PDA

View Full Version : Rice hobbled, status for Steelers game dicey

stillers4me
09-28-2010, 05:20 AM
By The Associated Press
Tuesday, September 28, 2010

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice has a bruised knee that has raised questions about his availability in this week's AFC North showdown against the undefeated Steelers.
Rice had an MRI on Monday after being forced out of Baltimore's 24-17 win over Cleveland on Sunday. Coach John Harbaugh says that the examination revealed a "significant contusion."...................

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_701585.html

venom
09-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Nice !!!

Texasteel
09-28-2010, 06:21 AM
If I had to play a defense like the Steelers I would start limping too.

Crow-Magnon
09-28-2010, 06:25 AM
It's a contusion, no ligament damage.

I would plan on seeing Rice carry the ball, but nowhere near the amount he normally does. McGahee and McClain will get the brunt of the carries, along with Parmalee.

Texasteel
09-28-2010, 06:29 AM
It's a contusion, no ligament damage.

I would plan on seeing Rice carry the ball, but nowhere near the amount he normally does. McGahee and McClain will get the brunt of the carries, along with Parmalee.

Crow, your up! I don't think our defense will forget that you still have a couple pretty good RBs.

Crow-Magnon
09-28-2010, 06:33 AM
Crow, your up! I don't think our defense will forget that you still have a couple pretty good RBs.

Man, I love Rice, but sometimes I think Harbaugh forgets how much of a beast McClain was in 2008. His running style reminds me a lot of the Bus. Get the ball and head north......hard.

HometownGal
09-28-2010, 06:34 AM
Makes no difference to me whether he plays or he doesn't. If the Steelers could stop the best RB in the NFL in Chris Johnson, I feel they can stop anyone. :thumbsup:

Crow-Magnon
09-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Makes no difference to me whether he plays or he doesn't. If the Steelers could stop the best RB in the NFL in Chris Johnson, I feel they can stop anyone. :thumbsup:

There's truth to that, but let's face it. Unless it's the post-season, no team plays the Steelers as hard or as brutal as the Ravens do (and vice-versa). Almost to the point where you can throw the normal week-to-week stats out the window. Rice could rush for 125 yards and two TD's, or 36 yards and two fumbles. Neither outcome would surprise me.

BuddhaBus
09-28-2010, 07:20 AM
There's truth to that, but let's face it. Unless it's the post-season, no team plays the Steelers as hard or as brutal as the Ravens do (and vice-versa). Almost to the point where you can throw the normal week-to-week stats out the window. Rice could rush for 125 yards and two TD's, or 36 yards and two fumbles. Neither outcome would surprise me.

While I admire your confidence in your team, there is no way in Cleveland a banged up Rice breaks 100 yds rushing against this defense. I'm more concerned with our secondary shutting down your WRs. You do have a point about the brutality of Ravens/Steelers games though. No other rivalry in sports can even touch it. Here's to a hard-hitting, slobber-knocker of a war come Sunday, Crow! The only way we know it to be! :drink:

HometownGal
09-28-2010, 07:36 AM
While I admire your confidence in your team, there is no way in Cleveland a banged up Rice breaks 100 yds rushing against this defense. I'm more concerned with our secondary shutting down your WRs. You do have a point about the brutality of Ravens/Steelers games though. No other rivalry in sports can even touch it. Here's to a hard-hitting, slobber-knocker of a war come Sunday, Crow! The only way we know it to be! :drink:

:applaudit:

Couldn't have said it any better Buddha. :thumbsup:

Steelers/Rats games are brutal and both teams hate the other so it should be a kick-ass game, BUT - that being said - I agree that Rice with a bum knee isn't going to gain a whole helluva lot on the Steelers DL. If the Rats beat us, it will be through the air on Flacid's arm.

Here's to an exciting and injury-free game Crow! :drink:

ALLD
09-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Hope they don't try to spin it into an excuse. I would be more worried about Bouldin than any of their RBs.

BuddhaBus
09-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Hope they don't try to spin it into an excuse. I would be more worried about Bouldin than any of their RBs.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the refs will be "the excuse". :boink:

Indo
09-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Meh----Sports Journalist-Spin

It's the STEELERS-RAVENS game.
Contusion=Bruise
A week is plenty of time for it to heal.

Rice will play.

BuddhaBus
09-28-2010, 07:59 AM
:applaudit:

Couldn't have said it any better Buddha. :thumbsup:

Steelers/Rats games are brutal and both teams hate the other so it should be a kick-ass game, BUT - that being said - I agree that Rice with a bum knee isn't going to gain a whole helluva lot on the Steelers DL. If the Rats beat us, it will be through the air on Flacid's arm.

Here's to an exciting and injury-free game Crow! :drink:

Thanks! :humble:

I'm worried Flacco finds his "zone" and shreds the corners. I've gotta admit they've looked pretty good so far though. BMac is looking good, Taylor still can't catch for shit but looks to be on top of it otherwise and even (GASP! :jawdrop2:) Gay has looked solid. I've even thought about starting a Willie Gay fan club. How's "Gay Pride" for a name? :noidea: :heh:

Steeldude
09-28-2010, 08:25 AM
i hope rice can play.

tube517
09-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Have to agree with you, Crow. McClain should be used more as a closer, at least. He's a load.

Man, I love Rice, but sometimes I think Harbaugh forgets how much of a beast McClain was in 2008. His running style reminds me a lot of the Bus. Get the ball and head north......hard.

CPanther95
09-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Hard to use it as an excuse when you're facing a team's 4th string QB.

Plus, Rice is decent, but he's no Hillis. :pointlaugh:

The Duke
09-28-2010, 09:38 AM
but sometimes I think Harbaugh forgets how much of a beast McClain was in 2008.

tell me about it

That guy can definitely play, and if rice does miss the game they should use mcclain more. He's had his fair share of success against us before too

That said, I hope Rice plays

No excuses!

Crow-Magnon
09-28-2010, 02:35 PM

I didn't say Rice would break 100, just that I would not be surprised if he did. Nor would I be shocked if he carried 22 times for 36 yards.

That's the thing about Ravens-Steelers games. Almost anything can happen when everyone is beating the eff out of each other on every snap.

JonM229
09-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Hope they don't try to spin it into an excuse.

You'd be surprised how many fans still think our offense would be better off with Troy Smith.

Crow-Magnon
09-28-2010, 05:20 PM
You'd be surprised how many fans still think our offense would be better off with Troy Smith.

I'd be surprised.

Bulger? Maybe. But Smith? Not after that fourth preseason game.

Edman
09-28-2010, 05:43 PM
That kinda sucks. I want Rice to play.

I want to see how good we are on Defense.

ALLD
09-28-2010, 05:46 PM
That kinda sucks. I want Rice to play.

I want to see how good we are on Defense.

"The Ravens have the #1 defense in the NFL."
-Mike Tomlin

It's going to be a war.

steelpride12
09-28-2010, 05:51 PM
I'd rather beat the Ratbirds fair and square and wish that Rice does play. He lit us up last season both games and to beat this team and shut him down would be the best feeling!

Crow-Magnon
09-28-2010, 07:01 PM
RT @RayRice27: Knee feeling a lot better I was so happy when I found out it was just a bruise no worries I will be back asap > BMore exhales
about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck
Reply Retweet

Sounds like Ray doesn't want to ride the pine come Sunday.

BuddhaBus
09-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Sounds like Ray doesn't want to ride the pine come Sunday.

Well if he doesn't ride the pine, the "Wood" will be riding HIM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AghJwNcVQfY

Nadroj 20
09-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Well he would become more hobbled after playing this Defense. I'm not just saying this because it will help us if he doesnt play, but long term for the rats they need him heathly and playing him against the steelers if hes not 100% seems stupid.

Psycho Ward 86
09-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Ravens and Steelers games are practically always close, regardless of the situation. Ray Lewis, Ngata, and Ed Reed could all be victims of a wild plane crash, and the Ravens would still find a way to win/lose the game with a 3 point spread. Likewise, without Ben, i think it could be a nailbiter of a game. But seriously Crow, wtf happened to the run defense. Ok sure, Peyton Hillis had one really long run (48 yards), but even if you take that away, Hills had 21 carries for 96 yards, a TD, 7 receptions, and a 4.57 YPC average.

Even if Rice does play, doesnt mean he'll play at an optimum level, mind you guys. Just like during the AFCCG in '08 when McClain (almost broke 1k, double digit TD's) played with an injury and had next to no carries for no gain.

Psycho Ward 86
09-28-2010, 09:01 PM
And thank FREAKING GOD Ed Reed isnt playing. I would have mini heart attacks on every pass attempt.

Boomerang
09-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Look forward to shutting the Ratbirds down.

Galax Steeler
09-29-2010, 03:43 AM
I want to see another classic showdown between these two teams. They always seem to bring the best out of each other. I think it would be better if we had Ben going into this Sunday but we don't so lets get ready to play some ball this Sunday.

Texasteel
09-29-2010, 07:20 AM
I alway thought it would be great to have a Steelers, Ravens SB. The might have to chance the taxi zone into and ambulance zone though.