PDA

View Full Version : Myles Garrett says Mason Rudolph used a racial slur. What do think happened?

Iron Steeler
11-21-2019, 08:56 PM
What do you think?

Iron Steeler
11-21-2019, 09:06 PM
What do you think?

I dont know how to create a pool through my phone.

A: Yes , I think its possible Mason said something racial, since he is from the South and seems like spoiled rich white kid. He may have been extremely frustrated with the 4 picks and this late hit was a slip of the tongue.

B: No, Myles is lying. He would have immediately been screaming "Mason called me..." in the endzone to make it known to all, his action was justified and all the players would have heard it seconds after the altercation.Also when asked after the game what happened, he never mentioned it to the media. Also Browns teammates aren't made aware by Garrett of any racial slurs until today through breaking news.

C. He is a mastermind and wants to stop playing football all together, keep his body healthy ,and join Kaepernick's circus and make a living by being paid as " a millionaire nike fake activist"

D. Other...write in.

- - - Updated - - -

Mods please delete other duplicates of this post. My phone is jacked up I must of submitted mulitples.

st33lersguy
11-21-2019, 09:20 PM
Ah the race card, such a valuable part of our society, after all what would people who've lost the argument or don't want to take responsibility for their own actions/failures do without it?

DesertSteel
11-21-2019, 09:28 PM
B. Garret is a LIAR!! And not much of a human.

st33lersguy
11-21-2019, 09:43 PM
Myles Garrett, the NFL's Jussie Smolletts

steelreserve
11-21-2019, 10:02 PM
Garrett made it up, possibly with the advice of his agent, knowing you can't actually prove someone DIDN'T say something. At worst, "nobody else heard him say it" but then you just claim "well I guess I was the only one close enough" or some such bullshit. Nobody can actually prove you're lying, it's a free race card.

For a million and a half dollars, would you take a shot at that for free? Well, why not? You just have to not give a shit about what happens to anyone other than yourself.

I'll also be clear - if it turns out Rudolph did say that, there's no excuse for it and he ought to get a nice unpaid vacation courtesy of the Steelers. It just seems ... highly unlikely that everybody on both teams would have stayed quiet about it for a whole week, including the guy he supposedly said it to directly. Give me a break.

But even if he DID do it, it does not give you free licence to attack somebody violently. The whole notion of "he said a racial slur, so I can do whatever I want" is not the way that's supposed to work. Just a lazy excuse for not controlling your temper. Plenty of times people have said shit like that to me, and I've somehow managed to avoid getting in fistfights over it.

teegre
11-21-2019, 10:33 PM
Myles Garrett, the NFL's Jussie Smolletts

In the “made for tv” movie, Myles Garrett will be played by Jussie Smollett.

:nod:

Steeler-in-west
11-21-2019, 10:54 PM
Maybe Mason said something about his momma

that I could believe

steelreserve
11-21-2019, 11:57 PM
Maybe Mason said something about his momma

that I could believe

Nonsense, he told him this is MAGA country! I think the people above figured it out.

Mach1
11-22-2019, 12:08 AM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/76259063_10219809840452094_521792518774325248_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQmysCTyejYZ6EotLBc9IwdxlZP8tkgXyLM3DwfTaxi 8v60S2TKWEPZD8KBxFgHLWFI&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=914053c2f6946062f937d508790c60a6&oe=5E88D382

Steeler-in-west
11-22-2019, 12:14 AM
Nonsense, he told him this is MAGA country! I think the people above figured it out.

waiting for Trump’s tweet on this, maybe will be an AB inspired tweet

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-22-2019, 12:29 AM
If Mason said anything I would guess he said get off of me you fat piece of shit.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-22-2019, 01:00 AM
waiting for Trump’s tweet on this, maybe will be an AB inspired tweet I hope Mason don't get Impeach over all this.

Fire Goodell
11-22-2019, 01:02 AM
Not trying to bring up race but there's no way around it, why does ANY dispute between a white and black player always have to come down to race baiting and race card pulling? This shit is fucking old and Garrett must think we're all either 5 years old or a bunch of fools. Grow the fuck up.

j-d-s
11-22-2019, 01:47 AM
It's a poor excuse, like many people who commit crimes and then try to come up with excuses, there is absolutely no credibility to that. All videos show clearly that the Referee is very close to Rudolph from the beginning of Garrett's late hit, so I'm pretty sure he would've heard it and thrown a flag if Rudolph had said anything.

teegre
11-22-2019, 05:44 AM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/76259063_10219809840452094_521792518774325248_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQmysCTyejYZ6EotLBc9IwdxlZP8tkgXyLM3DwfTaxi 8v60S2TKWEPZD8KBxFgHLWFI&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=914053c2f6946062f937d508790c60a6&oe=5E88D382

I’m stealing that!!!

AtlantaDan
11-22-2019, 06:58 AM
Cynic that I am I expected this allegation by Garrett might be made, for reasons including it being teed up by Garrett being asked what did Rudolph do to provoke such a mild mannered guy and certain media members speculating what happened.

If he had thrown his lie out immediately at least Kitchens and his teammates could immediately go after Rudolph for saying it.

By waiting until the disciplinary hearing and then saying he understood it would not go public when he raised it at that time the clear impression is he made it up to save his ass.

A lot of the talking heads are reluctant to flat out say he is lying, perhaps because they do not want to be accused of being insensitive to racism

So the slander just sits out there

teegre
11-22-2019, 07:02 AM
They asked Baker Mayfield about this, and Baker being Baker replied very honestly:

“This is the first that I’m hearing about it.”

:applaudit:

Game.
Set.
Match.

86WARD
11-22-2019, 07:25 AM
The league has plenty of audio mix’s around that field. If he said something they would’ve heard it.

Also, if Garrett was that pissed that he took the opportunity to hit someone with a helmet, I’m pretty sure after the game he probably would’ve still been pissed off and came clean then instead of just apologizing for his actions.

He’s a joke.

DesertSteel
11-22-2019, 07:32 AM
Sadly, it’ll always hang over Rudolph’s head regardless of the truth. As his representation said, it’s s worse act than the actual attack.

Blast Furnace
11-22-2019, 07:40 AM
The league has plenty of audio mix’s around that field. If he said something they would’ve heard it.

Also, if Garrett was that pissed that he took the opportunity to hit someone with a helmet, I’m pretty sure after the game he probably would’ve still been pissed off and came clean then instead of just apologizing for his actions.

He’s a joke.

Yep, when I'm that pissed, I swear like a sailor and have absolutely no filter. I would have said exactly what Mason said at the very first opportunity.

Squeegee Thompson
11-22-2019, 08:58 AM
Not trying to bring up race but there's no way around it, why does ANY dispute between a white and black player always have to come down to race baiting and race card pulling? This shit is fucking old and Garrett must think we're all either 5 years old or a bunch of fools. Grow the fuck up.

^This. Also, notice how quiet the Steelers are about the whole thing now that it's blown over? While Cleveland is selling T-shirts.

I anticipate an absolute curb-stomping in Pittsburgh on Dec 1st.

AtlantaDan
11-22-2019, 09:13 AM
^This. Also, notice how quiet the Steelers are about the whole thing now that it's blown over? While Cleveland is selling T-shirts.

I anticipate an absolute curb-stomping in Pittsburgh on Dec 1st.

Will be interesting if Browns try to cool it down with the ongoing shots at Rudolph from some defensive players (Baker has been surprisingly candid in a good way) - Kitchens has no control over his team

DesertSteel
11-22-2019, 09:16 AM
Steelers need to stay focused on gaining a wildcard berth.

Iron Steeler
11-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Sadly, it’ll always hang over Rudolph’s head regardless of the truth. As his representation said, it’s s worse act than the actual attack.

This kid is going to have this dark cloud of accusations hanging over him forever now. Seems to be a Pitt QB trend.

Rotorhead
11-22-2019, 10:18 AM
I was against MR pursuing legal action until now, he should sue for slander.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-22-2019, 10:26 AM

Yeah, I would. Might not make friends within the players association, but that would at least create some motivation from Garrett camp to retract or just say they misremembered.

I honestly think that Garrett lost his mind and then later used this racial slur defense to try and get some sentence reduction by deflecting blame. There is a slight chance and very slight that he heard what he wanted to hear, in the way of a racial slur during the melee, but that doesn't explain not bringing it up until a week later and nobody near the fight, nor on either team hearing the slur.

AtlantaDan
11-22-2019, 10:44 AM
I honestly think that Garrett lost his mind and then later used this racial slur defense to try and get some sentence reduction by deflecting blame. There is a slight chance and very slight that he heard what he wanted to hear, in the way of a racial slur during the melee, but that doesn't explain not bringing it up until a week later and nobody near the fight, nor on either team hearing the slur.

Allegedly Team Garrett brought it up just to trash Rudolph

According to one of the people familiar with the accusation made during Wednesday’s hearing, Garrett’s side raised it in an unusual way, referencing the alleged racial slur but saying there was no request being made for it to be considered in Garrett’s defense.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/11/21/myles-garrett-appeal-mason-rudolph/

I guess Garrett knows this is what he will be remembered for and wants to take the guy he blames for it happening down with him. :noidea:

Agreed - good SI article on that possibility

Could Mason Rudolph Sue Myles Garrett For A Defamatory Statement?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/22/myles-garrett-mason-rudolph-racial-slur-browns-steelers-fight-defamation-slander

86WARD
11-22-2019, 11:02 AM
Sounds like Garrett’s people threw it out there to place the idea in the heads to create doubt and it now kinda got away from them. It’s a bullshit move.

NCSteeler
11-22-2019, 12:04 PM
Steelers need to stay focused on gaining a wildcard berth.Ok Jim Mora. LMAO

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

NCSteeler
11-22-2019, 12:07 PM
I definitely think Garrett thought this proceeding were private and never expected to have to back up his statement.

HollywoodSteel
11-22-2019, 12:25 PM
Man, this whole situation just sucks. There’s no good version. I tend to believe that if Rudolph screamed a racial slur At Garrett, someone would have heard it. Also, I can’t see anyone throwing out a racial slur in this game, where most of his own teammates are black. It just doesn’t make any sense.

But I also hate the anger it’s going to cause amongst fans and press as so many people will feel forced to choose sides and stick to their guns.

I think at this point someone needs to ask Garrett the exact racial slur he heard. And at exactly what point in the melee it took place. I honestly am having a difficult time envisioning the plausibility of it without specifics.

If Garrett is telling the truth, he owes it to the world to walk us through it exactly as it happened.

AtlantaDan
11-22-2019, 12:26 PM
I definitely think Garrett thought this proceeding were private and never expected to have to back up his statement.

Garrett may be clueless enough to believe that sort of inflammatory accusation would not leak but his reps knew better

May have gone like this:

Reps tell Garrett proceedings are not open to the public while also saying make sure you assert all your defenses

Garrett tells reps for first time he called me n***er

Reps now faced with not representing Garrett properly if they sit on accusation while knowing it is explosive and will get out - so they try to soft peddle it with the “hey just passing this along but not asserting it to get the suspension reduced” line

With regard to Garrett it comes back to the great line when the Deep Throat character in All The President’s Men explains how Watergate unraveled - “the fact is these aren’t very bright guys - and things got out of hand”

DesertSteel
11-22-2019, 12:40 PM
One thing is for sure, if Mason ever used the ‘N’ word in the 3rd grade, we’ll hear about it soon.

HollywoodSteel
11-22-2019, 12:46 PM
Garrett may be clueless enough to believe that sort of inflammatory accusation would not leak but his reps knew better

May have gone like this:

Reps tell Garrett proceedings are not open to the public while also saying make sure you assert all your defenses

Garrett tells reps for first time he called me n***er

Reps now faced with not representing Garrett properly if they sit on accusation while knowing it is explosive and will get out - so they try to soft peddle it with the “hey just passing this along but not asserting it to get the suspension reduced” line

With regard to Garrett it comes back to the great line when the Deep Throat character in All The President’s Men explains how Watergate unraveled - “the fact is these aren’t very bright guys - and things got out of hand”

I think you’re right that Garrett probably didn’t really think through the repercussions of this. It’s going to not only follow Rudolph around, but he’s going to get a LOT of angry people now assuming he’s lying and playing the race card. If Garrett is indeed inventing this, then he made such a huge mistake for his own life. People will divide, and choose sides, and dig in. There will be so much hate thrown at both of theses players.

And believe me, I think we have to take accusations of racism seriously. But if it’s true you’d think Garrett would be wanting to scream out the details from the highest mountain top, rather than trying to play it down as something said in confidence. Why not give the world the specific details so we’ll be more inclined to believe him.

If I were Rudolph, maybe I’d reach out to him and explain how bad this will get and offer Garrett an out to say that maybe he misheard something. I just hate to see this get really ugly and further divide people.

AtlantaDan
11-22-2019, 01:05 PM
One thing is for sure, if Mason ever used the ‘N’ word in the 3rd grade, we’ll hear about it soon.

He apparently has followed some folks on social media that IMO Mark Madden correctly says is going to be exploited by the usual suspects. It flew under the radar but apparently this was a thing for some of those engaged in online attacks to advance the legacy of struggle earlier this season.

The story isn’t done metastasizing.

Rudolph seems to lean right based on tweets he liked criticizing Colin Kaepernick’s kneeling stance and sports journalist/social justice warrior Jemele Hill (ex-ESPN). Rudolph is also said to be a fan of conservative political commentator Tomi Lahren.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-myles-garretts-unproven-racism-accusation-will-follow-steelers-qb-mason-rudolph-forever/

Given that players will do anything to rattle the QB, particularly a QB who has not been a rock of stability, the trash talk he is going to be receiving starting Sunday hopefully does not screw up his performance or cause the Steelers to incur penalties if they decide something has crossed the line and needs to be stopped.

Neversatisfied
11-22-2019, 01:44 PM
Picture this. Mason Rudolph frustrated and in the middle of a fist fight uses the n- word towards Garrett, Rudolph uses this knowing full well 80% of his teammates, the majority of the opposing teams players not to mention his head coach and a few others on the Steelers coaching staff are Black. It makes ZERO sense.

HollywoodSteel
11-22-2019, 01:53 PM
He apparently has followed some folks on social media that IMO Mark Madden correctly says is going to be exploited by the usual suspects. It flew under the radar but apparently this was a thing for some of those engaged in online attacks to advance the legacy of struggle earlier this season.

Rudolph seems to lean right based on tweets he liked criticizing Colin Kaepernick’s kneeling stance and sports journalist/social justice warrior Jemele Hill (ex-ESPN). Rudolph is also said to be a fan of conservative political commentator Tomi Lahren.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-myles-garretts-unproven-racism-accusation-will-follow-steelers-qb-mason-rudolph-forever/

Given that players will do anything to rattle the QB, particularly a QB who has not been a rock of stability, the trash talk he is going to be receiving starting Sunday hopefully does not screw up his performance or cause the Steelers to incur penalties if they decide something has crossed the line and needs to be stopped.

Wow. Yeah, it’s gonna get worse.

Well, we’ve all been saying that Rudolph is mentally tough. I guess now we’ll see how well he does maintaining focus through all of this.

I think having Tomlin as a head coach might really be a good thing for Rudolph right now. Not just because Tomlin is African American, but because he is also very good at remaining calm and tuning out external noise. He’ll be helpful to Rudolph in that regard.

The Steelers in general have a very good reputation with being at the forefront of battling racial prejudice. If the organization stands by Rudolph, in my mind that helps Rudolph’s image through all of this.

But it will get bad...

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-22-2019, 02:01 PM

Might be painted as a kid that grew up in S Carolina with some racial biases, given those references. I still see zero evidence or indication that anything was ever said. The fact that the accusations are shocking to Browns teammates as much as Steelers players says something IMO.

Rudolph grew up in a very Christian environment and his middle school was Christian centered and affiliated with the Presbyterian Church. I hope he would be prepared to turn the other cheek if some trash is being talked.

HollywoodSteel
11-22-2019, 02:16 PM
Might be painted as a kid that grew up in S Carolina with some racial biases, given those references. I still see zero evidence or indication that anything was ever said. The fact that the accusations are shocking to Browns teammates as much as Steelers players says something IMO.

Rudolph grew up in a very Christian environment and his middle school was Christian centered and affiliated with the Presbyterian Church. I hope he would be prepared to turn the other cheek if some trash is being talked.

Lol. He obviously is more of a hot head than turn the other cheek guy.

But that in no way means he would ever be inclined to make a racial slur. I can’t even think of what Garrett is claiming was said. Did Garrett actually say what the racial slur was in the hearing?

Squeegee Thompson
11-22-2019, 04:18 PM
Myles Smollett just sealed his fate in the court of public opinion. Not only is he an unhinged asshole, he's also now a lying asshole who will do and say anything to get out of the predicament he's put himself in.

It was fate that put him on either the Bengals, Raiders, Cowboys or ... of course ... the Browns. Those four teams seem to have a penchant for winding up with these types of whackaloons year after year.

FrancoLambert
11-22-2019, 04:27 PM
Reflecting on Pouncey’s actions...if he heard his QB say it...I doubt he would have reacted the way he did.
There was no hesitation on his part at all.
If he heard “the word” his reaction would have been different IMO.
It’s pure bullshit.

j-d-s
11-22-2019, 04:59 PM

I think there's a difference between following and liking someone's post/profile. I'm pretty sure that millions of Trump's followers are actually very much against him, but considering that one tweet from the POTUS can influence the stock markets heavily it's a good advice to read his tweets if you're active in the stock market.

HollywoodSteel
11-22-2019, 05:01 PM
Myles Smollett just sealed his fate in the court of public opinion. Not only is he an unhinged asshole, he's also now a lying asshole who will do and say anything to get out of the predicament he's put himself in.

It was fate that put him on either the Bengals, Raiders, Cowboys or ... of course ... the Browns. Those four teams seem to have a penchant for winding up with these types of whackaloons year after year.

The only thing is, there’s no way to PROVE he never said it. Because of that, a HUGE number of people will always assume that Rudolph is guilty, based on the accusation alone.

It’s unfortunate, but that’s the world we live in. This will haunt Rudolph probably far worse than it haunts Garrett going forward.

Steeler-in-west
11-22-2019, 05:10 PM
Lol. He obviously is more of a hot head than turn the other cheek guy.

But that in no way means he would ever be inclined to make a racial slur. I can’t even think of what Garrett is claiming was said. Did Garrett actually say what the racial slur was in the hearing?

i think it’s actually very possible that it was Garrett that said something as he was driving Rudolph into the ground. After a rough game, that could be the final indignity that could set someone like Rudolph off. Of course Garrett would never admit it and probably Rudolph would not use it as an excuse. I could totally see it

HollywoodSteel
11-22-2019, 05:14 PM
i think it’s actually very possible that it was Garrett that said something as he was driving Rudolph into the ground. After a rough game, that could be the final indignity that could set someone like Rudolph off. Of course Garrett would never admit it and probably Rudolph would not use it as an excuse. I could totally see it

I don’t think Garrett needed to say anything to motivate Rudolph’s anger. It was most likely the last drop in a waterfall of frustration that kept falling on Rudolph that game.

Moose
11-22-2019, 05:20 PM
Garrett's making crap up, playing the race card at the meeting trying to make things look better for him for less punishment. Pretty damn bad accusation thrown on Rudy....I'd sue Garrett for slander. No one heard it, and it took 7 days for the slur to sink in Garrett's ear's ??? Give me a break. Asshole making it up. In my opinion.

Moose
11-22-2019, 05:25 PM
Garrett's making crap up, playing the race card at the meeting trying to make things look better for him for less punishment. Pretty damn bad accusation thrown on Rudy....I'd sue Garrett for slander. No one heard it, and it took 7 days for the slur to sink in Garrett's ear's ??? Give me a break. Asshole making it up. In my opinion.

Steelerchad
11-22-2019, 08:56 PM
He made it up to try to justify his actions and convince the NFL to reduce his suspension. They've interviewed several of "his" teammates and none of them heard it or said he mentioned it until they heard it from the media. He would have said what happened in the locker room after the game if it had really taken place. #notbuyinit

- - - Updated - - -

I agreed with Rudolph not pressing charges and just moving on. If I was him, I'd reconsider after this little stunt.

EzraTank
11-22-2019, 09:46 PM
And yet NONE of the Steelers black players standing there heard it or cared about it?

LOL.

fansince'76
11-22-2019, 10:13 PM
If it actually happened, a huge deal would have been made about it immediately, not almost a week after the fact.

Dwinsgames
11-23-2019, 10:07 AM
the racial slur is complete and utter bullshit ...

here is why ...

1) nobody else heard it

2) nobody would have defended Mason during the altercation

3) you do not use this as your defense for your actions nearly a week after the fact you do so right then that night !

and finally this ....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJ8cvEMWkAEX8Ih?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

86WARD
11-23-2019, 12:52 PM
the racial slur is complete and utter bullshit ...

here is why ...

1) nobody else heard it

2) nobody would have defended Mason during the altercation

3) you do not use this as your defense for your actions nearly a week after the fact you do so right then that night !

and finally this ....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJ8cvEMWkAEX8Ih?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Not to mention the NFL has mics all around the field and can pretty much pick up all the sounds...maybe no players mix’s, but they can hear the sounds of the game...unless maybe Rudolph just whispered it to him...lol

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-23-2019, 05:43 PM
You people need to let this go. Yeah, I said "you people". :rolleyes:

NCSteeler
11-23-2019, 05:57 PM
Not to mention the NFL has mics all around the field and can pretty much pick up all the sounds...maybe no players mix’s, but they can hear the sounds of the game...unless maybe Rudolph just whispered it to him...lolPrimetime games someone may have been mic'd up

silver & black
11-23-2019, 05:57 PM
What makes a normally mild mannered guy act like that? He got punched through his own car window and didn't react. Garrett, by all standards is normally a very mild mannered, passive guy. What caused him to flip out like that? I'm just trying to figure it out.... not trying to cause trouble.

86WARD
11-23-2019, 06:10 PM
Primetime games someone may have been mic'd up

I think I read somewhere that the league investigated all the tapes and everything and found nothing. I would have to imagine that included the sounds as well...lol. But then you never know with this league...

tube517
11-23-2019, 08:34 PM
What makes a normally mild mannered guy act like that? He got punched through his own car window and didn't react. Garrett, by all standards is normally a very mild mannered, passive guy. What caused him to flip out like that? I'm just trying to figure it out.... not trying to cause trouble.Not this season.

Ask Delainie Walker

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

AtlantaDan
11-23-2019, 09:05 PM
What makes a normally mild mannered guy act like that? He got punched through his own car window and didn't react. Garrett, by all standards is normally a very mild mannered, passive guy. What caused him to flip out like that? I'm just trying to figure it out.... not trying to cause trouble.

Maybe Freddie Kitchens asked him and knows the answer - but Freddie says his conversations with Garrett are confidential :rolleyes:

Garrett has been playing with more of an edge with two flagrantly dirty plays in the Titans and Jets games earlier this season

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/myles-garrett-history-of-dirty-plays-this-year-video-vontaze-burfict-01dsqhkbpbvs

Browns have been tired of being little brother to the Steelers forever, Kitchens has no control over the team that is off the leash and Garrett may simply have lost it without the social justice warriors’ explanation, that they started pushing immediately after the game with no basis whatsoever ever than rank speculation, that Rudolph said something egregiously inflammatory to set him off

The fallback explanation to Rudolph being a racist that also was offered by an ESPN “reporter” was that Mason grabbed Garrett’s nuts - but she backed off that too

“What word would be used to describe this if an NFL player grabbed a female’s private parts in a non-consensual way? Pause,” she wrote in the since-deleted tweet following the Browns’ 21-7 win over the Steelers. “Would that be assault? Male or female, this nonconsensual act right here is beyond invasive, provoking and wrong.”...

“Mistakes need to be owned, and I will own mine here,” Anderson tweeted Saturday (https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1195698921579958273?s=20). “With the benefit of additional angles, it’s clear my tweet misinterpreted one of the photos taken during the brawl. That’s my fault, I apologize. My goal is to always be completely accurate and fair.”

https://nypost.com/2019/11/16/espns-josina-anderson-apologizes-for-mason-rudolph-private-parts-tweet/

No word on her being disciplined :coffee:

Guess it is just too hard for those in the media with an agenda to accept sometimes people just snap due to their own demons

steelreserve
11-24-2019, 02:45 AM
Here's my question - what is supposed to happen, according to Garrett, if Rudolph DID say the N word?

Like - in terms of league discipline, so what?

You caused the prime spectacle of the year, are you really expecting to get off the hook because of the REASON you started the fight?

Oh, this guy called you a bad word, go ahead and do whatever you want? Really?

Maybe that could be a way to drag your enemy down with you - like, he should suffer some negative consequences also - but it's no defense for your own violence.

Butch
11-24-2019, 08:30 AM
Here is a good article on what was done during the NFL investigation on if there was a racial slur used during the brawl.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-browns-fight-what-to-know-about-the-investigation-into-myles-garretts-racial-slur-allegation/

AtlantaDan
11-24-2019, 08:47 AM
Here is a good article on what was done during the NFL investigation on if there was a racial slur used during the brawl.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-browns-fight-what-to-know-about-the-investigation-into-myles-garretts-racial-slur-allegation/

Thanks for the link

So as far as the league is concerned Garrett made it up but will receive no additional discipline for having slandered Rudolph

OTOH if Rudolph said it the league presumably would have clobbered him for doing so

Butch
11-24-2019, 08:55 AM
Where was the uproar when AB called Mayok a "Cracker"? His (N.E) team mates didn't turn on him. He was allowed to play the game without any repercussions what-so-ever. No media backlash, no NFL investigation...nothing. It wasn't until he called out Kraft that he seemed to have crossed a line. It's even been rumored that the cheats are considering bringing him back (rumor only). Why the double standard?

Dwinsgames
11-24-2019, 09:01 AM

'roid rage definition, aggressive behavior attributed to the use of anabolic steroids, especially when the steroids are used regularly and in high doses:

Butch
11-24-2019, 09:23 AM
'roid rage definition, aggressive behavior attributed to the use of anabolic steroids, especially when the steroids are used regularly and in high doses:

Maybe he should get one of Leveon Bells random tests. LOL

pczach
11-24-2019, 10:28 AM
Maybe he should get one of Leveon Bells random tests. LOL

Or James Harrison's.

HollywoodSteel
11-24-2019, 11:49 AM
Where was the uproar when AB called Mayok a "Cracker"? His (N.E) team mates didn't turn on him. He was allowed to play the game without any repercussions what-so-ever. No media backlash, no NFL investigation...nothing. It wasn't until he called out Kraft that he seemed to have crossed a line. It's even been rumored that the cheats are considering bringing him back (rumor only). Why the double standard?

What did he say about Kraft?

I thought he was cut when the sexual assault allegations came out. I don’t remember him being punished for anything he said about Kraft.

Godfather
11-24-2019, 09:34 PM
Pouncey wouldn't have, and shouldn't have, defended Mason if that were true.

Butch
11-25-2019, 06:08 AM

I thought he was cut when the sexual assault allegations came out. I don’t remember him being punished for anything he said about Kraft.

You are right my bad, but that's really not the point.

SteelMember
11-25-2019, 09:01 AM
I don't think he said the Nword... Bit** Mo***rFu***r, sure... but not the Nword.

Rotorhead
11-25-2019, 09:39 AM

He called out Kraft after he was cut, don’t remember what he said, just that it was something about Kraft. That is why he apologized last week, he must be running out of $$ already to start kissing ass on Twitter lol

teegre
11-25-2019, 10:04 AM

AB made a reference about getting a massage.

Something something “different strokes for different folks.” Kind of clever actually (someone else must have written it).

HollywoodSteel
11-25-2019, 11:01 AM
AB made a reference about getting a massage.

Something something “different strokes for different folks.” Kind of clever actually (someone else must have written it).

That is clever for AB. Lol

Yeah. He probably heard someone say it.