PDA

View Full Version : Steelers, Ravens quiet so far this week

Galax Steeler
09-30-2010, 03:25 AM
It's a good thing Steelers coach Mike Tomlin reminded everyone that the twice, sometimes thrice annual games against the Ravens represent "the best rivalry in the National Football League." Otherwise, someone might mistake the atmosphere surrounding the game this week for "Joanie Loves Chachi."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10273/1091468-66.stm#ixzz11017dY21

HometownGal
09-30-2010, 07:25 AM
I think most of the vets on both teams are beyond the pre-game spit spewing and will take their heated rivalry onto the field and kick the living tar out of each other which has always been the norm in Steelers/Rats matchups and what makes these games so exciting. :thumbsup:

I'm sure the hot tubs in both LR's will be seeing a lot of use after Sunday's game.

SteelerSal
09-30-2010, 08:26 AM
I think most of the vets on both teams are beyond the pre-game spit spewing and will take their heated rivalry onto the field and kick the living tar out of each other which has always been the norm in Steelers/Rats matchups and what makes these games so exciting. :thumbsup:

I'm sure the hot tubs in both LR's will be seeing a lot of use after Sunday's game.

You got that right, especially with the players knowing that they have a bye after this week for extra heal time.
They won't be holding any hard hits back, Sunday. :tt03:

BigNastyDefense
09-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Even with all the dislike between these two teams, there is still a boatload of respect.

Ray Lewis, even though I hate him, he is one helluva football player. Haloti Ngata is a great player. Ed Reed is the second best safety in the NFL (behind Troy, and I am so happy we don't have to face Reed sans Big Ben).

I also think Harbaugh doesn't want to give the Steelers defense any extra motivation. He knows that the Steelers defense is playing as good (if not better) than the 2008 defense that beat the Ravens three times. They are feeding off of the perception that without Ben the Steelers would be 1-3 at best after this four game stretch. I don't think he wants to see Flacco obliterated (which is going to happen, no matter what the Ravens do or don't say).

The Steelers aren't know for doing much talking leading up to the game. Every once-in-a-while something will be said. I am sure someone will be asked how they feel about the Ravens and they will say that they hate them, and then that will be all over the papers and internet. Or asked who will win, the player will say the Steelers, and that will get blown out of proportion. But they will talk on the field, with their play and somewhat with their mouths.

One thing is for sure, this game will be hard hitting. Pittsburgh-Baltimore always is.

Crow-Magnon
09-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Bart Scott is now a Jet.

And Ochostinko and T.O. are Bungles.

Therefore, no trash talkin'. All the "words" that need be said will be said on the field starting at 1:00 PM EDT.

SMR
09-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Bart Scott is now a Jet.

And Ochostinko and T.O. are Bungles.

Therefore, no trash talkin'. All the "words" that need be said will be said on the field starting at 1:00 PM EDT.

Well said! :drink:

st33lersguy
09-30-2010, 07:00 PM
These two teams aren't known for their trashtalk they are known for all-business on the field and most of the veterans know what this rivalry is all about

SMR
09-30-2010, 07:16 PM
These two teams aren't known for their trashtalk they are known for all-business on the field and most of the veterans know what this rivalry is all about

Dat's right! That's what REAL teams do; on the field, not off it.