PDA

View Full Version : whyte

Buckinnuts
12-08-2019, 04:51 PM
run him more sit samuels,,11.5 average ..samuels getting 1 yard if lucky...

BlackAndGold
12-08-2019, 06:56 PM
He seems to be a good find. He has wheels.

Craic
12-08-2019, 07:21 PM
run him more sit samuels,,11.5 average ..samuels getting 1 yard if lucky...
???

Samuels was also making the hard runs, pounding up through the middle. Him and Snell both. They're the workhorses and Whyte may be a thoroughbred. You put the right horse in for the right job.

86WARD
12-08-2019, 07:49 PM
They need to stop trying to run Snell outside...

Craic
12-08-2019, 08:00 PM

I agree with you there. Give him the option to bounce outside if he wants to so that way it's not a automatic he's-going-between-the-tackles! play. However, he doesn't have the speed for sweeps and outside runs.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-08-2019, 08:09 PM
I agree with you there. Give him the option to bounce outside if he wants to so that way it's not a automatic he's-going-between-the-tackles! play. However, he doesn't have the speed for sweeps and outside runs. Snell is the run up the middle and move the chains RB and nothing wrong with that. As for Whyte I like him and if they can get him involved in pass catching he might really be something.

Craic
12-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Snell is the run up the middle and move the chains RB and nothing wrong with that. As for Whyte I like him and if they can get him involved in pass catching he might really be something.

We've seldom seen a two-halfback backfield, but with these two, I wouldn't mind it.

12-08-2019, 08:23 PM
We've seldom seen a two-halfback backfield, but with these two, I wouldn't mind it. Yep we haven't but agree would mind giving it a shot.

GBMelBlount
12-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Yep we haven't but agree would mind giving it a shot.

Nothing wrong with an inside and outside running back (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoNIK0gZ1dY)!

12-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Nothing wrong with an inside and outside running back (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoNIK0gZ1dY)! I'm not clicking on that link.

GBMelBlount
12-08-2019, 08:46 PM
I'm not clicking on that link.

I would imagine Army football doesn't care whether you do or not.

12-08-2019, 08:48 PM
I would imagine Army football doesn't care whether you do or not. Good for them and go Navy!

Craic
12-08-2019, 08:50 PM
I'm not clicking on that link.

Do it. It's a great youtube video about two college players for West Point during the WWII era.

12-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Do it. It's a great youtube video about two college players for West Point during the WWII era. Cool and was joking about go Navy.

GBMelBlount
12-08-2019, 08:56 PM
Good for them and go Navy!

LOL! My father was a Captain in the Army and fought in Europe in WWII. Gotta go Army!

12-08-2019, 09:02 PM
LOL! My father was a Captain in the Army and fought in Europe in WWII. Gotta go Army! Thank you and your dad for the service. Thanks for the vid and Doc & Glenn were a beast together.

Fire Goodell
12-09-2019, 03:28 AM
The whyte boy can run

teegre
12-09-2019, 06:31 AM
I like his running style. He’s elusive, always cutting... but, it’s always forward (he doesn’t lose ground/go sideways). He sees a hole, angles himself towards it, and just goes!!!

tube517
12-09-2019, 07:15 AM
I like his running style. He’s elusive, always cutting... but, it’s always forward (he doesn’t lose ground/go sideways). He sees a hole, angles himself towards it, and just goes!!!

You can use the words that live in SU/SF infamy. Go ahead. :lol:

S________ and G_____ !!!

teegre
12-09-2019, 07:19 AM
You can use the words that live in SU/SF infamy. Go ahead. :lol:

S________ and G_____ !!!

succotash and grits

DesertSteel
12-09-2019, 10:14 AM
I like him but I'm going to wait until he reaches the ever elusive 100 career rushing yards before I anoint him.

tube517
12-09-2019, 10:15 AM
Maybe he can be the next Erric Pegram?

86WARD
12-09-2019, 10:20 AM
PeeWee Pegram!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2019, 10:32 AM
???

Samuels was also making the hard runs, pounding up through the middle. Him and Snell both. They're the workhorses and Whyte may be a thoroughbred. You put the right horse in for the right job.

Exactly. Samuels and Snell are gonna make the tough runs and still gain yards after contact. White is quicker and hits the hole quick, but at times goes down faster than Dri Archer when contacted.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the plays are designed to be off tackle or B gap, but they seem clogged up and Snell bounces it outside....which he needs to stop doing and just plow into the line for a zero to 1 yard gain instead of a 4 yard loss by running East-West. IMO.

Blast Furnace
12-09-2019, 10:59 AM
My question is: who sits once Connor returns? Most would say Samuels, but I'm not sure that's how Tomlin sees it. (Actually, I doubt he see it at all!)

Devilsdancefloor
12-09-2019, 11:06 AM
Good for them and go Navy!

Oh hell NO! You might have said you where joking , but this old grey soldier has a long memory GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY! 😉

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2019, 11:10 AM
My question is: who sits once Connor returns? Most would say Samuels, but I'm not sure that's how Tomlin sees it. (Actually, I doubt he see it at all!)

Whyte or Edmunds.

RunNGun
12-09-2019, 11:20 AM
Whyte or Edmunds.

Edmunds for sure. Then Imo, Snell will lose carries, but I still see a committee type backfield...at least I hope that's what they do.

Blast Furnace
12-09-2019, 11:25 AM
I would role with Conner, Samuels and Whyte (you could sub out Snell for Samuels if you want), but I think it's important to keep a speed guy in there for that possible take it to the house type run! Besides, a speed guy is great to have in your stable in the 4th quarter when the D is a little gassed.

DesertSteel
12-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Exactly. Samuels and Snell are gonna make the tough runs and still gain yards after contact. White is quicker and hits the hole quick, but at times goes down faster than Dri Archer when contacted.

I think Archer went down without being contacted.

86WARD
12-09-2019, 11:31 AM
Conner, Samuels, Snell and Whyte all can have a helmet. Whyte is taking Switzers spot...

Mojouw
12-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Edmunds is the most logical guy to sit. His skil-set is replicated by multiple other, better RBs AND his pass protection is poor.

Fire Goodell
12-11-2019, 01:10 PM
I've been watching some more of this guy's highlights, and one thing that stands out to me is that despite being only around 200 lbs, this guy has really good contact balance and doesn't go down easily. He put 23 reps on the bench, so I guess his power shouldn't really be surprising. I want to see him get more touches, and get more involved in the passing game. A guy with sub-4.4 speed in the open field can result in some big plays.

With his combination of speed and power he could be the next Willie Parker. He's not gonna run people over, but from what I've seen so far, this guy runs through arm tackles without much problems, and DBs seem to have trouble getting him down.

12-11-2019, 01:31 PM
I've been watching some more of this guy's highlights, and one thing that stands out to me is that despite being only around 200 lbs, this guy has really good contact balance and doesn't go down easily. He put 23 reps on the bench, so I guess his power shouldn't really be surprising. I want to see him get more touches, and get more involved in the passing game. A guy with sub-4.4 speed in the open field can result in some big plays.

With his combination of speed and power he could be the next Willie Parker. He's not gonna run people over, but from what I've seen so far, this guy runs through arm tackles without much problems, and DBs seem to have trouble getting him down. I like him but he does not have Willie Parker speed and Willie had 3.2 speed. That said he has the speed to take it to the house which no other RB on the roster has. Hope he keeps getting more snaps each week.

12-11-2019, 01:41 PM
I been saying for weeks we need to go RB early next draft. Now I'm not so sure with the addition of Whyte we may need too. Would like to seem him involved in the pass catching game though a bit.

DesertSteel
12-11-2019, 03:25 PM
I like him but he does not have Willie Parker speed and Willie had 3.2 speed. That said he has the speed to take it to the house which no other RB on the roster has. Hope he keeps getting more snaps each week.
Just looked up his pro day numbers. 4.37 40 time and 42" vertical. Nice...

12-11-2019, 03:38 PM
Just looked up his pro day numbers. 4.37 40 time and 42" vertical. Nice... Sweet specially the 4.37.

Fire Goodell
12-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Sweet specially the 4.37.

And the 21 bench press reps. at 205 that's beastly. If he had a combine invite he probably would have killed it and been drafted in rd 3, he's definitely got elite athleticism

12-11-2019, 04:10 PM
And the 21 bench press reps. at 205 that's beastly. If he had a combine invite he probably would have killed it and been drafted in rd 3, he's definitely got elite athleticism I don't bench anymore and dumbbell press but would be lucky to get 205 for 3 reps. Of course I'm old though. That is pretty good for a rb.

Six Rings
12-12-2019, 06:07 PM

Amen. But the defense we play correctly things Snell is an in between the tackles runner. He's just not quickness's or fast enough to beat a linebacker to the corner. Whyte on the other hand can do that.

Perhaps our best prue running back and the man best suited to hit chain moving big plays is Whyte. I hope he gets the ball 10 times a game.

If we are up two score late, sure let Snell pound it.

12-12-2019, 06:23 PM
Amen. But the defense we play correctly things Snell is an in between the tackles runner. He's just not quickness's or fast enough to beat a linebacker to the corner. Whyte on the other hand can do that.

Perhaps our best prue running back and the man best suited to hit chain moving big plays is Whyte. I hope he gets the ball 10 times a game.

If we are up two score late, sure let Snell pound it. Snell's best attribute is that he is a very good closer.

Fire Goodell
12-13-2019, 10:45 AM
I don't bench anymore and dumbbell press but would be lucky to get 205 for 3 reps. Of course I'm old though. That is pretty good for a rb.

I just got back in the gym recently, always weighed around 165 and at my best could do 12 reps at 225. But that was when i was a lot younger lol

jens.karlsson.14
12-13-2019, 12:38 PM
Whyte is the best RB on this roster.. Give him to end of year and everybody will know it.
Whyte
Snell
Connor
Sam

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

HollywoodSteel
12-13-2019, 12:53 PM
Edmunds is the most logical guy to sit. His skil-set is replicated by multiple other, better RBs AND his pass protection is poor.

Yes, but haven’t they been using him as a full back on occasion? And it would suck if he didn’t get a hat for the Edmunds Bowl. :)

Fire Goodell
12-13-2019, 12:54 PM
Whyte is the best RB on this roster.. Give him to end of year and everybody will know it.
Whyte
Snell
Connor
Sam

Not sure about that, he's probably the biggest potential for a big play threat, but I wouldn't want to count on him to protect the QB like Conner or Snell yet. Conner is our best RB when healthy (I know, but when is that?)

With that said, I think Whyte is really good and should get more touches. If he can catch, I want to see some dump offs to him and see if defenses can tackle him in the open field

12-14-2019, 04:07 PM
Not sure about that, he's probably the biggest potential for a big play threat, but I wouldn't want to count on him to protect the QB like Conner or Snell yet. Conner is our best RB when healthy (I know, but when is that?)

With that said, I think Whyte is really good and should get more touches. If he can catch, I want to see some dump offs to him and see if defenses can tackle him in the open field I want to see him use in the passing game as well.

jens.karlsson.14
12-14-2019, 05:11 PM
C'mon he can catch, what i said he's the best RB. R U N N I NG back

12-14-2019, 06:13 PM
C'mon he can catch, what i said he's the best RB. R U N N I NG back

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk Nobody is saying he can't, we just want to seem him use in the passing game. Could be a good weapon at that and hope Fichtner gets him involved.

Mojouw
12-14-2019, 06:27 PM
I had wondered about Whyte and where he came from and had never bothered to read about him. Pre-draft visitor, so we can see the Steelers returning to a pattern of obtaining players to fill in-season needs that they have already scouted -- https://steelersdepot.com/2019/04/2019-nfl-draft-player-profiles-florida-atlantic-rb-kerrith-whyte-jr/

And other write-ups about him were mostly positive and interestingly enough, was stuck behind Devin Singletary in college. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kerrith-whyte?id=32195748-5941-5291-6a5c-a47313a7d28d -- so maybe he gets extra motivated tomorrow?

But from these two write-ups I think there are two reasons we do not and may not see Whyte in the passing game: pass protection - he stinks at it and route running - he doesn't know any.

12-14-2019, 07:16 PM
I had wondered about Whyte and where he came from and had never bothered to read about him. Pre-draft visitor, so we can see the Steelers returning to a pattern of obtaining players to fill in-season needs that they have already scouted -- https://steelersdepot.com/2019/04/2019-nfl-draft-player-profiles-florida-atlantic-rb-kerrith-whyte-jr/

And other write-ups about him were mostly positive and interestingly enough, was stuck behind Devin Singletary in college. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kerrith-whyte?id=32195748-5941-5291-6a5c-a47313a7d28d -- so maybe he gets extra motivated tomorrow?

But from these two write-ups I think there are two reasons we do not and may not see Whyte in the passing game: pass protection - he stinks at it and route running - he doesn't know any. Thanks for the articles and will read them tomorrow! So basically you are saying he is a one trick pony? Makes sense then he is not involved in the passing game then.

Mojouw
12-14-2019, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the articles and will read them tomorrow! So basically you are saying he is a one trick pony? Makes sense then he is not involved in the passing game then.

Close. What the observers seem to think is that he is raw at anything but running fast. Needs time, coaching, and scheme to get him up to par in the passing game. Steelers specifically have demonstrated a high percentage chance of bolting RBs to the bench that do not perform well in pass protection. They also have a good track record of making their RBs really really good in pass protection. Conner and Bell were/are both excellent and they have made great strides with Samuels and to a (much) lesser extent Edmunds.

Whyte looks like a guy with a contrasting skill set to every other RB on the roster. And if the biggest reason you didn't play a lot in college was because you are not better than Singletary, no shame in that. I think it was a great job of the Steelers identifying a guy pre-draft and then keeping tabs on him over the course of the season.

DesertSteel
12-14-2019, 08:57 PM
Whyte
Snell
Connor
Sam

And you know this from his 90 career yards??

steelreserve
12-15-2019, 01:09 AM
With his combination of speed and power he could be the next Willie Parker. He's not gonna run people over, but from what I've seen so far, this guy runs through arm tackles without much problems, and DBs seem to have trouble getting him down.

So which one is it - is he going to be the next Willie Parker, or is he going to run through arm tackles and be hard for DBs to bring down?

jens.karlsson.14
12-15-2019, 02:52 AM
And you know this from his 90 career yards??No, i don't know anything, but i like him over the others. Downhill, fast, yards per carry. Connor is good but injury prone, Samuels, naah, Snell is good and I would have him and Whyte getting most of the playing time

teegre
12-15-2019, 06:46 AM
And it would suck if he didn’t get a hat for the Edmunds Bowl. :)

The “smart” thing to do would be to sit Trey. (He’s not one of the best 53.)

The “coach” thing to do would be to give Trey a helmet, and let him have his 15 minutes on the national stage as the announcers talk about the THREE Edmunds brothers playing in the same game.

SUMMATION:
People will trash Tomlin for this “unsmart” move, bit it’s the kind of move that gets his players to run through walls for him.

12-15-2019, 01:07 PM
The “smart” thing to do would be to sit Trey. (He’s not one of the best 53.)

The “coach” thing to do would be to give Trey a helmet, and let him have his 15 minutes on the national stage as the announcers talk about the THREE Edmunds brothers playing in the same game.

SUMMATION:
People will trash Tomlin for this “unsmart” move, bit it’s the kind of move that gets his players to run through walls for him.Give him 1 series and 1 carry tonight and then bench him the rest of the season.

DesertSteel
12-15-2019, 01:37 PM
Or do what coach Noll would’ve done and cut him right before the game.