PDA

View Full Version : its not over! "Attack of the Quack!"

Iron Steeler
11-27-2019, 08:09 PM
1. our defense is elite. i finally feel confident saying this.
2. If we can win a string of games with the practice squad, it will build so much confidence in this team.

3. WE ARE THE 6TH SEED RIGHT NOW. we control our own Destiny to make the playoffs.

If you make the playoffs anything can happen. especially when the rest of the league isnt taking you seriously.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-27-2019, 08:35 PM
Hey they did it in 2005 when nobody gave them chance. Never know and Ravens look for real but think we match up well with them. One game at time.

Fire Goodell
11-27-2019, 09:14 PM
In 2005 Indy looked like this unstoppable juggernaut and the Steelers took them out. Honestly after that game I knew they were winning the super bowl

11-27-2019, 11:23 PM
In 2005 Indy looked like this unstoppable juggernaut and the Steelers took them out. Honestly after that game I knew they were winning the super bowl Me too and after that and knew it. Wanted them to beat up on the Pats but they choked to Denver.

Craic
12-01-2019, 04:44 PM
In all honesty, I feel as though this team is punching above its weight class, primarily because of injuries to the offense. So, IMO, we're on borrowed time. Or, perhaps a better way to put it, we're playing with house money at this point. So, while I have no real expectations that we'll make the playoffs let-alone go deep into them, I'm on the wagon and ready to go as far as they'll take me. After all, this team has made a habit of come-from-behind wins much as the 2008 team did. And, they're dependent on the defense much like the 2008 team. Truth be told, however, this defense is not quite as good, but this offense is a bit better than that offense (mainly due to the o-line and the fact we have several RBs who can contribute).

Mojouw
12-01-2019, 04:46 PM
In all honesty, I feel as though this team is punching above its weight class, primarily because of injuries to the offense. So, IMO, we're on borrowed time. Or, perhaps a better way to put it, we're playing with house money at this point. So, while I have no real expectations that we'll make the playoffs let-alone go deep into them, I'm on the wagon and ready to go as far as they'll take me. After all, this team has made a habit of come-from-behind wins much as the 2008 team did. And, they're dependent on the defense much like the 2008 team. Truth be told, however, this defense is not quite as good, but this offense is a bit better than that offense (mainly due to the o-line and the fact we have several RBs who can contribute).
Good points. I will be happy no matter how this turns out (at least I eventually will!) and will do my best to not get angry and blamey when this ride is over.

86WARD
12-01-2019, 04:48 PM
I don’t think “borrowed time is the word for it”.

Players Missing:

Ben Roethlisberger
Antonio Brown
James Conner
JuJu Smith Schuster
Maurice Pouncey
Throw LeVeon Bell in there as well for good measure.

That’s ridiculous that a team missing that talent is still 7-5 and controlling their own destiny for the playoffs...

12-01-2019, 04:49 PM
In all honesty, I feel as though this team is punching above its weight class, primarily because of injuries to the offense. So, IMO, we're on borrowed time. Or, perhaps a better way to put it, we're playing with house money at this point. So, while I have no real expectations that we'll make the playoffs let-alone go deep into them, I'm on the wagon and ready to go as far as they'll take me. After all, this team has made a habit of come-from-behind wins much as the 2008 team did. And, they're dependent on the defense much like the 2008 team. Truth be told, however, this defense is not quite as good, but this offense is a bit better than that offense (mainly due to the o-line and the fact we have several RBs who can contribute). I think they make the playoffs and even if they are one in done I'm cool with that. Anything else is just gravy but you never know.

Craic
12-01-2019, 05:21 PM
I think they make the playoffs and even if they are one in done I'm cool with that. Anything else is just gravy but you never know.

I sure hope so. I'm leery about them playing the Bills and Ravens. It feels as though they'll drop at least one of those games. However, you never know. I'd say it's possible they win both, but not probable. Still, with the way this season has gone concerning injuries and back ups having to play, the fact this team is fighting for a playoff birth in December feels like a victory in and of itself. And, they just keep on a'coming, so, anything's possible, really.

12-01-2019, 06:02 PM
I sure hope so. I'm leery about them playing the Bills and Ravens. It feels as though they'll drop at least one of those games. However, you never know. I'd say it's possible they win both, but not probable. Still, with the way this season has gone concerning injuries and back ups having to play, the fact this team is fighting for a playoff birth in December feels like a victory in and of itself. And, they just keep on a'coming, so, anything's possible, really. Agree still in the playoff hunt now is impressive and this team has fight. I think they lose one of the games you mentioned but end up 10-6 and playoff bound.

teegre
12-01-2019, 07:39 PM
The Steelers after 12 games...

2018: 7-4-1
2019: 7-5

No Ben.
No Tuitt.
No Nix.
Not much of Conner.
Not much of JuJu.
No Pouncey (for two games).
Heck... say what you want... no AB.

teegre
12-01-2019, 08:16 PM
The announcers just said that “In order to beat the Taperiots, you have to have big games from your B players”...

Well, the Steelers only have B players. :toofunny:

Rotorhead
12-01-2019, 08:40 PM
I think they can beat Buffalo, that will be a defensive game, 6-3 or something and the Steelers Def is better than the Bills Def.. I don’t expect them to beat Baltimore, they are just playing better (although a few more games like today for them and their QB will be injured). I have said multiple times in the last few weeks, if we can get back to an average offense, we can win most of the rest of our games.

Mojouw
12-01-2019, 08:56 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Playing around on this, I had the Steelers dropping both the Bills and Ravens game and still getting in as the 6. Texans just need to beat everyone they play and the Titans need to lose a game or two to the NFL South leaders.

Craic
12-01-2019, 09:03 PM

Playing around on this, I had the Steelers dropping both the Bills and Ravens game and still getting in as the 6. Texans just need to beat everyone they play and the Titans need to lose a game or two to the NFL South leaders.

Yep. Earlier, I was playing around with it and just had the team with the winning percentage win each match up. Steelers would lose 2 games and still make the playoffs (iirc).

Iron Steeler
12-01-2019, 09:39 PM
Hear me out on this...

I think we might want the Ravens to get the 1 seed at this point. If we get in the playoffs and we are the 6 seed, our path would go through Baltimore. I feel more confident beating Baltimore than patriots at their homes.

but expectation wise, just one game at a time!

Fire Goodell
12-01-2019, 09:50 PM

They can win both of those games! We play Baltimore tough and historically done well against the Bills at home

teegre
12-01-2019, 09:50 PM

Spot on :nod: It’s why I was rooting for the Chiefs today: someone has to win each division. So, keep the current leaders winning (knocking off the teams who are trailing right behind the Steelers).

Plus, the Chiefs play the Taperiots next week. That would give the Taperiots 3 losses. Add another loss to the Bills, and voila!!! ...the Bills win the AFC East*.

*Both the Bills and the Taperiots end up 12-4 (the Bills only lose to the Steelers) and the Bills win the tie-breaker.

Iron Steeler
12-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Spot on :nod: It’s why I was rooting for the Chiefs today: someone has to win each division. So, keep the current leaders winning (knocking off the teams who are trailing right behind the Steelers).

Plus, the Chiefs play the Taperiots next week. That would give the Taperiots 3 losses. Add another loss to the Bills, and voila!!! ...the Bills win the AFC East*.

*Both the Bills and the Taperiots end up 12-4 (the Bills only lose to the Steelers) and the Bills win the tie-breaker.

im usually with you on most, but the Cheifs will most likely lose to the pats.

Fire Goodell
12-02-2019, 10:17 AM
He might solve a mystery, or rewrite history

Six Rings
12-02-2019, 06:49 PM
1. our defense is elite. i finally feel confident saying this.
2. If we can win a string of games with the practice squad, it will build so much confidence in this team.

3. WE ARE THE 6TH SEED RIGHT NOW. we control our own Destiny to make the playoffs.

If you make the playoffs anything can happen. especially when the rest of the league isnt taking you seriously.

Freaken A

Some early numbers on Duck, he might be better than we think!

While Duck hasn't played enough for a full evaluation, we can say he's 3-0 in games played where he passed it 10 times or more. You could say he's had about 2 1/2 games of action as the Quarterback. But where does he stack up with the other starting Quarterbacks, statistically speaking?

Passer rating: 97.0 Only 12 staring quarterbacks are better.

Completion percentage: 67.2% Only 8 starting QB's are better.

Percentage of passes that go for first downs: 39.3%. Only 6 starting QB's are better.

These are not what you expect from a back - up quarterback, and he's doing it without our best receiver or running back playing. I hope he starts the rest of the season, so we get a better feel of how good he can be, but right now, I must say I'm a little giddy on his start.

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers after 12 games...

2018: 7-4-1
2019: 7-5

No Ben.
No Tuitt.
No Nix.
Not much of Conner.
Not much of JuJu.
No Pouncey (for two games).
Heck... say what you want... no AB.

No Mr. Me'von Bell who's averaging 3.2 yards a carry on the Jets either :)

Fire Goodell
12-03-2019, 10:19 AM
im usually with you on most, but the Cheifs will most likely lose to the pats.

I think the Chiefs actually have a good chance if they can force a shootout. The Pats I don't think have the firepower to hang with Mahomes if he gets hot