PDA

View Full Version : Head-to-head: Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey vs. Ravens NT Kelly Gregg

LLT
10-03-2010, 06:03 AM
Head-to-head: Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey vs. Ravens NT Kelly Gregg
Sunday, October 03, 2010
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Despite two Pro Bowl appearances and a record 75-yard touchdown run in a Super Bowl, Willie Parker never knew what it was like to rush for more than 100 yards against the Baltimore Ravens.

Rashard Mendenhall, his replacement, hasn't been around as long, but he hasn't done it, either, even though he became only the seventh different player in franchise history to rush for more than 1,000 yards in 2009.

Indeed, historians will have to go back to Dec. 26, 2004, to find the last time a Steelers running back had more than 100 yards against the Ravens. That was when Jerome Bettis rushed for 117 yards on 27 carries in a 20-7 victory at Heinz Field, the Steelers' 13th consecutive victory in a 15-1 season.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10276/1092262-66.stm#ixzz11ICfqmwz

HometownGal
10-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Maurkice is going to have his work cut out for him today, no doubt, but the kid is a beast on that line and I believe he is going to do just fine. :thumbsup: If the rest of the guys on the OL step it up a notch and Flo continues with his improved play on the right side, Mendy should have a halfway decent day of production and hopefully a couple of trips into the EZ. :tt02:

Galax Steeler
10-03-2010, 07:06 AM
I have faith in Pouncey and hopefully he will be able to continue to play well against the Ravens. For sure it will be a true test for him today but he can do it.

Texasteel
10-03-2010, 07:13 AM
I agree that if we have trouble with our line today, Maurkice will not be it. He is young and will have a good days work ahead of him but the guy he replaced would have had a tougher time of it. I think Maurkice will be fine, Adams will push people around like he can still do, and Mendy will have a good day.

ALLD
10-03-2010, 07:28 AM
By Monday morning the national media will finally concede that the Steelers are for real and on a mission. Mendy is good for 100+ yards and two TDs today or you can call me Earl.