PDA

View Full Version : Cain and Whyte

Six Rings
11-24-2019, 04:19 PM
These two brand new Steelers flashed ability.

Whyte is our best speed back. Heck he could be our best back as he bring she big play ability tuning the ball this offense needs.

Cain filled the role of deep receiver rather well coming down with one big play and drawing a flag on another.

I hope to see more of these guys.

pczach
11-24-2019, 04:24 PM
They certainly showed a little something today. It's only one game, but they showed more than some others who have been here for a while and haven't shown anything.

We could use a couple diamonds in the rough.

st33lersguy
11-24-2019, 04:27 PM
I wonder why they didn't throw to Cain more?

pczach
11-24-2019, 04:45 PM

I think they said during the broadcast that Cain didn't know much of the playbook. Then they told a story about Fichtner coming into the facility even though the coaching staff was given a day off by Tomlin, and Cain was in there trying to learn the playbook. Cain and Fichtner spent 4 hours talking and going over things. I'm sure it limited the number of plays he was able to be a part of, but you have to love the effort by the player and the coach.

I think it was Cain. Someone correct me if it was Whyte that Fichtner worked with.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-24-2019, 04:49 PM
I think they said during the broadcast that Cain didn't know much of the playbook. Then they told a story about Fichtner coming into the facility even though the coaching staff was given a day off by Tomlin, and Cain was in there trying to learn the playbook. Cain and Fichtner spent 4 hours talking and going over things. I'm sure it limited the number of plays he was able to be a part of, but you have to love the effort by the player and the coach.

I think it was Cain. Someone correct me if it was Whyte that Fichtner worked with. You are right it was Cain spending four hours with Fichtner and then getting a ride home from him.

Buckinnuts
11-24-2019, 04:49 PM
WHY DIDNT THEY RUN WHYTE MORE THAN 6 TIMES 5 IN FIRST HALF????..SNELL TOOK TO LONG TO HEAT UP BUT DID WHEN WE NEEDED HIM TO.. BUT KEEP CAIN, WHYTE, DROP JONES AND EDMUNDS OR SOMEONE..THESE 2 ROOKS HAD SOME FLASH

86WARD
11-24-2019, 04:57 PM
WHY DIDNT THEY RUN WHYTE MORE THAN 6 TIMES 5 IN FIRST HALF????..SNELL TOOK TO LONG TO HEAT UP BUT DID WHEN WE NEEDED HIM TO.. BUT KEEP CAIN, WHYTE, DROP JONES AND EDMUNDS OR SOMEONE..THESE 2 ROOKS HAD SOME FLASH

Cain and Whyte only knew a few plays from the playbook...they were limited as far as that goes but both players looked promising compared to some of the players that have been at those positions.

teegre
11-24-2019, 05:07 PM
Cain and Whyte only knew a few plays from the playbook...they were limited as far as that goes but both players looked promising compared to some of the players that have been at those positions.

Whyte ran the same play three times; the third time, it was for a loss.

A good portion of that blame can be laid at Fichtner’s feet: he finds a play that works... and then runs it into the ground.

43Hitman
11-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Whyte ran the same play three times; the third time, it was for a loss.

A good portion of that blame can be laid at Fichtner’s feet: he finds a play that works... and then runs it into the ground.

Its also highly possible the new kid only knew that one play since he joined us so late.

Bluecoat96
11-24-2019, 05:46 PM
WHY DIDNT THEY RUN WHYTE MORE THAN 6 TIMES 5 IN FIRST HALF????..SNELL TOOK TO LONG TO HEAT UP BUT DID WHEN WE NEEDED HIM TO.. BUT KEEP CAIN, WHYTE, DROP JONES AND EDMUNDS OR SOMEONE..THESE 2 ROOKS HAD SOME FLASHI DON'T KNOW
STOP YELLING AT ME.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Buckinnuts
11-24-2019, 06:07 PM
I DON'T KNOW
STOP YELLING AT ME.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Sorry didnt realize cap locks were on...lol

Six Rings
11-24-2019, 07:04 PM

He had one big catch and a flag. Maybe next week he'll see an expanded role. Cain was very productive at Clemson.

tube517
11-25-2019, 03:28 AM
So if Juju and Conner are back vs the Stains, do you give Cain and Whyte a hat?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Mojouw
11-25-2019, 05:22 AM
So if Juju and Conner are back vs the Stains, do you give Cain and Whyte a hat?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Yes. I give White a Hat over Edmunds. Edmunds can’t catch or pass protect.

Cain gets one over Holton if it comes to that.

86WARD
11-25-2019, 06:50 AM
Yes. I give White a Hat over Edmunds. Edmunds can’t catch or pass protect.

Cain gets one over Holton if it comes to that.

Agree. Based on what we saw yesterday.

Whyte >> Edmunds
Cain >>> Holton

teegre
11-25-2019, 10:06 AM
Duck has thrown a lot and feels comfortable with Holton. I doubt he loses a roster spot for Cain. Tevin Jones though... probably.

Whyte has to get playing time over Edmunds.

SteelMember
11-25-2019, 12:17 PM
Duck has thrown a lot and feels comfortable with Holton. I doubt he loses a roster spot for Cain. Tevin Jones though... probably.

+2

tube517
11-25-2019, 12:29 PM

Johnnie Holton-Bey is the current ST/old fast WR favorite of Tomlin I guess. So yeah Tevin is a candidate to be in the hot potato release/re-sign/practice squad rotation.

Edmunds sucks as a blocker and runs weird so I'd like to see Whyte get in there.

Fire Goodell
11-26-2019, 11:43 AM
With Conner out another week, maybe it's a good thing, we can see what we have in Whyte. Honestly I like his burst and speed threat, he could be a good change of pace back like Pegram was to Bam Morris back in the day

With Snell back honestly I'd put Edmunds back on the PS, the guy has a redundant skillset (basically another straight ahead runner) and doesn't do anything better than Snell or Samuels

pczach
11-26-2019, 12:16 PM
Johnnie Holton-Bey is the current ST/old fast WR favorite of Tomlin I guess.

Johnnie Holton-Bey!

:rofl2:

86WARD
11-26-2019, 12:21 PM
Johnnie Holton-Bey!

:rofl2:

Every time I see Holton out there or as the single WR on the field I think DHB.

DesertSteel
11-26-2019, 01:35 PM
With Conner out another week, maybe it's a good thing, we can see what we have in Whyte. Honestly I like his burst and speed threat, he could be a good change of pace back like Pegram was to Bam Morris back in the day

With Snell back honestly I'd put Edmunds back on the PS, the guy has a redundant skillset (basically another straight ahead runner) and doesn't do anything better than Snell or Samuels
If I had to guess, I'd say Conner is out for the rest of the season. No extension for that guy!

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-26-2019, 02:38 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say Conner is out for the rest of the season. No extension for that guy! He is done and is tired of being over used and besides looking for guaranteed money in the future.