PDA

View Full Version : Browns Week

Rotorhead
11-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Well, short week after an upset/big win. Normally I would say “trap game” but this team feels different this year. The Browns are capable of being a good team, but it just isn’t clicking for them yet. If we can continue the pressure, slow the run, we should be able to get out of this with another W.

Good news is Conner is back and Foster should play as well. MR is improving, so if our WRs can stop dropping everything that hits them in the hands our streak can continue. Washington has a break out game, 1-2 more of those and JJSS should start seeing less doubles.

Fire Goodell
11-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Stop Chubb and the Browns offense isn't shit. Mayfield will cough up the ball if he keeps needing to throw. Steelers 27-Browns 13

DesertSteel
11-12-2019, 10:58 AM
Steelers 29-16

tube517
11-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Steelers come in at underdongs so that's even better.

Shoes
11-12-2019, 11:04 AM

If that doesn't piss off the Steelers nothing will. :chuckle:

Fire Goodell
11-12-2019, 11:13 AM

Dong wins are factored into the power rankings I guess :chuckle:

steel striker
11-12-2019, 11:15 AM
I like the Steelers chances here just like everybody post stop Chubb and, they have a good chance to get win #6. Tell the WR's to hold on to the ball!

Mojouw
11-12-2019, 11:27 AM
If the Browns can figure out how to block the Steelers pass rush, they have a staggering array of weapons on offense. Plus, now, Kareem Hunt. That is a lot to ask of the defense.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-12-2019, 11:35 AM
If the Browns can figure out how to block the Steelers pass rush, they have a staggering array of weapons on offense. Plus, now, Kareem Hunt. That is a lot to ask of the defense.

I agree. This browns team is no joke like the last 20 years. Have to get ahead early and take the crowd out of the game, plus some adversity might get Mayfield in a downward spiral performance.

In short, dial the controls on the Factory of Sadness into creating a Cleveland vortex of suck.

AtlantaDan
11-12-2019, 12:18 PM

They also have Freddie Kitchens calling the plays

Browns ran 8 plays near the Bills goal line, but (somehow) couldn’t score

First-and-goal: Odell Beckham Jr. draws pass interference on Jordan Poyer in the end zone.

First-and-goal: Nick Chubb loses a yard running behind right tackle.

Second-and-goal: Chubb gains a yard running behind right guard. This was the only play from the 2-yard line.
Third-and-goal: Beckham draws pass interference on Tre’Davious White in the end zone.

First-and-goal: Chubb runs for no gain behind right guard.
Second-and-goal: White knocks the ball from Beckham’s hands in the corner of the end zone.
Third-and-goal: Chubb runs for no gain behind left guard.
Fourth-and-goal: Chubb is tackled for a loss of 2 yards running behind right tackle

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/browns-ran-8-plays-from-the-bills-goal-line-but-somehow-couldnt-score.html

(https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/browns-ran-8-plays-from-the-bills-goal-line-but-somehow-couldnt-score.html)

(https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/browns-ran-8-plays-from-the-bills-goal-line-but-somehow-couldnt-score.html)

Edman
11-12-2019, 12:31 PM
The Browns are favored in this game and have superior talent than the Steelers on paper. They also have a lot more playmakers on both sides of the ball than the Steelers do. This is not a “trap” game in the slightest. The Steelers have been grinding out tough wins week after week.

Mason Rudolph is also facing his Big 12 nemesis in Baker Mayfield. Mayfield went in the first round of the 2018 draft, Mason went in the third. Mayfield also beat Rudolph in all of their head to head matchups. If that is all the more reason why the Steelers should show up for this game, there’s a good reason.

The Browns have been disappointing, but the Steelers haven’t been who they are either. They have no Ben, who has been Cleveland’s kryptonite. After beating the Bills, the Steelers look to be as vulnerable as ever. The Browns have hope that they will turn the tide against the Steelers in this matchup against their new quarterback and an anemic offense. This is Mason’s first real taste of AFC North division hostility on the road. The crowd will be alive and in it. Mason has been improving and getting better Week after week, but this is a big time test and he has to bring it this game. Cleveland isn’t the complete joke they have been previously.

Another slow start will be a disaster.

24-10 Browns.

Fire Goodell
11-12-2019, 12:57 PM
They also have Freddie Kitchens calling the plays

Browns ran 8 plays near the Bills goal line, but (somehow) couldn’t score

First-and-goal: Odell Beckham Jr. draws pass interference on Jordan Poyer in the end zone.

First-and-goal: Nick Chubb loses a yard running behind right tackle.

Second-and-goal: Chubb gains a yard running behind right guard. This was the only play from the 2-yard line.
Third-and-goal: Beckham draws pass interference on Tre’Davious White in the end zone.

First-and-goal: Chubb runs for no gain behind right guard.
Second-and-goal: White knocks the ball from Beckham’s hands in the corner of the end zone.
Third-and-goal: Chubb runs for no gain behind left guard.
Fourth-and-goal: Chubb is tackled for a loss of 2 yards running behind right tackle

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/browns-ran-8-plays-from-the-bills-goal-line-but-somehow-couldnt-score.html

The Steelers and the Bills are pretty much the same team. Great defense that keeps them in every single game, offense can't move the ball or score. Though Darnold does make a lot more mistakes than Rudolph.

Even though last game was ugly offensively, I think if the WRs help Mason out more, this actually can become a pretty good offense. Especially with Conner coming back. Jaylen Samuels has really disappointed me this year, Conner is clearly better. Jay is a 3rd down back, but I think is worse at running the ball than Conner and maybe even Snell.

HollywoodSteel
11-12-2019, 01:04 PM
The Steelers and the Bills are pretty much the same team. Great defense that keeps them in every single game, offense can't move the ball or score. Though Darnold does make a lot more mistakes than Rudolph.

Even though last game was ugly offensively, I think if the WRs help Mason out more, this actually can become a pretty good offense. Especially with Conner coming back. Jaylen Samuels has really disappointed me this year, Conner is clearly better. Jay is a 3rd down back, but I think is worse at running the ball than Conner and maybe even Snell.

Darnold is on the Jets. Did you actually mean Darnold and got the teams confused, or did you mean Allen?

I haven’t actually watched the Bills play this year so I’m not sure what their offensive issues are.

Shoes
11-12-2019, 01:04 PM
I agree. This browns team is no joke like the last 20 years. Have to get ahead early and take the crowd out of the game, plus some adversity might get Mayfield in a downward spiral performance.

In short, dial the controls on the Factory of Sadness into creating a Cleveland vortex of suck.

No question the Browns have more talent now then in the past but the media had them taking the AFC north and SB bound before training camp. It takes more than talent to be a winner.

HollywoodSteel
11-12-2019, 01:12 PM
As others have said, I think we need to get ahead early and force Mayfield to throw. Then we can pin our ears back, get pressure, and force mistakes.

But if we let the Browns dictate the flow of the game with Chubb, we might be in trouble. We are not yet an offense that can simply outscore another offense, unless we get a LOT of help from our defense generating turnovers.

But I’ll say that Mason finally puts it together and the WRs don’t let him down.

Steelers 24 Browns 20

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-12-2019, 01:13 PM
No question the Browns have more talent now then in the past but the media had them taking the AFC north and SB bound before training camp. It takes more than talent to be a winner.

True, but if a bunch of skilled and talented guys like Beckham, Landry, Chubb, Hunt, Garrett, Olivier Vernon, Denzel Ward, Greedy Williams, Baker Mayfield, etc can play together for 3 hours on a Thursday, it can be tougher than when playing a bunch of scrubs and misfits in Cleveland like the past.

Shoes
11-12-2019, 01:26 PM
True, but if a bunch of skilled and talented guys like Beckham, Landry, Chubb, Hunt, Garrett, Olivier Vernon, Denzel Ward, Greedy Williams, Baker Mayfield, etc can play together for 3 hours on a Thursday, it can be tougher than when playing a bunch of scrubs and misfits in Cleveland like the past.

IDK, seems like the Steelers had their hands full when they had a bunch of scrubs & misfits, maybe this will be a cakewalk. :chuckle: All kidding aside I agree.

steel striker
11-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Going to be a tough game and, it's a pretty much a must win for the Browns. I still think the Steelers win this one.

Moose
11-12-2019, 03:06 PM
I'm not thinking this is gonna be a easy win at all. Excuse the pun, a real 'dog' fight. Hopefully our WRs can CATCH the ball and RBs can HOLD onto the ball. Hopefully our defense can actually wrap someone and TACKLE and no arm tackles. I think it will come down to stupid penalties and turnovers. Play disciplined.

Fire Goodell
11-12-2019, 03:10 PM
Going to be a tough game and, it's a pretty much a must win for the Browns. I still think the Steelers win this one.

Every division game is a must win. Also at 5-4 we're not really in a pretty position either. Must win for the Steelers too, I don't think they'll be overlooking the Brahns.

I don't know, I'm confident with this one, they have a lot of weapons on offense, but our defense has been looking "pretty good" lately :chuckle: They also escaped the LAR game without any significant injuries, and sounds like Conner is coming back.

DesertSteel
11-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Clearly, because in the ESPN power rankings both the Colts and the Rams, with the same 5-4 record and having just gotten beat by the Steelers, are ranked ahead of the Steelers. Those wins are [obviously] dong wins in the eyes of the rankers.

GoSlash27
11-12-2019, 06:31 PM
I don't think the 2019 Steelers are going to play down to inferior teams. This is the year of the "dong Lombardi" :D

st33lersguy
11-12-2019, 06:54 PM
They've been flying under the radar since Ben went down if not since they got whipped by the Pats, but now they are in playoff position and have expectations placed on them, I wonder how they will fare against a lesser team on the road.

HollywoodSteel
11-12-2019, 07:11 PM
I really hope they put the fact that the Browns are favorites on the Steelers’ bulletin board this week. If I were on the Steelers I’d want anyone who bet the Browns to go broke.

As far as I’m concerned, if we can’t beat the Browns in Cleveland, we need to stop any and all talk about Tomlin being coach of the year. The Browns have been outcoached by pretty much everyone. If that idiot Freddie Kitchens manages to out coach Tomlin and his band of idiot coordinators, I might finally be won over to the “fire Tomlin” camp.

This is gonna be the Browns Super Bowl. PREPARE FOR THAT! Make it our Super Bowl as well.

Everyone and their mother predicted the Browns would win this game. We absolutely can NOT allow those people to be right.

86WARD
11-12-2019, 09:05 PM
This is the Browns home Super Bowl on a short week. They’ll wind up winning 20-16.

tube517
11-13-2019, 12:35 PM

Steeler-in-west
11-13-2019, 12:47 PM
Can mayfield avoid our pass rush and complete passes on the run? Goff couldn’t. Haven’t seen much of the browns so I don’t know. with a 3-6 record he’s probably making a lot of mistakes

I see us winning a tight game if the team comes in focused.

tube517
11-13-2019, 12:49 PM

vasteeler
11-13-2019, 02:19 PM
I can't believe you guys are capitalizing the word browns...they don't deserve a capital b

Fire Goodell
11-13-2019, 03:11 PM
they're not the browns theyre the brahns

Rotorhead
11-13-2019, 07:02 PM
So who plays for Haden (you have to think it is serious for Haden to miss this game) Artie Burnt? That is not good against OBJ and Landry!

fansince'76
11-14-2019, 01:58 AM
Cornerback Joe Haden has an illness and is listed as questionable for the game against his former team at FirstEnergy Stadium.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-cb-joe-haden-listed-as-questionable-for-game-against-browns-due-to-illness/

Oh great - if Burns starts, you may as well just put 10 guys on the field on D for the entire night. I just hope Haden gets over his "illness," whatever it may be, by gametime.

86WARD
11-14-2019, 04:28 AM
If Burns plays, Steelers lose 27-16.

Butch
11-14-2019, 06:09 AM
https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-cb-joe-haden-listed-as-questionable-for-game-against-browns-due-to-illness/

Oh great - if Burns starts, you may as well just put 10 guys on the field on D for the entire night. I just hope Haden gets over his "illness," whatever it may be, by gametime.

And if not may he find his inner Dwight White who played in SB IX with the flu and had a pretty good game. Forced a fumble to get the 1st score of the game.

Born2Steel
11-14-2019, 07:26 AM
IF...Our offense doesn’t shoot their own foot off we should win this game. That means no fumbles, no INTs, no snaps over the QB’s head, and no drive killing penalties. Play sound fundamental football and the Steelers win this game. Here We GO!

Mojouw
11-14-2019, 08:30 AM
Ugggghhhhh. This game sucks. Browns are like 4 plays a week from making all that talent pay off.

Stopping Chubb and Hunt Is the key.

AtlantaDan
11-14-2019, 10:11 AM
P-G article linked below (could only embed 3 of the 5 videos in article under board posting restrictions)

Five of the weirdest games in Steelers-Browns history

A cold night in Cleveland (BA with the empty backfield on the opening drive on third and short:censored:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-cfy_r99wA#action=share

Blowout at Three Rivers Stadium
The one thing the Browns can always hold over the Steelers is the time on Sept. 10, 1989 — the opening day of the season — when they destroyed Pittsburgh 51-0 in Three Rivers Stadium. It’s still the worst loss in Steelers franchise history.

Terry Bradshaw gets knocked out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2TY0cKwdD4&feature=youtu.be

Fake 84 reverse for the win (love the 70s NFL highlights voiceover & music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAXQgoc4HXM&feature=youtu.be

A truly depressing tie (early warning signs of a bad 2018 with Boz missing a chip shot to win in regulation and Steelers failing to hold 4th quarter lead)
Sometimes, an NFL tie can indicate two teams were playing at the peak of their powers and both probably deserved to win. This Steelers-Browns tie on Sept. 9, 2018, was the polar opposite.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/11/14/steelers-browns-rivalry-most-memorable-games-2019/stories/201911120120

DesertSteel
11-14-2019, 10:20 AM
Interesting story about Rudy's and Mayfield's relationship. They went on spring break together in college.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28073359/baker-mayfield-mason-rudolph-bedlam-bromance-comes-afc-north

EzraTank
11-14-2019, 10:50 AM

I'm lost on the "Dong" reference. Can I get a Cliff Notes version of what this means?

EzraTank
11-14-2019, 10:59 AM
I'm going to say 20-13 win for the browns.

DesertSteel
11-14-2019, 11:29 AM
I'm lost on the "Dong" reference. Can I get a Cliff Notes version of what this means?
That’s a dong question.

DesertSteel
11-14-2019, 11:39 AM
My over/under for Mayfield picks/sacks:

Picks 2.5
Sacks 5.5

Are you going over or under?

PalmerSteel
11-14-2019, 11:47 AM
If Haden plays healthy, we win 23-17. If Haden does not play, we lose 24-23. He means that much to this game not only physically but mentally against his old team right now that are supposed to be 'good'.

Mach1
11-14-2019, 11:57 AM
I have a bed feeling about this game. Clowns 27-17 bad feeling.

Fire Goodell
11-14-2019, 11:58 AM

The cliff notes, a 'dong' anything is a result of great luck or ineptitude of the opponent more so than an actual positive play lol. Of course lately it's been bastardized into anything that's not spectacular is a dong play :chuckle:

ie - dong sacks are the result of a defender coming in unblocked, or blocked by an overmatched TE or RB

Historical reference: http://www.stillers.com/Article/View/c8d83695-7954-41a6-9288-d298169147be :chuckle:

JnK
11-14-2019, 12:23 PM
The cliff notes, a 'dong' anything is a result of great luck or ineptitude of the opponent more so than an actual positive play lol. Of course lately it's been bastardized into anything that's not spectacular is a dong play :chuckle:

ie - dong sacks are the result of a defender coming in unblocked, or blocked by an overmatched TE or RB

Historical reference: http://www.stillers.com/Article/View/c8d83695-7954-41a6-9288-d298169147be :chuckle:

Thanks for that explanation. I too have been somewhat in the dark regarding all the dong around here. Makes perfect sense now.

Edman
11-14-2019, 12:52 PM
A cold night in Cleveland (BA with the empty backfield on the opening drive on third and short

The early warning signs of Ben having a "best friend" at OC that unfortunately re-manifested itself with Randy Fichtner.

Bruce Arians was the original Ben "buddy" who put his friendship with Ben ahead of what was best for the team.

EzraTank
11-14-2019, 01:05 PM

Thanks. Now that has been explained I really hope it:

https://media.giphy.com/media/4yt8TwqdLsWK4/giphy.gif

tube517
11-14-2019, 01:49 PM
Tevin Jones signed to active roster. Don't know yet who was released.

Joe Haden expected to play tonight.

Born2Steel
11-14-2019, 02:19 PM
Probably no Switzer tonight(back issues?). Let’s GO Tevin Jones!

HollywoodSteel
11-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Thanks for that explanation. I too have been somewhat in the dark regarding all the dong around here. Makes perfect sense now.

But also keep in mind that it’s become something of a joke around here, as kind of an ironic response to fans calling everything Bud Dupree does as “dong” plays.

The dong report is mostly sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

I suspected that Haden had nothing more than a dong injury. :)

HollywoodSteel
11-14-2019, 02:45 PM

They put Switzer and Nix on IR, opening two roster spots. They also resigned Elliot to the active 53.

Shoes
11-14-2019, 03:27 PM
I think it's time to move on from nix and switzer. Nix just can't stay healthy.

Fire Goodell
11-14-2019, 04:56 PM
I think it's time to move on from nix and switzer. Nix just can't stay healthy.

Confirmed both on IR now.

NCSteeler
11-14-2019, 05:25 PM
Last one I saw in person might have been 2007 Joshua Cribbs returned a kick from the impossible coffin corner one yardline. It was back and forth all day

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

43Hitman
11-14-2019, 05:40 PM
Last one I saw in person might have been 2007 Joshua Cribbs returned a kick from the impossible coffin corner one yardline. It was back and forth all day

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

That was a Thursday night game too if I remember correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

My score for tonight:

Steel City Bad Asses- 20

Clowns- 10

pczach
11-14-2019, 05:49 PM
I have a bed feeling about this game. Clowns 27-17 bad feeling.

You always have a bad feeling about games.... :chuckle:

43Hitman
11-14-2019, 05:51 PM
You always have a bad feeling about games.... :chuckle:

He lives in his fears.:tomlinism:

pczach
11-14-2019, 05:55 PM
He lives in his fears.:tomlinism:

His fears are below the line. :tomlinism:

AtlantaDan
11-14-2019, 06:04 PM

Chuks goes from starting to inactive

Bluecoat96
11-14-2019, 06:14 PM
https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi/status/1195131753440124928?s=19

Ooh... I bet the Steelers are super duper intimidated now!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Mojouw
11-14-2019, 06:20 PM
I too have a bad feeling....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fire Goodell
11-14-2019, 06:21 PM
FFS peple have faith, it's the midseason, about that time where the good teams separate from the bad ones

HollywoodSteel
11-14-2019, 06:41 PM
FFS peple have faith, it's the midseason, about that time where the good teams separate from the bad ones

That can be interpreted in more than one way. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

I too have a bad feeling....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t make me more nervous than I am.

This is one I REALLY wish we had Ben for. He tends not to lose in Cleveland.

Shoes
11-14-2019, 06:49 PM
Steelers win this one. 27-20

Fire Goodell
11-14-2019, 06:51 PM
Don’t make me more nervous than I am.

This is one I REALLY wish we had Ben for. He tends not to lose in Cleveland.

If only we kept Landry Jones, undefeated vs the Brahns :wink02:

But that would have mean lose vs everyone else, Steelers would be 0-9 going into this game :chuckle:

HollywoodSteel
11-14-2019, 07:10 PM
If only we kept Landry Jones, undefeated vs the Brahns :wink02:

But that would have mean lose vs everyone else, Steelers would be 0-9 going into this game :chuckle:

I’m thinking there are a lot of former Steelers who are undefeated against the Browns.

Has Ben lost in Cleveland? I know he tied last year, but has he ever lost?

Bluecoat96
11-14-2019, 07:12 PM
I’m thinking there are a lot of former Steelers who are undefeated against the Browns.

Has Ben lost in Cleveland? I know he tied last year, but has he ever lost?2009 I believe. It was a masterful example of Bruce Arians' outsmarting himself.

86WARD
11-14-2019, 07:13 PM
2009 I believe. It was a masterful example of Bruce Arians' outsmarting himself.

I think he’s only lost a few times in Ohio and I believe he’s the winningest QB at Cleveland’s stadium...

st33lersguy
11-14-2019, 08:00 PM
3/12 on short yardage is an embarassment

- - - Updated - - -

Has Ben lost in Cleveland? I know he tied last year, but has he ever lost?

He lost 2x, 2009 and a lopsided loss in 2014