PDA

View Full Version : Report: Mike Tomlin On Washington’s Short List To Be Next Head Coach

Shoes
10-07-2019, 01:13 PM
:stirthepot::stirthepot:

Jay Gruden was the first NFL head coach to be fired, canned by Washington Monday morning after a hapless 0-5 start. One name owner Dan Snyder would like to replace him with? Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin.
That’s the report from Ed Werder, who included Tomlin on a short list with two other coordinators as men Snyder would consider hiring

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/10/report-mike-tomlin-on-washingtons-short-list-to-be-next-head-coach/

Rotorhead
10-07-2019, 02:03 PM
Yes please

EzraTank
10-07-2019, 02:12 PM
That's tampering. I demand Washington give us their first round pick next year as a penalty!

Fire Goodell
10-07-2019, 02:16 PM
i don't see it happening. steelers don't make coaching changes in the midseason

Mach1
10-07-2019, 02:35 PM
i don't see it happening. steelers don't make coaching changes in the midseason

If it happens it'll be at the end of the season.
I doubt Tomlin goes anywhere he has a built in excuse with Ben being out.

SteelMember
10-07-2019, 03:19 PM
If it happens it'll be at the end of the season.
I doubt Tomlin goes anywhere he has a built in excuse with Ben being out.

Such is life in the NFL...

pczach
10-07-2019, 03:48 PM
I don't think Tomlin would want to work for Dan Snyder...but who knows.

What would ownership do if Snyder calls and offers their 2020 and 2021 first round draft picks for Tomlin?

I don't think they would do that, but wouldn't they have to seriously think about it if they have no plans to give him a new contract. He has one year left, so he isn't available to the Redskins without permission and compensation.

I'm sure the Steelers have a list of possible candidates for the head coaching position already in place.

Blue Marvel
10-07-2019, 03:51 PM
I like Coach T...not a great X and O guy...but he is a leader....but i think it's time for new blood..a coach the recognizes coaching talent, and is innovative.

Edman
10-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Washington can take him.

Tomlin had his moments, but it is time for a fresh start. He is the new Marvin Lewis. Good enough to keep you competitive, but not quite good enough to get you over the top.

steelreserve
10-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Sounds fine to me.

Mach1
10-07-2019, 04:51 PM
And they'll make Fichtner head coach if he does leave. :couch:

Fire Goodell
10-07-2019, 05:18 PM
And they'll make Fichtner head coach if he does leave. :couch:

please someone shoot me if this ever happens (not that it will)

steelcityboyz
10-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Wouldn't break my heart if Tomlin leaves.

T&B fan
10-07-2019, 06:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZZK9u8Afg4

st33lersguy
10-07-2019, 06:47 PM
It won't happen but one can dream

Shoes
10-07-2019, 07:02 PM
I didn't see this topic posted below in the nfl section, please move it on out of here. Thanks

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
10-07-2019, 07:03 PM
I hope Fichtner and Butler are also on Snyder's list.

Six Rings
10-07-2019, 07:47 PM
Milk Danny Boy for Picks Mr. Colbert. Tomlin still has a super bowl run gin his back pocket that we won very early with Bill Cowherd's players. I think 21 or 22 of Bill Cohwer starters remained when it happened.

Hawkman
10-07-2019, 08:10 PM
Shoes, what were you thinking? :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

Can’t we just have a “FIRE EVERYONE” thread so posters can use the same tired “fire so and so” lines in one place.

Steeldude
10-07-2019, 11:03 PM
Get a 1st round pick and possibly more out of it.

Neversatisfied
10-07-2019, 11:22 PM
This would be my birthday and Christmas presents for the next 10 years

Mojouw
10-07-2019, 11:54 PM
Obligatory posting about the devil you know versus the devil you don’t and to be highly careful about what you wish for.

For every Tony Dungy that comes in and puts a franchise over the top there are 6 Dan Quins that seem like a helluva idea at the time.

Mojouw
10-07-2019, 11:56 PM
To be clear, Fichtner and Butle, I'll help load the moving truck. Tomlin, still not sure.

If it takes Tomlin moving on to get free of the coordinators, sure?

My preference. Split the difference and get new coordinators with the same head coach.

86WARD
10-08-2019, 04:53 AM
My preference. Split the difference and get new coordinators with the same head coach.

Totally on board with this. Coordinators from the outside...coordinators that have never worn black and yellow...unless it happened to be Iowa Colors...

Tomlin gets two more years with two good coordinators. If Ben doesn’t like it...well...I’d be said to say it but he can follow, Fichtner.

teegre
10-08-2019, 06:59 AM
With a decent DC, this defense could be the best in the league right now. With a great DC, this defense could be the best we’ve seen in the league for a few seasons. (The talent-level on defense is about to explode... if the DC had any smarts.)

Fichtner has no clue what he’s doing. Period.

As far as Tomlin goes, I love him, and the players never quit on him. That said, his message may have gotten stale (it happens to every coach). But, this season is just different enough where he might have changed his mantra, changed his demeanor... resulting in a rekindled spirit.

SUMMATION:
I’d keep Tomlin, but I would absolutely hire two new coordinators.

SIDE-NOTE:
This would never happen, but... If the Rooneys were indeed planning on firing Tomlin after this season, then why not trade Tomlin to Washington for a couple of R1 picks? Colbert is the master of trading lame duck personnel to inept teams.

(Tomlin isn’t on the chopping block, and even if he were, that is not how the Rooneys do business.)

PalmerSteel
10-08-2019, 09:03 AM
If the raiders can get 2 first rounds and a 2nd round from tampa bay when gruden was traded and he didnt even have a super bowl win yet, then we should expect nothing less than 2 first round picks. If we get offered that, we should consider it......

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-08-2019, 09:24 AM
Totally on board with this. Coordinators from the outside...coordinators that have never worn black and yellow...unless it happened to be Iowa Colors...

Tomlin gets two more years with two good coordinators. If Ben doesn’t like it...well...I’d be said to say it but he can follow, Fichtner.

I think Dan Quinn will be available later in the year as a DC. He likes to run a 4-3, so would be a transition in finding some DE's that fit the 4-3.

I really don't think Tomlin is going anywhere.

AtlantaDan
10-08-2019, 09:48 AM
I think Dan Quinn will be available later in the year as a DC. He likes to run a 4-3, so would be a transition in finding some DE's that fit the 4-3.

Agreed - not just Tomlin but the coordinators. Defense is still giving up significant points and cannot get 4th quarter stops but increased turnovers along with a good pash rush presumably are enough to save Butler, especially given the assumption Tomlin is hands on with the defense. Fichtner is horrible but will get a pass because of the Ben and now Rudolph injuries. Only one who might go is Danny Smith given Tomlin’s expressed irritation with kickoff returns.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed - not just Tomlin but the coordinators. Defense is still giving up significant points and cannot get 4th quarter stops but increased turnovers along with a good pash rush presumably are enough to save Butler, especially given the assumption Tomlin is hands on with the defense. Fichtner is horrible but will get a pass because of the Ben and now Rudolph injuries. Only one who might go is Danny Smith given Tomlin’s expressed irritation with kickoff returns.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-08-2019, 10:13 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and if Ben decides he is definitely coming back, I think he would lobby to keep his caddy around for his tenure, instead of looking for an experienced OC that doesn't run a college wildcat offense in the first sign of adversity.

If the Defense continues to give up points, there is a chance that Rooney tells Mike to use the BA "retirement plan" on Butler. But I think if sacks and turnovers created continue to be solid, there will be another pass given. This defense has such talent on it currently, it should be top 10, but its not feeling that way so far.

AtlantaDan
10-08-2019, 11:36 AM

Not a denial http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/images/smilies/stirthepot.gif :chuckle:

Fire Goodell
10-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Look I'm not the biggest Tomlin fan, but a move mid-season I wouldn't even consider unless Washington wants to do a Ditka-Ricky Williams or Herschel Walker trade.

Now if they want Fitchner, by all means.

Shoes
10-08-2019, 01:05 PM

Not a denial :stirthepot: :chuckle:

"Hall of Fame quarterback with a third-string quarterback." What happened to the bold talk of next man up, sounds like an excuse if they lose to the chargers.

tube517
10-08-2019, 02:10 PM
"Hall of Fame quarterback with a third-string quarterback." What happened to the bold talk of next man up, sounds like an excuse if they lose to the chargers.

Tomlin better not go there.

Be careful. Explaining excuses are tools of the incompetent.

:tomlinism: :chuckle:

Squeegee Thompson
10-08-2019, 02:21 PM
Look I'm not the biggest Tomlin fan, but a move mid-season I wouldn't even consider unless Washington wants to do a Ditka-Ricky Williams or Herschel Walker trade.

Now if they want Fitchner, by all means.

Don't think you'd ever see an in-season move. Washington will finish out their disaster of a season with some interim coach, and then let the speculations begin. Don't forget that some of the minority ownership of the Steelers wanted Tomlin gone last offseason. ARII surely has that weighing on his mind.

If he was smart (which I'm not convinced he is), he'd let Tomlin know that his job is on the hot seat and that he may not see the end of his contract. Tomlin would much rather move to a chaotic Redskins franchise than be out of a job altogether. Maybe that'd be enough to make him seriously consider the job, and the Steelers could net some serious draft capital in return.

I'd be willing to concede a lost season as a mechanism to flipping the coaching staff, getting some fresh talent and coaching onto the team and moving on from another 'good-but-not-great' Steeler season.

Bluecoat96
10-08-2019, 02:27 PM
Isn't Tomlin's son playing college ball at Maryland?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

tube517
10-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Isn't Tomlin's son playing college ball at Maryland?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Yes,Dino Tomlin. He's the one Terrapin w/cool shades

10-08-2019, 02:41 PM
"Hall of Fame quarterback with a third-string quarterback." What happened to the bold talk of next man up, sounds like an excuse if they lose to the chargers. That and not so sure Rivers is a HOF QB. He couldn't even make it to one SB his whole career even when he had LT. You are right though and Tomlin is smart to talk Rivers up so if we lose then no blame for the loss. If we win then he looks like a good coach cause he beat a HOF with a 3rd string QB, Win Win for Tomlin either way.

Dwinsgames
10-08-2019, 09:11 PM
ok well ....

I am not the biggest Mike Tomlin fan ( well documented ) ..

that said the last time I remember a coach being traded for draft stock it was the Raider sending Chucky to Tampa for a first rounder ... The raider where atop of the game at the time and did well again the next year making it to the SB to get trounced by Chucky and the Bucs and have never been worth a shit since ....

so if History is any indicator of future results it might not be a good idea ....

but Tomlin gone and premium draft stock incoming sounds pretty tempting

PalmerSteel
10-09-2019, 06:29 AM
ok well ....

I am not the biggest Mike Tomlin fan ( well documented ) ..

that said the last time I remember a coach being traded for draft stock it was the Raider sending Chucky to Tampa for a first rounder ... The raider where atop of the game at the time and did well again the next year making it to the SB to get trounced by Chucky and the Bucs and have never been worth a shit since ....

so if History is any indicator of future results it might not be a good idea ....

but Tomlin gone and premium draft stock incoming sounds pretty tempting

Bucs gave up 2 firsts and a 2nd for chucky

Six Rings
10-09-2019, 07:42 AM
I saw the video of the media asking Tomlin this question. I think he' wants to listen to the offer, and he did not deny anything. He just said I'm trying to focus as a 1-4 coach.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the video of the media asking Tomlin this question. I think he' wants to listen to the offer, and he did not deny anything. He just said I'm trying to focus as a 1-4 coach.

EzraTank
10-09-2019, 08:06 AM
We are all talking from our point of view on this ... but why in the world would Tomlin EVER agree to coach for Dan Snyder. That organization is a fucking nightmare where coaches go to die.

Steeldude
10-09-2019, 08:51 AM
We are all talking from our point of view on this ... but why in the world would Tomlin EVER agree to coach for Dan Snyder. That organization is a fucking nightmare where coaches go to die.

Money

EzraTank
10-09-2019, 08:56 AM
He's making money here. Money isn't everything when your life is miserable.

Steeler-in-west
10-09-2019, 09:19 AM
He's making money here. Money isn't everything when your life is miserable.

If he has full control he can get the skins back to half way respectability, collect his money and retire in a few years: less pressure in Washington than Pittsburgh. You have to win Super Bowls in Pittsburgh

silver & black
10-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Bucs gave up 2 firsts and a 2nd for chucky

... and 8 million $

Born2Steel
10-09-2019, 09:25 AM
How is this not ‘Tampering’?

Squeegee Thompson
10-09-2019, 09:56 AM

Only if he knows that he has tenuous grasp on his current job. Rooney can make it clear in no uncertain terms that Washington would be a better option for him if he actually gets serious about starting the next era in Pittsburgh.

st33lersguy
10-09-2019, 10:22 AM
If Tomlin takes the Redskins job in 2020, he will be looking for a new job by 2023. Tomlin is not a head coach you rebuild a franchise with

tube517
10-09-2019, 10:35 AM
Pictures of a Redskins (danny boy) plane at Pittsburgh airport yesterday on reddit and twitter.

Let the rumors swirl. :stirthepot:

Rotorhead
10-09-2019, 11:34 AM
It isn’t just a HC, it is GM and HC, so total control. It is a promotion and probably more $$ if it is even true. That is why Tomlin would look at it

Squeegee Thompson
10-09-2019, 11:37 AM
It isn’t just a HC, it is GM and HC, so total control. It is a promotion and probably more $$ if it is even true. That is why Tomlin would look at it
They would have to make Tomlin the complete emperor of the franchise to gain his interest. Washington has to be the absolute worst franchise in the NFL now. No sane coach would even consider the gig unless a) he was already or about to be out of a job or b) given complete control of football operations.

Born2Steel
10-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Redskins need to offer Jim Harbaugh.

vader29
10-13-2019, 09:38 AM
Dan Snyder expected to make strong push to acquire Mike Tomlin from Steelers

Redskins owner Dan Snyder, with his team winless and his fanbase torn between anger and apathy, views Steelers coach Mike Tomlin as best candidate to help revive the franchise, according to numerous sources close to the situation, and is poised to try to acquire his services this offseason.

Snyder, who has long been a fan of Tomlin, has gotten to know the Super Bowl-winning coach more personally over the years, at league meetings and through several mutual friends and peers, and would be willing to give Tomlin a top-of-the-market salary and full authority over the organization, the sources said. He views Tomlin as the kind of coach, leader and face-of-the-franchise Washington sorely lacks -- the perfect point person with the media and sponsors and to help efforts to get a stadium built in downtown Washington, DC.

Read more: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dan-snyder-expected-to-make-strong-push-to-acquire-mike-tomlin-from-steelers/

lt194camaroz
10-13-2019, 09:38 AM
Just saw a fresh new article on 24/7 sports stating that Snyder has made Tomlin his #1 candidate. This is good news if you ask me because Snyder typically overpays in almost everything he does so we might be able to get some good picks if we are willing to deal. Also there are a lot of fans that loathe tomlin and have wanted him gone for years so they might get their wish and get something in return which will make this a multiple win scenario. I'm not really for or against tomlin, I think he's a decent coach but makes some bonehead decisions at times and also he seems to hang on to assistant coaches a little too long, I feel like he could be great with strong coordinators and you don't see anyone knocking down our doors to try and hire any of our coordinators. I honestly feel like his tenure has gotten stale and it could be a good situation for both tomlin and the Steelers to go their seperate ways. Even better if we can get compensated for him

86WARD
10-13-2019, 09:53 AM
I’d keep Tomlin...unless the price was just too good...like a couple first round picks...

stillers4me
10-13-2019, 11:48 AM
I’d keep Tomlin...unless the price was just too good...like a couple first round picks...So in other words....he's that good.
#can'thaveitbothways

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Dwinsgames
10-13-2019, 11:48 AM
I’d keep Tomlin...unless the price was just too good...like a couple first round picks...

we lack a 1st and a 3rd in the 2020 draft ..... give me that 1st and a 3rd back ( from a team who will be drafting top 5 )

that is almost like a 1st and a 2nd ...

could trade down in the first 10 picks and come away with a mid round 1st and 2nd and early 3rd ... that's a hell of a haul for a coach that currently is 3-8 in his last 11 games coached

fansince'76
10-13-2019, 11:50 AM
If Tomlin takes the Redskins job in 2020, he will be looking for a new job by 2023.

You could say the exact same thing about Belichick.

The real problem with the Redskins is Snyder.

st33lersguy
10-13-2019, 11:53 AM
The Redskins will be picking in the top 5. Ask for their top 5 pick and insist it be part of the deal. Also throw in Fichtner or Butler to sweeten the deal

fansince'76
10-13-2019, 12:02 PM
Redskins need to offer Jim Harbaugh.

Hard pass, unless you want to start from scratch again with a 2-14 team about 4 years down the line.

Born2Steel
10-13-2019, 12:12 PM
Hard pass, unless you want to start from scratch again with a 2-14 team about 4 years down the line.

A poor reference on putting both Harbaugh’s in the DC area.

- - - Updated - - -

Does it make more sense for Tomlin to be on the University of Maryland short list?

AtlantaDan
10-13-2019, 12:25 PM
I doubt Tomlin would swap out AJRII for Danny Snyder as an owner but definitely will not go to work for a team president like Bruce Allen, who is incompetent and has a history of sliming coaches & front office personnel when it goes bad

Tomlin may be drawing to the end of his time with the Steelers but will have better opportunities if he wants to stay in coaching instead of cashing checks like Cowher to join a pregame network chuckle fest

Dwinsgames
10-13-2019, 12:29 PM
I doubt Tomlin would swap out AJRII for Danny Snyder as an owner but definitely will not go to work for a team president like Bruce Allen, who is incompetent and has a history of sliming coaches & front office personnel when it goes bad

Tomlin may be drawing to the end of his time with the Steelers but will have better opportunities if he wants to stay in coaching instead of cashing checks like Cowher to join a pregame chuckle fest

perhaps you missed the spot in the article that claims he is willing to give Tomlin top 5 money AND Full control ?

AtlantaDan
10-13-2019, 12:33 PM
perhaps you missed the spot in the article that claims he is willing to give Tomlin top 5 money AND Full control ?

Perhaps I think the article is bullshit

LaConfora’s hot rumor around this time last year was Le’Veon being traded to the Eagles

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-trade-rumors-why-eagles-are-still-in-play-to-swap-for-steelers-running-back/

smokin3000gt
10-13-2019, 12:36 PM
If Tomlin goes to Washington, who will Steeler fans blame/piss and moan about?

Dwinsgames
10-13-2019, 12:39 PM
Perhaps I think the article is bullshit

LaConfora’s hot rumor around this time last year was Le’Veon being traded to the Eagles

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-trade-rumors-why-eagles-are-still-in-play-to-swap-for-steelers-running-back/

he is also the guy who stated this yet Local Pittsburgh Media was completely oblivious and even more so ignorant to the possibility of it ...

no need to get snarky

but w/e

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGnuf3qXYAEZs28?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

as a side note since youre so smart ( or try and portray yourself as smarter than everyone else in most postings )

I must wonder how it is that he has his job and YOU are doing your current job ?

guess who is making more $$$ ?

yeah you got it HE Is !

Mojouw
10-13-2019, 12:57 PM
This is getting a bit unnecessarily angry.

Even if Snyder was willing to give up the multiple draft picks it would take to pry a sitting head coach out of a 3 year contract AND give said coach total control AND totally revamp his way of doing business to stop sabotaging the on-field product — why would a successful coach want the job?

No high draft picks to rebuild a roster totally devoid of talent.
A toxic relationship with the local fan-base
The team name makes people angry
An owner with a reputation for being cheap, meddling, and more interested in making money and having people kiss his ass than winning football games.

With 2-4 high round draft picks stripped out of that Franchise, it would be the WORST job in the league by a country mile.

AtlantaDan
10-13-2019, 01:00 PM
as a side note since youre so smart ( or try and portray yourself as smarter than everyone else in most postings )

I must wonder how it is that he has his job and YOU are doing your current job ?

guess who is making more $$$ ?

yeah you got it HE Is !

Thanks for sharing.

I have no interest in reciprocating your personal attack (my comments were directed at La Canfora's rumor mongering and not at you) but will post this from someone who does get paid to cover the NFL in general and the Steelers in particular

:drink:

Edman
10-13-2019, 02:57 PM
The Steelers have nothing to lose or give up at this point. If they truly valued Tomlin for the long term, they wouldn't have given him a one-year extension this past August. 2-8 in their last ten games. 3 Playoff wins since 2011. No playoff wins since 2016. Holding onto Tomlin will accomplish nothing. Nothing will change or improve. The Packers and Bengals had to cut loose the dead weight that wasn't getting it done. Its time for the Steelers to do the same. A new era is needed.

The Steelers move into a new direction with a young core and a new coach, Tomlin moves on to greener pastures, and the Steelers Organization saves their face by not "firing" Tomlin.

Throw in a first round pick and I'd pull the trigger for good.

86WARD
10-13-2019, 03:16 PM
So in other words....he's that good.
#can'thaveitbothways

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Tomlin is that good. The coordinators on the other hand...not so good.

But if I am getting a potential Top-3 2020 pick and a first round pick in 2021...I’d seriously consider that...

Mojouw
10-13-2019, 03:46 PM
Tomlin is signed through the 2021 season. Plus the team holds an option for 2022.
This is basically the same contract structure for anyone who is any good and costs any money across the roster.
Loaded up for a 2019-21 run around Ben R.

Tomlin sticks around for that. Coordinators? Who knows.

When Gruden was traded it was for 2 firsts and 2 seconds and he only had 1 year left on his Raiders deal. Tomlin has 3. So ‘Skins would have to part with what to top Gruden’s trade?

I would be shocked if that happened.

smokin3000gt
10-13-2019, 04:07 PM
Tomlin is that good. The coordinators on the other hand...not so good.

But if I am getting a potential Top-3 2020 pick and a first round pick in 2021...I’d seriously consider that...

aww yisss I've got you now buddeh :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-13-2019, 04:38 PM

Next man up!

Mojouw
10-13-2019, 04:54 PM
Next man up!

Obviously! But first we will have to see how he performs in a stadium environment.

AtlantaDan
10-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Tomlin is signed through the 2021 season. Plus the team holds an option for 2022.
This is basically the same contract structure for anyone who is any good and costs any money across the roster.
Loaded up for a 2019-21 run around Ben R.

Tomlin sticks around for that. Coordinators? Who knows.

When Gruden was traded it was for 2 firsts and 2 seconds and he only had 1 year left on his Raiders deal. Tomlin has 3. So ‘Skins would have to part with what to top Gruden’s trade?

I would be shocked if that happened.

At least one “source” agrees

"I don't see Mike going to Washington," the source continued. "That is so far-fetched. It's so far out there. It would have to be a deal that the league never has seen before and would change the way business is done in football, and I don't see that happening."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27835125/source-mike-tomlin-redskins-far-fetched-browns-gm-denies-obj-trade-rumor

But this rumor is generating page clicks for the sports gossip columnists who started it and for the other gossip columnists rebutting it so mission accomplished for the online sites

Mojouw
10-13-2019, 05:44 PM

"I don't see Mike going to Washington," the source continued. "That is so far-fetched. It's so far out there. It would have to be a deal that the league never has seen before and would change the way business is done in football, and I don't see that happening."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27835125/source-mike-tomlin-redskins-far-fetched-browns-gm-denies-obj-trade-rumor

But this rumor is generating page clicks for the sports gossip columnists who started it and for the other gossip columnists rebutting it so mission accomplished for the online sites

Pretty much. Gotta feed the beast. More grist for the mill. Yadda yadda.

By this time next year we will be reading about how the Rooneys were foolish to not take 4 first round picks for Tomlin. Amazing what people will believe because something on the internet told them some nonsense.

I think the Steelers are going to trade Devin Bush back to Michigan for Harbaugh anyways. Need to regain that gritty and tough swagger.

86WARD
10-13-2019, 05:55 PM

We would have to bitch about the fact that they traded Tomlin...lol

86WARD
10-13-2019, 06:00 PM
Okay so this is what I want and Tomlin is the Redskins Head Coach:

• 2020 first and second round picks
• 2021 first and second round picks
• 2023 third and fifth round picks
• $5M in cash
• WR Terry McLaurin

Steep price? Absolutely...but the Redskins aren’t going to find a coach of that caliber anytime soon. I’ll throw in Artie Burns and Donte Moncrief as well...lol

10-13-2019, 07:16 PM
I would take a 1 2020 pick from any bottom feeder team for Tomlin. Specially if that means the other coaches would be gong as well. Butler, Fichtner and Smith are more the problem then Tomlin. If Tomlin leaving means they are gone as well and the 1 pick is just icing on the cake.

Steeldude
10-14-2019, 01:55 AM
We would have to bitch about the fact that they traded Tomlin...lol

That depends is someone is causing the Steelers to play poorly.

10-14-2019, 02:42 AM
That depends is someone is causing the Steelers to play poorly. http://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2013/November/Meathead.jpg

pczach
10-14-2019, 07:31 AM

I'm just not sure why anyone would believe Dan Snyder if he says he will give Tomlin full control. This is the guy that picks his favorite quarterback and then hangs out with him in the building while the rest of the team is working. He then brings him around with him everywhere he goes like he's his pet. The guy that tries to force the head coach to play who he decides should play whether it makes sense or not.

I wouldn't trust Snyder as far as I could throw him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-14-2019, 09:58 AM
Obviously! But first we will have to see how he performs in a stadium environment.

What, like if he wears sunglasses or not and wins every challenge he makes? That kind of stadium environment. My guess is whoever replaces him will be criticized for his clock management, because most fans manage their timeouts better than NFL HC's.

Mojouw
10-14-2019, 10:14 AM
What, like if he wears sunglasses or not and wins every challenge he makes? That kind of stadium environment. My guess is whoever replaces him will be criticized for his clock management, because most fans manage their timeouts better than NFL HC's.

Totally agree. I was just trying to answer a Tomlin quote with more Tomlin quotes.

The cottage industry of NFL talking heads, Twitter, and fans that are doing differential calculus to determine proper time-out usage is getting aggravating. For instance in this game, and the Ravens game, the Steelers had zero interest in running a compressed two minute drill with their back-up QB(s). So the lack of time-out usage was/is totally understandable. But gotta wade through 110 postings about how dumb everything was.

fansince'76
10-14-2019, 10:25 AM
I'm just not sure why anyone would believe Dan Snyder if he says he will give Tomlin full control. This is the guy that picks his favorite quarterback and then hangs out with him in the building while the rest of the team is working. He then brings him around with him everywhere he goes like he's his pet. The guy that tries to force the head coach to play who he decides should play whether it makes sense or not.

Snyder is the perfect example of a fan playing armchair GM who actually had enough cash to turn it into a reality.

I truly sympathize with 'Skins fans. They deserve a lot better.

86WARD
10-14-2019, 10:47 AM
If he goes to Washington, does the mirrored coating color change on his sunglasses?

tube517
10-14-2019, 10:56 AM
If he goes to Washington, does the mirrored coating color change on his sunglasses?

Danny Boy will just buy the Oakley company for Mike T.

pczach
10-14-2019, 10:56 AM

I don't know if he would go with a different color for his sunglasses, but his 1000 yard stare will look exactly the same. :chuckle:

tube517
10-14-2019, 11:02 AM
I don't know if he would go with a different color for his sunglasses, but his 1000 yard stare will look exactly the same. :chuckle:

https://cdn.chatsports.com/cache/f4/ce/f4ce3e78be27c9d614c9081fd2753a42-original.jpg

86WARD
10-14-2019, 11:21 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191014/cc483b4feda875703629858eb6cfab31.jpg

smokin3000gt
10-14-2019, 09:19 PM
https://cdn.chatsports.com/cache/f4/ce/f4ce3e78be27c9d614c9081fd2753a42-original.jpg

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Six Rings
10-26-2019, 12:30 PM
Could you imagine if the Redskins gave us their first round pick for Tomlin?

st33lersguy
10-26-2019, 06:17 PM
Could you imagine if the Redskins gave us their first round pick for Tomlin?

Yeah, get rid of Tomlin, get a top 3 pick in return, and for added bonus Tomlin may take the Steelers assistants with him (at least Fichtner, Butler, and Smith). Major win for the Steelers

smokin3000gt
10-26-2019, 11:29 PM
What good is a draft pick when the Steelers/Colbert/Rooney's suck at drafting? They'd blow it for sure

Born2Steel
10-27-2019, 12:27 AM
Yep. Nobody for this franchise knows how to do their job. Just some guys that work for free with zero knowledge and experience.

smokin3000gt
10-27-2019, 09:16 AM
Yep. Nobody for this franchise knows how to do their job. Just some guys that work for free with zero knowledge and experience.

Why can't they just see what we see?? :heh:

GoSlash27
10-28-2019, 05:33 PM
Why can't they just see what we see?? :heh:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2023257.1424205295!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/oscars-best-film.jpg
"Mama always said the draft is like a box of chocolates..."

vader29
01-01-2020, 07:02 AM

AtlantaDan
01-01-2020, 07:44 AM

Another swing and a miss by Jason La Canfora

86WARD
01-01-2020, 07:48 AM
Unless it comes from Schefter, it’s all suspect...lol. LaCanfora, Caplin, Mortensen...they’re all frauds...

BlackAndGold
01-01-2020, 12:42 PM
Ron Rivera must be having wet dreams having the abilty to add Chase Young with the already established group of Allen, Ioannidis, Payne, Kerrigan, Sweat

Dallas, Philly, New York....have fun.

fansince'76
01-01-2020, 08:13 PM
So much for that.