PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger 'wishes he was out there'

polamalubeast
09-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis said he has remained in contact with Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger as the his rival served an NFL-imposed four-game suspension.

Lewis, whose Ravens face off with the Steelers in Pittsburgh on Sunday, said he exchanged text messages with Roethlisbeger on Tuesday and he could feel how much the QB wanted to be on the field.

"He wishes he was out there, he wishes he was out there, man," Lewis told reporters in Pittsburgh. "It's a respect thing that we have playing against each other. It's a rivalry, but, once again, it goes back to a level of respect.

"This ain't the first time he texted me. We texted each other whenever he was going through what he was going through, I was there for him. It's more of a brotherhood. The game always takes care of itself on the field, but off the field if we don't look out for each other nobody else will."

Roethlisberger is coming to the end of his ban for violating the league's personal-conduct policy. A 20-year-old woman in Georgia accused him of sexual assault in March, but the local DA declined to press charges. Roethlisberger was never arrested, but apologized later for "dumb" and "immature" behavior.

read more

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/09/ray-lewis-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-wishes-he-was-out-there/1

BnG_Hevn
09-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Lewis makes me ill. All his "speak" is sickening. "It's a brotherhood", "It's about respect". I can't stand him, he is so full of &%*# it's not even funny.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Maybe that is why Ben and Ray used the same lawyer in their respective legal issues.?

Craic
09-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Maybe that is why Ben and Ray used the same lawyer in their respective legal issues.?

:chuckle:

I do find it funny that we continue to hang Stabbit Ray out to dry, and declare Ben a saint that MAY HAVE had a couple bad days.

XxKnightxX
09-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Absolutely without a doubt. As much as I hate Ray Ray being a Raven, hes a hell of a football player and a person who changed after his incident, regardles of what happened. Ray Lewis after his incident clearly stated what he did to avoid being in another predicament, and so far its worked and I wouldnt mind Ben doing the same.

Craic
09-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Absolutely without a doubt. As much as I hate Ray Ray being a Raven, hes a hell of a football player and a person who changed after his incident, regardles of what happened. Ray Lewis after his incident clearly stated what he did to avoid being in another predicament, and so far its worked and I wouldnt mind Ben doing the same.

Exactly. He put himself in a bad spot with bad decisions 1 time, and LEARNED from it. As much as I don't like the personality I see him portray, I have to give him complete credit for that. If he can help Ben, or if he HAS been a help to Ben in doing the same, then I am thankful.

solardave
09-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Lewis makes me ill. All his "speak" is sickening. "It's a brotherhood", "It's about respect". I can't stand him, he is so full of &%*# it's not even funny.

That goes for me too. I wouldn't piss on his face if it were on fire!!!

vasteeler
09-29-2010, 04:49 PM

maybe its just me but i thought his words to be genuine and i cant stand ray lewis

siss
09-29-2010, 05:20 PM
maybe its just me but i thought his words to be genuine and i cant stand ray lewis

My inner Steeler fan agrees with you. That also pisses her off!

BigNastyDefense
09-29-2010, 05:37 PM
I can't stand Ray Lewis. But he hasn't gotten himself in trouble since then so if he can help keep Ben on the straight and narrow and keeping his Hall of Fame career in tact.

tihmtahm
09-29-2010, 05:49 PM
That was great advice for Ben to follow.

vader29
09-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Is Ben even allowed to text or talk with other NFL players since Godell has banned him from any contact with his own team?

slippy
09-29-2010, 06:55 PM
ben is not even allowed to watch the games on tv!

slippy
09-29-2010, 07:01 PM
ha ha, just kidding (i think ... )

stillers4me
09-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Is Ben even allowed to text or talk with other NFL players since Godell has banned him from any contact with his own team?

I was under the inderstanding that he could talk to his teammates. Just not about football.

And it also sounds like Tomlin put out a gag order for the guys not to say anything to the media about talking to Ben. None of them have mentioned talking to him but I bet some of them have.

tube517
09-29-2010, 07:10 PM
I guess Ray is being sincere...I still hate his dumb dance.

siss
09-29-2010, 07:22 PM
I was under the inderstanding that he could talk to his teammates. Just not about football.

And it also sounds like Tomlin put out a gag order for the guys not to say anything to the media about talking to Ben. None of them have mentioned talking to him but I bet some of them have.
Last week Hines was on 93.7 and said him and Ben have traded texts and I guess Ben went to the Pitt game last week according to him.

HometownGal
09-29-2010, 09:28 PM

This. ^^

While I still feel Ray the Knife should have done time behind bars, he seems to have turned his life around with the embracing of God. From what I've been reading, Ben seems to have re-embraced God into his life and has returned to the faith which he abandoned a few years back. I know from personal experience that having and maintaining a strong spiritual connection with God yields a fierce inner strength that maintains a positive balance in life and shuns evil. If Ray Ray is someone Ben feels he can lean on and trust, more power to both of them. :thumbsup:

P.S. Conspiracy to murder is still > having consensual poontang in a hotel room and a bar stinkhouse. :heh:

JonM229
09-29-2010, 10:29 PM
This. ^^

While I still feel Ray the Knife should have done time behind bars, he seems to have turned his life around with the embracing of God. From what I've been reading, Ben seems to have re-embraced God into his life and has returned to the faith which he abandoned a few years back. I know from personal experience that having and maintaining a strong spiritual connection with God yields a fierce inner strength that maintains a positive balance in life and shuns evil. If Ray Ray is someone Ben feels he can lean on and trust, more power to both of them. :thumbsup:

P.S. Conspiracy to murder is still > having consensual poontang in a hotel room and a bar stinkhouse. :heh:

I prefer aiding and abetting

steelerdude15
09-29-2010, 10:58 PM
I personally would be suing the hell out of the NFL for this, no one is going to take away my right to freedom of speech. If I want to talk to my own teams, I'm going to damn well please do it. Plus, who cares if he talks to them, but maybe Ray can help keep him out of trouble.

tihmtahm
09-30-2010, 03:19 AM
I personally would be suing the hell out of the NFL for this, no one is going to take away my right to freedom of speech. If I want to talk to my own teams, I'm going to damn well please do it. Plus, who cares if he talks to them, but maybe Ray can help keep him out of trouble.

Haven't you heard? The NFL under Goodell isn't subject to the laws of us common folk or the laws of the land. Goodell speaks and it shall be done! But not to worry... If you play crapper finger with Goodell, he'll cut you a good deal.

SteelGhost
09-30-2010, 09:46 AM
I recognize RL is a great player, BUT I can't stand him, he belongs to the club of Michael Irvin, T.O. and OchoStinko :yuck2: :chuckle:

That being said, Ben HAS to get his act together and put his bad stuff behind him, but I think he can do it without RL's "advice", if he needs someone to talk he can take Troy's or Aaron's words instead IMHO

Craic
09-30-2010, 11:13 AM
This. ^^

Ah.... but real question is, is it greater than NON consensual sex.

On the rest i completely agree. The guy is a windbag puffed up with self importance. However i too must give.him his do for learning and removing himself from those.situations.

Its the same way i feel about harrison. I am disgusted by what he did. Hhowever, his actions afterward, coming back and facing the police, taking responibility, attending anger management classes, and not putting himself in that position again has BEGUN to gain my respect for the man. In time, I hope the same is said about Ben. He seems to be beginning that journey.

HometownGal
09-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Ah.... but real question is, is it greater than NON consensual sex.

It was never proven "non-consensual" and seeing how a lot of young women conduct themselves these days with regard to the way they dress and flirt up to men (particularly those with money and power), I'm not buying the "non-consensual" theory here. Soooooo -

Conspiracy to murder and turning state's evidence to avoid the pokey is still > unproven/no arrest/no case "non-consensual" dickie dunkin'. ;)

CPanther95
09-30-2010, 11:25 AM
After hearing her tapes, and with her "DTF" name tag, I don't see how anyone can even bring up non-consensual sex.

siss
09-30-2010, 11:40 AM
IM trying to figure out how anyone even think they even had sex at all.

CPanther95
09-30-2010, 11:52 AM
They both admitted to sex.

... and luckily nobody got stabbed.

Craic
09-30-2010, 03:51 PM
It was never proven "non-consensual" and seeing how a lot of young women conduct themselves these days with regard to the way they dress and flirt up to men (particularly those with money and power), I'm not buying the "non-consensual" theory here. Soooooo -

Conspiracy to murder and turning state's evidence to avoid the pokey is still > unproven/no arrest/no case "non-consensual" dickie dunkin'. ;)

Ahh, but "consensual" was never proven either. Thus, it is still his word against hers- So while LEGALLY that may be the case, morally, it is a completely different ballgame. Remember, just because there is not enough evidence to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just means the perp. was smart enough not to leave enough evidence. :wink02:

Though again, in all seriousness, (and for the 100th time), I think he was just thinking he was "big ben" and all the chicks wanted him and thus, just talking his way into her pants while she, on the other hand, was feeling something completely different-fear.

In truth, I HOPE this is what happened. Why? Because either one, he was simply so stupid and obtuse as to not notice her rejections-or notice two different women in two different states with the same objective, or he is a rapist. Unless, my scenario is the true one, whereas his judgement was impaired by a heightened cocksure self-absorbed attitude, and that made him view scenarios much different than what the women were viewing. In his statements thereafter, I think that it exactly reflects what I am saying.

And for those reasons, I am actually quite happy that Ray-the-knife is talking to him. Because He too has a cocksure self-absorbed attitude, can puncture Ben's persona if necessary, and can steer Ben right, or at least give him some more advice. The good thing is, whoever is advising Ben, be it his parents, pastor, teammates, Ray the Knife, Good-deal, or the fairy Godmother, it seems Ben is listening. We can all agree, that is a very good thing.

Craic
09-30-2010, 03:55 PM
After hearing her tapes, and with her "DTF" name tag, I don't see how anyone can even bring up non-consensual sex.

Sorry, DTF was a inside joke among some Sorority sisters, not an invitation to the male side of the species. That is tantamount to saying if a woman is walking down a street with a shirt saying "Do Me", she can't be raped, it must be consensual- or even an "easy access" skirt.

I call BS.

siss
09-30-2010, 04:15 PM
You wouldn't catch me with a DTF name tag even in my slutty days ( okay week) but still, she still invited the attention.

CPanther95
09-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Sorry, DTF was a inside joke among some Sorority sisters, not an invitation to the male side of the species. That is tantamount to saying if a woman is walking down a street with a shirt saying "Do Me", she can't be raped, it must be consensual- or even an "easy access" skirt.

I call BS.

But that's not what we are talking about, are we? We're talking about with a girl with "Do me" on a name tag that went back to a bar bathroom to have sex with someone, not just innocently walking down the street. Then afterwards, claimed that she felt "pressured" (through dialog, not physical force) to complete the act - at least that's what she recalled in her inebriated state.

Your "must prove consent" attitude, despite all the evidence pointing to consent, is scary.

You're not one of those "all sex, even within marriage, is rape" people are you?

CPanther95
09-30-2010, 04:25 PM
You wouldn't catch me with a DTF name tag even in my slutty days ( okay week) but still, she still invited the attention.

Exactly. It's hardly an "inside joke" when people all across the nation are doing the same thing, and girls much younger even (sadly) are displaying their conquests, or willingness to engage in various sex acts, via bracelets, etc.

... and this isn't "he said, she said". Even if they could prove her account on the tapes, law enforcement didn't consider it a rape that was prosecutable.

siss
09-30-2010, 04:41 PM
There is a very very very very small part of me (the mom in me) that is actually happy that Ben wishes he could be there. Because then he will see what he is missing and his behavior got him. And hopfully he will THINK BEFORE he acts next time.

CPanther95
09-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Agreed. While I believe he engaged in nothing illegal, I'm in the camp that believes the 4 game suspension was entirely warranted - not just for the NFL's benefit, but his own.

siss
09-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Agreed. While I believe he engaged in nothing illegal, I'm in the camp that believes the 4 game suspension was entirely warranted - not just for the NFL's benefit, but his own.
I think Ben has always had it in him to be a good person. In fact I don't think he was ever as bad as some would have you believe. But perhaps he needed a kick in the rear end to truly reach his potential. Goodell may have worn the show that kicked him in the ass, but it was still Ben that did the work.

st33lersguy
09-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Ray probably became friends with Ben after Ben was accused of sexual assault in Georgia

SMR
09-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Exactly. He put himself in a bad spot with bad decisions 1 time, and LEARNED from it. As much as I don't like the personality I see him portray, I have to give him complete credit for that. If he can help Ben, or if he HAS been a help to Ben in doing the same, then I am thankful.

You took the words right outta my mouth, thanx alot! lol