PDA

View Full Version : Brahns Week 13

Fire Goodell
11-25-2019, 01:14 PM
What's your prediction?

I've a feeling that the team is gonna come out fired up after all the disrespect they've been getting. We end their season whooping them 23-10

HollywoodSteel
11-25-2019, 02:10 PM
Talk about disrespect... the Steelers are home underdogs against the Browns for the first time since #6 was QB.

Go get ‘em Bubby!

AtlantaDan
11-25-2019, 03:30 PM
Talk about disrespect... the Steelers are home underdogs against the Browns for the first time since #6 was QB.

Go get ‘em Bubby!

Steelers actually opened as slight favorites and $$$ apparently poured in on Browns to move line to Browns -1&1/2

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/browns-@-steelers.cfm/date/12-01-19#BT

If Tomlin says he is sticking with Mason tomorrow look for the line to favor Browns by even more

Not certain barely beating the Bills, letting the Steelers hang around until the 4th quarter and blowing out the Dolphins in three home games means the Browns playoff express is back on track

86WARD
11-25-2019, 03:31 PM
Steelers 16 Browns 31

Dissolv
11-25-2019, 03:45 PM
Defense is rested this time. Look for some serious Steel Curtain stuff. Steelers 17, Browns 14

HollywoodSteel
11-25-2019, 04:07 PM
Defense is rested this time. Look for some serious Steel Curtain stuff. Steelers 17, Browns 14

Not to be negative, but won’t their defense be rested too.

AtlantaDan
11-25-2019, 04:31 PM
Not to be negative, but won’t their defense be rested too.

Garrett will be both rested and resting :rolleyes:

DesertSteel
11-25-2019, 04:52 PM
Duck-led
Steelers 24-19

Rudolph-led
Browns 27-9

Rotorhead
11-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Duck-led
Steelers 24-19

Rudolph-led
Browns 27-9

This!

Forgot to add, Steelers fans win 13 of 14 fights in the parking lot before and after the game. The only reason it isn’t 14-14 is one fight is between two Browns fans to stupid to realize the other was t a Steelers fan [emoji12]

AtlantaDan
11-25-2019, 11:08 PM
(https://mobile.twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1199088049973530626)
For all practical purposes he is done for the year

j-d-s
11-26-2019, 01:08 AM
Snell did look good against the Bungals... but then again, any RB (who is not a Hall of Famer like Adrian Peterson) is only as good as his O-Line.

Fire Goodell
11-26-2019, 01:42 AM
Snell did look good against the Bungals... but then again, any RB (who is not a Hall of Famer like Adrian Peterson) is only as good as his O-Line.

Looked good against the Chargers too. Pretty much has had solid production when given the chance this year.

Ironically he got majority of his play time this year when Duck was the QB.

Mojouw
11-26-2019, 08:09 AM
Browns blow them out on a day where Jordan Berry is the Steelers lone offensive weapon.

Browns take it 35-3.

steel striker
11-26-2019, 08:11 AM
Not sure about this game but, if the defense can create a TD plus Duck needs to play this game maybe Steelers win 24-17.

Moose
11-26-2019, 10:10 AM
I think this is going to be another ugly game. I like the idea of playing Duck, I think he gives us a better chance for a win. Mason just doesn't move and is always subject to sacks (holds ball too long) and big loss of yardage...not counting how many interceptions he throws. I'd feel better if Conner was playing, but it looks like he won't be, which makes my feeling on him falling further down and into a trade him mode. I feel Conner is a 'China Doll' made of glass and is NEVER available when needed, so what good is it to have a good player if he's not there when needed. I hope we win, but it's just so pathetic of another season. Another off season of major changes needed.....starting with coaches (OC) and down, BUT will it happen ? Probably not.

AtlantaDan
11-26-2019, 10:11 AM
Browns blow them out on a day where Jordan Berry is the Steelers lone offensive weapon.

Browns take it 35-3.

I get the 3 but was unaware Baker & Friends are now the 2013 Broncos on offense

Browns 20-9

Steeler-in-west
11-26-2019, 10:25 AM

Browns take it 35-3.

Browns are not the ravens not by a long shot.

not on this defense at home. And the brownies don’t have the helmet swinger

20-13 Pitt

AtlantaDan
11-26-2019, 11:10 AM
Good not to dodge this and confirm it now

But Tomlin apparently not an enthusiastic member of Team Duck

Edman
11-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Several narratives get destroyed Sunday.

Was Mason Rudolph truly the problem on Offense with his tendencies, or is it a bigger issue at hand? Like the Offense just being bad in general?

27-14 Browns.

DesertSteel
11-26-2019, 11:33 AM
Tomlin on Hodges: "I expect him to not kill us."

Great quote!

- - - Updated - - -

I see a lot of people in here are drinking the Brown Kool-Aid. May God have mercy on your souls.

Fire Goodell
11-26-2019, 11:50 AM
Don't drink kool-aid if it's brown, could be unpleasant :chuckle:

Mojouw
11-26-2019, 12:46 PM
Hope you all are correct. But it is essentially an elimination game.

Browns are better at QB, RB, and WR. Their front took it to the Steelers offensive line just a handful of weeks ago.

Best chance is that Watt, Dupree, and Heyward can expose the bad Browns offensive line and pressure Mayfield into turnovers. Something they did not do last meeting.

The Browns team also caused confusion in the Steelers secondary on multiple occasions.

Couple all that with the Duck at QB. Last time we saw him lead an NFL offense, it was based on asking him to do as little as possible. Don't think that is going to cut it this time and have not seen anything to indicate that Duck is the answer. Being better than Mason R is not much of a resume at this point. His one big play was on a blown coverage and a great run. That is like when Mason R was tossing TDs against blown assignments and everyone wanted to talk about how good he was. See how that turned out? More of the same seems to be in store, just a different wrapper.

Hodges likely turns the ball over a few times, leaves the defense with too short of a field to defend. Defense starts trying to be amazing on every play and begins to blow assignments. It all snowballs, etc.

Rotorhead
11-26-2019, 12:54 PM
The simple fact the he can hit his WRs in stride would have won the first Browns game all by itself. Our defense kept us in that game and stacked the box and stopped us. If Duck can hit a few downfield plays during this game (MR literally had one drive where he hit WRs correctly all game) the they won’t be able to stack the box and as you saw against the bengals, that should open up the running game. That is all anyone can hope for. Also, Duck has some legs, there were 2-3 times MR should have just run for the first to keep droves alive, Duck can and has shown a willingness to do.

DesertSteel
11-26-2019, 01:33 PM
We trailed by 7 in the 4th to a team that acted like it was the Super Bowl. Our QB was worse than putrid that night. That Browns team is now without their best player and the game is in Pittsburgh. Plus the guy who threw 4 picks is out. If the new guy can "not kill us" then I see the path to a W.

Mojouw
11-26-2019, 01:47 PM
Again, rooting really hard for everyone besides me to be right.

But, outside of one big play to Washington, Hodges was 4 of 10 for 39 yards. And that was against one of, if not the worst defense in the league.

Couple that with a stable of back-up RBs and practice squad WRs and you are essentially asking the defense to make zero mistakes and come away with a couple turnovers and a score. Sure, the Browns are not great or anything, but they are a reasonably competent NFL team. The Steelers have yet to beat one of those in 2019. I guess the Colts, but even that was a close run thing. I think the Browns are much better than the Colts.

DesertSteel
11-26-2019, 01:58 PM
The Steelers have yet to beat one of those in 2019. I guess the Colts, but even that was a close run thing. I think the Browns are much better than the Colts.
Well..... they did lose by a total of 9 points to 3 of the best 4 teams in football....

Mojouw
11-26-2019, 02:12 PM
Well..... they did lose by a total of 9 points to 3 of the best 4 teams in football....
But they still lost. That is the point. They have not beaten a good football team at full strength yet this year. The Colts is the closest, but that was with their back-up QB in.

The 2019 Steelers are good enough to squeak out wins against terrible teams. Decent enough to be competitive but lose against quality teams when everything goes right.

If ANYTHING goes wrong, they will get blown out. I think more than a few things will go wrong on Sunday and the house of cards comes tumbling down.

AtlantaDan
11-26-2019, 02:19 PM
But they still lost. That is the point. They have not beaten a good football team at full strength yet this year. The Colts is the closest, but that was with their back-up QB in.

The 2019 Steelers are good enough to squeak out wins against terrible teams. Decent enough to be competitive but lose against quality teams when everything goes right.

If ANYTHING goes wrong, they will get blown out. I think more than a few things will go wrong on Sunday and the house of cards comes tumbling down.

I get being down on the Steelers offense but a team coached by Freddie Kitchens that managed to be at 2-6 until it built a three game winning streak at home against three mediocre teams (I am not sold on the Bills at all) may win but has its own demons to overcome

Steeler-in-west
11-26-2019, 02:24 PM
The browns are 5-6 for a reason, and they’re without Garrett on defense. Steelers D is good enough to make up for a couple mistakes. Plus it’s still to be determined if juju and Conner will suit up.

i just don’t buy this crap that the browns are anything more than a mediocre team - and missing a key part on defense.

Fire Goodell
11-26-2019, 02:27 PM
we're gonna win, the browns and their fans have been really disrespectful since the game and that doesn't fire up this team to come out swinging at home, nothing will.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-26-2019, 02:33 PM

If ANYTHING goes wrong, they will get blown out. I think more than a few things will go wrong on Sunday and the house of cards comes tumbling down. They would have beat the Colts with their starting QB in the whole game. He wasn't doing much before he got injured and besides Hoyer is a very good back up.

DesertSteel
11-26-2019, 02:48 PM

No it's not really the point when you predict the Browns to win 35-3.

And the only time they were blown out is when Big Ben was playing.

Mojouw
11-26-2019, 02:50 PM
They would have beat the Colts with their starting QB in the whole game. He wasn't doing much before he got injured and besides Hoyer is a very good back up.
I doubt Brissett airmails a pick-six that decided the game. I believe Brissett had the Colts driving for a TD before he got injured.

DesertSteel
11-26-2019, 02:51 PM
I doubt Brissett airmails a pick-six that decided the game. I believe Brissett had the Colts driving for a TD before he got injured.
You imagine everything going right for other teams and everything going wrong for the Steelers ... lol

Mojouw
11-26-2019, 02:52 PM
No it's not really the point when you predict the Browns to win 35-3.

And the only time they were blown out is when Big Ben was playing.

To avoid a blow-out to the 49'ers, they had to cause 5 turnovers! That just can not be counted on to happen on a regular basis.

Until the offense, and I do not care who is under center, can consistently move the ball, convert 3rd downs, and put TDs on the board, the Steelers are one mistake from losing a given game and two-three mistakes from it snowballing and getting blown out.

Do I want them to win? Yes.
Do I think they are capable of winning? Yes.
Do I expect that they will win? No.

DesertSteel
11-26-2019, 02:54 PM
To avoid a blow-out to the 49'ers, they had to cause 5 turnovers! That just can not be counted on to happen on a regular basis.

Until the offense, and I do not care who is under center, can consistently move the ball, convert 3rd downs, and put TDs on the board, the Steelers are one mistake from losing a given game and two-three mistakes from it snowballing and getting blown out.

Dude that game was never even close to turning into a blow out. The Steelers should have won.

You not only expect the Browns to win, but to annihilate the Steelers.

Mojouw
11-26-2019, 03:04 PM
Dude that game was never even close to turning into a blow out. The Steelers should have won.

You not only expect the Browns to win, but to annihilate the Steelers.

If the 'Niners convert their red zone turnovers into points, even just field goals, the final score is 33-20. Make it TDs (and they were close enough to be possible) then you're talking 45-20.

And of course I expect the other team to catch all the breaks and the Steelers to catch very few. Why would the pattern change now?

I fully realize that my prediction is highly pessimistic. I will be rooting to be wrong.

Squeegee Thompson
11-26-2019, 03:56 PM
This is an angry, angry revenge game. Mayfield gets rattled early, Chubb never gets it going and the Steelers cruise away with a convincing victory.

28-13 Pittsburgh

DesertSteel
11-26-2019, 04:39 PM
If the 'Niners convert their red zone turnovers into points, even just field goals, the final score is 33-20. Make it TDs (and they were close enough to be possible) then you're talking 45-20.

And of course I expect the other team to catch all the breaks and the Steelers to catch very few. Why would the pattern change now?

I fully realize that my prediction is highly pessimistic. I will be rooting to be wrong.

Exactly! lol. I try to expect the best before the game and save my pessimism for when the game actually starts.

86WARD
11-26-2019, 05:27 PM
Again, rooting really hard for everyone besides me to be right.

But, outside of one big play to Washington, Hodges was 4 of 10 for 39 yards. And that was against one of, if not the worst defense in the league.

Couple that with a stable of back-up RBs and practice squad WRs and you are essentially asking the defense to make zero mistakes and come away with a couple turnovers and a score. Sure, the Browns are not great or anything, but they are a reasonably competent NFL team. The Steelers have yet to beat one of those in 2019. I guess the Colts, but even that was a close run thing. I think the Browns are much better than the Colts.

I, unfortunately, am seeing it the same way you are and also hope I’m wrong.

cold-hard-steel
11-26-2019, 06:44 PM
Everybody just relax , enjoy an Orange Julius or something.

Rotorhead
11-26-2019, 07:00 PM
I hope Duck can complete an average to below average number of forward passes, behind the 7-8 ppl the stains will be putting in the box we could win. We were in this game till the end, and MR threw INT after INT. If Duck can avoid turnovers, our defense held the Browns pretty good. We will be at home, I am hoping our team will rally behind Duck and be pissed off from the last game.

For those who keep talking about how terrible we are, we are literally 2 late game TO’s from being 8-3 and leading our division. With this pathetic offense. Let that sink in for a minute. All we need is average to a little below average QB play to be competitive, let’s all hope Duck can provide that.

86WARD
11-26-2019, 07:54 PM

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips.

tube517
11-27-2019, 07:42 AM

We no longer have an Orange Julius in our local mall. So can't relax! :chuckle:

86WARD
11-27-2019, 07:46 AM

Dairy Queen does them now...no excuses.

cold-hard-steel
11-27-2019, 08:56 AM

W.T.F. no Orange Julius , that's bullshit man. Have to find a recipe on line I guess.:lol:

Moose
11-27-2019, 10:39 AM
I said that this is probably gonna be a ugly game, and I do like that Duck is gonna give us the best chance to win.....I'm NOT predicting any score....I'm not sure how in the hell the talking heads come up with the brown's being favored......but let's not forget that THIS GAME IS IN PITTSBURG !!!! We got the RENEGADE !!! Oh mama !!

tube517
11-27-2019, 11:09 AM
W.T.F. no Orange Julius , that's bullshit man. Have to find a recipe on line I guess.:lol:

Yep went out of business. Was there for years.

But they are owned by Dairy Queen so I think we can still get it there.

Hawkman
11-28-2019, 10:43 PM
Good news-JuJu cleared concussion protocols
Bad News- Artie Burns Practiced.....:rofl2: That was bad of me wasn’t it.

Hope everyone had a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!!

teegre
11-28-2019, 11:30 PM

This is supposed to be the SNL skit where Sylvester Stallone works at a computer store... that used to be an Orange Julius.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.metacafe.com/embed/5148521/stallone_on_snl_1997_orange_julius_skit/" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.metacafe.com/watch/5148521/stallone_on_snl_1997_orange_julius_skit/

DesertSteel
11-29-2019, 09:07 AM
Good news-JuJu cleared concussion protocols
Bad News- Artie Burns Practiced.....:rofl2: That was bad of me wasn’t it.

Hope everyone had a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!!
What about his knee though? I was under the impression that his knee was the greater concern.

Hawkman
11-29-2019, 09:32 AM
What about his knee though? I was under the impression that his knee was the greater concern.

Not as clear on that.

HollywoodSteel
11-29-2019, 09:47 AM

He didn’t practice Thursday because of the knee. So it’s not looking great. Even if he plays, there’s no way he’ll be 100%.

DesertSteel
11-29-2019, 11:08 AM
He didn’t practice Thursday because of the knee. So it’s not looking great. Even if he plays, there’s no way he’ll be 100%.
Starting to look like a lost year for Juju. It'll be interesting how this affects his extension numbers.

Shoes
11-29-2019, 02:19 PM
No Conner and if he did return he'd be running lame. Have to pick up a RB in the draft or FA

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/29/james-conner-doubtful-juju-smith-schuster-out-for-steelers/

Fire Goodell
11-29-2019, 03:31 PM
DuDu Smith-Schuster, who crapped the bed as a toddler, and still does

Hawkman
11-29-2019, 08:25 PM
DuDu Smith-Schuster, who crapped the bed as a toddler, and still does

REALLY??

pczach
11-29-2019, 08:46 PM
I heard it reported a couple hours ago on CBS Sports Radio that JuJu has been ruled out of this game with the knee injury.

Crow-Magnon
11-29-2019, 10:05 PM
I said that this is probably gonna be a ugly game, and I do like that Duck is gonna give us the best chance to win.....I'm NOT predicting any score....I'm not sure how in the hell the talking heads come up with the brown's being favored......but let's not forget that THIS GAME IS IN PITTSBURG !!!! We got the RENEGADE !!! Oh mama !!

No offense, but man! It’s Pittsburgh! :nono:

Fire Goodell
11-29-2019, 10:53 PM
REALLY??

Yeah man 100% Dong post :chuckle:

fansince'76
11-29-2019, 11:02 PM

Honestly, I'm just looking forward to this shit sandwich of a season being over already with no catastrophic injuries to players like Watt.

Mojouw
11-29-2019, 11:24 PM
Honestly, I'm just looking forward to this shit sandwich of a season being over already with no catastrophic injuries to players like Watt.

That goal is in the back of my mind every week.

Hawkman
11-30-2019, 11:23 AM
See, and I look forward to seeing our defense grow every week. It’s amazing how much difference adding just a couple of pieces has made a difference.

AtlantaDan
11-30-2019, 11:38 AM
A post on social media Friday night shows Cleveland Browns (https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/cle/cleveland-browns) coach Freddie Kitchens wearing a "Pittsburgh started it" T-shirt -- a reference to the Browns-Steelers brawl that led to an indefinite suspension for Cleveland defensive end Myles Garrett and more than $730,000 in fines.

A Browns spokesman told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Kitchens' daughters gave him the shirt "as a joke" and that he wore it to see the film "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" with his family. The Browns said Kitchens did not intend for anyone to see it and "understands it's not a good look."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28194297/browns-coach-freddie-kitchens-seen-wearing-pittsburgh-started-shirt
(https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28194297/browns-coach-freddie-kitchens-seen-wearing-pittsburgh-started-shirt)
You wore it when you went to the movies, had your photo taken while wearing it, and did not intend for anyone to see it? What a moron :sofunny:

Add that to the wife of the Brown's owner (she is on the org chart as the "co-owner") wearing Garrett's number on her hat last week as a statement of solidarity with Garrett.

No surprise the Browns players are out of control

Steeler-in-west
11-30-2019, 11:44 AM
A post on social media Friday night shows Cleveland Browns (https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/cle/cleveland-browns) coach Freddie Kitchens wearing a "Pittsburgh started it" T-shirt -- a reference to the Browns-Steelers brawl that led to an indefinite suspension for Cleveland defensive end Myles Garrett and more than $730,000 in fines.

A Browns spokesman told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Kitchens' daughters gave him the shirt "as a joke" and that he wore it to see the film "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" with his family. The Browns said Kitchens did not intend for anyone to see it and "understands it's not a good look."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28194297/browns-coach-freddie-kitchens-seen-wearing-pittsburgh-started-shirt
(https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28194297/browns-coach-freddie-kitchens-seen-wearing-pittsburgh-started-shirt)
You wore it when you went to the movies, had your photo taken while wearing it, and did not intend for anyone to see it? What a moron :sofunny:

Add that to the wife of the Brown's owner (she is on the org chart as the "co-owner") wearing Garrett's number on her hat last week as a statement of solidarity with Garrett.

such bullshit, these people should be ashamed of this guy for trying to crack someone’s head open. Instead they wear his number on their heads. These people are like a bunch of idiot children. I hope the Steelers maul their sorry ass team

stillers4me
11-30-2019, 12:21 PM

Moose
11-30-2019, 12:34 PM
No Conner and if he did return he'd be running lame. Have to pick up a RB in the draft or FA

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/29/james-conner-doubtful-juju-smith-schuster-out-for-steelers/

I agree 100% I do like Conner, BUT I'm getting tired of his undependablity ! I think he's a " china doll" (made of glass), injury prone and never there when needed. So, what good is he to us ? Maybe trade bait. Just my thoughts.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-30-2019, 01:50 PM
such bullshit, these people should be ashamed of this guy for trying to crack someone’s head open. Instead they wear his number on their heads. These people are like a bunch of idiot children. I hope the Steelers maul their sorry ass team

I don't see a problem with supporting a player on your team that made a mistake. Steelers owners supported Deebo, Ben, Joey Porter and others thru some pretty bad circumstances.

The Freddy Kitchens t-shirt wearing is almost as dumb as emailing a porn link to the entire NFL. IMO.

Steeler-in-west
11-30-2019, 02:00 PM
I don't see a problem with supporting a player on your team that made a mistake. Steelers owners supported Deebo, Ben, Joey Porter and others thru some pretty bad circumstances.

The Freddy Kitchens t-shirt wearing is almost as dumb as emailing a porn link to the entire NFL. IMO.

It’s a little more than a ‘mistake’ the guy bashed Rudolph on the head with a helmet, guy could’ve died.

AtlantaDan
11-30-2019, 02:16 PM

Significant difference is that the person wearing Garrett’s number issued this statement with her husband after Garrett clubbed Rudolph

So I guess the initial apology from her that what Garrett did was unacceptable was PR bullshit (which IMO is the case) or she changed her mind after Garrett played the race card (which would indicate she is a fool)

If she wants to support Garrett go for it but do not try to play on both sides if something really offends your so-called "core values"

Butch
11-30-2019, 03:41 PM

Exactly...he knew what he was doing and he's trying to stir up shit. To bad the NFL won't take any notice of this.

Fire Goodell
11-30-2019, 06:02 PM
Congrats the Browns are the new Bengals. I had respect for that organization until now

86WARD
11-30-2019, 06:04 PM
Just like Marvin Lewis and the Bengals is Freddie Kichens and the Browns. Thug-life!

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-30-2019, 06:46 PM
It’s a little more than a ‘mistake’ the guy bashed Rudolph on the head with a helmet, guy could’ve died.

I don't see anybody that left that game in life threatening condition. Being a bit dramatic IMO. Somebody getting hit with a bottle in a bar fight, falling off motorcycle without helmet or being shot could be more serious IMO. Especially with 6'5" 300lb peacemaker between you and having reaction time to defend yourself. Still assault.

- - - Updated - - -

Significant difference is that the person wearing Garrett’s number issued this statement with her husband after Garrett clubbed Rudolph

So I guess the initial apology from her that what Garrett did was unacceptable was PR bullshit (which IMO is the case) or she changed her mind after Garrett played the race card (which would indicate she is a fool)

If she wants to support Garrett go for it but do not try to play on both sides if something really offends your so-called "core values"

Can apologize for actions and state that that the actions of one are not congruent with that of your organization....yet still support that member of your team.

I seem to recall an incident in Milligeville, GA where the owners of the football team didn't seem to believe the actions were in congruence with their team, yet they supported the player.

AtlantaDan
11-30-2019, 07:11 PM
Can apologize for actions and state that that the actions of one are not congruent with that of your organization....yet still support that member of your team.

I seem to recall an incident in Milligeville, GA where the owners of the football team didn't seem to believe the actions were in congruence with their team, yet they supported the player.

Other than not trading him, which AJRII supposedly contemplated, do not recall a lot of explicit support for Roethlisberger by the Steelers ownership in the immediate weeks after Milledgeville, unless I am forgetting that AJRII wore a #7 button in his media appearance when he supported Roger imposing a 6 game suspension

Of course the Steelers organization was getting negative feedback about Roethlisberger's conduct from a significant portion of the fanbase whereas Garrett has become some sort of martyr/hero to Browns fans - did not hear about a lot of "She Started It" tee shirts being sold after Milledgeville or being worn by Tomlin

The more comparable incident to Garrett-Rudolph is when Harrison hit Massaquoi in the 2010 Browns game. The Steelers supported Harrison there but never issued any apologies to the Browns about Harrison violating Steeler core values

Butch
11-30-2019, 08:09 PM
I don't see anybody that left that game in life threatening condition. Being a bit dramatic IMO. Somebody getting hit with a bottle in a bar fight, falling off motorcycle without helmet or being shot could be more serious IMO. Especially with 6'5" 300lb peacemaker between you and having reaction time to defend yourself. Still assault.
Are you saying that the reason the incident wasn't any worse was because of a 300LB lineman? Seems to me that even though that lineman was there, Garrett still managed to swing that helmet pretty hard and connected it with Mason's head. I don't think it's all that dramatic to think that it very well could have been MUCH worse if that helmet had just been turned a little further it would have been worse. Thankfully it wasn't, but it's not like Garrett cared one way or the other, he was simply lucky it wasn't worse than it was. So was the NFL for that matter.

Steeler-in-west
11-30-2019, 08:56 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I seem to recall an incident in Milligeville, GA where the one wners of the football team didn't seem to believe the actions were in congruence with their team, yet they supported the player.

your kidding right? So Your ok with them supporting and wearing the number of a guy that clubbed another player with a helmet? And no you can’t compare a game to a bar fight. What they’re doing is condoning this kind of action by their players - in a ‘football game’

86WARD
12-01-2019, 05:57 AM
What about the Roethlisberger for Asomogha rumors? Lol.

cold-hard-steel
12-01-2019, 08:43 AM
No skepticism here Browns must me pounded down to size.

teegre
12-01-2019, 09:07 AM
What about the Roethlisberger for Asomogha rumors? Lol.

There was serious talk of trading Ben to the Rams for the #1 overall pick in 2010.

Mojouw
12-01-2019, 11:36 AM
So easily upset. Of course prominent members of an organization support the employee who plays a major part in making their organization successful. I mean is Kitchens a professional looking or sounding coach? Do you think he has very much PR savvy? Of course not. Dude is a bit of a meathead moron. But none of this is surprising. Or honestly all that upsetting.

What will be upsetting is the outcome of the game. Not what people wore on the days leading up to it.

Steeler-in-west
12-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Got to call out crap like that. Can’t support thug behavior during a game.

anyway, browns got what they deserved today.

AtlantaDan
12-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Got to call out crap like that. Can’t support thug behavior during a game.

anyway, browns got what they deserved today.

Browns season presumably is toast - will enjoy reading Kitchens getting roasted

Mojouw
12-01-2019, 04:22 PM
So glad to be wrong! I'm still not sure how they are doing it week in and week out, but don't care!

pczach
12-01-2019, 04:36 PM
So glad to be wrong! I'm still not sure how they are doing it week in and week out, but don't care!

It's called great coaching. That and a resolve and a culture that has been developed over decades and continued by the current coaches, players, and everyone throughout the organization.

It's called fight and pride. It's determination and a willingness to fight until you have nothing left.

You can call it whatever you want, but it is what only a handful of NFL teams have....and everyone else is trying to get.

It's Steelers football.

86WARD
12-01-2019, 04:43 PM

He’s a baffoon...

DesertSteel
12-01-2019, 05:02 PM
There was serious talk of trading Ben to the Rams for the #1 overall pick in 2010.
I was for it at the time. I despised Ben's off the field behavior. I'm all for second chances and I think he's changed for the better.

Craic
12-01-2019, 05:36 PM
I was for it at the time. I despised Ben's off the field behavior. I'm all for second chances and I think he's changed for the better.

Yes and yes. It's one of the few things I can say Goodell did right—forcing Ben into counseling. Whatever the issue was, it's been put behind him.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-01-2019, 05:43 PM
Browse a Brown forum and fans are demoralized now looking forward to Ohio State!

AtlantaDan
12-01-2019, 06:24 PM
He’s a baffoon...

Kitchens another example of the hazards of promoting a coach because the starting QB likes him

Steeler-in-west
12-01-2019, 06:32 PM

Yup, guy showing no accountability from this. Somehow I doubt Tomlin would be wearing a stupid shirt like this if the shoe were on the foot.

Steeler-in-west
12-01-2019, 07:43 PM
Browns are not the ravens not by a long shot.

not on this defense at home. And the brownies don’t have the helmet swinger

20-13 Pitt

damn! What luck!

pczach
12-01-2019, 08:09 PM
damn! What luck!

Like a Boss!!!