tube517
06-20-2021, 09:55 PM
NBA - Sixers (alot of high BP moments and many disappointments like tonight)

MLB - Pirates but since they are not a real team. I will watch some White Sox games.

NHL Penguins but not a giant hockey fan.

College Va Tech football and basketball. Georgetown basketball.

Hate ALL Boston teams in every sport

Dont like the other AFCN teams Cowboys and Cheats*

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

tube517
06-20-2021, 09:57 PM
Baseball — the Reds. Grew up in between Cincinnati (Big Red Machine) and Pittsburgh.
Basketball — the Suns. More recent as I’ve only lived in AZ for 10 years.
College Basketball — Marshall. My hometown team.
College Football — Marshall and Notre Dame. Lived in South Bend for 10 years.
Hockey — No interest.Good luck to you and Kozora. I think the Suns will win it all

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk