PDA

View Full Version : Gerry: Get Sanders back in the offense

tube517
10-02-2010, 05:28 PM
http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers/105414-gerry-get-sanders-back-in-the-offense

(This is that PG+ site and I have trouble getting in it sometimes)

Gerry Dulac talks about Sanders knowing the routes better than A.Brown but A.Brown is the KR.

The Duke
10-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Well how about deactivating El?

he's better in a mentor role at this point. When ben comes back there should be no fear of using brown on punt returns, and gotta give ben time to play with his newest weapons in sanders and brown. El is a good reserve at most imo

SMR
10-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Well how about deactivating El?

he's better in a mentor role at this point. When ben comes back there should be no fear of using brown on punt returns, and gotta give ben time to play with his newest weapons in sanders and brown. El is a good reserve at most imo

Ya took the words outta my mouth- thanx alot!

Chidi29
10-02-2010, 08:02 PM
The biggest reason why El is still active is because of the security blanket he offers, especially as a return man. Putting rookies back there in big situations is risky business. Goal number one of punt returns: Field the ball cleanly. If you can do that, I could care less what you do after the fact.

Nadroj 20
10-02-2010, 08:22 PM
The biggest reason why El is still active is because of the security blanket he offers, especially as a return man. Putting rookies back there in big situations is risky business. Goal number one of punt returns: Field the ball cleanly. If you can do that, I could care less what you do after the fact.

I agree Chidi, if you wanna deactivate a WR why not battle, and let Sanders play his special team spot and also be a possible weapon on O.

Also as I have said before lets not write off El quite yet because I can see him still being decent with Ben back.

steelpride12
10-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Ya I totally forgot we didn't see much or any of Sanders against TB.
But I have feelings toward both size, I think Sanders as a rookie should not be taking all punts and kickoffs he is not a reliable returner just yet, but at the same time I think he is an upgrade over ARE and would give us that spark to win us a game.

Soufjerzz
10-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I think once Ben comes back, Sanders might get activated.

Chidi29
10-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Ya I totally forgot we didn't see much or any of Sanders against TB.
But I have feelings toward both size, I think Sanders as a rookie should not be taking all punts and kickoffs he is not a reliable returner just yet, but at the same time I think he is an upgrade over ARE and would give us that spark to win us a game.

Sanders has not been active the past two weeks.

Chidi29
10-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I agree Chidi, if you wanna deactivate a WR why not battle, and let Sanders play his special team spot and also be a possible weapon on O.

Also as I have said before lets not write off El quite yet because I can see him still being decent with Ben back.

Not a bad idea, but it really depends on how Battle has looked on kick/punt coverage. I really haven't been able to see it so I can't say either way. If he's playing well, I'd rather take out El than him.

stillers4me
10-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Sanders has not been active the past two weeks.

He was injured.

Nadroj 20
10-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Not a bad idea, but it really depends on how Battle has looked on kick/punt coverage. I really haven't been able to see it so I can't say either way. If he's playing well, I'd rather take out El than him.

Yeah thats pretty much what I'm thinking. I guess if battle is going unnoticed hes not doing anything too great or too bad for anyone to recognize. But i don't see him helping at all on O.

Chidi29
10-02-2010, 10:05 PM
He was injured.

As far as I know, he was healthy last week.

JayC
10-02-2010, 11:38 PM
he will get his chance when the time comes no need to rush him into the lineup like the lions or clowns would do just because he had a pretty good preseason. remember! we are the steelers we have patience with our young ones. he'll step up when called upon.

7willBheaven
10-02-2010, 11:44 PM
he will get his chance when the time comes no need to rush him into the lineup like the lions or clowns would do just because he had a pretty good preseason. remember! we are the steelers we have patience with our young ones. he'll step up when called upon.

This is true! However they are also the Steelers whose owner said he wants the draft picks to get developed quicker (which comes with playing time/etc). I agree if it were up to me...I wouldnt dress Battle if i had to pick 1 WR not to dress...you could always rotate them around some or whatever, but Battle would be the guy. Id wanna get that 1 mil bonus outta him though over the time he's here, haha.