PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Colbert, the Steelers MVP in 2019?

Six Rings
12-11-2019, 09:48 PM
Kevin Colbert, the Steelers MVP in 2019?

Here's one vote for yes.

Colbert pulled the trigger on the Fitzpatrick trade.

He signed Nelson in free agency, who is turning out to be the best #2 starting cornerback the Steelers have had in years.

His 2019 draft includes several players contributing as rookies, most notably Bush, Johnson, and Snell.

And his work on the wavier wire plucking a tall speed receiver who can actually catch the football in Cain, and bringing in a speedy change of pace running back in Whyte who should be seeing an increased roll has been excellent. Signing rookie free agent Hodges for $1,000.00 bonus? Deal of the decade!

While Kevin has made his had of mistakes in the draft, but he has also drafted something like 17 people who made the pro blow at least once, not to mention a few people who will end up in the Pro football hall of fame.

Colbert is the real reason the Steelers have not been below .500 in decades if you ask me. Art Rooney II better open up his wallet and pay this man.

st33lersguy
12-11-2019, 10:10 PM
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/31353-Kevin-Colbert-isn-t-getting-enough-credit-for-this-year

I discussed this in another post. It isn't pretty thinking about where this team is without Bush and Minkah. The fact that the Steelers managed to trade up from 20 to 10 without surrendering a 1st alone is spectacular and that the first was used for Minkah. They don't award GMs team MVP but his sharp moves have landed key pieces sparking a defensive turnaround

Six Rings
12-12-2019, 06:22 PM
MVP = Most Valuable Person. The Pro Football Hall of fame has as many kickers and punters as GM's. This needs to change A great GM has equal value to a great Coach. Colbert is on a roll. Even with Dupree, who most felt was a disappointment. Wow, he got that one right. Okay the DB picks sucked, but Haden and Fitz make up for it and then some. It's not his style to boast, or brag. So for the Colbert naysayers, allow those who appreciate him to speak for the man. How do you like me now B^#@h !

Art Rooney II needs to re-sign him. Just like letting Munchak get away which cost the OL this year, losing Colbert will take our draft and free agency choices down a letter grade.

Fire Goodell
12-13-2019, 11:50 AM
​Kevin Colbert,

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/283/536/96a054c518571eb2a87e1f6c9bd480c4_crop_north.jpg?14 24294504&w=630&h=420

Hawkman
12-13-2019, 01:12 PM
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/31353-Kevin-Colbert-isn-t-getting-enough-credit-for-this-year

I discussed this in another post. It isn't pretty thinking about where this team is without Bush and Minkah. The fact that the Steelers managed to trade up from 20 to 10 without surrendering a 1st alone is spectacular and that the first was used for Minkah. They don't award GMs team MVP but his sharp moves have landed key pieces sparking a defensive turnaround

Would you rather have a medal or a monument?