PDA

View Full Version : Catching up with ... Bubby Brister

LLT
10-03-2010, 06:01 AM
Catching up with ... Bubby Brister
Sunday, October 03, 2010
By Colin Dunlap, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201010/bubbyhed1003_330.jpg

Five years after Hurricane Katrina, friends and neighbors still laud the ex-Steelers quarterback for his efforts in saving their homes and their neighborhood.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10276/1092270-66.stm#ixzz11IBsyDsJ

HometownGal
10-03-2010, 06:35 AM
That's my Walt! :yay3:

Good read, LLT. :drink: I know first hand what kind of a man Bubby is and from reading the article, it doesn't surprise me at all that he was "Johnny on the Spot" in helping out his neighbors after Katrina. He was tortured by the media and some of the fans while here in the Burgh, as many Steelers QB's are, and I was happy when he got the opportunity he did with the Broncs and helped them get to the playoffs in 1998 when Elway was injured for 5 games and Walt stepped up and led his team to victory in all 5 of those games. :applaudit: I'm also very happy that he got 2 Super Bowl rings while with the Broncs. :thumbsup:

:drink: Bubby!

BlastFurnace
10-03-2010, 07:15 AM
I always liked Bubby. I wonder what his legacy in Pittsburgh would have been had Cowher started him in that 1992 Buffalo playoff game and won it. Bubby was playing well, but NOD was coming back from injury.

SMR
10-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Wow, Bubby. Thanks for the memories.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-03-2010, 08:33 AM
That's my Walt! :yay3:

Good read, LLT. :drink: I know first hand what kind of a man Bubby is and from reading the article, it doesn't surprise me at all that he was "Johnny on the Spot" in helping out his neighbors after Katrina. He was tortured by the media and some of the fans while here in the Burgh, as many Steelers QB's are, and I was happy when he got the opportunity he did with the Broncs and helped them get to the playoffs in 1998 when Elway was injured for 5 games and Walt stepped up and led his team to victory in all 5 of those games. :applaudit: I'm also very happy that he got 2 Super Bowl rings while with the Broncs. :thumbsup:

:drink: Bubby!

For me there is only one X-QB that I hate from our team... Let's just say I love their double cheeseburgers but hate the name as it reminds me of that idiot..

SMR
10-03-2010, 08:41 AM
For me there is only one X-QB that I hate from our team... Let's just say I love their double cheeseburgers but hate the name as it reminds me of that idiot..

:chuckle:

solardave
10-03-2010, 08:53 AM
My Dad always called him Blister. He'd say "why aren't they playing ole Bubby Blister"? I liked him too. Turns out he's as good a man as he was a QB.

SteelerSal
10-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Good read, LLT..thanks for posting.

I got goose bumps on my arm reading and reliving Katrina.

86WARD
10-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Bubby's the man. Big fan...nice to see he's throwing some support Ben's way.

Happy he got his Super Bowl rings...just wish he could've gotten them in Pittsburgh.

vader29
10-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Nice story, I always liked Bubby when he was here.