PDA

View Full Version : Washington should be our WR2

Fire Goodell
09-08-2019, 09:10 PM
Monqueef blows, dude is vomit on a pile of shit

Craic
09-08-2019, 09:17 PM
I've asked all offseason why people were excited about getting a WR that dropped half his passes. Question still holds. No one should be surprised at his drops.

Fire Goodell
09-08-2019, 09:44 PM
Worst effort I've ever seen by any wr, dude needs to get demoted

Edman
09-08-2019, 10:25 PM
The only thing going for Moncrief is that the whole team sucks.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
09-08-2019, 10:45 PM
It's just the first week but really dude go take a seat and stay there. I'm talking about Monty.

Shoes
09-08-2019, 10:49 PM
After JuJu there isn't much to choose from, and on another note what was fichtner doing with McDonald doing all night? It seemed like we didn't have a TE on the field.

09-08-2019, 10:53 PM
After JuJu there isn't much to choose from, and on another note what was fichtner doing with McDonald doing all night? It seemed like we didn't have a TE on the field. How about a wr that can actually catch a ball ?

Shoes
09-08-2019, 10:57 PM
How about a wr that can actually catch a ball ?

Like I said there isn't much after JuJu.

st33lersguy
09-08-2019, 10:59 PM
Tomlin logic 101: Washington balls all preseason, Moncrief gets the no. 2 for some reason. I don't want to hear 2nd best coach in the NFL

09-08-2019, 11:03 PM
Like I said there isn't much after JuJu.
Just need one that can catch and they are on the roster.

- - - Updated - - -

Tomlin logic 101: Washington balls all preseason, Moncrief gets the no. 2 for some reason. I don't want to hear 2nd best coach in the NFL I don't think you will have a issue hearing that this week.

Edman
09-08-2019, 11:04 PM
Tomlin logic 101: Washington balls all preseason, Moncrief gets the no. 2 for some reason. I don't want to hear 2nd best coach in the NFL

Tomlin Logic 101: Despite tons of draft picks poured into the Defensive side of the ball, Defense can't stop Blake Bortles in a playoff game. Keep the D Coordinator. Defense continues to suck the following year. Keep the D Coordinator. Defense is still atrocious and out of sync. Keep the D Coordinator.

I wonder where all of the Tomlin defenders from months ago are now?

Butch
09-08-2019, 11:07 PM
While i know Moncreif susked ass what exactly did Wahington do??? Not impressed with any WR other than Ju Ju. Who forgot to tell the team that they were supposed to be palying a game tonight???

Fire Goodell
09-08-2019, 11:16 PM
While i know Moncreif susked ass what exactly did Wahington do??? Not impressed with any WR other than Ju Ju. Who forgot to tell the team that they were supposed to be palying a game tonight???

Washington at least caught passes that weren't overthrown. Moncrief let about 8 or so passes that hit him in the hands clang off him, he made Ike Taylor look like he could catch

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2019, 11:40 PM
Washington at least caught passes that weren't overthrown. Moncrief let about 8 or so passes that hit him in the hands clang off him, he made Ike Taylor look like he could catch

Ouch, that hurts. True, but scathing.

09-08-2019, 11:42 PM
Ouch, that hurts. True, but scathing. Yea he was horrible and should be a red tag waiting inside of his locker. He is just another idiot who talks good things all the time but proves nothing when it matters on the field.

Method28
09-09-2019, 12:59 AM
I agree about JW but I really dont like his effort on a lot of his targets. He doesn't have that instinct to go after the ball at all costs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

86WARD
09-09-2019, 05:28 AM
Just need one that can catch and they are on the roster.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you will have a issue hearing that this week.

Switzer. 6 targets. 6 catches. Lol.

86WARD
09-09-2019, 05:32 AM
Why is everyone so impressed with JuJu? He did very little as a WR as well. The whole group was underwhelming. None of them got open on a regular basis except Switzer. It’s rather pathetic...

Butch
09-09-2019, 05:56 AM
Why is everyone so impressed with JuJu? He did very little as a WR as well. The whole group was underwhelming. None of them got open on a regular basis except Switzer. It’s rather pathetic...
He caught the ball when it was thrown to him more often than most. I can't find anything on how many times he was targeted but it wasn't enough.

86WARD
09-09-2019, 06:46 AM
He caught the ball when it was thrown to him more often than most. I can't find anything on how many times he was targeted but it wasn't enough.

As a number one, he’s got to find a way to get open or the OC has to figure out a way to get him open. JuJu was targeted 8 times. Caught 6.

Switzer was 6/6.

Moncrief was 10/3.

Washington was 6/2.

Conner was 4/4.

teegre
09-09-2019, 06:51 AM
James Conner was open all night. He could have had 15 receptions for 75 yards. Yea, that’s “dink-&-dunk” but it would have forced someone to cover him (leaving a hole elsewhere in the secondary).

86WARD
09-09-2019, 07:29 AM
James Conner was open all night. He could have had 15 receptions for 75 yards. Yea, that’s “dink-&-dunk” but it would have forced someone to cover him (leaving a hole elsewhere in the secondary).

Dink and Dunk led to 6 Super Bowls for New England and 5 for San Francisco...lol

NCSteeler
09-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Nah we gotta go deep ten times for no yards it's the only way to play offense and be truly offensive.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Mojouw
09-09-2019, 09:23 AM

This is almost exactly what I thought was going to happen. Teams are going to take away Juju and Conner until another playmaker or two emerges. SHockingly enough a veteran retread FA, a second year guy, a rookie, and a career special teamer were not able to dent one of the better defenses in the league.

This offense lost a cheat code. Perhaps one of the best cheat codes in the entire league. It is gonna take a minute to see how they fix that.

Fire Goodell
09-09-2019, 11:37 AM

Ben doesn't have patience to work the field, he's a part of the problem

BlackAndGold
09-09-2019, 12:05 PM
If I remember correctly when the Steelers were in the red zone Ben missed JuJu wide open. He played well but not great.

Moncreif should be nothing more than a vertical receiver. It's what he has always been, relying on him to make tough catches is setting him up to fail.

Another reason why the Pats bitch slapped this team. They use their players to their strengths.

steel striker
09-09-2019, 01:52 PM
My god give Moncreif some stickum not that it would made a huge difference in the game last night and, yes Ben was off. He had several passes dropped including a TD dropped.

Six Rings
09-11-2019, 07:35 PM
Our #2 Wr has yet to emerge, for now its Switzer

HollywoodSteel
09-11-2019, 08:35 PM
Apart from Juju, the only other potential super star at the WR position is D. Johnson. He’ll probably make some mistakes, but he’s the most likely to become our next AB.

Maybe it’s a mistake to count on him too much right now, but I’d certainly trust him to make any play we’d count on Moncrief to make.

st33lersguy
09-11-2019, 10:01 PM
Wasn't Moncreif supposed to be a valuable asset to the team? Wasn't Ben supposedly getting comfortable with him. And yet he emulated Limas Sweed. Also why the hell have about 90% of the people the Steelers have signed or traded for in free agent either done nothing for this team or actively hurt this team. I think what is overlooked is that the free agent signings in general have been pure dog vomit the past 5 or so seasons in general (before anyone says Joe Haden, hence why I said 90%).

09-11-2019, 10:41 PM
Wasn't Moncreif supposed to be a valuable asset to the team? Wasn't Ben supposedly getting comfortable with him. And yet he emulated Limas Sweed. Also why the hell have about 90% of the people the Steelers have signed or traded for in free agent either done nothing for this team or actively hurt this team. I think what is overlooked is that the free agent signings in general have been pure dog vomit the past 5 or so seasons in general (before anyone says Joe Haden, hence why I said 90%). Ben proved Sunday he is comfortable with Monty. Monty can catch so far, somebody needs to find Monty some old AB gloves laying around somewhere.

cubanstogie
09-11-2019, 11:51 PM
Its too bad Steelers went for the budget bin in free agency. Pretty sure they were interested in Tyrell Williams as well, I know the raiders paid big bucks but the dude looked awesome on Monday night. Caught the ball with his hands, imagine that a receiver actually using their hands and in traffic to boot.

09-12-2019, 01:19 AM
Its too bad Steelers went for the budget bin in free agency. Pretty sure they were interested in Tyrell Williams as well, I know the raiders paid big bucks but the dude looked awesome on Monday night. Caught the ball with his hands, imagine that a receiver actually using their hands and in traffic to boot. I was always taught you catch with your hands but pull it in to the body ASAP. Monty just needs to catch period and don't care which method he uses. Anyways the better wr's in the league don't need taught nothing and comes natural to them.

teegre
09-12-2019, 07:01 AM
The silver lining in all of this: Moncrief was open & targeted ten times (and was open on several other plays). He dropped six of those targets, but at least the guy is getting separation from DBs.

Fast-forward: Ben is going to hit an open receiver. Every time. Why force the ball to a receiver being smothered by a DB? Moncrief simply has to catch those balls.

lt194camaroz
09-12-2019, 08:00 AM
Its too bad Steelers went for the budget bin in free agency. Pretty sure they were interested in Tyrell Williams as well, I know the raiders paid big bucks but the dude looked awesome on Monday night. Caught the ball with his hands, imagine that a receiver actually using their hands and in traffic to boot.

I wanted williams as well and didn't think he would get that much more than moncrief. I knew he was good bc I've had him on my fantasy team in the past and the only reason the Chargers were moving on from him was bc they had 2 studs in Allen and Mike Williams.