PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers Justin Layne booked for speeding driving with a suspended license and gun violation

tube517
04-23-2021, 07:45 AM
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14743063/pittsburgh-steelers-justin-layne-speeding/

86WARD
04-23-2021, 07:49 AM
Good Lord...

Born2Steel
04-23-2021, 07:55 AM
Who?

86WARD
04-23-2021, 07:58 AM
Good mugshot though. Looks upbeat.

86WARD
04-23-2021, 08:02 AM
Reports are the gun was loaded and they had drugs in the car...probably weed.

Dumb...

teegre
04-23-2021, 08:06 AM
Asante Samuel, Jr. likes this!!!

stillers4me
04-23-2021, 09:44 AM
'Tis the season........

Rotorhead
04-23-2021, 09:46 AM
So we need another CB now

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-23-2021, 09:58 AM
James Pierre likes this!!!

I fixed it for ya. :wink02:

tube517
04-23-2021, 10:19 AM
mumble mumble mumble Juju's fault mumble mumble tiktok mumble mumble Fire Tomlin mumble Tomlin won't do anything mumble mumble fire Teryl Austin!

stillers4me
04-23-2021, 10:22 AM
mumble mumble mumble Juju's fault mumble mumble tiktok mumble mumble Fire Tomlin mumble Tomlin won't do anything mumble mumble fire Teryl Austin!

No...it's got to be Ben's fault. Always blame Ben.

86WARD
04-23-2021, 10:38 AM
Nah...it’s definitely Tomlin’s fault. Got the extension and now discipline has gone back out the window. Never would have stuff like this happen under Cowher!

steelreserve
04-23-2021, 10:58 AM
Honestly, this is probably the kind of thing where he can just say he didn't know it was against the law to carry a gun like that, and they will give him a deal to plead no contest to a misdemeanor and do community service. I mean, it's Ohio, not NYC.

Then the league suspends him for 4 games anyway.

Shoes
04-23-2021, 11:20 AM
Sure isn't a shortage of stupid in the nfl.

ETL
04-23-2021, 12:23 PM
I bet he was thinking “Hmm I have an opportunity to win a starting CB job in the NFL and make millions and be set for life. Let me see how I can mess this up.”

what a douche

BlackAndGold
04-23-2021, 05:13 PM
Moron.

hawaiiansteeler
04-23-2021, 05:27 PM
I bet he was thinking “Hmm I have an opportunity to win a starting CB job in the NFL and make millions and be set for life. Let me see how I can mess this up.”

what a douche

"Hmm, I think I'll drive 89 in a 60mph zone with a suspended license and a loaded gun and weed in the car."

good thinking :doh:

Dwinsgames
04-23-2021, 07:11 PM
he could be done as a steeler ..... he had a lot of potential but it hasnt come to fruition and an UDFA leapfrogged him on the depth chart ... now this ... guessing he is gone

steelreserve
04-23-2021, 08:31 PM
One thing that has always amazed me about people who smoke weed is just how many of them get busted for having it in the car in plain sight, or because the car smelled like pot because they were driving around smoking it. Like, really? I've known a lot of potheads and a lot of drunks, and the drunks at least knew not to drive around drinking from the bottle while on the road.

teegre
04-23-2021, 08:45 PM
https://vimeo.com/29785301

Video footage of Layne (and friends)

pczach
04-24-2021, 03:57 AM
The level of stupidity and "don't give a shit" attitude is astounding.

Born2Steel
04-24-2021, 08:23 AM
One thing that has always amazed me about people who smoke weed is just how many of them get busted for having it in the car in plain sight, or because the car smelled like pot because they were driving around smoking it. Like, really? I've known a lot of potheads and a lot of drunks, and the drunks at least knew not to drive around drinking from the bottle while on the road.

Quick story...my son and 2 of his friends were pulled over because the officer "smelled weed" as they drove by, even though both vehicles had windows up and the squad car was parked. My son and his friends had to sit handcuffed on the curb while the officer searched the vehicle. There was nothing to find of course. Sometimes, and that's all I'm saying, sometimes it is not that the driver did something, it's that the vehicle's occupants met the correct 'profile' to be pulled over and searched. I'm not saying this story tells us anything about Layne's story, just that we really don't know. To me the weed part by itself is not smart considering the risk. The loaded gun part I can't even get my head around because it's so dumb. As another poster said, I think Layne is done in Pittsburgh. That's a whole lot of dumb for not much contribution.

Dwinsgames
04-24-2021, 08:33 AM
Quick story...my son and 2 of his friends were pulled over because the officer "smelled weed" as they drove by, even though both vehicles had windows up and the squad car was parked. My son and his friends had to sit handcuffed on the curb while the officer searched the vehicle. There was nothing to find of course. Sometimes, and that's all I'm saying, sometimes it is not that the driver did something, it's that the vehicle's occupants met the correct 'profile' to be pulled over and searched. I'm not saying this story tells us anything about Layne's story, just that we really don't know. To me the weed part by itself is not smart considering the risk. The loaded gun part I can't even get my head around because it's so dumb. As another poster said, I think Layne is done in Pittsburgh. That's a whole lot of dumb for not much contribution.

89 in a 60 is what got him pulled over , not profiling of any sort ....

the suspended license , loaded gun and weed in the car charges all came as a direct result of being a dumb ass for driving 89 in a 60 knowing everything else you was doing wrong ....

I mean if I was to drive on a suspended license ( go ahead include all the other shit Layne had inside the vehicle ) if the speed limit is 60 my ass is doing 57 -58 not 89 and saying HEY LOOK AT ME , HEY I AM RIGHT HERE COME GET ME ...... you blend or try to blend in not stand out

cant fix that brand of stupid , I bet that kid scored a 6 or 7 on his wonderlic ( maybe less )

oh and what kind of idiot is smiling when they get the mug shot ???? ( if that was his mugshot )

Born2Steel
04-24-2021, 08:47 AM
89 in a 60 is what got him pulled over , not profiling of any sort ....

the suspended license , loaded gun and weed in the car charges all came as a direct result of being a dumb ass for driving 89 in a 60 knowing everything else you was doing wrong ....

I mean if I was to drive on a suspended license ( go ahead include all the other shit Layne had inside the vehicle ) if the speed limit is 60 my ass is doing 57 -58 not 89 and saying HEY LOOK AT ME , HEY I AM RIGHT HERE COME GET ME ...... you blend or try to blend in not stand out

cant fix that brand of stupid , I bet that kid scored a 6 or 7 on his wonderlic ( maybe less )

oh and what kind of idiot is smiling when they get the mug shot ???? ( if that was his mugshot )

I agree with all of what you said. You should read the post I responded to, maybe my post would make more sense in context.

Dwinsgames
04-24-2021, 08:51 AM
I agree with all of what you said. You should read the post I responded to, maybe my post would make more sense in context.

my bad

Fire Goodell
04-26-2021, 04:51 PM
He gone

pczach
04-26-2021, 06:11 PM
Steelers' Justin Layne arrest video: https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/24/justin-layne-arrest-police-video-pittsburgh-steelers-gun-weed-nfl/

You can't make this shit up.....

86WARD
04-27-2021, 07:59 AM
He clearly didn’t pay attention during the rookie symposium or the day where they taught common sense.

Good news is he was cooperative and seems to know he fucked up. Hopefully he chalks it up as being young and dumb, learns from it and moves on.

What’s more concerning is the fact he can’t complete a sentence without saying “bro”. When that word goes out of style, he’s really fucked...bro.

pczach
04-27-2021, 08:17 AM
He clearly didn’t pay attention during the rookie symposium or the day where they taught common sense.

Good news is he was cooperative and seems to know he fucked up. Hopefully he chalks it up as being young and dumb, learns from it and moves on.

What’s more concerning is the fact he can’t complete a sentence without saying “bro”. When that word goes out of style, he’s really fucked...bro.

Even with all this idiocy on display, he doesn't come off as a horrible guy. He comes off as a stupid kid that doesn't seem to have a rudimentary understanding of what is considered acceptable. He needs to grow up and get his shit together, or his NFL career could be over very soon.

The "bro" thing has to stop! :sofunny:

86WARD
04-27-2021, 02:08 PM
Even with all this idiocy on display, he doesn't come off as a horrible guy. He comes off as a stupid kid that doesn't seem to have a rudimentary understanding of what is considered acceptable. He needs to grow up and get his shit together, or his NFL career could be over very soon.

The "bro" thing has to stop! :sofunny:

Agree. He genuinely looks clueless and has a lack of common sense...

hawaiiansteeler
05-05-2021, 04:27 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers CB Justin Layne Takes Plea Deal After Arrest During Traffic Stop In Ohio

Layne agreed to perform 32 hours of community service, give up his gun, pay a $500 fine and serve six months of probation.

May 5, 2021

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021/05/05/pittsbugh-steelers-justin-layne-ohio-traffic-stop-arrest-plea-deal/

86WARD
05-05-2021, 05:00 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers CB Justin Layne Takes Plea Deal After Arrest During Traffic Stop In Ohio

Layne agreed to perform 32 hours of community service, give up his gun, pay a $500 fine and serve six months of probation.

May 5, 2021

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021/05/05/pittsbugh-steelers-justin-layne-ohio-traffic-stop-arrest-plea-deal/

Community service for an athlete is funny. This guy can double dip doing it for the Steelers and his plea deal by just visiting some children’s hospitals, feeding the homeless at food shelters, etc. The 6-month deal may be tough if he’s not a smart kid...

DesertSteel
05-05-2021, 05:06 PM
The good news is he can get suspended for 4 games and it won’t effect his playing time.

Dwinsgames
05-05-2021, 08:03 PM
The good news is he can get suspended for 4 games and it won’t effect his playing time.

:chuckle:

pczach
05-06-2021, 04:46 AM
As much as we have rightfully ripped him here, I hope this is a turning point in his life and he grows up and figures it out.

hawaiiansteeler
08-03-2021, 05:20 PM
Alex Kozora
@Alex_Kozora

He had a slow start to camp but Justin Layne is picking up his play. Four pass breakups the last three practices, including two today. One knocked away from James Washington in 7 shots.

Pierre has still been better but Layne isn't going away quietly. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

HollywoodSteel
08-03-2021, 08:14 PM
Alex Kozora
@Alex_Kozora

He had a slow start to camp but Justin Layne is picking up his play. Four pass breakups the last three practices, including two today. One knocked away from James Washington in 7 shots.

Pierre has still been better but Layne isn't going away quietly. #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

That’s nice to hear. I also read that Chase Claypool absolutely abused him with a pancake block. That’s not really a knock on Layne as much as much is it’s a testament to Claypool. Apparently he’s been destroying DBs with blocks so far in camp. You gotta be happy to hear that a WR of Claypool’s size is an enthusiastic blocker. With both him and Juju out there, defenders better keep their heads on a swivel. If I didn’t know better I’d think Hines Ward was the WR coach.

DesertSteel
08-03-2021, 09:07 PM
So we choose this thread to resurrect to talk about his play on the field?

hawaiiansteeler
08-03-2021, 10:24 PM
So we choose this thread to resurrect to talk about his play on the field?

glad you appreciated the link.

you're welcome.

Fire Goodell
08-04-2021, 12:03 AM
glad you appreciated the link.

you're welcome.

Justin Layne, he doesn't just break the law, he breaks up passes now! ba dum tiss :chuckle: