PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Rats - Regular Season Game #4 - Who Gets YOUR Game Ball/Game Goat?

HometownGal
10-03-2010, 02:59 PM
I can't believe I"m saying this, but my Game Ball goes to Charlie Batch. I still don't think he's all that great overall, but he stuck in there today like a true vet and made some nice plays. :applaudit: :kudos:

Goats of the game go to my Skippy - not for missing the first FG - the wind took that one, but the second FG was definitely his blunder :buttkick: AND the OL for their fuck ups on the Steelers last possession which put us back nearly into the EZ and Sep had to punt for his life. :doh:

steelerdude15
10-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Mendy.

Polamalu Princess
10-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I am too depressed...

Psycho Ward 86
10-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Reed gets my kick in the ass. You little bitch, and you thought you were gettin' paid

XxKnightxX
10-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Reed and that clusterfu** when the defense stopped that 4th and goal, false starts and holdings its beyond aggravating , we gave it to them easily, we could have wont this game handily but we never capitalized. Im angry since were on a BYE week. Put your cleats on Ben were gonna get to work.......

solardave
10-03-2010, 03:04 PM
You can't possibly win when you play your worst game and have SO MANY DAMN PENALTIES!!!!

Delraich
10-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Game ball goes to Mendy. Goat has to be Skippy both field goals were makable. Honorable goat goes to the entire offensive line plus tight ends. Thank god Ben is coming back. With him in there this game isn't close.

Steeldude
the teams gets the goat(that includes the coaches, OCs...)

hotrodder07
Game Ball - Mendenhall. 2 TDs today. Good job. Honorable mention to Sepulveda. He's been booming them all year, and he averaged another 50 yards per punt today. Very important for field position.

Game Goat - Obviously, Reed. He missed 2 field goals today. 4 total this year. Not good.

X-Terminator
10-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Batch gets the game ball - he had a decent game, and I won't hold that last INT against him. Reed gets the goat - if he makes one of those 2 FGs, they're still playing right now. The guy simply is not earning that big, fat paycheck he wants. As I said in the Gameday thread, he has missed 3 FGs from 40+ this season. That is not going to get the job done.

steelpride12
10-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Game ball of course Mendy, if anyone deserves one. He kept pushing the ball and fighting for yards, and ended with 2 TD's he played well!

JayC
10-03-2010, 03:08 PM
my goat is arians. did he golf all week or something? terrible game plan and didn't change anything until the forth quarter.

my ball game i'd say Gay he had 2 big plays taht kept them out the first time (but the truth now is it might have been better if they scored there lol)

solardave
10-03-2010, 03:08 PM
You can't possibly win when you play your worst game and have SO MANY DAMN PENALTIES!!!!

Did anyone count the false starts on Oher that weren't called? I counted 3 and I'm not whining because our penalties cost us this game. If Fox isn't called for holding on the last punt they probably don't have enough time to score. We looked like we were in prevent the entire game not covering off the line.

Devilsdancefloor
10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
I have to go with timmons played a good game

Butch
10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
To conservative on offense early and the D was not it's usual self. The officials were horrible missing so many false starts by Ohr it was ridicules, but we still only have ourselves to blame. All in all 3-1 without Ben I can live with that. We played a helluva game with Charlie in there when Ben comes back it will be a much different game.

tube517
10-03-2010, 03:12 PM
That play calling on the 2 drives before the long TD drive were horrible.

my goat is arians. did he golf all week or something? terrible game plan and didn't change anything until the forth quarter.

my ball game i'd say Gay he had 2 big plays taht kept them out the first time (but the truth now is it might have been better if they scored there lol)

HometownGal
10-03-2010, 03:17 PM
I had no problem with the early conservative playcalling simply because we were playing the #1 Defense in the NFL with the #4 QB. If it had been Ben or Lefty, I would have B & M'd, but the playcalling has to be totally revamped for Batch.

BlastFurnace
10-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Jeff Reed can kiss his contract extension goodbye. He's my goat. I am a big supporter of his, but he has been absolutely terrible this year.

Game ball goes to the defense. It's not their fault that they lost.

Butch
10-03-2010, 03:22 PM
I had no problem with the early conservative playcalling simply because we were playing the #1 Defense in the NFL with the #4 QB. If it had been Ben or Lefty, I would have B & M'd, but the playcalling has to be totally revamped for Batch.

I do understand that but it was a game we were not expected to win this game so we needed to play a more aggressive and catch 'em off guard like the browns did last week.

Dino 6 Rings
10-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Game ball to Mendenhall.

Goat #1, is a double dip. Reed, cleary he left 6 points out there that we need in this type of game. Both missed off huge turnovers.

Goat #2, The Entire Starting Defense for allowing that last minute drive to result in 7 points. This is one of those situations where we needed the defense to make a big stop, at the end of the game, to get one more turnover, a sack, a tackle for loss, a tipped ball, anything...and they let us down. Shades of last year. hopefully the film sessions on that last drive are brutal.

X-Terminator
10-03-2010, 03:29 PM

Yeah, but not that much. The playcalling was WAY too conservative today, and when Arians finally did open up the playbook, they marched right down the field. For all the limitations that Batch has at QB, they could have still thrown more on first down than they did, even if it was something short to back off the safety out of the box. That was frustrating for me to watch.

SteelCityMan786
10-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Game Ball goes to Mendy.

Game Goats are Reed for leaving 6 points and the starting D for allowing Douchemanzadeh wide open.

X-Terminator
10-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Jeff Reed can kiss his contract extension goodbye. He's my goat. I am a big supporter of his, but he has been absolutely terrible this year.

Game ball goes to the defense. It's not their fault that they lost.

The defense played way too passive for way too long today, and the final drive was a microcosm. They have a team just 40 yards away with no timeouts, and they play loose? Come on now! They absolutely deserve some criticism.

Edman
10-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Gameball goes to Mendenhall.

Goats go to Defense and Jeff Reed.

Defense: I don't care if they held the Rats to 17 points. Each and every single time the Steelers O did something, the D folded on several occasions. Flacco exposed the Steelers Defense. Just throw over the middle. Keep away from Polamalu. Ryan Clark isn't going to do anything. Put a Tight End on James Farrior. He isn't going to do anything either. Since last year, Farrior and Clark have been liabilities Covering dudes on D. I know Lebeau's scheme calls for a cushion, but there's a difference between playing a scheme and playing passive. Lebeau played Passive Prevent all game, daring Flacco to beat him. Well, he did.

Jeffy: Mr. Dispenser Puncher did his best Kris Brown impression. Wave bye-bye to that new contract.

Steelman
10-03-2010, 03:40 PM
My goat goes to anyone who committed a penalty. You know who you are.

st33lersguy
10-03-2010, 03:40 PM
game ball- NO ONE

Wallace108
10-03-2010, 03:43 PM

I agree with both.

Gay stepped up to make two nice plays late in the game.

I felt the play calling was horrible all game, but especially late in the fourth quarter. I know it's so cliche, but after they went up 14-10, they played not to lose. And guess what ...

And what was up with the D allowing the Ravens receivers to get outside and get out of bounds on that last drive? You gotta keep them inside.

Game Ball: Gay (honorable mentions: Timmons and the O-line for most of the game)
Goat: Coaches

GoSlash27
10-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Game ball to Willie Gay, 2 weeks in a row. Wonders never cease...

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-03-2010, 04:26 PM

Come on. The guy is flat out clutch and worth every penny of the franchise tag.

My goat is Ben. If he isnt suspended, then this one is over by the 3rd quarter.

BigNastyDefense
10-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Game Ball:

Rashard Mendenhall, he had a very good game against a good defense. Two touchdowns. Without him, we're shut out or score only six points.

Goat:

Jeff Reed! If he makes one of those FG's, the game goes to OT. If he makes both, Steelers are 4-0.

Honorable mention goes to the penalties. Hard to win a game when you have 100 yards worth of penalties.

7SteelGal43
10-03-2010, 04:50 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2009/09/jeff-reed-misses.jpghttp://www.windrifthill.com/Images/Farm/goat3a.jpg

stillers4me
10-03-2010, 04:53 PM
I gotta give props to Ike and Willie Gay.

A swift kick in the hiney to the coaches and the offense for not capitilizing on 2 turnovers, Jeff Reed....whatzupwitchoo? and the defensive collapse that allowed the Rats to score with 30 some seconds left. Why was Troy blitzing instead of intercepting that ball?? :dizzy:

SteelerSal
10-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Randle El gets my game ball...he made 2 clutch catches to keep scoring drives alive.

stillers4me
10-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Randle El gets my game ball...he made 2 clutch catches to keep scoring drives alive.

El yeah! That was good to see. We need him to step up with Ben coming back.

Shoes
10-03-2010, 05:07 PM

I agree with Sal on El getting the game ball......as for Jeff Goat Reed....... :chuckle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/OldDelhi-GoatEatingPaperBagjeffreed.jpg

Wallace108
10-03-2010, 05:23 PM

Blinded by disappointment, I wasn't even thinking about ARE. :doh2: I take back the game ball I gave to Gay and award it to ARE. He looked real good out there today.

kmsteelerwr15
10-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Game ball to Mendy and of course the goat goes to Reed with a mention to the defense.

Butch
10-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Game ball Gay with honorable mention to ARE if not for his muff...

SteelerSal
10-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Blinded by disappointment, I wasn't even thinking about ARE. :doh2: I take back the game ball I gave to Gay and award it to ARE. He looked real good out there today.

Does that make you a Gay indian giver? :lol:

Wallace108
10-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Does that make you a Gay indian giver? :lol:

:toofunny:

That'll be about enough of that. :heh:

SteelerSal
10-03-2010, 05:41 PM
:toofunny:

That'll be about enough of that. :heh:

It was to easy to just let it pass. :lol:

Craic
10-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Game ball: I have to give it too... Pouncy.

This is the biggest, baddest defense he has, and probably will ever face in the NFL, and we did not hear his name called ONCE. He did a very good job. As for the pretty-boy positions (:chuckle:) I'd have to give it to Gay and ARE. Mendy had a decent game. He danced around quite a bit as well. Didn't hit the hole hard on a number of runs, etc. However, more than once, he also turned a no-gainer into positive yards. No ball for him.

Moose
10-03-2010, 05:48 PM
How do you give the 'game ball ' to anyone on the Steeler's team ? We LOST !! The game ball goes to the ratbirds for a win in a, as Tomlin would say, hostile environment. They came in and did what it would take to win, nothing more, nothing less. They had to win this game and they did. The 'GOAT' goes to the Black and Gold !! This was a very winnable game. All they had to do was play 60 minutes of Steeler football. This game really hurts at least 3 ways......we were beat on our HOME field, we were beat by a team that is very beatable, and we were beat by a DIVISION opponent..which we all know can come back and haunt us at the end of the road. Sorry, in my opinion there is no excuse for this loss other than the fact our players had their heads up their asses. Okay, I do have to say that I am very happy we are at 3-1, at the beginning of the season I was leaning to being happy with just a 2-2 record with Ben gone. But to know that we could have been 4-0 with Ben coming in at the driver seat would have left no limits to this years team. How awesome of a season is in the making ?! So, hopefully they got the losing feeling in their system now, hopefully they are as pissed right now as I am, hopefully Tomlin will get in their butts this Tues. Wed. and Thursday at practice, and in 2 weeks Ben will unleash hell on opponents !! Thank God the bungholes lost too ... I didn't have to listen to those obnoxious bastards at work !!

stillers4me
10-03-2010, 05:50 PM
in 2 weeks Ben will unleash hell on opponents !!

Please don't state it like that. :heh:

Thank God the bungholes lost too ... I didn't have to listen to those obnoxious bastards at work !!

I can relate. :drink:

7willBheaven
10-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Ok...first Preacher we did hear Pouncey's name he got called for a penalty during the game (holding).

Anyways...the only person i would consider giving a game ball to would be Mendy...with a slight honorable mention to El.

The rest of the team and the coaches get goats. The D stunk in the 1st half...then played better in the 2nd up until those last 2 Raven drives...even though we had a goal line stand...it never should have gotten that close. The O was so up and down...other than the 2nd TD drive it was terrible...and terrible play calling by the OC...and at some points even the DC. Dont even get me started and Reed...absolutely ridiculous...2 home games...4 missed FGs...he only missed 4 all last year.

steelreserve
10-03-2010, 07:14 PM
I don't think anyone deserves a game ball for that. Timmons was probably our best player on defense, but I wouldn't say anyone had a great game.

Goat would be a tie. Reed has been an absolute stink bomb this year, enough said. My other goat goes to Batch, for sure. I don't know how in the hell anyone could think that was a good game from him. He had one good scoring drive, and the rest of the time, the offense was so stilted and jerky that it didn't look like we were really ever going to score. He had that one deep bomb to El ... but that was the only one out of about 7 or 8 bombs he attempted, so it might as well be chalked up to luck. He looked like he was pressured and jittery all day, even though they weren't getting very much pressure on him. We got the ball inside the Ravens' 40 on turnovers twice and couldn't even pick up 10 goddamn yard to get in decent field goal range. You can blame the playcalling, or the offense in general, but sorry, a lot of that goes on the quarterback. I honestly think with a healthy Leftwich, we win that game.

tyler289
10-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Game ball: I have to give it too... Pouncy.

This is the biggest, baddest defense he has, and probably will ever face in the NFL, and we did not hear his name called ONCE. He did a very good job. As for the pretty-boy positions (:chuckle:) I'd have to give it to Gay and ARE. Mendy had a decent game. He danced around quite a bit as well. Didn't hit the hole hard on a number of runs, etc. However, more than once, he also turned a no-gainer into positive yards. No ball for him.

Pouncey actually had a holding penalty, but yes, he was awesome today.

ALLD
10-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Game ball goes to Mendy for two TDs.

Reed makes those kicks and we win, but he did not and we did not. Goes to show do not leave it up to the kicker. I cannot believe the day Ike Taylor actually holds onto the ball for an interception and we lose. We won the turnover battle, but did not capitalize. Batch was adequate. The defense looked lost on the game losing drive. Only Ryan Clark was hitting. I expected to see more Rats being carried off in body bags. No way we can finesse the defense and expect to win a championship.

The Duke
10-03-2010, 10:45 PM

yep

and just as I was saying he should be deactivated in favor of the rookie receivers

glad to see him make me eat my words

stlrtruck
10-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Game Ball goes to Mendy. He had some nice runs.

Goat Ball goes to skippy for missing to two FGs
Second Goat goes to the O-line for not playing solid for the last two minutes of the game
Third Goat goes to the defensive unit - LeBeau included for playing prevent with only a four point lead then trying to blitz with 30 seconds to go. We never should have gotten out of our attack mode.

SteelGhost
10-04-2010, 10:23 AM
The Black & Gold lost...no game ball, no goat...just honorable and bad performance mentions for me.

Honorable to Pouncey (despite of his holding), ARE, Mendenhall, Gay and Timmons

Bad performance to Reed, BMac and, it hurts to say this but the cushions the secondary are giving in the late drives are awful :doh: Mr. LeBeau is one of the greatest defensive master minds in the history of the NFL, but he needs to address that issue ASAP.

crcsnail
10-04-2010, 10:58 AM
i know its ifs and buts but if we had santonio holmes out there im sure we would have hit a quick slant to him when we were backed up at the end of the game. im still miffed he is gone so he is my goat!

zulater
10-04-2010, 11:16 AM
No game balls in a loss.

Sepuvelda, Timmons, and Mendenhall,all played good games. But obviously not good enough.

For goats I'd go Reed, gotta make one of those Jeff.:wtf: Kemo and Spaeth, motion penalties at home? C'mon man!:doh: And Woodley and Harrison, I know they were getting the ball out quick, I know they were chipping with their tight end's, but big time players got to make big time plays in big games. Yesterday was a bad day to go Claude Raines on us! :horror:

SteelMember
10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Game Ball goes to Flacco, or Mason.

Game goat goes to... Batch.
Their D had him nervous all game. Even when he had some completions, he looked the receiver down too long and threw it late.
Sure Reed missed two field goals, but they were 45+ yarders. We gotta be able to get inside the 25 for some better oppotunities if were not gonna get TD's.