PDA

View Full Version : Devlin Hodges Lack Of Practice Reps Makes Debut Even More Impressive

Shoes
10-10-2019, 01:30 PM
We know there aren’t many reps to be handed out to backup quarterbacks. Especially when the starter is making his first set of starts as Mason Rudolph has been throughout the season. There is no “off” day the way there was with Ben Roethlisberger, who would sit out Wednesday and let the backup have a chance to run the show.
So ok, Devlin Hodges didn’t see any work last week with the 1’s. There’s always the scout team, right? A chance to get some reps, even if they’re just providing looks for the defense and simulating the opponent.
Nope. Hodges didn’t get those either. Because they were playing the Baltimore Ravens, Taryn Christion was brought in to simulate Lamar Jackson’s mobility and style.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/10/devlin-hodges-lack-of-practice-reps-debut-even-more-impressive/

steel striker
10-10-2019, 01:55 PM
I was pretty impressed what Duck did last week against the Ravens and, he almost recovered Juju's fumble that sealed our doom last week.

Shoes
10-10-2019, 03:46 PM
I was pretty impressed what Duck did last week against the Ravens and, he almost recovered Juju's fumble that sealed our doom last week.

He should have recovered that fumble. I don't know what he was doing but his action tell me he thought it was an incomplete pass.

DesertSteel
10-10-2019, 05:02 PM
He should have recovered that fumble. I don't know what he was doing but his action tell me he thought it was an incomplete pass.
Players, coaches, fans... we're all confused by these pitiful refs who won't make a decision. Is the play live or is it dead??? Cost the Lions against the Chiefs a couple weeks ago.

86WARD
10-10-2019, 06:23 PM

He was taking the other player out of the game because a teammate was coming to the ball only to be beaten to it by a Raven. JuJu should’ve just held it and been done with it...lol