PDA

View Full Version : Why Devlin Hodges Winning Sunday Night Probably Wouldn’t Surprise Bill Parcells

Shoes
10-09-2019, 09:12 PM
While it’s still early in the week, it appears as though Pittsburgh Steelers rookie quarterback Devlin Hodges might make his first career start Sunday night against the Los Angeles Chargers on the road. Should he indeed start, the odds will be seemingly stacked against Hodges and the Steelers when it comes to winning that Sunday night game and that’s understandable. After all, not only is it tough for any true rookie quarterback to win his first career NFL start, it’s even harder for an undrafted one to do so.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/10/why-devlin-hodges-winning-sunday-night-probably-wouldnt-surprise-bill-parcells/

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
10-09-2019, 09:49 PM
Like Bill and didn't read the article yet, thanks for posting it Shoes! Reason I think Bill maybe right is in my opinion Hodges will hold his own and have a okay night. D will be the reason if we win.

86WARD
10-10-2019, 05:24 AM
This Steelers Depot is just going downhill...totally fabricated article...lol

Dwinsgames
10-10-2019, 04:13 PM
Tony Romo attended Eastern Illinois University was an UDFA that Parcells got started ... so well maybe

Born2Steel
10-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Benny Snell FOOTBALL!!!!!

AtlantaDan
10-11-2019, 01:11 PM
It might not surprise Parcells but apparently it will surprise Mark Kaboly of The Athletic given this comment by Kaboly in his paywalled chat today

Remember, nobody wanted Hodges, not even the Steelers. There is a reason for that, and I have a feeling Sunday night against the Chargers we will be reminded of that

https://theathletic.com/1285349/2019/10/11/kabolys-steelers-mailbag-is-juju-competitive-enough-plus-duck-dan-kreider-and-much-more/

Fire Goodell
10-11-2019, 01:27 PM
It might not surprise Parcells but apparently it will surprise Mark Kaboly of The Athletic given this comment by Kaboly in his paywalled chat today

Remember, nobody wanted Hodges, not even the Steelers. There is a reason for that, and I have a feeling Sunday night against the Chargers we will be reminded of that

https://theathletic.com/1285349/2019/10/11/kabolys-steelers-mailbag-is-juju-competitive-enough-plus-duck-dan-kreider-and-much-more/

BS! The Steelers kept him on the practice squad despite already having Rudolph and Dobbs behind Ben at the beginning of the season. If "not even the Steelers" wanted Hodges, he wouldn't have been stashed on the PS. Matter of fact, if he was kept on the PS despite having 2 very able backups in Rudolph and Dobbs, that actually says a lot about the kid.

Born2Steel
10-11-2019, 01:29 PM
BS! The Steelers kept him on the practice squad despite already having Rudolph and Dobbs behind Ben at the beginning of the season. If "not even the Steelers" wanted Hodges, he wouldn't have been stashed on the PS. Matter of fact, if he was kept on the PS despite having 2 very able backups in Rudolph and Dobbs, that actually says a lot about the kid.

100% agree.

AtlantaDan
10-11-2019, 03:56 PM

Any other team could have signed him after he was waived on August 31 until the Steelers brought him back to the practice squad September 10 after Dobbs was traded.

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/09/pittsburgh-steelers-bring-back-qb-devlin-hodges.html

Seems to me if any other team wanted him they had that 10 day window to sign him

Fire Goodell
10-11-2019, 04:03 PM
I'm sure he would have made the 53 if we didn't have either Dobbs or Rudolph. Other teams probably aren't watching our training camp practices as closely as the Steelers' staff. It seems to me that they liked this kid ever since his tryout.

10-11-2019, 04:54 PM
Steelers hid him in the Sunday night preseason primetime game and didn't let him play at all. That there told me they wanted him and was showcasing Dobbs to trade him.

DesertSteel
10-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Any other team could have signed him after he was waived on August 31 until the Steelers brought him back to the practice squad September 10 after Dobbs was traded.

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/09/pittsburgh-steelers-bring-back-qb-devlin-hodges.html

Seems to me if any other team wanted him they had that 10 day window to sign him
Plenty of guys slip through the cracks. He's an unknown. I think we're about to find out what he's got though. He seems to have moxie (a great word).

Butch
10-11-2019, 05:08 PM
I'm sure he would have made the 53 if we didn't have either Dobbs or Rudolph. Other teams probably aren't watching our training camp practices as closely as the Steelers' staff. It seems to me that they liked this kid ever since his tryout.
I agree with this. I think they liked him enough to try to move Dobbs and then brought him back to the PS. It was a low risk move nobody was watching him. Not sure if he will be a success or not, but if he is it will make things interesting going forward.

Rotorhead
10-11-2019, 06:32 PM
If anything we can trade him for picks in this QB hungry league. Time for him to showcase his talent and put his resume out there for the league to see. Hopefully it nets us an upset over the Chargers.

10-11-2019, 07:41 PM
If anything we can trade him for picks in this QB hungry league. Time for him to showcase his talent and put his resume out there for the league to see. Hopefully it nets us an upset over the Chargers. I would hold off on trading him for now and he maybe better then Rudolph. I like Rudolph by the way and think he is doing good. That said Hodges could come out and shit the bed Sunday night but at worse I think he will have a mediocre game. Throw some tds and ints both.

86WARD
10-12-2019, 02:01 PM
If they didn’t want Hodges, there’s plenty of other QBs out there that they could’ve signed in his place...ie) Landry Jones...lol