PDA

View Full Version : Maybe its Just Me

Borski
10-04-2010, 12:01 AM
But this loss doesnt bother me that much.

Yes I know it was a division game and gives the Ravens the tiebreaker, but really I didn't mind this loss.

Obviously I'd prefer a win, but what more can we ask for from a backup QB. I think going 3-1 is pretty dang good. The only team with a better record is the Chiefs (LOL) We have a bye week, giving Ben 2 weeks to train with the team. I think we are in pretty good position right now and I ain't gonna complain.

SirHulka
10-04-2010, 02:07 AM
How much will it bother you to lose to the Browns?:chuckle:

Galax Steeler
10-04-2010, 03:32 AM
Alot of people will complain about the loss yesterday. They played a good game and made some big mistakes along the way also. There is no complaints here.

Lambert_Loonie
10-04-2010, 05:05 AM
I'm not sweatng this loss all that much. You never want to lose, but if you're going to, better to do it early in the season. You have to give Baltimore credit; on another forum I visit I see it posted often that when the going gets tough, Joe Flacco "pees sitting down." Today he didn't and I give him his due for it. I'm not going to buy into Baltimore's hype, but I think it's at least worth a 2nd glance. I wouldn't be surprised come Playoff time, Baltimore will be a large step on the Stairway to 7.

Anywho, the first quarter of the season is over and the Steelers are 3-1. With or without Ben Roethlisberger, I'll take it.

HometownGal
10-04-2010, 05:14 AM
I'm not all that upset by yesterday's loss either. I never believed they would go undefeated and I think they're in pretty good shape headed into the bye. Also - they came out of yesterday's battle with no injuries to key players which is a good thing when playing an equally physical team. :thumbsup:

Everyone knows that I am not a huge fan of Batch but I have to give the guy his due. He did what he needed to do in both starts and yesterday, we fell a little short. It's not the end of the world nor is it the end of the Steelers season - there's a lot of football left to be played and the best part is - that football will be played with Ben back behind center! :applaudit:

stlrtruck
10-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Really, who here today thought we would have been 4-0 at this point without Ben? What about 3-1? Looking at the schedule, I would have been happy at 2-2 and the team surpassed that expectation.

Yes, it sucks losing to the ratbirds, especially when my dad and a few friends cheer for thos rats with wings. But alas, we play them again on December 5 and know that we can return the favor.

Right now, the team needs to learn from the mistakes they made yesterday, take this week to heal up and turn their focus to the clowns!

SteelerSal
10-04-2010, 07:25 AM
No complaints about the loss...just complaints about how the offense was prepared to play this game....too conservative and scared.

LLT
10-04-2010, 07:58 AM

Yes I know it was a division game and gives the Ravens the tiebreaker, but really I didn't mind this loss.

The Bengals losing to the Browns did take away a bit of the sting.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Damnit!!! There was a game yesterday.. I knew I missed something.. :huh:

LLT
10-04-2010, 08:29 AM

...so says Bryant McFadden. :doh2:

BPS3akaWirels3
10-04-2010, 08:31 AM
...so says Bryant McFadden. :doh2:

Give the guy a chance.. He is getting use to the team again... It has been a while..

http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/022_330.jpg

Devilsdancefloor
10-04-2010, 08:42 AM

http://i53.tinypic.com/dweu1j.gif

BPS3akaWirels3
10-04-2010, 08:43 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/dweu1j.gif

How long you been saving that one? lol

Devilsdancefloor
10-04-2010, 08:46 AM
How long you been saving that one? lol

lol a while i suppose, but i think it fit

SteelerSal
10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
lol a while i suppose, but i think it fit

perfectly!! :lol:

BlastFurnace
10-04-2010, 09:03 AM
I can handle the loss, but what bothers me is the manner in which they lost. They go up 7-0, and then the defense lays down and lets the Ravens go right down the field to tie the score. They need another stop at the end of the game, and the defense makes the Ravens final drive look effortless. It seems to be a re-occuring theme with this defense.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-04-2010, 09:06 AM
I can handle the loss, but what bothers me is the manner in which they lost. They go up 7-0, and then the defense lays down and lets the Ravens go right down the field to tie the score. They need another stop at the end of the game, and the defense makes the Ravens final drive look effortless. It seems to be a re-occuring theme with this defense.

It's been this way for years but we still go out and cheer them on and hope for the best D..

SteelerSal
10-04-2010, 09:07 AM

Need to add that our offense leaving points on the field and off the scoreboard is re-occurring also.
Like I posted before, alot of times our defense is taking the blame but our offense lack of production is putting them in that situation. IMO

chenzzo
10-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Need to add that our offense leaving points on the field and off the scoreboard is re-occurring also.
Like I posted before, alot of times our defense is taking the blame but our offense lack of production is putting them in that situation. IMO

yeah, those penalties when we were trying to get out of the endzone with 2 minutes to go just killed. One first down there and it would've been a different game.

SteelerSal
10-04-2010, 09:37 AM
yeah, those penalties when we were trying to get out of the endzone with 2 minutes to go just killed. One first down there and it would've been a different game.

exactly...one first down and we are in victory formation for three plays because the Rats were out of timeouts.

JayC
10-04-2010, 10:00 AM

Obviously I'd prefer a win, but what more can we ask for from a backup QB. I think going 3-1 is pretty dang good. The only team with a better record is the Chiefs (LOL) We have a bye week, giving Ben 2 weeks to train with the team. I think we are in pretty good position right now and I ain't gonna complain.
same, usually i would let a loss to the ravens spoil my week but this time it didn't. i assume it's because i'm excited that ben is finally back

SteelGhost
10-04-2010, 10:07 AM

I can handle it too, I was expecting a 2-2 record, and 3-1 is good, but I agree, those drives at the end of the games need to be stopped, BMac looked awful.

And, as much as I like him, I have to say Skippy disappointed me, he shouldn't have missed those FG's, I hope he forgets soon and move on, we'll need him later in the season.

That said .... Congrats to the whole team for this successful first quarter of the 2010 season :tt02:

Lambert_Loonie
10-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Exactly. The time of possession battle is so crucial. That was one of the things that was biting the team last year - as quick & productive as the offense was last year, it didn't give the defense much time to recover, go over notes, rest, make adjustments, etc. You win the time of possession battle, then 9 times out of 10 you win the game.

Not only did the offense not produce yesterday, they didn't chew up the clock enough. Baltimore had the ball on their 40 yard line with 68 seconds left. That's way too much time.

SMR
10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
How much will it bother you to lose to the Browns?:chuckle:

Ugh...please don't go there!

BPS3akaWirels3
10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Ugh...please don't go there!

That's a Brown fan for ya..

HometownGal
10-04-2010, 04:05 PM

Surely you realize, Sal, that the O can't put points on the board with every single drive, though we'd all like to live in that dream world. Given the fact that BA really had no choice but to call a conservative game considering (1) a 4th string QB behind center who hadn't started a game in 2 years; and (b) our opponent - who happens to be the #1 D overall in the NFL - I thought we were lucky to come out with 14 points. Just as our D blew decent sized leads in 5 games last season which resulted in 5 losses, our D - as good as they are - shit the bed again yesterday. No two ways about it.

HometownGal
10-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Baltimore had the ball on their 40 yard line with 68 seconds left. That's way too much time.

Do you remember why the O didn't have the opportunity to chew up the clock on the Rats? I sure do and my foot was just itchin' to swift kick a couple of our guys in their asses.

cold-hard-steel
10-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah,Batch brought that up how he was doing the "hard count" on both those penalties.We lossed and we will move on. By no means are we a finished product on offense,or defense.Like most though,i am happy to be sitting at 3-1.But the 4-0 was so close i could almost taste it.