PDA

View Full Version : Bush Entering Patriots Game with Confidence, Not Nerves

polamalubeast
09-05-2019, 08:41 PM
Steelers rookie linebacker focused on preparation this week

Starter or not, Devin Bush is going to see plenty of Tom Brady Sunday night.

The Steelers’ rookie linebacker, who will make his NFL debut this weekend when Pittsburgh travels to New England to battle Brady and the defending Super Bowl champions, is planning on carrying in a calm confidence.

“It’s going to be fun,” Bush said Wednesday. “It’ll definitely be an experience. I can’t wait to go out there and play against the Patriots. I’m excited.

“I feel like I’m up to speed. This week is big for me, getting out there and practicing the game plan, getting comfortable with the game plan.”

Bush is listed as the second string inside linebacker, behind starters Vince Williams and Mark Barron. That does not, in any way, mean that Bush will not be a regular participant in the game. How much, however, is still to be determined.

“Whatever coach allows me to do, whether that’s coming in here and there or playing (a lot), it doesn’t matter,” he said.

“It’s going to be a test for me, as well as everybody on this team, especially the defense. There’s going to be a lot of communication going on.”

read more

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles/bush-entering-patriots-game-confidence-not-nerves

Craic
09-05-2019, 09:02 PM
Listening to SNR the other day and someone from there, can't remember who it was, suggested Williams will stay in the game until the Pats* start trying to spread the defense. As soon as that happens, we'll see Bush.

I'd think if we see him, it may be hard to then get him off the field unless he stinks it up.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-06-2019, 09:56 AM
Bush isnt a raw rookie. We can talk NFL pedigree of his father and uncle. Some like to tout his "instincts", but those are really a product of his preparation and knowledge of the game. The kid will have done his film work, knows the opponents and seen some of their formations/plays on film and should be able to recognize them pre snap, like he did for Don Brown at Michigan.

I like the approach of starting veterans, especially when you go out and pay a guy like Barron $6 million a season to play ILB. Bush is gonna earn his playing time and right now it starts as the #3ILB. I think he will earn a start somewhere around week 4-week 8 and never look back.

polamalubeast
09-06-2019, 10:04 AM
Bush isnt a raw rookie. We can talk NFL pedigree of his father and uncle. Some like to tout his "instincts", but those are really a product of his preparation and knowledge of the game. The kid will have done his film work, knows the opponents and seen some of their formations/plays on film and should be able to recognize them pre snap, like he did for Don Brown at Michigan.

I like the approach of starting veterans, especially when you go out and pay a guy like Barron $6 million a season to play ILB. Bush is gonna earn his playing time and right now it starts as the #3ILB. I think he will earn a start somewhere around week 4-week 8 and never look back.

I predict it will be in week 2 if all goes as expected ... Only reason that his playing could be reduced in this game is because his first regular season NFL game ever is against Brady where it is a challenge mentally against them ... Against every others team, Bush would be a starter in week 1 and would play the most snap he can.