PDA

View Full Version : Batch going out party

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey man , he's been around wating for this chance.Your home team,and you are the pilot,lets fly this baby home. I believe we are looking at 4-0 when Ben steps back in.For one time the Ravens have to respect the "bigger arm than most believe". Batch is a student of the game. Even the passes he made that were ill-advised by some,were chalked up to experience. Who really cares if you get an interception in your own endzone? Touchback baby.I feel really proud to be one who supported Batch this whole off season.He has the chance to make his dream come true,and i don't think he will let us all down.Sure he is rusty. After all the time he has spent on the bench just studying from the sideline,who wouldn't be?This sunday could be his last start,and i am sure he knows it.He has been like no other back-up we have had.Helping,studying,and came through when we needed him to.He grew up a Steeler fan,and his life long dream was to play for us.He has his chance to fullfill that dream this sunday to get us on our way.We are heading in the right direction.Don't look for ole Charlie boy to let us down. It's in his blood.Detroit gave him the bad name,but Pittsburgh can erase it.

SteelerEmpire
10-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Batch was already "coach" material several years ago... Which means he "knows" the game "more than most". It absolutely AMAZED me why he was not considered as Ben's back-up this season from the start... I submit he has even more "knowledge" of QB'ing than even Ben... But Ben can transfer the know-how he has from his head to his arms and body better ...

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Batch was already "coach" material several years ago... Which means he "knows" the game "more than most". It absolutely AMAZED me why he was not considered as Ben's back-up this season from the start... I submit he has even more "knowledge" of QB'ing than even Ben... what was Tomlin thinking...?

I agree as many do,we may be seeing him as a coach somewhere in this league,if not for us,somewhere.He played most of his career for a lousy team,and did not make a name for himself.I applaud the front office for picking him up,and bringing him back home where he belongs.Some call him brittle,or china doll,some "God forbid" call him botch.I thought his record as a starter was 5-1,with a chance to make it 6-1. Turns out preseason does not count. At any rate,when he has had the chance to play,he has 95% made us proud.His decisions are quick and precise.If he makes a bad one you can see him on the sideline flipping through the pages of film,and then coming back to make it right.Batch is a part of where we are going like it or not. That is 4-0!!!!!

JonM229
10-01-2010, 09:18 PM
I agree as many do,we may be seeing him as a coach somewhere in this league,if not for us,somewhere.He played most of his career for a lousy team,and did not make a name for himself.I applaud the front office for picking him up,and bringing him back home where he belongs.Some call him brittle,or china doll,some "God forbid" call him botch.I thought his record as a starter was 5-1,with a chance to make it 6-1. Turns out preseason does not count. At any rate,when he has had the chance to play,he has 95% made us proud.His decisions are quick and precise.If he makes a bad one you can see him on the sideline flipping through the pages of film,and then coming back to make it right.Batch is a part of where we are going like it or not. That is 3-1!!!!!

Fixed that last part for ya

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Fixed that last part for ya

How can you fix 4-1 , to 3-1?

JonM229
10-01-2010, 09:21 PM
How can you fix 4-1 , to 3-1?

I changed 4-0 to 3-1 because the Ravens are winning on Sunday.

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 09:22 PM

OHHHH, OK! You Sly lil devil you!
Shouldn't that be 4-2 then?

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Don't forget where you're going to this Sunday. Not much success of late.

Prouncey53
10-01-2010, 09:26 PM

I bet you won't be so confident once you see Flacco in the dirt on the first play Sunday

SteelerEmpire
10-01-2010, 09:26 PM
I agree as many do,we may be seeing him as a coach somewhere in this league,if not for us,somewhere.He played most of his career for a lousy team,and did not make a name for himself.I applaud the front office for picking him up,and bringing him back home where he belongs.Some call him brittle,or china doll,some "God forbid" call him botch.I thought his record as a starter was 5-1,with a chance to make it 6-1. Turns out preseason does not count. At any rate,when he has had the chance to play,he has 95% made us proud.His decisions are quick and precise.If he makes a bad one you can see him on the sideline flipping through the pages of film,and then coming back to make it right.Batch is a part of where we are going like it or not. That is 4-0!!!!!

Just call him the "Batch... the 'Brainiac'"... If you ever just listened to his details bout QB'ing... he's got the QB position "goin on" upstairs in his head... converting it to physical output is his 'only' challenge...

JonM229
10-01-2010, 09:31 PM
OHHHH, OK! You Sly lil devil you!
Shouldn't that be 4-2 then?

No, because there would only have been 4 games played, not 6.

I know education isn't very important to most in the 'Burgh, but come on.

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 09:36 PM
I watched him on the sideline flipping through photos of that interception. You could see the frustration coupled with determination to make the play work. He did just that the very next chance he got.Detroit may have put a handicap on him,but he wants to make things right,you can tell it from watching him.Everyone thinks he just carried a clip board around for nothing.I think he may become an exciting offensive coordinator.

Wallace108
10-01-2010, 09:37 PM

Hey, at least we can count to six.

http://kingdom-biz.net/uploads/SixLombardis.png

Ravens fans can't get past one.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ZhQaESWIaTgxtM:http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj124/standoWt/LombardiTrophy.png&t=1

:chuckle:

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 09:40 PM

Ok Orioles fan in disguise,He is 4-1 now.After Sunday he will be 5-1. So where did the 2 come from?

SteelerEmpire
10-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I like the "Illumination" of those bright, shinny trophies... Looks like a "Double 3 Pack"... what does it mean ??? .... OMG... I don't know what it means !?!?!?

JonM229
10-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Hey, at least we can count to six.

http://kingdom-biz.net/uploads/SixLombardis.png

Ravens fans can't get past one.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ZhQaESWIaTgxtM:http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj124/standoWt/LombardiTrophy.png&t=1

:chuckle:

You got me there

Ok Orioles fan in disguise,He is 4-1 now.After Sunday he will be 5-1. So where did the 2 come from?

You said Batch was going to take the Steelers to 4-0 at the end of your post. I changed it to 3-1.

SteelerEmpire
10-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Batch... 5 games as Starter... 8 TD's !!! Money's worth for a 2nd string...!!!!!!!!

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 09:46 PM

Oh i'm sorry homeboy,i thought you were going for the season sweep.

JonM229
10-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Oh i'm sorry homeboy,i thought you were going for the season sweep.

No problem, I was just messing with you anyway.

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 09:59 PM
No problem, I was just messing with you anyway.

Thats ok dude,once you find out the Orioles are losers,and then the Ravens flock up beside them.....i understand.You better be concentrating on how to catch a 4-0 Steeler team dude. Thats where your mind should be. I ain't kiddin,or joshin about that either. You guys are in for a whole "BATCH" of trouble boy for sure.

JonM229
10-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Thats ok dude,once you find out the Orioles are losers,and then the Ravens flock up beside them.....i understand.You better be concentrating on how to catch a 4-0 Steeler team dude. Thats where your mind should be. I ain't kiddin,or joshin about that either. You guys are in for a whole "BATCH" of trouble boy for sure.

You can mention the Orioles all you want because I hate baseball

Wallace108
10-01-2010, 10:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

EDIT: That wasn't directed at you, Jon. :chuckle:

JonM229
10-01-2010, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

Call me Francis, and I'll kill ya

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Call me a Steeler fan and i will puff up! Call me a Phightin Phillies fan,and i will just smile!

Wallace108
10-01-2010, 10:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1RWjkQ4M8o&NR=1

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 10:24 PM
These are the dreams of Jonboy. Then he realized that his team was after all .....the Cleveland Browns!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw2w3XvgNog

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Admit it Jonboy,you are afraid of the wrath your team will recieve this Sunday @1:00 PM. Your immage of reflecting a stifeling defense such as ours is coming to a close. Now bow down Jonboy,and be a good lil Raven fan.Don't stop tryin though.You are falling apart already.By the time you get one more component to make your defense stronger,we will have two already on offense. Admit it , you can't win. Pardon me, we do have the zebras right?

JonM229
10-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Call me a Steeler fan and i will puff up! Call me a Phightin Phillies fan,and i will just smile!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_taPC-1l2iog/Rqrqxh3_kFI/AAAAAAAAAcg/o6amxSIfp5Y/s400/2053.jpg

JonM229
10-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Admit it Jonboy,you are afraid of the wrath your team will recieve this Sunday @1:00 PM. Your immage of reflecting a stifeling defense such as ours is coming to a close. Now bow down Jonboy,and be a good lil Raven fan.Don't stop tryin though.You are falling apart already.By the time you get one more component to make your defense stronger,we will have two already on offense. Admit it , you can't win. Pardon me, we do have the zebras right?

I live in the Midwest, I watch the games at noon

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 10:41 PM
I live in the Midwest, I watch the games at noon

So you won't even know you lost until an hour later! LOL

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Oh excuse us uneducated people,you will know you lost an hour before i will.

Wallace108
10-01-2010, 10:47 PM
We've got two penalties on the play. Unnecessary roughness on cold-hard-steel. And unnecessary roughness on Jon. Penalties offset ... replay third down.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts__25/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-307166430-1256175121.jpg?ymRoUFCDf0U1zQBF

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 10:55 PM
We've got two penalties on the play. Unnecessary roughness on cold-hard-steel. And unnecessary roughness on Jon. Penalties offset ... replay third down.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts__25/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-307166430-1256175121.jpg?ymRoUFCDf0U1zQBF

Thats screwed up dude , he hit me first.Come on man,oh man don't toss me out.Man thats just plain messed up !!F-that i'm outa here. I aint payin no fine! NOOOO! you heard what i said! Okie dokie,how much do i owe you.Can i set you up with my centerfold sister? LOL

43Hitman
10-01-2010, 10:59 PM

BillyBob is that you? You sure sound like him.

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 11:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L0nnsO0q0E

43Hitman
10-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Mach 5? T-Rex?

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Mach 5? T-Rex?

Where ya been brother? I'm honest.
You tryin to insult me?
I liked t-rex. It made me laugh.

JonM229
10-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Oh excuse us uneducated people,you will know you lost an hour before i will.

That's not how time zones work

Wallace108
10-01-2010, 11:13 PM
That's it!! Six-game suspensions for everyone! Except for the Patriots ... they get a draft pick.

http://realsportsheroes.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/09/goodell.jpg

Merchant
10-01-2010, 11:14 PM
I just hope our O-line holds up well and Batch doesn't take too many big hits. His fragility is always a concern.

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 11:19 PM

i'm just messin with you too guy. You're ok.I'm just mad cuz i wished you a "Happy Birthday" and you never said thanx! LOL For real i'm mad cuz the Ravens took the precidence in my viewing area away. Just another reason to hate another Browns team.I think you really admire the Steelers,and what "Batch" of trouble you guys are trotting into.I'm passionate about my team,and you have that same right.But come on dude,you are on the STEEL site.Yuo know you want to convert man. Just man up. It's ok. We will mix you up a "Batch" of reasons to convert. Noone will hold it agin ya.

polamalubeast
10-01-2010, 11:21 PM
That's it!! Six-game suspensions for everyone! Except for the Patriots ... they get a draft pick.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07IpeIb0Yi6F1/220x.jpg

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 11:22 PM

Is there anyway i can get my fine and or suspension reduced kind sir?
what if i mix up a whole "Batch" of trouble?

polamalubeast
10-01-2010, 11:26 PM

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Buffalo+Bills+v+New+England+Patriots+lAiR9kCNu1Em. jpg

Wallace108
10-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Is there anyway i can get my fine and or suspension reduced kind sir?
what if i mix up a whole "Batch" of trouble?

No. Settle down.
Let's get back on topic.
(I don't even remember what the topic was about).

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Data base error

cold-hard-steel
10-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Batch brings a whole lot more to the table than people give him crediit for. That is the topic. He is an old school pocket QB. He will stay in that pocket and wait,but he will still toss the ball out of reach. Old school! He won't take the sack if he can help it. He would rather step up than run outside where he is a sitting duck. But he see's shit up the middle to as he proved last
sunday. Batch is going to lead us to a 4-0 start like it or not. The defense will be by his side,but he will make sure we win because he cares.He does care! That good enough for ya?

Wallace108
10-01-2010, 11:57 PM
The defense will be by his side,but he will make sure we win because he cares.He does care! That good enough for ya?

Are you saying we're going to win because Batch cares? :huh:
So all the games we lost with Ben ... we lost because he didn't care? :noidea:

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 12:13 AM
ok smart pea,Batch does care because this is the exit of his career.He has this one last chance to make his dreams come true. Did you ever dream of starting for the Pittsburgh Steelers? Well if you did guess what? You failed miserably. He did,and he is doing it now!He may be done after this season,but he has his chance to fullfill his dream.If you want to take that away from him after the fantastic job he has done for us,you gotta be a dick! You go Wallace up and down all you want,but don't mess with me cause you may not like the thread i started.There is only one guy right now that will get the ball to Wallace.......thats right....BATCH. Get over the hate and let the man play.

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm waitin big guy

Wallace108
10-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Dude, take a deep breath ...
Let's take this one line at a time:

ok smart pea,Batch does care because this is the exit of his career.
Who said Batch doesn't care? But it takes more than just caring to be successful. I'm sure every QB in the league, except maybe Jamarcus Russell, cares. Doesn't mean they're all going to be successful.

He has this one last chance to make his dreams come true.
What exactly are his dreams? He's done as soon as Ben comes back ...

Did you ever dream of starting for the Pittsburgh Steelers?
Yes

Well if you did guess what? You failed miserably.
I also dreamed of being president of the United States. I guess I'm a COMPLETE failure. :noidea:

He did,and he is doing it now
Batch is starting because he's the last man standing.

He may be done after this season,but he has his chance to fullfill his dream.
Again, what is his dream? To be a starting QB? He'd better enjoy Sunday ... cause that's his last start.

If you want to take that away from him after the fantastic job he has done for us,you gotta be a dick!
Guilty

You go Wallace up and down all you want,but don't mess with me cause you may not like the thread i started.
I've got a feeling Wallace will be something Batch never was ... a superstar. I never said I didn't like your thread. I wouldn't be posting in it if I didn't. :noidea:

There is only one guy right now that will get the ball to Wallace.......thats right....BATCH.
I bet Randle El could do it ... :chuckle: Come on, you know you smiled.

Get over the hate and let the man play.
I have ZERO hate for Batch. In fact, I've been one of his biggest supporters. I felt he should have been starting ahead of Dixon AND Lefty. I have my reasons for feeling that way ... I was just trying to understand yours. :drink:

Wallace108
10-02-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm waitin big guy

Waitin' for what? A coherent thought? :coffee:

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Well it seems that you went out of your way to prove that you aren't a dick,but at the same time you made the error that you could be.When you run down a Qb that has stepped up the way Batch has done,and annoint someone that is still trying to lay proof out there,you got me man.Batch never had the talent he has around him now.If he had,who can say what kind of player he could have become.He had no defense in Detroit,no good receivers to speak of,no offensive line to talk about,and yet we had the intuitivness to pick him up.Wow,what a revelation.Don't smack down my thread dude.I'm pumped on Batch,and i thought he should have been the starter anyway.He is the one with something to prove,not Wallace,ward,Miller,or anyone else. They are all the ones that missed a perfectly thrown ball too!!!!!Or did you forget about that? This ain't a Batch hater thread,it's a Batch pumper upper thread.

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Man,i need to calm down.I'm just so sick to death of people cuttin down on Charlie.The only thing he ever has done for us is win all but one game as a starter.I can't stand people calling him "MR BRITTLE",or "CHINA DOLL",when all he does is win games.Ben got hurt in games too.Leftoverwich gets hurt all the time. I'm pullin for you Charlie.You got one guy behind you.Pull out #4-0 and you have done your job once again.You are the last man standing.Dixon was younger than you,but you are still there. Fight Charlie! Do your part to bring home #7!

Wallace108
10-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Oh jeebus cripes ... do I have to take this line by line again?

Well it seems that you went out of your way to prove that you aren't a dick,but at the same time you made the error that you could be.
If there's any doubt in your mind, let me remove it ...

When you run down a Qb that has stepped up the way Batch has done,and annoint someone that is still trying to lay proof out there,you got me man.
How did I "run down" Batch? Like I said, I've always supported him. I was just curious as to why you have love for him other than the fact that he "cares."

Batch never had the talent he has around him now.If he had,who can say what kind of player he could have become.
Batch could have played with Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders. It wouldn't have done him any good as he watched from the sidelines. Batch was always a solid quarterback, but he just couldn't stay healthy. It was true in Detroit ... it was true in Pittsburgh.
EDIT: It appears Batch DID play with Sanders. :chuckle:

He had no defense in Detroit,no good receivers to speak of,no offensive line to talk about,and yet we had the intuitivness to pick him up.Wow,what a revelation.
We picked him up as a backup QB, which is all he is. Not because he doesn't have talent, but because he can't stay healthy. There's not a team out there (except maybe the Browns) that would bank on Batch being their starting QB.

Don't smack down my thread dude.
I wouldn't think of it ...

I'm pumped on Batch,and i thought he should have been the starter anyway.
I agree.

He is the one with something to prove,not Wallace,ward,Miller,or anyone else. They are all the ones that missed a perfectly thrown ball too!!!!!Or did you forget about that?
After last season, the entire team has something to prove. Dude, I'm a huge Charlie Batch fan, but he's got one game left ... let's enjoy it. :drink:

This ain't a Batch hater thread,it's a Batch pumper upper thread.
LEFTWICH RULES!!!! Just kidding, dude ... :tt02:

Wallace108
10-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Man,i need to calm down.I'm just so sick to death of people cuttin down on Charlie.The only thing he ever has done for us is win all but one game as a starter.I can't stand people calling him "MR BRITTLE",or "CHINA DOLL",when all he does is win games.Ben got hurt in games too.Leftoverwich gets hurt all the time. I'm pullin for you Charlie.You got one guy behind you.Pull out #4-0 and you have done your job once again.You are the last man standing.Dixon was younger than you,but you are still there. Fight Charlie! Do your part to bring home #7!

Bro, I get where you're coming from. I've argued with people on message boards for a long time that Batch is a good quarterback. But you can't deny his history with injuries. It is what it is. Like I said, let's enjoy Sunday and hope Batch lights it up. :drink:

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 01:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9r6Mxj0yNU

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 01:44 AM
He's playin for the team,not himself.

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Bro, I get where you're coming from. I've argued with people on message boards for a long time that Batch is a good quarterback. But you can't deny his history with injuries. It is what it is. Like I said, let's enjoy Sunday and hope Batch lights it up. :drink:

Ain't no hopes about it,he will!!!He will make the Ravens look dumb.Everything he has learned will come into play,and is fair game. Show people what an old man knows. Shockwave!!!!!

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 02:53 AM
If i am wrong,i just will have to eat my crow,only problem i can forsee,is i don't think i'm wrong. Homeboy Batch!!!!!!

GoSlash27
10-02-2010, 05:56 AM
I like the "Illumination" of those bright, shinny trophies... Looks like a "Double 3 Pack"... what does it mean ??? .... OMG... I don't know what it means !?!?!?

Whooooa! Double six pack all the way!

GoSlash27
10-02-2010, 06:06 AM
cold-hard,
You're at a 12 right now and we need you to be about an 8.

HometownGal
10-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Batch never had the talent he has around him now.

Barry Sanders in his backfield. Herman Moore and Johnnie Morton as his wideouts. Are you kidding me? :doh: Rule of thumb - DO THY HOMEWORK!

You're starting to creep me out, chs, with your Batch lovin. :horror: I mean it's one thing to appreciate, as I do, that he played well enough to win last Sunday (though he caught a lucky break when the one TD to Wallace should have been a pick but bouned off the defender's hands into Wallace's) but egads - he really isn't the second coming of Bradshaw!!!

ALLD
10-02-2010, 08:02 AM
The talk at the end of the game by the media will be how deep our team is in just about every position. It's a great story and even some of the haters will respect us for a moment at least.

I cannot predict the final score and even those most outside of the Burg are picking the Rats, I expect an all out brawl where the Rats will be beaten into submission. You will see them literally give up and just try to get out of Heinz as fast as they can.

Wallace108
10-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Barry Sanders in his backfield. Herman Moore and Johnnie Morton as his wideouts. Are you kidding me? :doh: Rule of thumb - DO THY HOMEWORK!

You're starting to creep me out, chs, with your Batch lovin. :horror: I mean it's one thing to appreciate, as I do, that he played well enough to win last Sunday (though he caught a lucky break when the one TD to Wallace should have been a pick but bouned off the defender's hands into Wallace's) but egads - he really isn't the second coming of Bradshaw!!!

CRIPES!!! He had me so worked up I completely forgot Batch played with Barry Sanders. :doh2:

BuddhaBus
10-02-2010, 08:34 AM
I LOVE THIS THREAD! :whoo:

GoSlash27
10-02-2010, 09:45 AM
ALLD,

I cannot predict the final score and even those most outside of the Burg are picking the Rats, I expect an all out brawl where the Rats will be beaten into submission. You will see them literally give up and just try to get out of Heinz as fast as they can.

Actually, the Vegas line has been Pittsburgh by 1 or 2 all week.

steeldawg
10-02-2010, 10:12 AM
ok smart pea,Batch does care because this is the exit of his career.He has this one last chance to make his dreams come true. Did you ever dream of starting for the Pittsburgh Steelers? Well if you did guess what? You failed miserably. He did,and he is doing it now!He may be done after this season,but he has his chance to fullfill his dream.If you want to take that away from him after the fantastic job he has done for us,you gotta be a dick! You go Wallace up and down all you want,but don't mess with me cause you may not like the thread i started.There is only one guy right now that will get the ball to Wallace.......thats right....BATCH. Get over the hate and let the man play.

Whoa settle down sir!! Look batch played decent last week against the bucs, not exactly a powerhouse. If you watch the td's he threw they could of easily been picked off but the ball fell nicely for us. Im happy we won but c'mon it wasnt because batch was so incedible. And as far as batch playing with talent, you seem to forget that when batch was starting for DET he was the weak link on that offense. Charlie did and still does have talent but the reason hes been a backup for so long is because he is not consistent. So before we elect him as president, lets step back take a breath, and realize this is charlie batch we are talking about.

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 12:40 PM
I still contend that Batch has a better cast of players around him than he had in Detroit.Sanders was the shit man,but he was on the decline.HTG,so was Moore and the others you mentioned.This is his chance to shut some mouths up ,and i believe he is up to the task. The Ravens will not know what hit them.It'll be like...how did that old man do that? He's old. He can't do that.I expect the Ravens to go after him hard. Then when he makes them pay,they will start to back off.He will not be holding on to the ball all day long. It will be there or it won't be,and the ball will be thrown.Thats how high my confidence level is when it comes to an old washed up player that everyone wanted to just run out of town,and already had him cut.He has all the tools to take us to 4-0,and talk to me after tomorrows game.You all will see what i've been talking about.If he loses the game i would be highly surprised.He is going out on a high note brothers,and sisters,i just wanted to be the one who says it.The man worked hard to get where he is and now has the chance to lead his hometown team where it wants to go.That alone is motivation at its highest level.Sure i show Charlie some love.He did not just get it freely though,he earned it,every single bit of the respect i show him he has earned. 27-17 Steelers!!!!!

Wallace108
10-02-2010, 12:55 PM
No worries, CHS.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4wie2esup1qaoju6.gif

43Hitman
10-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I still contend that Batch has a better cast of players around him than he had in Detroit.Sanders was the shit man,but he was on the decline.HTG,so was Moore and the others you mentioned.This is his chance to shut some mouths up ,and i believe he is up to the task. The Ravens will not know what hit them.It'll be like...how did that old man do that? He's old. He can't do that.I expect the Ravens to go after him hard. Then when he makes them pay,they will start to back off.He will not be holding on to the ball all day long. It will be there or it won't be,and the ball will be thrown.Thats how high my confidence level is when it comes to an old washed up player that everyone wanted to just run out of town,and already had him cut.He has all the tools to take us to 4-0,and talk to me after tomorrows game.You all will see what i've been talking about.If he loses the game i would be highly surprised.He is going out on a high note brothers,and sisters,i just wanted to be the one who says it.The man worked hard to get where he is and now has the chance to lead his hometown team where it wants to go.That alone is motivation at its highest level.Sure i show Charlie some love.He did not just get it freely though,he earned it,every single bit of the respect i show him he has earned. 27-17 Steelers!!!!!

Spaces after periods would be awesome. And don't get so worked up dude, it's only a game. ALSO you can't tell me that every head coach in the league was completely blind and missed the fact that CB is a HoF'er and you're the only that noticed it. Just keep it in context dude, he's done well as a back-up nothing more nothing less, the fact of the matter is CB has NEVER been healthy enough to be considered a true starter.

CPanther95
10-02-2010, 01:57 PM

He's not talking about time zones. I think he's saying that with you being a Ravens fan from the midwest, it'll take an hour for you to figure out you lost after seeing the final score.

GoSlash27
10-02-2010, 03:14 PM

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear. And when I do, it's usually something unusual.

JayC
10-02-2010, 03:22 PM
one pretty good game (dont forget he did have a couple picks) doesnt make me that confident in his abilities to do it again. i do trust him more than dixon and hes just as good as leftwich but i just can't say im confident he will have another good game.

im obviously hoping he does help us get another W but it will be tough the ravens arent the bucs

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 07:29 PM
i'm just replying to Charlie being shipped out thats all. everybody and his mother too,wanted to ship old Charlie out. tell me i am wrong?Well the news is happening now.and guess who is at the helm?The teacher will lead the class!

43Hitman
10-02-2010, 07:37 PM
i'm just replying to Charlie being shipped out thats all. everybody and his mother too,wanted to ship old Charlie out. tell me i am wrong?Well the news is happening now.and guess who is at the helm?The substitute-teacher will lead the class!

Fixed that for ya! :thumbsup:

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Spaces after periods would be awesome. And don't get so worked up dude, it's only a game. ALSO you can't tell me that every head coach in the league was completely blind and missed the fact that CB is a HoF'er and you're the only that noticed it. Just keep it in context dude, he's done well as a back-up nothing more nothing less, the fact of the matter is CB has NEVER been healthy enough to be considered a true starter.
So you are attacking my grammer ,and punctuation now. Go for it. Batch will make you proud,so get off my back.

HometownGal
10-02-2010, 07:46 PM

It's not the fact that he's "old" (though to me, he is just a kid. :heh:) - he's simply not a reliable QB imho. He wasn't in Detroit and he NEVER HAS BEEN here other than a couple of games here and there when we've pretty much played the dredges of the league. Look chs - I love Charlie as a person and he's a helluva teammate and mentor to the other QB's, but he's not HOF material nor is he God-like as you seem to make him out to be. He'd best be suited, imho, as a coach where he can utilize his excellent football smarts to the highest level.

Read my font. Last week, Charlie Batch and the Steelers decimated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. THE TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS. This week, the Steelers face a very good divisional rival with a defense very similar to ours in skill, speed and most of all - intensity. I hate to say it, and I pray to God I am wrong, but I think Charlie is going to be happy feeting it for his life tomorrow afternoon. Pouncey can't hold 'em all back and the Rats' D's bullseye is going to be . . . guess where?

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 07:54 PM
It's not the fact that he's "old" (though to me, he is just a kid. :heh:) - he's simply not a reliable QB imho. He wasn't in Detroit and he NEVER HAS BEEN here other than a couple of games here and there when we've pretty much played the dredges of the league. Look chs - I love Charlie as a person and he's a helluva teammate and mentor to the other QB's, but he's not HOF material nor is he God-like as you seem to make him out to be. He'd best be suited, imho, as a coach where he can utilize his excellent football smarts to the highest level.

Read my font. Last week, Charlie Batch and the Steelers decimated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. THE TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS. This week, the Steelers face a very good divisional rival with a defense very similar to ours in skill, speed and most of all - intensity. I hate to say it, and I pray to God I am wrong, but I think Charlie is going to be happy feeting it for his life tomorrow afternoon. Pouncey can't hold 'em all back and the Rats' D's bullseye is going to be . . . guess where?

He must prove to the students he teaches to that his way is correct.

X-Terminator
10-02-2010, 08:15 PM
He must prove to the students he teaches to that his way is correct.

Well, he only has one day left to "prove" anything. Because come Monday morning, the real teacher will be back to lead the "class," and Batch will be back to passing around the "handouts".

Dude, Batch isn't that good. Never has been, never will be. The guy is and has been a backup for a reason. He tried 2 years ago to find a starting job, nobody bit, and he ended up back with the Steelers. Now why do you suppose that is? Think real hard now, and remember - this is not a multiple-choice question.

cold-hard-steel
10-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Well i guess i have to go back and reread the part where i said Charlie was a hall of famer,and then check the parts of my post that said he is a pro-bowl QB.I just could not find it no matter how hard i tried.I just don't know what to do now.

HometownGal
10-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Well i guess i have to go back and reread the part where i said Charlie was a hall of famer,and then check the parts of my post that said he is a pro-bowl QB.I just could not find it no matter how hard i tried.I just don't know what to do now.

Whelp, my sweet - maybe you could remove your lips from Charlie's . . . .

forehead. :heh:

(Thought I was gonna say something else, didn't ya?) :lol:

I think I'm just befuddled as I've never in all the years I've watched and studied Pro Football seen a fan slobber all over a career backup QB the way you have Batch. Hey - if that's your thing - have at it! :drink:

43Hitman
10-02-2010, 10:14 PM

Literally no, you never said that, but damn man you really know how to take it the next level when it comes to a slobbering infatuation with an old never-has-been career back-up. He's made a few plays and helped in a big way last week, but by no means is he the sole reason we won as you would have everyone believe. I appreciate the knowledge he brings to the game and the fact that he's been a buffer for Ben when things weren't so good in the locker room. The gig is up for him though after this week so brace yourself and stay away from bridges, we wouldn't want anything to happen to you in your moment of despair.

SteelFever
10-02-2010, 11:02 PM
We will win because Batch has heart! Miles and miles of Heart!

I can hear him in the huddle now:

"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever."

cold-hard-steel
10-03-2010, 03:10 PM
welp,i'm here to eat my crow. Fling away.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I welcome Batch to be a backup for us and a coach some day..

HometownGal
10-03-2010, 04:13 PM
welp,i'm here to eat my crow. Fling away.

No crow to eat. Batch had a decent game though I wish he'd wear cement shoes on that field - that happy footin' drives me insane!!!! :doh: He kept his cool though he knew he had Ray Ray's bullseye on his back and though he had some bad overthrows, he made some nice passes, as well.

You can now go back to hugging Charlie and humming Kumbaya. :heh: ;)

steelerdude15
10-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Well... thank you Batch for everything you've done for us and thank you as well to Dennis. You came when you were called upon and you served us well.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, kind of reminds me of what I said last week about Tommy Maddox being the toast of the town one week and goat the next. There is a reason Batch hadnt started for 3 years and also a reason the Lions released him. I'll be happy when he is holding the clipboard again.

Wallace108
10-03-2010, 05:07 PM
I agree with HTG ... no crow to eat here. Obviously, we were all hoping for Batch to do well and for the Steelers to win. CHS, just don't take things so personally ... everyone isn't always going to agree with you. It's not always about being right ... it's about enjoying the debate. :drink:

The Duke
10-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Back to coach it is for batch

gutsy performance for him though, I'll give him that

43Hitman
10-03-2010, 05:59 PM
I agree with HTG ... no crow to eat here. Obviously, we were all hoping for Batch to do well and for the Steelers to win. CHS, just don't take things so personally ... everyone isn't always going to agree with you. It's not always about being right ... it's about enjoying the debate. :drink:

Very well said. No crow to eat CHS. I hope you're as enthusiastic about Ben when he starts playing, cause there could be some rocky games.