PDA

View Full Version : Five Random Thoughts on Individual Players

Merchant
10-04-2010, 01:41 PM
1. William Gay is.. playing well? :huh: I wanted this guy to disappear off the face of the earth after last season. But I must admit he is thriving in the Nickel role. He made two excellent plays on that goal-line stand.

2. Mewelde Moore is.. absolutely useless. He's not deserving of ANY carries over Mendenhall and Redman. He was horrible in helping out in pass protection and nearly got Batch decapitated on one play.

3. ARE.. is not absolutely useless despite his performance in the previous 3 games. He showed that he still has some play-making ability left in him after that gorgeous grab down to the Ravens 2 yard line. HOWEVER.. I still think he should not be returning punts. Antonio Brown is clearly the better option.

4. Pouncey.. is already a top 5 center. Although he had a holding penalty I thought he held his own against Haloti Ngata who is a load for ANY center, let alone a rookie.

5. Mike Wallace.. needs to work on his short-intermediate routes. Everyone knows he's a great deep threat. But with Holmes gone and Ward not getting any younger, we are expecting him to be our #1 and to do that he can't be a one trick pony.

BlastFurnace
10-04-2010, 02:28 PM
1. William Gay is.. playing well? :huh: I wanted this guy to disappear off the face of the earth after last season. But I must admit he is thriving in the Nickel role. He made two excellent plays on that goal-line stand.

2. Mewelde Moore is.. absolutely useless. He's not deserving of ANY carries over Mendenhall and Redman. He was horrible in helping out in pass protection and nearly got Batch decapitated on one play.

3. ARE.. is not absolutely useless despite his performance in the previous 3 games. He showed that he still has some play-making ability left in him after that gorgeous grab down to the Ravens 2 yard line. HOWEVER.. I still think he should not be returning punts. Antonio Brown is clearly the better option.

4. Pouncey.. is already a top 5 center. Although he had a holding penalty I thought he held his own against Haloti Ngata who is a load for ANY center, let alone a rookie.

5. Mike Wallace.. needs to work on his short-intermediate routes. Everyone knows he's a great deep threat. But with Holmes gone and Ward not getting any younger, we are expecting him to be our #1 and to do that he can't be a one trick pony.

It's hard to judge anything on the passing game right now.