PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 games to watch in the NFL

stillers4me
09-29-2010, 05:00 AM
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-09/56416716.jpg
Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch is handed the ball by Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace after they connected on a 46-yard pass for a touchdown during the first quarter of their game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. (Pierre DuCharme / Reuters / September 26, 2010)

The surprising 3-0 Steelers take on the rugged Ravens in Baltimore, always a defensive battle and always a grudge match — this time with the added ingredient of Ben Roethlisberger's absence. It is the last game of the Pittsburgh quarterback's four-game suspension.

Only three teams remain undefeated through the first three weeks of the NFL (http://www.latimes.com/topic/sports/football/nfl-ORSPT000007.topic) season — Pittsburgh, Kansas City and Chicago — and each of them missed the playoffs last season..........
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-farmer-20100929,0,2541914.column

GutterflowerSteel
09-29-2010, 05:11 AM
I thought this was a Steelers home game? I noticed that Brian Billick on NFL Network kept referring to this matchup as if it were an away game for the Steelers, yet the NFL.com schedule says it's at Heinz Field.

venom
09-29-2010, 05:53 AM
Besides the Steeler game , looking foward on seeing McNabb going back to Philly to play against the Eagles

venom
09-29-2010, 05:54 AM
I thought this was a Steelers home game? I noticed that Brian Billick on NFL Network kept referring to this matchup as if it were an away game for the Steelers, yet the NFL.com schedule says it's at Heinz Field.

Even when the Steelers are on the road its a home game to them , lol

Kaeg
09-29-2010, 06:03 AM
This is at least the 3rd time I've seen or heard a reference to the game being in Baltimore. But there's been many times I've heard Heinz. Plus the fact that my schedule shows Heinz field. Why is there so much confusion with this one? Hey, anyone going to the game, please let everyone else know where it is when you get there. (Or where it isn't.)
Hint: If where ever you go has an empty parking lot, you probably still have a several hour drive ahead of you.

stlrtruck
09-29-2010, 06:41 AM
This is at least the 3rd time I've seen or heard a reference to the game being in Baltimore. But there's been many times I've heard Heinz. Plus the fact that my schedule shows Heinz field. Why is there so much confusion with this one? Hey, anyone going to the game, please let everyone else know where it is when you get there. (Or where it isn't.)
Hint: If where ever you go has an empty parking lot, you probably still have a several hour drive ahead of you.

Nothing is worse than listening to ESPN Sunday Night and them referencing the ratbirds as one of the remaining 3-0 teams in the AFC.

CPanther95
09-29-2010, 07:10 AM
It is a home game - Heinz Field.

tube517
09-29-2010, 11:38 AM
It is a home game. They are already playing 3 games in a row on the road later in the season. There is no way they would have to do that twice.

Dino 6 Rings
09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Ok, this is going to be a huge game for all the normal reasons, but most of all, its inter division and if we can grab a win here, the Steelers will be 2-0 against AFC teams. That will be freaking huge come the end of the year tie breakers. Winning the Divison and Conference games is always a first priority.

Anyway, I read the article and they List 3 other "must see" games.

Washington at Philly. I agree, this is a game to watch. So much drama on the line, and actually, if the Redskins do pull off the win, they will take over the NFC East, that's how bad that conference is right now with three 1-2 teams and one 2-1 team.

But the other two, 49ers at Falcons and Colts at Jags are laughers. Really no point watching them other than fantasy reasons.

Here are the other 2 games I'd put on your radar with the Steelers Ravens and Skins Eagles.

1st. Pats at Dolphins. This is a huge game, just as big as the Steelers vs Ravens for those fans. Both of them have already dropped a game to the Jets. Each needs a win in the AFC East to keep in the race already. Huge game for that Division and its a Monday Night Match Up. Huge game.

2nd. Bengals at Browns. After a huge scare last week and lackluster performance against the hapless Panthers, the Bengals have to get things moving again fast. And yet, they are heading into Cleveland, a team that is getting in its own way yet mananged to have a 100 yard rusher last week against the Ravens and almost pulled off the huge upset. If the Bengals drop this game, its over, their locker room will completely implode and there will be talk of Benching Palmer. That's huge, this game is gigantic for the Bengals.

Others to keep an eye on for interesting matchups. Cards at Chargers, Texans at Raiders, and Bears at Giants. All 3 of those games have franchise effecting implications. Chargers lose and they are 1-3, that's horrible. Giants lose and Cowher of all people might just get a phone call. If the Texans lose on the road to Oakland, fans will once again start believing they are still a .500 team. This is one of those moments where Houston has to win a game they are 'supposed to' win.

Anyway. that's my opinion.