PDA

View Full Version : ESPN power ranking...Steelers #1.

LLT
10-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Power Rankings: How the voters voted
October, 5, 2010
By Mike Sando

Let the debate begin after three NFL teams received first-place votes in ESPN.com's NFL Power Rankings for Week 5.

1) PIT
2) NO
3) GB
4) NYJ
5) ATL
6) BAL
7) HOU
8) NE
9) IND
10) KC
11) CHI
12) SD
13) MIA
14) DAL
15) MIN
16) WAS
17) PHI
18) CIN
19) TEN
20) NYG
21) DEN
22) JAC
23) TB
24) STL
25) ARI
26) SEA
27) CLE
28) SF
29) OAK
30) CAR
31) DET
32) BUF

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/24831/power-rankings-how-the-voters-voted-42

Craic
10-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Whew...

I thought our bid for the BCS was screwed!

zulater
10-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Whew...

:toofunny:

O'Malley
10-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Whew...

:applaudit::rofl2::drink:

Edman
10-06-2010, 03:22 AM
Makes no sense, but I kind of see ESPN's (flawed) logic.

It took a Ravens team near full strength a last minute touchdown to beat the Steelers and Charlie Batch.

Then again, the Ravens were missing Ed Reed, so there you go.

Galax Steeler
10-06-2010, 03:53 AM
If they want to give it to us I will take it flying under the radar went out the window in the first game.

venom
10-06-2010, 05:37 AM
Not again !!!!!

steeldawg
10-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Makes no sense, but I kind of see ESPN's (flawed) logic.

It took a Ravens team near full strength a last minute touchdown to beat the Steelers and Charlie Batch.

Then again, the Ravens were missing Ed Reed, so there you go.
I guess if ed reed was gonna hurt the ravens we wouldve actually had to be able to throw the ball

salamander
10-06-2010, 07:57 AM
I prefer to NOT be ranked #1. Keeps things easier when we do win. :lol:

Dino 6 Rings
10-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Dino 6 Rings breakdown of the Power Rankings...(reminder, week 2, I called the Moss Trade to the Vikings. Yes, I pat myself on the back for the one time I'm right out of 300 guesses)

1) PIT (Greatest Franchise in the History of the NFL. Yep, I'm a homer)
2) NO (No sold on the Saints. It took a mess up by the Panthers Rookie QB to blow that game otherwise they drop 2 straight at home. Too high.)
3) GB (Very good team, too bad they don't have a good enough running back to take them all the way in my opinion)
4) NYJ (So sick of them winning at this point. But they are playing very good football. That stinking Dirty Sanchez is much improved over last year)
5) ATL (Playing great football, when they aren't playing the Best defense in the NFL. Playoff bound for sure)
6) BAL (Their Defense is weak and old. I'm not sold on them even though they have won some big games. That Jets win is huge in a tie breaker for them later in the season.)
7) HOU (Very good team. Still, couldn't beat Dallas at home, sign of weakness.)
8) NE (This team is too Low, even without Moss, this team is going to be getting better and better as the year goes on. I hate them, cause they are good.)
9) IND (Super Bowl Loss Hangover much? Lost to the Jags and the Texans. 2 Divisional Losses already. Could this be the first year in forever it seems that Manning isn't in the post season?)
10) KC (We'll see, 3-0 over dog teams. Now on the road at a struggling Indy. This is a big win if you can get it and will push you up the list for sure.)
11) CHI (Exposed as a paper tiger. Good team, not great.)
12) SD (boring. really boring. Yeah, you beat the Cardinals, but since the Cardinals can't win on the road, that isn't impressive at all.)
13) MIA (Fired you ST Coach after the Monday night melt down and two losses in the Division in a row. Either turn it around now or 7-9 is the inevitable conclusion to your season.)
14) DAL (the only reason you're this high is because of your Texans win. Otherwise, 27 is calling.)
15) MIN (Moss Moss Moss, more Moss. Go beat the Jets and we'll see how this turns around. Too much talent on the entire roster to not be a top 10 playoff team.)
16) WAS (Ugly win over Philly, however I see more Ugly wins in your future. A Win over the Packers would be a very impressive thing to me. but for now, this is right.)
17) PHI (Without Vick, they drop into the mid 20s easy. This team isn't that good.)
18) CIN (tweet tweet, lost at Cleveland, after almost losing to the Panthers. Too High, your season is going to end shortly.)
19) TEN (So not impressed with you guys. Makes our win at your house look like nothing when you let the talentless Broncos come in and whoop ya.)
20) NYG (typical Giants. Boring offense, great defense.)
21) DEN (for not having that much talent, you are playing very good football. Hat tip to your coach.)
22) JAC (Still in Florida? A win over the Colts will do that I guess, don't unpack your bags though, LA is still calling.)
23) TB (talk about dropping. I mean, you aren't that good but are you this bad?)
24) STL (Up Up and Away! Go Rams. My desk partner has officially stopped calling you the Lambs and is excited about Rams football once again. Good job.)
25) ARI (man you guys have fallen. See the thing about being a good team, is you stay good for a really long time. Not just a one season miracle. How's that Coaching Staff holding together this year? Any chirping about a change yet?)
26) SEA (8-8. Win at home, lose on the road. All year long. Having Lynch in the backfield now won't make me change my mind about you. Oh, and Pete, YOU SUCK CHEATER!)
27) CLE (god dammn you scare me. Running game and defense? Shiiiit!)
28) SF (0-4. Horrible. Fire everyone on the staff. And lets get a QB in there!)
29) OAK (you can't win if your o-line is worse than the Steelers oline. It just can't happen.)
30) CAR (Hey Cowher? You want this job now? Cause this team is finished. Although I like what I saw this weekend. Not giving up and playing tough ball. Get that passing game clicking and maybe you get 3 or 4 wins this year.)
31) DET (Well, at least your not the Bills)
32) BUF (Holy crap. Just when I think you can't be any worse, you prove me wrong. Last week I ranked Bama and OSU higher than you. I'm at the point now where I think Oklahoma and Oregon could also beat you in a charity game. You suck. So bad. Seriously...Bills, You suck. But, I don't think I'll be taking the Jags to beat you this week in my suicide pool. Just cause the Jags suck too and are coming north for the game. But then again, you really suck.)

Nadroj 20
10-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Ok i guess. I'm don't see why this matters for week 5 and I like flying under the radar but hey i'll take #1.

HollywoodSteel
10-06-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm not sure I understand the power rankings. If it's how powerful a team has proven itself to be thus far, I can't put us at number 1, but if it's about anticipating how powerful a team will be going forward, then yeah, I can see it.

steelpride12
10-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Sure is a surprise to me all the analysts on TV were calling the Ratbirds and The Jet the best team in the league so I though for sure we dropped a few stop(which I wish would have happened.) Either way I still like us under the radar and unappreciated.