PDA

View Full Version : Bens Quarterback whisperer

siss
10-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Was on 93.7 the fan. Here are the highlights. I will post the audio when I find it.
Says:
-Ben is ready.
-One man training camp.
-Says Ben tried to make the most of the time that he had.
-worked out in the rain. Ben never flinched.
-Connected through Ben's agent.
-Says Ben was anxious to get back on the field.
-They tried to replicate the work load he would normally have.
-Worked on deep ball.:applaudit:
-Knows football and the history of football.
-Says Ben knows his Steelers history.
-Says Ben never had a pity party for himself.
-Says Ben would stop in the middle of drills to sign autographs. Ben never complained. (But he's a jerk!)

Craic
10-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Was on 93.7 the fan. Here are the highlights. I will post the audio when I find it.
Says:
-Ben is ready.
-One man training camp.
-Says Ben tried to make the most of the time that he had.
-worked out in the rain. Ben never flinched.
-Connected through Ben's agent.
-Says Ben was anxious to get back on the field.
-They tried to replicate the work load he would normally have.
-Worked on deep ball.:applaudit:
-Knows football and the history of football.
-Says Ben knows his Steelers history.
-Says Ben never had a pity party for himself.
-Says Ben would stop in the middle of drills to sign autographs. Ben never complained. (But he's a jerk!)

The tale of two Bens probably. Too many stories about him being a jerk at times to dismiss it. However, Once that persona was stripped away, the real Ben underneath comes out. I'd much rather have it this way than the other way around... The real Ben is a jerk, and his public image is nice and shiny (ahem Manning).

ON the, if he really did work on the long ball... well... Uh oh!!

stillers4me
10-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Ben Roethlisberger’s Personal Quarterback Coach George Whitfield Jr. Talks About Ben During Suspension
Kraig Riley (http://937thefan.cbslocal.com/author/kraigriley/)

10/5/
7:24 PM

http://cbskdka.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/ben-roethlisberger.jpg?w=385&h=241
George Whitfield was Ben’s personal Quarterback Coach during his four-game suspension, and he joined Seibel and Starkey to discuss what exactly took place while Ben was away from the team. George said Ben is absolutely ready to step in and play because he has gone through the equivalent of a one-man training camp (http://937thefan.cbslocal.com/2010/10/05/ben-roethlisbergers-personal-quarterback-coach-george-whitfield-jr-talks-about-ben-during-suspension/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#) under his personal supervision. Ben was out there training in downpours, throwing four pound balls, and doing everything possible to be ready come October 17th.

George told the guys about the path that led him to Ben including his time playing in college as well as the QB Academy he runs out in California. Ben and George were introduced through Ben’s agent and got together to set up their game plan after the suspension was officially handed down from Roger Goodell (http://937thefan.cbslocal.com/2010/10/05/ben-roethlisbergers-personal-quarterback-coach-george-whitfield-jr-talks-about-ben-during-suspension/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#).

Being that he was the closest person to Ben during the suspension, George told us how Ben handled the suspension emotionally, including listening to every interview his teammates did on both radio and television.......

Listen to the audio here...........http://937thefan.cbslocal.com/2010/10/05/ben-roethlisbergers-personal-quarterback-coach-george-whitfield-jr-talks-about-ben-during-suspension/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

siss
10-05-2010, 06:52 PM
http://937thefan.cbslocal.com/2010/10/05/ben-roethlisbergers-personal-quarterback-coach-george-whitfield-jr-talks-about-ben-during-suspension/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Butch
10-05-2010, 09:25 PM
We and Ben himself find out that Ben is Human, he makes bad decisions just the way we do. Kinda heady stuff when you consider others who have not come to this realization, I don't have to mention them we all know the names. The ones who believe they are superheros and the real shame is that the NFL does nothing to humble these players the way they did with Ben. I am and will always think Ben's punishment did not fit the crime but it's over now and time to move on. I think Big Ben is gone forever...we now have Bigger Ben and that can only be a good thing for Steeler Nation!!! I really can't wait to see him back in action!!!

And Terry if you're out there I really hope you and Ben can put aside your differences some day just as you did with the City of Pittsburgh and Steeler Nation.

Go Steelers!!!

Merchant
10-05-2010, 09:54 PM
http://937thefan.cbslocal.com/2010/10/05/ben-roethlisbergers-personal-quarterback-coach-george-whitfield-jr-talks-about-ben-during-suspension/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Great interview. Apparently Ben has a rottweiler and his name is Zeus. I love it!

pepsyman1
10-05-2010, 10:48 PM
It sounds like Ben made best use of his time. It's exciting to think that he was working on improvements to HIS game...footwork, pattern recognition, long ball. It's also nice to here that he has good knowledge and respect for Steelers history. Maybe at some point he can grab Terry by the collar and let him know that's he's paid his dues for his behavior so lighten up and move on.

Wallace108
10-06-2010, 12:34 AM
The tale of two Bens probably. Too many stories about him being a jerk at times to dismiss it. However, Once that persona was stripped away, the real Ben underneath comes out. I'd much rather have it this way than the other way around... The real Ben is a jerk, and his public image is nice and shiny (ahem Manning).

ON the, if he really did work on the long ball... well... Uh oh!!

Ya know Preacher, while most of us have been busy complaining about Ben's suspension being unfair, you've always maintained that it was a good thing. I have completely switched over to your way of thinking. It appears this latest incident and the subsequent suspension have finally turned Ben's life around, both personally and professionally. Even if we were sitting here right now at 0-4, it would still be a good thing ... because we need Ben beyond this season. And he needed a better way of life.

HometownGal
10-06-2010, 05:47 AM
We and Ben himself find out that Ben is Human, he makes bad decisions just the way we do. Kinda heady stuff when you consider others who have not come to this realization, I don't have to mention them we all know the names. The ones who believe they are superheros and the real shame is that the NFL does nothing to humble these players the way they did with Ben. I am and will always think Ben's punishment did not fit the crime but it's over now and time to move on. I think Big Ben is gone forever...we now have Bigger Ben and that can only be a good thing for Steeler Nation!!! I really can't wait to see him back in action!!!

And Terry if you're out there I really hope you and Ben can put aside your differences some day just as you did with the City of Pittsburgh and Steeler Nation.

Go Steelers!!!

Great post Butch! :applaudit: :thumbsup:

I don't think there is a one of us who can say that at some point in our lives, we didn't need a swift kick in the ass to get back on track and the same obviously holds true for Ben. From everything I've been hearing and reading, he's headed in the right direction rebuilding his life and working to improve not only his inner self but his game. The proof will be in the puddin' but I believe in Ben and can't wait to see him on the field next weekend! :tt02: :applaudit:

siss
10-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Ya know Preacher, while most of us have been busy complaining about Ben's suspension being unfair, you've always maintained that it was a good thing. I have completely switched over to your way of thinking. It appears this latest incident and the subsequent suspension have finally turned Ben's life around, both personally and professionally. Even if we were sitting here right now at 0-4, it would still be a good thing ... because we need Ben beyond this season. And he needed a better way of life.
I've been saying the same thing!
Glad you joined us in the "he needed a kick in the pants" camp.
I just hate the commish was the one that gave him the in rear he needed!