PDA

View Full Version : Veteran linebackers Farrior, Lewis two of a kind

stillers4me
09-30-2010, 05:24 AM
By: Mike Bires

Beaver County Times
Thursday September 30, 2010 12:11 AM

PITTSBURGH — Their styles may be polar opposites, but Ray Lewis and James Farrior still share much in common.

They’re inside linebackers who can still make plays even at age 35.

They’re spiritual leaders and captains for two of the stingiest defenses in the National Football League.

And they love when their teams get together in one of the most intense rivalries in pro sports. On Sunday, Lewis will lead the charge for the Baltimore Ravens (2-1) while Farrior will try to help the Pittsburgh Steelers improve to 4-0 for the first time since 1979.

“Just two old warriors,” said Farrior, a quiet, laid-back guy off the field but a terror on it. .........................

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2010/september/30/veteran-linebackers-farrior-lewis-two-of-a-kind.html

HometownGal
09-30-2010, 07:08 AM
I am not overly fond of Stabbit Ray, but I have mad respect for him as a player, as he is one of the best ILB's to have ever played the game (though it makes me throw up in my mouth a bit to say it. :heh:)

Potsie has brought a lot of years of hard-nosed kick ass play to the Steelers D and his wheels seem to never stop spinning on that field which is A-OK with me! :applaudit: He is somewhat of a silent leader in the LR where Ray Ray is more animated. Both of them have tremendous value to their respective teams and I hope Potsie is still bringing it heavy and hard for years to come. :tt02: