PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh challenges opponents to run the ball‎

polamalubeast
09-29-2010, 05:17 PM
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- John Harbaugh challenged the notion that the Baltimore Ravens are suddenly vulnerable against the run after giving up 144 rushing yards to bruising Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis.

“I would love for our opponents to think we can’t stop the run,” Harbaugh said on his weekly radio show. “Opponents listening, Ravens can’t stop the run. Just run it at us and we’ll see how it turns out.”

The Ravens rank 23rd in the league in rushing defense, allowing 127.7 yards per contest and 4.8 yards per carry.
This week, they square off with Steelers runner Rashard Mendenhall.

He has rushed for 120 yards against the Atlanta Falcons and 143 yards against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

“Anytime you rush for that many yards, we’re going to be watching the film this week, probably until about six o’clock in the morning,” linebacker Jarret Johnson said.

Follow me on Twitter: RavensInsider

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Harbaugh-challenges-opponents-to-run-the-ball.html

NJarhead
09-29-2010, 05:25 PM
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- John Harbaugh challenged the notion that the Baltimore Ravens are suddenly vulnerable against the run after giving up 144 rushing yards to bruising Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis.

“I would love for our opponents to think we can’t stop the run,” Harbaugh said on his weekly radio show. “Opponents listening, Ravens can’t stop the run. Just run it at us and we’ll see how it turns out.”

The Ravens rank 23rd in the league in rushing defense, allowing 127.7 yards per contest and 4.8 yards per carry.
This week, they square off with Steelers runner Rashard Mendenhall.

He has rushed for 120 yards against the Atlanta Falcons and 143 yards against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

“Anytime you rush for that many yards, we’re going to be watching the film this week, probably until about six o’clock in the morning,” linebacker Jarret Johnson said.

Follow me on Twitter: RavensInsider

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Harbaugh-challenges-opponents-to-run-the-ball.html

Of course he wants them to run; they have no secondary.

JonM229
09-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Of course he wants them to run; they have no secondary.

And it's not like they did a good job of stopping the run last week either.

NJarhead
09-29-2010, 05:31 PM
And it's not like they did a good job of stopping the run last week either.

Hence Harbaughs motivation for the comment.

JonM229
09-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Hence Harbaughs motivation for the comment.

More like an invitation for the other team to get some free yards

NJarhead
09-29-2010, 05:41 PM

Think about it. He's made a statement to his team that he knows they will stop the run. The Ravens Defense are notorious suckers for that shit. They'll respond.

polamalubeast
09-29-2010, 05:44 PM
It's the perfect time for the steelers win 350 rushing yards against the Ravens.......... to respond to the arrogance of Harbaugh!

Shoes
09-29-2010, 05:47 PM

:chuckle:

NJarhead
09-29-2010, 05:51 PM
It's the perfect time for the steelers win 350 rushing yards against the Ravens.......... to respond to the arrogance of Harbaugh!
I'm not sure we got that many yards against them in the three games in 2008.