PDA

View Full Version : Steelers: These defenses stand and deliver

Galax Steeler
10-01-2010, 03:45 AM
PITTSBURGH - It will be standing room only along the sideline at Heinz Field Sunday, when the Steelers host the Baltimore Ravens.

When the Steelers (3-0) play the Ravens (2-1), the players don't take a seat as they do in most games after coming off the field. Both teams want to see what they're up against, and neither group wants to miss any of the action.

Read more:http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/localsports/09-31-2010-Steelers-Ravens-defenses

stlrtruck
10-01-2010, 06:19 AM
We play just like them," said Clark

Correction Mr. Clark, THEY PLAY LIKE US!

SteelerSal
10-01-2010, 06:22 AM

I love it!!!!!!!!! :tt03:

HometownGal
10-01-2010, 07:05 AM
I love Steelers/Rats games! :rockon: Brutal, intense, physical defenses who show no mercy! Both teams will be bringing their A game into Sunday's game and I just :pray: that our OL can keep Ray the Knife and their other defenders off Charlie and Troy, Harrison, Wood and Farrior make Flacid's day a living hell! :tt02:

Me likey this little tidbit. :thumbsup:

The Steelers' Daniel Sepulveda ranks second in the AFC in punting average at 47.4 yards.

SteelerSal
10-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Yeah as for D-sep, he is finally punting the way we thought he was when he was drafted.

stlrtruck
10-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Yeah as for D-sep, he is finally punting the way we thought he was when he was drafted.

Now I want to see him run down the field and decapitate the punt returner like I saw in his college video! That would be perfect.

The Duke
10-01-2010, 02:58 PM
The defenses of the Steelers and Ravens never take the field against each other

but man would I love to see that :thumbsup:

Devilsdancefloor
10-01-2010, 03:05 PM
cant wait for this game it is gonna be a great game as they always are.

O'Malley
10-01-2010, 03:33 PM

Well put!!!!

SMR
10-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Now I want to see him run down the field and decapitate the punt returner like I saw in his college video! That would be perfect.

:yup:

Craic
10-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Dang. I hate to say it, but Stab-it Ray has nailed it.

That brand of physical football both employ on defense is different from that of most NFL teams. With the way the NFL has continued to tweak its rules in recent years to protect offensive players from dangerous hits, that might dramatically change.

"We're almost illegal now the way we play," said Lewis of the Steelers and Ravens. "That goes to the respect the way both defenses carry their jobs and how important we make it. If you watch the way they play and the way we play, they don't worry about and we don't worry about all the extra stuff. It comes, but the bottom line is we are going to make you play a physical football game, and they'll pretty much do the same thing."