PDA

View Full Version : Which offense will improve more?

Steeltreal
10-03-2010, 07:11 PM
With 4 week suspensions ending for both Ben and Former #1 pick
Santonio Holmes (NYJ).

Which offense will improve more?

The Jets are clicking on Offense with TE Keller Wideout Edwards and 2 100 yard rushers in Tomlinson and Greene. Add Santonio Holmes to the mix and Sanchez seemingly has endless options. While Ben will have to find his groove and feel for his new receiving corp. Although Mendenhalls run lanes will open up.

Wallace108
10-03-2010, 08:01 PM
I'll take the Steelers' weapons over the Jets' weapons.
And I'll take Ben over Sanchez any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.
Winner: Steelers.

X-Terminator
10-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I think they're about equal in the passing game, but the Jets are a better running team. So I say the Jets improve more than the Steelers do.

steelreserve
10-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Given how bad our offense has been so far, I almost had to wonder if this was a joke thread. It'll be the Steelers, no contest. Half the time, a new wide receiver doesn't even make any difference at all.

steelerdude15
10-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Definitely our offense.

polamalubeast
10-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I like Santonio Holmes, but the steelers offense the Steelers is really bad, especially the pass and a QB is more important than a WR.

But Holmes will help the Jets and he is better than Edwards and Holmes is very clutch.

steeldevil
10-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Obviously ours

HometownGal
10-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Ben is a proven hands down better QB than Sanchez at this point and I'll take our wideouts and TE's every day of the week and thrice on Sunday over the Jets' offensive weapons. They may have a teenie edge in their rushing attack, but overall, without me being a homer-ette here - I think the Steelers gain the advantage.

The Duke
10-03-2010, 09:57 PM
the steelers obviously

they are getting back one of the best qbs in the league while the jets are getting a pretty good receiver on a team that mainly runs the ball and already has a lot of weapons

plus I still don't trust sanzhez

hotrodder07
10-03-2010, 10:03 PM
If the question is who will improve more offensively, it's obviously the Steelers. Any team going from a 4th string quarterback to their superbowl champion starter would improve vastly. Whereas gaining a WR would not be nearly as noticeable to the success of the offense.

If the question is who will have the better offense when these players return, well, I still think the Steelers will. The Jets are clicking on offense right now, but with our passing attack opening up with Ben's return, it will also open up running lanes for Rashard Mendenhall.

Delraich
10-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Every aspect of Pitts team improves not just the offense. Obviously our passing game improves but now teams have to respect that so the running game should be more effective also. The defense doesn't have to start half the series near the 50 yard line or get right back on the field because half our offensive series are 3 and outs so if it's even possible we should give up less points. And not to be left out the special teams may even be improved by trying shorter field goals and not having to punt from the end zone or deep in our own end to set up decent returns.

siss
10-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I'll take the Steelers' weapons over the Jets' weapons.
And I'll take Ben over Sanchez any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.
Winner: Steelers.
I must get my mind out of the gutter!

Delraich
10-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I must get my mind out of the gutter!

Ben can't afford any more accusations.:peep: