PDA

View Full Version : Pirates fire a championship manager.. (IDIOTS)

BPS3akaWirels3
09-30-2010, 01:53 PM
MIAMI -- The Pirates are not discussing why they fired a minor-league manager who just won a championship, but a source said this morning it was because of a failure to follow the team's prescribed development programs.
Late Wednesday night, the team told Matt Walbeck, manager of the Class AA Altoona Curve team that won the Eastern League two weeks ago, that he would not be retained. Walbeck, 40, was named that league's manager of the year, his fourth manager-of-the-year honor in various capacities over six years

Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/10273/1091579-100.stm#ixzz112ZENyrs

Edman
09-30-2010, 11:15 PM
He just didn't fit in with the Pirates. Competance and Winning is just cramping their style.

X-Terminator
09-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Only the Pirates... :doh:

The Curve won the freaking Eastern League championship. What possible "development program" didn't Walbeck follow? I swear to God, for every one step forward this organization takes, they take 3 steps back. I'm afraid to find out what else they can do to further entrench themselves as the laughingstock of all of professional sports.

Hindes204
09-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Par for the course for these douche bag owners

cakmakli
10-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Walbeck must have stepped on (C)untington's little pee pee and hurt his feelings.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Walbeck must have stepped on (C)untington's little pee pee and hurt his feelings.

It just proves the idiots don't care about winning at ALL.

cakmakli
10-01-2010, 11:09 AM
I just can't believe that they gave that jagoff an extension. He should have been the one packing his bags.

steelerdude15
10-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Wow just wow. What idiots fire a manager who just won a championship. This makes me have less respect for the Pirates management. This just pisses me off so much.

Edman
10-01-2010, 04:08 PM
What possible "development program" didn't Walbeck follow?

Whatever it is, it's likely Walbeck wasn't a "yes man" in the Pirates Organization. Perhaps he went against Nutcase or his stooge Huntington's ideas that lead to losing and won. That's the only thing I take from this.

The "development program" with the Pirates is Losing and taking the cheap way out. Showing effort and winning is just not acceptable.