PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Notebook: Three and oh, so good

stillers4me
09-28-2010, 05:17 AM
By: Mike Bires ("")

Beaver County Times
Monday September 27, 2010 11:33 PM

After three weeks of the season, only two AFC teams have yet to lose — the surprising Kansas City Chiefs and the equally surprising Steelers. Considering they had the worst record in the AFC last year at 4-12, the Chiefs’ 3-0 start is most impressive.

Likewise for the Steelers, who opened the season with star quarterback Ben Roethlisberger serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s personal conduct code in March.

“The league does not want us to be 4-0 with a mad Ben coming back, I’ll tell you that,” Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said. “We’re playing with a lot of confidence as a team, offensively, defensively, special teams. I know Ben right now is itching to hurry up and get back to be here with us. Right now, we are just playing good solid football, and next week, I don’t think we need a pep talk or anything to get up for Baltimore. We know what’s at stake.” ................

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2010/september/27/steelers-notebook-three-and-oh-so-good.html