PDA

View Full Version : A Better Ben??

Craic
10-01-2010, 06:53 PM
From another thread concerning Ben that had a blog/article attached, here is something I picked up on.

One thing Roethlisberger is happy about, Whitfield said, is to work on some of the mechanical things a quarterback never has time to do during a normal season. "He likes the fact that this is like a one-month mechanics camp,'' Whitfield said. "He's a very self-aware quarterback. He'll say, 'I pat the ball, I overstride, sometimes I'm sloppy in my drop -- let's work on those things,' "Whitfield said. "I think he's been very happy to be able to take some time to work on things he believes will make him a better player."

Ok. Ben's long ball is quite bad compared to the rest of his game. Many have said it is his mechanics. Just IMAGINE if the long bomb becomes another major weapon in his arsenal! Beyond that, the ball will probably come out faster on quick drops, the throw will be even stronger to the PROPER shoulder of the receiver-hitting them in stride.

As I have said before, I don't think Ben has reached his potential. NOW, this episode just may be what is needed.

beSteelmyheart
10-01-2010, 07:19 PM
God works in mysterious ways! I hope that Ben's extra work during the suspension turns him into a scoring machine! He certainly has some fine recieving weapons in his arsenal!

Devilsdancefloor
10-01-2010, 07:23 PM
with the Oline performing better as well he will not have to run for his life as much lets hope his mini mechanics camp does wonders for him, but he will still need some time to get used to his weapons again, but i think he will be ready for the stains game. It would be nice to see someone anyone hit the news man in stride!

SteelerEmpire
10-01-2010, 10:15 PM
God works in mysterious ways! I hope that Ben's extra work during the suspension turns him into a scoring machine! He certainly has some fine recieving weapons in his arsenal!

I've been in some pretty screwed up situations... thought I was done for as far as accomplishing what I was aiming for. Then, BAM ! What I thought was something that caused me problems turned out to be a "Detour" to something 'much' better... thank God..!

JonM229
10-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Preachy!

More football!!!

steelpride12
10-01-2010, 11:34 PM
You know it's scary to see the potential Ben will have if this OL turns out to be and stay much improved and he can sit in the pocket and analyze the field. I already think he will have an excellent season going out there with a chip on his shoulder with something to prove. All I can say is Im excited!

steelreserve
10-02-2010, 03:57 AM
I don't know. Most of Ben's long balls seem to be either when he scrambles and there's a guy wide open 40 yards down the field, or ill-advised bombs into good coverage. I'm not sure how much mechanics alone will help with that; seems more like a decision-making issue.

Not that I have a problem with his play or his decision-making in the first place, mind you. He's won two Super Bowls and been one of the best QBs in the league doing exactly what he's been doing so far. All he needs is to keep it up and we're well on track for another one.

solardave
10-02-2010, 04:03 AM
This could be the year Ben gets the credit he deserves as one of the elite, but for some reason I think it'll be more like "oh yeah, by the way that Ben guy in Pittsburgh is having a good year". Now back to talking about Homo, Marcia,Brent and Breeze. Actually Brees is elite IMHO but Favre is on his way out and the other two,well They're just average. Pressure either one and they choke.