PDA

View Full Version : Factory of Sadness game goats

j-d-s
11-14-2019, 11:01 PM
No Game Balls tonight, bad play across the board by everyone at all levels.

Despite his 4 picks I'd still not put that much on Rudolph. He didn't play good, but the O-Line was worse and losing the top three offensive players didn't help either. In that situation even Ben would have had a hard time.

The defense also didn't do anything to help, no turnovers, allowing several deep passes, chunk runs by their RBs.

Only defensive player that at least had some plays was Watt. Also, as much as Pouncey punching and kicking at the end would warrant a special goat, I can understand that he's ticked off by Garrett's actions.

Edman
11-14-2019, 11:05 PM
Rudolph gets the top goat. He was horrendous.

I’ve been defending him, but I cannot defend him tonight. That was a extremely disappointing performance for the record books. He has to light the world on fire the rest of the season for me to get back in his corner. Otherwise, the critics are right: he will amount to nothing more than a decent backup. Like Landry Jones.

He works very hard and has grit, but his flaws are way too numerous and glaring to elevate the team around him.

Fire Goodell
11-14-2019, 11:06 PM
Rudolph and the entire O-line

j-d-s
11-14-2019, 11:08 PM
Yeah, he was horrendous, but he was in the probably worst position a QB can be (even worse than the Dolphins)... horrendous play from the O-Line, three top players injured during the game...

st33lersguy
11-14-2019, 11:11 PM
I'll give credit to the defense. They did what they could. Prevented the game from being an absolute blowout

Goats though: WRs: Aside from Juju who is a no. 2 overmatched playing as a no. 1, the WRs are pure abject garbage. Juju is the only WR above the caliber of a no. 4 WR. Johnny Holton in particular probably wouldn't belong in the AAF if that was still a thing. O-line: Apparently all that had to happen for this unit to degenerate into the late 00s iteration was for Munchak to leave. The o-line sucks. AV in particular looked like Jonathan Scott. Pouncey and DeCastro are also having career worst years. Randy Fichtner: Your average kindergartner scribbling in his/her coloring book could come up with something better than whatever Fichtner comes up with weekly. Fichtner's idea of offense in the NFL would look dull and unimaginative in the 1930s. And while he received no help, Mason still receives a goat for all his hideous passes

steelreserve
11-14-2019, 11:15 PM
It would be hard to get worse than Rudolph, and he's the most important player on the offense. F-minus performance.

The OL sucked, and Villanueva in particular got his ass handed to him. He's really had a shitty last couple of games. What the hell is up with that?

Barron for being completely asleep at the switch on that TD, and there were several times he was the one chasing a guy down from behind after a piss-poor job covering that same guy. No one on defense stood out in a good way, but you saw Barron on most of the bad ones.

Our running game was no good, but I wish we'd at least tried to run Samuels a little more instead of the guys who clearly couldn't do shit. Edmunds looked especially ineffective, every time I saw him get the ball, he was getting Parker'd for no gain.

What a horseshit game this was. I can't believe we actually gained within 20 yards of them on offense - you'd never know it.

Mojouw
11-14-2019, 11:15 PM
Not much an o line can do when the other team just flat out pass rushes 5 every down.

Trey Edmunds can't pass protect worth snot.

Neversatisfied
11-14-2019, 11:16 PM
Goat- Rudolph hasn't been good and now we should recognize why the Steelers have limited the playcalls to short passes. He is inaccessible and immobile.

Steeler-in-west
11-14-2019, 11:16 PM
I thought the defense played well, in spite of no turnovers

goats are Rudolph with a number of bad throws, and the OL allowing too much pressure. Rudolph was actually making me miss dobbs (at least the guy had an arm, perhaps his accuracy would have improved)

Goat also for the scheduled thursday night game: short week on the road bit us in the ass,

Iron Steeler
11-14-2019, 11:23 PM
goat:offense.
injuries

hero: David decastro... like legitimate hero, for pinning down and laying on myles garrett so a rabid Pouncey couldnt get clean hits in.

Craic
11-15-2019, 12:24 AM
It would be hard to get worse than Rudolph, and he's the most important player on the offense. F-minus performance.

The OL sucked, and Villanueva in particular got his ass handed to him. He's really had a shitty last couple of games. What the hell is up with that?

Barron for being completely asleep at the switch on that TD, and there were several times he was the one chasing a guy down from behind after a piss-poor job covering that same guy. No one on defense stood out in a good way, but you saw Barron on most of the bad ones.

Our running game was no good, but I wish we'd at least tried to run Samuels a little more instead of the guys who clearly couldn't do shit. Edmunds looked especially ineffective, every time I saw him get the ball, he was getting Parker'd for no gain.

Edmunds had 3 rushes for 11 yards, so a 3.7 average. BUT!!!!! He had a long of 9 yards! So, if you take out his long run . . . :chuckle: (Sorry SR, I just had to go there).

SteelMember
11-15-2019, 12:38 AM
AV... he was on skates all night, holding penalties and then was totally out of position for the melee. F-

Holton... please, the practice squad guy was better. F-

Mason... 4 picks and a slew of other poorly thrown ball's. Automatic F

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-15-2019, 12:58 AM
Yeah, he was horrendous, but he was in the probably worst position a QB can be (even worse than the Dolphins)... horrendous play from the O-Line, three top players injured during the game... Again don't blame him for the 2nd half with all the injuries. He suck in the first half and just can't make drives. I seen enough now! That said he is a tough kid and a good guy!

- - - Updated - - -

goat:offense.
injuries

hero: David decastro... like legitimate hero, for pinning down and laying on myles garrett so a rabid Pouncey couldnt get clean hits in. Lol focking Garett deserve that after his crazy shit!

Mojouw
11-15-2019, 01:03 AM
Look. I like Mason. He's easy to root for. But what is he good at? What has he got better at? For all the crap sent Fichtner's way, what can he call? What is Rudolph good at?

He's a good to even pretty good backup QB who just melted down when he was asked to carry the load. It's gonna look like this every week. Defenses will copy and paste the Browns plan until Mason forces someone to do something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelreserve
11-15-2019, 01:09 AM
Edmunds had 3 rushes for 11 yards, so a 3.7 average. BUT!!!!! He had a long of 9 yards! So, if you take out his long run . . . :chuckle: (Sorry SR, I just had to go there).

No, don't apologize! That's the most Parker stat line ever. Only with him, you'd multiply the total carries and yards by about 5, but replace the five 9-yard runs with a 30-yard run and four 1-yard runs.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-15-2019, 01:11 AM
Look. I like Mason. He's easy to root for. But what is he good at? What has he got better at? For all the crap sent Fichtner's way, what can he call? What is Rudolph good at?

He's a good to even pretty good backup QB who just melted down when he was asked to carry the load. It's gonna look like this every week. Defenses will copy and paste the Browns plan until Mason forces someone to do something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Mason got exposed tonight and shouldn't be a NFL starter. Kid is tough as nails though but takes more then that to play QB.

86WARD
11-15-2019, 05:19 AM
GoaTs:

- Offensive Line - this unit continually keeps getting dominates at the LOS whether it’s 3, 4, 5, 6 rushing. They are constantly in Rudolph’s face. If this were Ben back there, he’d be sacked every other play. There’s zero push when it comes to the run blocking. Pounces snaps are still an issue at times. All around, pretty terrible as a unit.

- Fichtner - the blocking schemes on offense need to be addressed because they aren’t working very well. The play calling is subpar and frankly the plays are blah...they look like high school plays. Terrible.

- Rudolph - I’ll give him a little leeway because it’s not easy throwing when AVs ass is constantly in your chest. But his throws in general are constantly off target, high, behind, low, too short, too far...you pick it. The O-Line isn’t helping but at the same time, even when the pocket is clean, his throws aren’t great. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a QB not be able to finish his throwing motion more than Rudolph this season. It’s becoming clearer and clearer that Rudolph isn’t cut out for these reindeer games. He’s an NFL caliber back-up. He’s a guy that can come in and manage the game, keep,the team afloat and go .500 or better. That’s what he’s good at. He’s not a starter...not yet at least...

- Holton - another WR that just can’t catch.

GAME BALLS:

- TJ Watt - Just one. How this guy keeps that motor going for 60 minutes the way he does is pretty incredible. He has one level!

teegre
11-15-2019, 06:41 AM
Mark Barron is back. He was in great position to deflect that TD, but he has zero ball awareness. I’m pretty sure he was responsible for a few third-down conversions.

Rudolph looked bad. That said, he was playing with Washington as his #1 and Holton as his #2.

Holton was interfered with on two deep passes. Plus, he had three other drops. How different is that game if he catches even one of those???

The O-line seems confused at times. Garrett is a force; so, one cannot really blame AV. The Steelers should have given AV some help.

Trey Edmunds (RB) cannot block. Like... not at all.

tube517
11-15-2019, 07:09 AM
Pouncey's been off this year. Maybe no Ben and Munch is gone but he hasn't been playing to his normal level.

Even his kicking of Garrett missed and hit his own teammate.

AV also has been subpar. Garrett is the boogeyman for AV. Hasn't done well at all vs the Helmet Clobberer.

Foster has been looking his age this year.

DesertSteel
11-15-2019, 07:31 AM
In the interests of redundancy, Rudy and the OL sucked and looked like they’d never win another game. That cast of receivers also sucked. Embarrassing loss.

AtlantaDan
11-15-2019, 08:26 AM
Only hero on offense was Ben rocking his franchise QB in exile look

Steelers fans got a clear look at how bad it can get post-franchise QB for a team - bad flashbacks to the mid to late 80s Steelers offense last night

Mojouw
11-15-2019, 09:13 AM
It is not the blocking schemes or the play calls that are causing the implosion of the running game and the lack of pass protection. It is the ability of a talented NFL defense to say, screw it. We are going Cover 0 or darn close almost every play. We don't think your garbage QB and trash WRs can do enough to hurt us. Then they can just throw 4-6 at the offensive line every down. Guys are going to get through when that happens. Plus the o-line looks worth because I do not think Edmunds successfully pass protected at all last night. Vannett Jesse James'd a few blocks AND Rudolph has not a clue how to move and avoid pass rushers. The sad part is that he tries, he just sucks at it.

It all works together to LOOK like offensive line suddenly can't block at all and the playcalls are bush league. But it was the lack of credible WRs for 1/2 the game and Rudolph's inability to do anything useful.

steel striker
11-15-2019, 11:47 AM
Plenty of bad to go around last night oline, and, Mason was god awful Mark Baron should have had pick on Browns last TD. With all as bad as the offense played last night there were still plays to be down field guys were getting open. Still the defense kept them in the game last night.

Steeldude
11-15-2019, 12:52 PM
The O-line misses Munchak.

The Steelers need a TE, OLB, QB and LT.

86WARD
11-15-2019, 01:16 PM
It is not the blocking schemes or the play calls that are causing the implosion of the running game and the lack of pass protection. It is the ability of a talented NFL defense to say, screw it. We are going Cover 0 or darn close almost every play. We don't think your garbage QB and trash WRs can do enough to hurt us. Then they can just throw 4-6 at the offensive line every down. Guys are going to get through when that happens. Plus the o-line looks worth because I do not think Edmunds successfully pass protected at all last night. Vannett Jesse James'd a few blocks AND Rudolph has not a clue how to move and avoid pass rushers. The sad part is that he tries, he just sucks at it.

It all works together to LOOK like offensive line suddenly can't block at all and the playcalls are bush league. But it was the lack of credible WRs for 1/2 the game and Rudolph's inability to do anything useful.

Play calling and blocking are indeed a problem If it keeps occurring week in and week out. it’s a recurring problem and needs to be altered. If they aren’t altering the blocking or the play calling or not recognizing what the defense is bringing, it’s an issue. It goes back to putting the players in a position to succeed. Some of these plays aren’t even cover zero defense. There are plays where only three are rushing. Of course some of them are just great defensive players but others it’s just poor blocking.

Mojouw
11-15-2019, 01:39 PM
Play calling and blocking are indeed a problem If it keeps occurring week in and week out. it’s a recurring problem and needs to be altered. If they aren’t altering the blocking or the play calling or not recognizing what the defense is bringing, it’s an issue. It goes back to putting the players in a position to succeed. Some of these plays aren’t even cover zero defense. There are plays where only three are rushing. Of course some of them are just great defensive players but others it’s just poor blocking.

Guys are being put in a position to succeed. And Mason Rudolph sucks so bad that the whole thing flies apart. I don't care what you call and what schemes you put in place, if your QB is consistently late with his reads, has comically bad ball placement, almost zero pocket presence, and a tendency to stare down his targets -- it just isn't going to work. Guys were open all game last night and Rudolph couldn't get it there. Both failed 4th downs had open players that a competent NFL QB has to hit.

Trey Edmunds and Samuels made awful decisions and execution in pass protection. The TEs were poor at blocking on the edges. But it ALL goes back to the idea that none of that matters if your QB can not reliably execute a fundamental offense at an NFL level. Mason Rudolph is not able to do that unless everything goes absolutely perfect.

Honestly, at this point, I am seriously wondering why not Paxton Lynch? I think he has far better physical tools than Rudolph. You have 10 days until the next game...like could it be worse?

86WARD
11-15-2019, 01:43 PM
At times they are. Other times they are just not. When you have 8 guys in the box and only 5-6 guys in to protect...it’s not gonna work. Hell...it’s not working when there’s 5 in to protect and 3 rushing.

I really don’t think anyone here in their assessment of what is happening is wrong. Pretty much a little bit of what everyone is viewing, interpreting, frustrated over, tired of seeing, whatever is a little bit accurate with much more involved.

What really looks like happened is that the communication breakdown that was occurring in defense is now occurring on offense and vice versa.

Mojouw
11-15-2019, 02:02 PM
I can see all that. But I can't be dissuaded that it all starts with terrible QB play. Then it snowballs. You can't call what you need to on offense against what the defense is doing, because your QB can't or won't execute it. The extra few seconds he dinks around in the pocket are where some of the sacks come from. He also gets too much depth on some of his dropbacks, meaning Rudolph is not where the OTs expect him to be, so they push rushers into him.

Fichtner and company dialed up several great calls to exploit the gambles that the Browns were taking on defense and Mason and Holton couldn't make them pay.

The team isn't that good of a rushing attack to begin with, but when an NFL defense simply giggles at your passing game, you aren't running it at all.

Mason Rudolph is not a starting QB in the NFL. Full stop. Now we can argue that he had no supporting cast last night (fair and true) and that Fichtner is not the OC to try and turn chicken shit into chicken salad (also fair and true). But Rudolph is simply not good enough. Unfortunately, Arians no longer works for the Steelers. He might be one of the few guys who could cobble something together that made Rudolph look good.

AtlantaDan
11-15-2019, 02:17 PM
Mason Rudolph is not a starting QB in the NFL. Full stop. Now we can argue that he had no supporting cast last night (fair and true) and that Fichtner is not the OC to try and turn chicken shit into chicken salad (also fair and true). But Rudolph is simply not good enough. Unfortunately, Arians no longer works for the Steelers. He might be one of the few guys who could cobble something together that made Rudolph look good.

BA's deep drop and get the crap beat out of the QB passing offense would get someone as immobile as Mason knocked out for the season within a month

Posters here have commented on it and Aikman, who rarely criticizes anyone, pointed it out last night. Rudolph does not move well within the pocket and his footwork is a mess when he gets knocked off his spot.

Last night was like watching a golfer's swing fall apart under pressure or, to give a football example, how the mechanics of the 49ers temp kicker unraveled when he shanked the OT kick in the 49ers-Seahawks game this past Monday night

Mojouw
11-15-2019, 02:39 PM
BA's deep drop and get the crap beat out of the QB passing offense would get someone as immobile as Mason knocked out for the season within a month

Posters here have commented on it and Aikman, who rarely criticizes anyone, pointed it out last night. Rudolph does not move well within the pocket and his footwork is a mess when he gets knocked off his spot.

Last night was like watching a golfer's swing fall apart under pressure or, to give a football example, how the mechanics of the 49ers temp kicker unraveled when he shanked the OT kick in the 49ers-Seahawks game this past Monday night

All too true. But Arians also coaxed a 4000+ yard season out of Kelly Holcomb once upon a time.

At the NFL level, you have to be able to throw from a collapsing pocket and be able to get moved off your spot and reset to another launch point. Rudolph can not do either of those things. Combine those with his other sins, and it is going to go wrong.

Mojouw
11-15-2019, 02:48 PM
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/11/film-room-mason-rudolph-fails-to-make-crucial-4th-down-play/

Work your way through that.

Play Call - checks out. Wide open WR. Rudolph takes forever to decide to get him the ball.
Blocking - not amazing but acceptable in the NFL. Rudolph wanders into pressure more than anything else. He needs to climb up and towards Decastro not fall back and away towards AV - who I THINK was figuring he had pushed the pass rusher away from where his QB would/should be. I'm no QB coach and I could be wrong, but he looked like he walked OUT of the pocket instead of climbing into one.
Throw and Ball Placement - absolutely comically bad. Assume 92 doesn't bat it down. It looks like it will be behind Holton and around his knees.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-15-2019, 03:31 PM
Only hero on offense was Ben rocking his franchise QB in exile look

Steelers fans got a clear look at how bad it can get post-franchise QB for a team - bad flashbacks to the mid to late 80s Steelers offense last night

:rofl: Completely looks like Burgandy. Maybe drinking milk was a bad choice?

st33lersguy
11-15-2019, 03:51 PM
People say put Hodges in but I doubt he would do any better. He struggled to complete a pass beyond 10 yards when I saw him and I doubt he would be able to do anything with this shit O-line and shit WRs. And because people were discussing it in the game thread, Kaep won't help either. He needs superior supporting cast surrounding him just to look decent

steelcityboyz
11-15-2019, 04:01 PM
Right now I'd even settle for Brian Hoyer.

Edman
11-16-2019, 02:28 AM
I can see all that. But I can't be dissuaded that it all starts with terrible QB play. Then it snowballs. You can't call what you need to on offense against what the defense is doing, because your QB can't or won't execute it. The extra few seconds he dinks around in the pocket are where some of the sacks come from. He also gets too much depth on some of his dropbacks, meaning Rudolph is not where the OTs expect him to be, so they push rushers into him.

Fichtner and company dialed up several great calls to exploit the gambles that the Browns were taking on defense and Mason and Holton couldn't make them pay.

The team isn't that good of a rushing attack to begin with, but when an NFL defense simply giggles at your passing game, you aren't running it at all.

Arians nearly destroyed Ben and got Andrew Luck's butt kicked early on his career that eventually caught up with him later. The Steelers had to fire Arians for nearly murdering Ben. The fact that you would even go there especially considering Mason's issues is weird.

Mason Rudolph isn't a Starter in the NFL, that's why he isn't starting. He's a backup thrust into a starting role in a fundamentally flawed and broken Offense strapped together with duct tape and string with no dedicated QB coach. We can analyze the playcalls as much as we want, but when our Starting QB is having the exact same issues dating back to last season. We can blame the backup for so much. Mason's issues, is that he isn't...good.

Fichtner's Offense is not a system built on letting players succeed. It's built on the premise of placating Ben R and doing what he wants. Everyone just runs routes and Ben fires from Shotgun. Its no coincidence that he led the league in interceptions in this offense last season. Antonio Brown masked the flaws of Fichtner's poor Foundation by simply beating the guy across from him and opening things up for everyone else. When AB left, Ben was just as bad if not horrible as Mason making reads and ball placement in Fichtner's Offense. The Offense in of itself, is a joke. It's not an NFL Offense. Take Ben out of the picture, and place an inferior QB with even worse mechanics like sloppy footwork and lack of mobility, and we get last night.

Mason is doing as much as he can with what little he's got. Unfortunately. What he has just isn't good enough to elevate the team around him and make this offense look decent. The only answer the Steelers have right now isn't Hodges. It's on Mason simply learning from his debacle, growing a set and developing years of NFL experience over the course of a week. Mason has to grow up overnight. No dude, you can't hold onto the ball forever.

Until that happens, expect games like Thursday to play out over the course of the rest of the season.

Craic
11-16-2019, 02:48 AM
Arians nearly destroyed Ben and got Andrew Luck's butt kicked early on his career that eventually caught up with him later.

Talk about cherrypicking to make an argument. Let's take a step back here and look at his body of work.

98-00. Colts. Peyton Manning's first three seasons. 4,413 yards as a league leader in 2000 and two probowls while Arians was there.
Becomes OC in 2007 Steelers. First probowl that year. 32 TDs, 11 Ints (Previous year, 23 Ints). He didn't almost get Ben killed. It could be argued (and has been by a few) that he saved Ben's career.
Andrew Luck, Colts 2012. Andrew Luck goes to probowl with 4374 yards a a rookie and a 11-5 record.
Carson Palmer. Struggled as QB ever since his knee injury. Goes to Arians in Arizona. has his best season every. 4600 yards, 35 TDs 104.6 passer rating.

Say what you will about him. Arians knows how to coach QBs.

teegre
11-16-2019, 06:55 AM
Talk about cherrypicking to make an argument. Let's take a step back here and look at his body of work.

98-00. Colts. Peyton Manning's first three seasons. 4,413 yards as a league leader in 2000 and two probowls while Arians was there.
Becomes OC in 2007 Steelers. First probowl that year. 32 TDs, 11 Ints (Previous year, 23 Ints). He didn't almost get Ben killed. It could be argued (and has been by a few) that he saved Ben's career.
Andrew Luck, Colts 2012. Andrew Luck goes to probowl with 4374 yards a a rookie and a 11-5 record.
Carson Palmer. Struggled as QB ever since his knee injury. Goes to Arians in Arizona. has his best season every. 4600 yards, 35 TDs 104.6 passer rating.

Say what you will about him. Arians knows how to coach QBs.

I disagree. Luck is out of the league, because Arians get him killed.

It like this:

No protection, pass completed for a TD, Luck picks himself up off of the grass, Luck takes a shot of Toradol and rests on the sideline. Repeat.

AtlantaDan
11-16-2019, 10:49 AM
I disagree. Luck is out of the league, because Arians get him killed.

It like this:

No protection, pass completed for a TD, Luck picks himself up off of the grass, Luck takes a shot of Toradol and rests on the sideline. Repeat.

Yep - short term gain long term pain for a QB in the BA system - after 5 years AJRII had seen enough of Ben getting the crap knocked out of him after the 2011 season

Because Arians is relentless in his aim to put pressure on opposing defenses, he regularly uses five-step drops to give his quarterback better sightlines and to buy more time for his receivers to run downfield. Palmer ranked sixth in the league in five-step drops and second in passes of 10-plus air yards from 2015 through '16. And the success was evident: The signal-caller was a legitimate MVP candidate in 2015 (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000612792/article/cam-newton-carson-palmer-top-list-of-mvp-candidates), as the Cardinals (http://www.nfl.com/teams/arizonacardinals/profile?team=ARI) boasted the NFL's top-ranked offense and earned a trip to the NFC Championship Game.

But there's a painful flipside to Arians' system. Because it often exchanges pass protectors for additional route runners, it also requires the five guys up front to win one-on-one battles. This approach works well when you have quick-hitting route concepts or a rock-solid offensive line. However, we know short passes are anathema to the Kangol-wearing coach, and the offensive lines he had in Indy and Arizona were questionable at best -- a truth that's certainly not lost on Luck or Palmer. The recently retired Colts (http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/profile?team=IND) QB had 45 more dropbacks under pressure than the next-closest passer in 2012, when Arians served as interim head coach. Similarly, the Cardinals (http://www.nfl.com/teams/arizonacardinals/profile?team=ARI) veteran was hit more in 60 games under B.A. than in 122 total games with the Bengals (http://www.nfl.com/teams/cincinnatibengals/profile?team=CIN) and Raiders (http://www.nfl.com/teams/oaklandraiders/profile?team=OAK) (400 hits to 398). His sacks-per-game figure also soared in Arizona, increasing from 1.7 during his nine-year run in Cincinnati and Oakland to 2.3 in his five seasons in the desert.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045780/article/bruce-ariansjameis-winston-marriage-all-its-cracked-up-to-be

Mojouw
11-16-2019, 11:52 AM
No denying that Arians will get his QB hit. No risk it no biscuit is his motto. Martz got his QB lit up as well.

All I'm saying is if you want to point to a coach that can take a random QB and produce piles of yards and points, Arians can and has done that.

NCSteeler
11-16-2019, 07:45 PM
The O-line misses Munchak.

The Steelers need a TE, OLB, QB and LT.And a WR

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

NCSteeler
11-16-2019, 07:48 PM

Last night was like watching a golfer's swing fall apart under pressure or, to give a football example, how the mechanics of the 49ers temp kicker unraveled when he shanked the OT kick in the 49ers-Seahawks game this past Monday nightHe could benefit from a real QB coach. How can a team draft a young guy, then we pick him apart because he has lousy mechanics and pocket presence. And the damn team is too stubborn to get him a coach.

NCSteeler
11-16-2019, 07:51 PM
Right now I'd even settle for Brian Hoyer.But would you settle for Paxton Lynch? At this point I'd give him a shot. Season is lost its time to IR everyone with a hang nail and see what we got in the bottom of the roster. But I know Tomlin will fight to the bitter end to get that .500 season

steelcityboyz
11-16-2019, 08:47 PM
But would you settle for Paxton Lynch? At this point I'd give him a shot. Season is lost its time to IR everyone with a hang nail and see what we got in the bottom of the roster. But I know Tomlin will fight to the bitter end to get that .500 season

Sent from my moto x4 using TapatalkI'm with you. I like Rudy but IMO he doesn't have what it takes to be a NFL Qb. I'd start Paxton what have we got to lose at this point?

st33lersguy
11-17-2019, 02:29 PM
He could benefit from a real QB coach. How can a team draft a young guy, then we pick him apart because he has lousy mechanics and pocket presence. And the damn team is too stubborn to get him a coach.

Agreed, they need someone other than the OC pulling double duty as QB coach

Shoes
11-17-2019, 03:21 PM
I'm with you. I like Rudy but IMO he doesn't have what it takes to be a NFL Qb. I'd start Paxton what have we got to lose at this point?
Not going to happen. They will play Mason the entire season unless he gets injured and they should.

NCSteeler
11-17-2019, 03:22 PM
[/B]
Not going to happenNo Tomlin will put it all on the line to end up .500, instead of seeing what the bottom of this roster has got to offer. Shirt term non Sense

Shoes
11-17-2019, 03:27 PM
No Tomlin will put it all on the line to end up .500, instead of seeing what the bottom of this roster has got to offer. Shirt term non Sense

They have to let Mason play the season out. I still think he can turn his play around. There is a lot of Mason hate here by the film trust section, but they have been wrong before

Mojouw
11-17-2019, 03:41 PM
They have to let Mason play the season out. I still think he can turn his play around. There is a lot of Mason hate here by the film trust section, but they have been wrong before

I agree that Mason gets the rest of the season. Just curious, what is your cause for optimism with Rudolph? Just the idea that he has played so few games? Or is it something you see when he plays?

Edman
11-17-2019, 03:51 PM
Sam "Ghosts" Darnold who hurled up a horrendous performance on National TV and handed the Dolphins their first win just two weeks ago is currently throttling the Redskins with four touchdown passes.

What does it mean for Mason? Nothing.

Mason isn't particularly good now, but we can't truly gauge how good he is until we throw him into some adversity and see how he responds. We complained that the Steelers were protecting him too much. The Offense opened up and he's got his big embarrassing "exposure" game. If Mason doesn't show a response to Thursday Night. Then it can be proven that he isn't cut for the NFL.

Shoes
11-17-2019, 04:00 PM
I agree that Mason gets the rest of the season. Just curious, what is your cause for optimism with Rudolph? Just the idea that he has played so few games? Or is it something you see when he plays?

A gut feeling. He's a perfectionist to a fault, he needs time to sort out what is and isn't going to work and I think some of that will depend on how well he and Ficht get on. If he doesn't make a starting QB, he'll be a good backup so the remaining games are necessary. Mason has an overload of grit, it's not common for a person to fail when they are put together that way. He'll do what he has to do to make it. While his play hasn't been good the oline and haggard WR corps aren't helping.

Mojouw
11-17-2019, 04:16 PM
A gut feeling. He's a perfectionist to a fault, he needs time to sort out what is and isn't going to work and I think some of that will depend on how well he and Ficht get on. If he doesn't make a starting QB, he'll be a good backup so the remaining games are necessary. Mason has an overload of grit, it's not common for a person to fail when they are put together that way. He'll do what he has to do to make it. While his play hasn't been good the oline and haggard WR corps aren't helping.

Sure hope you are right.

Moose
11-17-2019, 07:27 PM
As terrible as these two teams were, the Black/Gold was worse. Score could've been easily 40+ to O !!

Butch
11-17-2019, 08:11 PM
As terrible as these two teams were, the Black/Gold was worse. Score could've been easily 40+ to O !!
Well considering they took out Juju early and then Dionte Johnson who was left? Add to that Conner went out and we don't have a whole lotta depth behind him. What is left to say?

86WARD
11-18-2019, 05:21 AM
Just a random thought...

Imagine the amount of money Kareem Hunt lost by signing with the Browns. If he would’ve waited until his suspension was over to sign with a team, he’d have possibly had plenty of suitors...Steelers, Eagles, Dolphins, Cardinals, Bills, Redskins, Lions, Texans...pretty healthy list...

teegre
11-18-2019, 06:54 AM
Just a random thought...

Imagine the amount of money Kareem Hunt lost by kicking a woman who was laying, defenseless on the ground. If he would’ve waited until his suspension was over to sign with a team, he’d have possibly had plenty of suitors...Steelers, Eagles, Dolphins, Cardinals, Bills, Redskins, Lions, Texans...pretty healthy list...

Slight edit

(Note: I do get your point. It is a seller’s market.)

AtlantaDan
11-19-2019, 01:13 PM
Goats - You could probably just list them every week as a default entry, but Danny Smith and his kick return units

steel striker
11-19-2019, 02:52 PM
It seems for years the Steelers kick return teams are horrible and, even when they get a positive return there is always a penalty flag.