PDA

View Full Version : If Conner is broken...

Mojouw
10-28-2019, 11:35 PM
...who do they bring in?

Jay Ajayi?
CJ Anderson?
An unknown?

No one and roll with Samuels and Edmunds?

Tuzar Skipper?

Fire Goodell
10-28-2019, 11:40 PM
Fitzgerald Toussaint or Chad Spann :chuckle:

Mojouw
10-28-2019, 11:41 PM
Fitzgerald Toussaint or Chad Spann :chuckle:

French Cafe!!!

Craic
10-28-2019, 11:59 PM
Trade for Kuhn's rights! Lure him out of retirement!

Fire Goodell
10-29-2019, 12:14 AM
In all seriousness Ajayi might be worth kicking the tires. He was playing at a high level before the injury

Method28
10-29-2019, 12:14 AM
I'd probably trade Hodges for Ricky Waters...what do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DesertSteel
10-29-2019, 12:17 AM
LeGarrette Blount

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
10-29-2019, 12:24 AM
Sucks Conner was being a beast in the last two games. His style though he will always be injury prone. Out of the list I would go with CJ.

86WARD
10-29-2019, 05:26 AM
I could see them possibly signing Ajayi if Conner is done. I think it’s more likely that they would sign an Alex Collins/Theo Riddick/Zach Zenner type.

86WARD
10-29-2019, 05:28 AM
Ramon Foster is in concussion protocol.

teegre
10-29-2019, 07:02 AM
Fingers crossed that Samuels returns ASAP.

Born2Steel
10-29-2019, 07:45 AM
Nix, Samuels, Snell. Edmunds gets a helmet to backup/cleanup.

EzraTank
10-29-2019, 09:58 AM
The weird thing is Conner didn't even get hit hard or fall hard when he injured himself. The guy is tough mentally but very soft physically. It seems like he's hurt after every game.

smokin3000gt
10-29-2019, 10:02 AM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/716/1962/1600/duce.0.jpg

Rotorhead
10-29-2019, 10:05 AM
The weird thing is Conner didn't even get hit hard or fall hard when he injured himself. The guy is tough mentally but very soft physically. It seems like he's hurt after every game.

I think the 300+lb lineman landing on him helped that injury.

EzraTank
10-29-2019, 10:08 AM
I think the 300+lb lineman landing on him helped that injury.

Did one? Maybe I'm thinking of another play but it looks like he just fell and hit the ground with his shoulder.

Rotorhead
10-29-2019, 11:28 AM
Did one? Maybe I'm thinking of another play but it looks like he just fell and hit the ground with his shoulder.

I think it was when he was tackled by the DL and the guy put all his weight on him during the fall, regardless, at least it is an AC and not a clavicle.

pczach
10-29-2019, 12:37 PM
It's being reported on CBS Sports Radio that the Jets are actively shopping LeVeon Bell.....

HollywoodSteel
10-29-2019, 12:56 PM
LeGarrette Blount

I can’t even find humor in that one.

Blount is possibly at the top of my all time shit list. Yes, AB was bad, but I think he’s got legit mental issues. Blount’s crime against the Steelers was just unforgivable.

He walked out on his team during a game where he was our #2 RB. They had to feed the ball to Bell over and over at the end of that game and I was really worried about him getting killed.

Plus we KNOW Blount had a nod/wink deal with the Patriots so he knew he had a landing spot when he got cut. He pretty much ADMITTED it! He should have been banned from football for that and the Patriots should have been punished as well.

I will forever hate LeGarrette Blount.

Shoes
10-29-2019, 01:18 PM
It's being reported on CBS Sports Radio that the Jets are actively shopping LeVeon Bell.....

It doesn't hurt to listen. The Bell, Brown, Steeler divorce didn't benefit any of them.

86WARD
10-29-2019, 01:21 PM

$13 million of the $13.5 million guaranteed next season. After that, you can cut him.

I wouldn’t be horribly upset if they traded for him and got some money from the Jets as well.

FrancoLambert
10-29-2019, 01:23 PM
I’d look at Ajayi if he’s fully healthy.

86WARD
10-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Conner reportedly has an AC Joint Sprain. That’s probably one of the worst injuries you could get as a RB. Shoulders and knees aren’t good for RBs.

HollywoodSteel
10-30-2019, 03:58 PM
Conner reportedly has an AC Joint Sprain. That’s probably one of the worst injuries you could get as a RB. Shoulders and knees aren’t good for RBs.

Well, they say it could have been way worse. If it had been the clavicle he'd be out for the season. Tomlin indicated that Conner would be limited in practice this week, but he'd play him if possible even if he doesn't practice. At least it's a positive sign that Conner doesn't seem to be totally broken.

At least that's how I'm choosing to look at it. :)

Born2Steel
10-30-2019, 05:33 PM
...who do they bring in?

Jay Ajayi?
CJ Anderson?
An unknown?

No one and roll with Samuels and Edmunds?

Tuzar Skipper?

A question as a sort of serious response. My Memphis Tigers run a formation where a DL lines up on offense as a FB. What are your thoughts on a ‘Jumbo’ package that uses either one of the Steelers xtra OL or one of the backup DL in such a way as that? My thing is it’s not a gimmick if it works. And it seems to work more often than not at getting a RB to the second level. I mean if every defense wants to stack the box it seems reasonable to unstack it. Downfield passes or brute force. (Slow at work today)

Mojouw
10-30-2019, 06:14 PM
A question as a sort of serious response. My Memphis Tigers run a formation where a DL lines up on offense as a FB. What are your thoughts on a ‘Jumbo’ package that uses either one of the Steelers xtra OL or one of the backup DL in such a way as that? My thing is it’s not a gimmick if it works. And it seems to work more often than not at getting a RB to the second level. I mean if every defense wants to stack the box it seems reasonable to unstack it. Downfield passes or brute force. (Slow at work today)

Steelers did this a few games back. Banner came in as the 3rd TE and Alaualu was in as the FB. The play "worked" because the RB scored on short redzone run, but the DE as FB was comically bad.

If you could find a lineman that could do it without tripping over his own two feet, then I'm all for it!

Born2Steel
10-30-2019, 11:14 PM
Steelers did this a few games back. Banner came in as the 3rd TE and Alaualu was in as the FB. The play "worked" because the RB scored on short redzone run, but the DE as FB was comically bad.

If you could find a lineman that could do it without tripping over his own two feet, then I'm all for it!

May need someone a little more used to blocking on the move than Alualu. But that is the correct concept. I would bet big on Vince Williams in that role too.

steelreserve
10-31-2019, 12:00 AM

I think the value of it is limited for us, since we are one of the few teams that has an actual fullback who is good at doing fullback things. Why not just put Nix in there instead?

But yes, the concept is all right; teams have been trying it since the days of Refrigerator Perry and probably before.

Devilsdancefloor
10-31-2019, 10:02 AM
Trade for Kuhn's rights! Lure him out of retirement!

this is evil genius level of brillant!

not sure if there is anyone to get... hopefully samuels is close to 100% i honestly do not know how edmonds runs ive seen very little from him

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-31-2019, 11:36 AM
If its not a severe AC sprain, then there is a chance that Conner can play some snaps sunday IMO. If its moderate, then I expect him to miss a week or 2. I separated the AC joint before and its just tough to lift you arm above shoulders and take contact.

I think that if Samuels is healthy, then the plan will be for him and Edmunds to carry the load. The long shot is if they activate Tony Brooks-James from the practice squad, but would have to release somebody to bring him up. If they havent done that yet, I dont think it happens this week.

Moose
10-31-2019, 12:11 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that he was going to be limited at practice and playing Sunday would be a gametime decision. I also, as was mentioned above by someone, don't remember seeing anyone falling on him, just seems he landed on his shoulder after tackle.