PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Admin!!!!

LLT
10-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Well the season is underway...and I had to think how much I am enjoying the board this year.

As one new member put it...

"I've been to some Steeler message boards, but I'm really liking my stay here best so far. It's a lot more up-beat and positive

Just wanted to thank all of you for being the best forum members of any message boards. It really is a priviledge to be a part of Steelers Universe and I actually look forward to logging on and "seeing" my friends here.

So...I just wanted to create a thread where we could thank Admin for creating the type of site that, to be honest, doesn't exist any where else.

We have GREAT members who love the Steelers...GREAT members who cheer for other teams but are knowledgable and respectful...and a site filled with the latest articles...stories...rumors...draft info...games...and editorials

THANK YOU HTG... FS'76...XT!!!! From the bottom of my heart I appreciate your efforts!!!!

What does the Universe say???? Are we grateful????:applaudit:

steelpride12
10-05-2010, 09:41 AM
it hard to even explain in words how grateful I am to XT, HTG, FS for making them best Steeler site in the world, where we can all come together as friends and cheer on the best football team in the world! :) We have the most up-beat exciting personalities and such a tight nit friendship it's hard not to get along with everyone! Really after the SF disaster I as many thought this was the end for most of us, but with the hard work and dedication from the Admin's they created a new home for us, and I couldn't thank them enough. Love all you guys you are all the best! :)

SteelerSal
10-05-2010, 11:03 AM
I have to tell ya, I have spent most of my time here than I have my own site, since Steelers Universe started, because of the hard work and dedication Marianne, Gary and Eric have put into all of this for 'US".

Thank you my Steeler sister and brothers!! :drink:

pepsyman1
10-05-2010, 11:45 AM
I think all the admin's have done an incredible job with creating the Universe. The energy is great, the debates respectful and they are to be commended for getting the site up to speed so quickly after the implosion of the Fever site. Well done!!!

:yay3::yay3::yay3:

SteelMember
10-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I am truly grateful each and every day that I'm able to log in, and talk shop with some of the best (and most obsessed... :chuckle:) Steelers fans out there. A single hour every week, three, if you count all those damn commercials and tv timeouts, isn't nearly enough time to quench the thirst of the fanatical fans of this team. Fans like us can't ever get enough talk of that which is know as "The Steelers". We want more than enough. We NEED to know every in and out. We enjoy talking about the game we just watched. The game next week. The future of our beloved team... including the players, coaches, management and even the cute Japanese girl, Ariko Iso :eyebrows:, who hands out the Gatorade during the game. Sure, she's more than that. The Assistant Athletic Trainer to be exact, but it takes fans like us to even know who the heck I'm even talking about... and it's truly fantastic to be able to come to a place where we all can enjoy this talk and share in the camaraderie of being the lunatics we all are.

Cheers to the Admin. for providing such a place. :drink:

and to THE #1 Nation in the universe... STEELER NATION!

Texasteel
10-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I have thanks all the Admins, and all the Mods for that matter, for all the work they have put into this place. When the other site started falling apart I was worried about loosing touch with the many friend that I had gained, but thanks to the quick action and hard work that Marianne, Gary, and Eric put out this site came together much faster than I ever thought possible. They followed by selecting some of the best Mods that I have seen on any site, and have continued developing and building this site day by day. In the short time we have been together this site has grown faster and have added more things for their members than most sites that have been around for years, and they are not finished yet. Why? I believe because the Admins care more about their members that any other site around today. Family is a word that many throw around carelessly, but here I think the word family fits perfectly. I can not thank the people responsible enough. Their work and hard decisions have made this place the best place to be. I don't go to any other site, I don't have to. We have everything I need and want right here.

Thank you again guys, and gals.

VTsteel
10-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Agreed - since that "other place" fell to pieces - it's nice to be able to keep the family together.

BuddhaBus
10-05-2010, 01:19 PM
I, on the other hand, would like to say "You suck!"" to HTG, Fansince and X-T for creating this forum and ruining my life now that I spend virtually all of my free time here! The great members, fun groups, insightful discussion, cool contests, funny jokes, sweet naked women and killer arcade have completely sucked me into the black hole of the Steelers Universe. My house is a mess, I haven't showered in weeks, my pets haven't eaten in days and my wife barely recognizes my face the scant few times I actually get out of my computer chair to relieve myself. "Thanks" a lot you evil masterminds! :upyours: :smash:

Seriously, "thank you" from the bottom of my heart (yeah I have one, Wally!) for creating such a cool place to hang out and talk to fellow Steeler fans (and fans of other, much stinkier teams!) and make some really good, decent friends. I've enjoyed my time on here immensely and look forward to growing with this place. I followed SF as a lurker for a long time and never posted, so you know you're doing something right to pull me in like you have. CHEERS TO EVERYBODY ADMINS, MODS AND MEMBERS ALL!!!!!! :drink: :grouphug:

LLT
10-05-2010, 01:35 PM
...my wife barely recognizes my face the scant few times I actually get out of my computer chair to relieve myself.

Hmmmmm....getting out of my chair to relieve myself....You know, I could probably start doing that.

Thanks for the advise Buddha!!!

Wallace108
10-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Seriously, "thank you" from the bottom of my heart (yeah I have one, Wally!)

I never said you don't have one. It's just a darker shade than it should be. :chuckle:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:IZGsyFxJ5_037M:http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee144/perro1507/black-heart.jpg&t=1

I echo everything Buddha said. He said it much better than I can. :thumbsup:

venom
10-05-2010, 02:09 PM
I truly think that all the Super Mod's , Admin's and Mod's should all die a slow painful death .

P.S- I lie alot .

Thanks for a great place to visit when you just want to get away to chat or to vent.

http://www.sohobpo.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/applause.gif

steeldevil
10-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks for making this wonderful place where we can all discuss our beloved Steelers and everything else! I love talking with everyone until my girlfriend starts bitching about me caring more about my "online friends" than her..... :sofunny:

She is kidding of course, she understands my obsession and I think Im starting to rub off on her. We may have a new member soon guys!! :tt03:

BuddhaBus
10-05-2010, 02:23 PM
I love talking with everyone until my girlfriend starts bitching about me caring more about my "online friends" than her..... :sofunny:

You get that too?!? :heh:

SteelerSal
10-05-2010, 02:24 PM
She is kidding of course, she understands my obsession and I think Im starting to rub off on her. We may have a new member soon guys!! :tt03:

Congrats, steeldevil!!

BuddhaBus
10-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Hmmmmm....getting out of my chair to relieve myself....You know, I could probably start doing that.

Thanks for the advise Buddha!!!

I'm here to serve, LLT! :salute: :usa2:

I never said you don't have one. It's just a darker shade than it should be. :chuckle:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:IZGsyFxJ5_037M:http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee144/perro1507/black-heart.jpg&t=1

That hurts, Wally.... :pout: Now where did I put my cattle-prod? :mad:

I echo everything Buddha said. He said it much better than I can. :thumbsup:

:humble: OK, no cattle-prod for you. :hug:

Shoes
10-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Big thanks again to HTG, FS'76 and XT for birthing this forum.....and by the way, they did a darn good job at picking the Mod's too! :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
10-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Speaking for all of the admins, thank you all for the kind words. We wanted to create an atmosphere here that was lively and fun, where everyone will feel welcome rather than be made to feel uncomfortable, and everyone can share their thoughts on the Steelers and other topics without fear of being flamed or ridiculed. We feel we have succeeded, but we couldn't have done it without all of you - the Steelers Universe family (yes, even you, JonM229 :wink02:). After all, you can't have a quality forum without quality members. You all have made this board what it is today, and what it will be in the future.

As for our moderator staff, I couldn't have asked for a better collection of people. You have all done a fantastic job and have showed that we definitely made the right choices. Thank you all for volunteering some of your precious time to making SU the best forum on the 'Net. :applaudit:

Thanks again, everyone, and GO STEELERS!!!! :tt03:

O'Malley
10-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks for giving me a place where I get the most insight and chat with the best fans in the world! Being from Portland it is hard to get all of the inside information. I have uped my football IQ 15 points at least since joining this incredible site. Thanks again to everybody!:tt03::drink:

BPS3akaWirels3
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
You get that too?!? :heh:

Ditto.... She is always saying I care more about the forum.. Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllll..................... No comment..

Thanks XT, HTG and FS76... I have no other site to care for so much..

hotrodder07
10-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I would also like to say thanks. I don't post nearly as much as some of the other members of this site, but I do read all of the articles and discussions that go on here. I was a member of steelers fever before, well, you know. I'm glad to have found my way here to read and participate in the discussions.

Thanks!

memphissteelergirl
10-05-2010, 04:25 PM
To the creators and mods of SU:

A HUGE round of applause! :applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::appla udit:

....for the outstanding job you do!!

GutterflowerSteel
10-05-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm grateful that the admins and mods are who we thought they were - the BEST! You kept our Steelers family together after That OTHER Place imploded. I lurk a lot, even though I don't post that much. You make all feel welcome (even our Frenemies from other teams lol) This is the only forum I visit - love you guys'n'gals ... my Steelers family :grouphug:

HometownGal
10-05-2010, 05:33 PM
First - thank you to our beloved LLT for the kind words and props. :drink: :hug:

Second - I know I can't thank our fabulous Mod Squad enough for all they do to keep this place hoppin'. Not only are all of 'em great people, but they took on a huge responsibility and make us proud every day that we chose 'em! :drink: :hug:

Third - thank you to my Co-Admins, Gary and Eric, for all of their hard work on the tech end. If I even attempted the things they do, I'd surely crash the board. :heh:

Last but not least - THANK ALL OF YOU for being the absolutely wonderful people you are. It isn't us who makes this place tick - it is all of you! :hug: We have grown leaps and bounds since our birth at the end of May and with your help, we're going to keep on growing into the #1 Steelers fan site in The Universe! :rockon: :drink: :hug:

Steel MD
10-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Wanted to add my appreciation. Thanks to all.

JonM229
10-05-2010, 06:15 PM
We feel we have succeeded, but we couldn't have done it without all of you - the Steelers Universe family (yes, even you, JonM229 :wink02:). After all, you can't have a quality forum without quality members.

That's the first time my name has been associated with quality. I must have you guys fooled pretty well.

Keep up the awesome work. I actually spend more time on here than the Ravens boards now.

Crow-Magnon
10-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I fully concur.

This site is my favorite "enemy" site by far, and I spend a lot of time on here even when the Ravens are nowhere near playing the Steelers. It is run and moderated very well and it is full of knowledgeable and rabid fans.

Kudos to all involved! :humble:

Kaeg
10-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Hey! I just heard they sold the site!!!
:bolt: :behindsofa:
:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:
No, really this is the only I site I frequent. I'll visit others from time to time, but this is my home!
:grouphug:

stillers4me
10-05-2010, 06:34 PM
A big round of applause to Gary, Marianne and Eric for all the hard work they put into making this the very best Steelers board in the Universe!!! :applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

I first found SF when I needed other Steelers fans to celebrate our awesome team winning SBXL....being stuck in Shitzinnati where nobody wanted to talk about the Steelers and basically spit on anything black and gold was torture!! Finding SF led to finding our Steelers bar and now I have two wonderful groups of Steelers fans to celelbrate every day with....my SU buddies and my Martino's buddies! I couldn't imagine being a Steelers fan without either of you!! :grouphug:

Devilsdancefloor
10-05-2010, 06:55 PM
I would like to thank the admin as well they are a hell of a bunch . They kept the our Steeler family intact for the most part from that other place. I think that means more to many many people here than they will EVER know. :drink: I have met a lot of wonderful people here as well HTG has to be on the top of that list. In case no one has told you lately HTG you are a amazing woman, please never change. Then i would say LLT, Tex & Aussie & the other draft gurus who took me under their wing and listened to my sometime endless ramblings about the draft. To Sue, gary, eric & sal you all have been amazing and a joy to work with on the site stuff and you are incredible people as well. Then all you night owls wow, you have cracked me up thanks. GBMelBlount thanks for being a friend. to all those i missed i am sorry, but for the most part i do feel like you are a extended family and thanks. I know there is still a lot of work to be done here, but with all you wonderful people here it makes it that much easier. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!

SMR
10-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I want to make sweet mad love to SU. The best site on the net! :chuckle:
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

SMR
10-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Thank you all! Seriously!! :applaudit:

BuddhaBus
10-05-2010, 07:07 PM
I want to make sweet mad love to SU. The best site on the net! :chuckle:
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

You are one SERIOUS horn-dog, SMR m'man! We may need a sexual addiction intervention. :chuckle:

SMR
10-05-2010, 07:07 PM
That's the first time my name has been associated with quality. I must have you guys fooled pretty well.

Keep up the awesome work. I actually spend more time on here than the Ravens boards now.

You do deserve a bit of a shout out too. Yer one of my fav Gayvens fans. :lol:

SteelGhost
10-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks a lot guys, these board is unique !!

It's hard to say this....but EVEN some other teams' members are nice :huh: :chuckle: j/k :tea:

:applaudit:

smokin3000gt
10-05-2010, 07:57 PM
I agree with buddah as well. My productivity has gone to shit since this place started.

I've been to many forums and message boards over the years but I have yet to see the type of friends/commodore that's found here. CHEERS to HTG, FS, XT!!

I'd also like to tip my glass to the mods for doing a great job and for letting us be us! Thanks everyone! :drink:

smokin3000gt
10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
You are one SERIOUS horn-dog, SMR m'man! We may need a sexual addiction intervention. :chuckle:

I can see the new thread in the Halfway House already :doh:

Nadroj 20
10-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks to EVERYONE for making this site what it is. It is so great because we all make it that way.

Butch
10-05-2010, 08:56 PM
The folks who put this site together did one Helluva job a wide a varied fan base makes for some fun conversations. Very good job to all of yinzers!!!

P.S. I think the secret plan to lure the fans from other teams over here and get them to see the light of the Black and Gold is working. Don't anyone go spoiling it by telling them there are subliminal messages being transmitted to convert them to Steeler Nation. BWAHAHA

steelerdude15
10-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Yes thank you for everything you have done for us. Everyone here is awesome. A little personal shout out to Wally and Brian, we are the three musketeers... or the idiots who won't get off the top of the shed. :chuckle:

tube517
10-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Kudos to all that make this forum a success. I spend more time here than that "other one" and I was on that "other one" a lot longer. :applaudit:

solardave
10-06-2010, 02:27 AM
QUOTE=LLT;68073]Hmmmmm....getting out of my chair to relieve myself....You know, I could probably start doing that.

Thanks for the advise Buddha!!![/QUOTE]

You can do that? Not only are the Admins on this site the best but every now and then we even get good advice. Now excuse me while I go to the bathroom (what a great idea) and pee.:toofunny:

Galax Steeler
10-06-2010, 04:01 AM
Hats off to everyone who made this site happen. I thought when the other site went down we were going to be scattered everywhere but it seems like most of us made it here. Thanks again for your hard work and dedication.

BuddhaBus
10-06-2010, 04:06 AM
...but every now and then we even get good advice.

No problem! I'm full of it! :heh:

Texasteel
10-06-2010, 04:24 AM
No problem! I'm full of it! :heh:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh never mind.

BuddhaBus
10-06-2010, 04:30 AM
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh never mind.

Tex! Is Telly Tubby season over already? :chuckle:

LLT
10-06-2010, 11:10 AM
P.S. I think the secret plan to lure the fans from other teams over here and get them to see the light of the Black and Gold is working. Don't anyone go spoiling it by telling them there are subliminal messages being transmitted to convert them to Steeler Nation. BWAHAHA

....(now they all know why they have been craving Primanti Brothers "sammiches"!!!!)