PDA

View Full Version : Steelers #1 In Power Rankings

SteelerEmpire
09-28-2010, 02:30 AM
...well, this is the first one to say they are. Here we go folks... here we go.

Bleacher Rpt: LINK: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/475168-nfl-power-rankings-week-4-three-undefeated-teams-remaining

CBS Sports: LINK: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14032616/nfl-power-rankings-no-ben-no-worries-for-steelers

NBC Sports: LINK: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/28/week-three-power-rankings/?related=1

UPDATE: Also at NFL.com ..... 5 of 6 experts picks Steelers... :hail::hail::hail:

NFL.com: LINK: http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts

We've come a LONG way since 5 min. before game 1 ...

Galax Steeler
09-28-2010, 03:12 AM
We are starting to get some recognition even though I don't mind flying under the radar.

stillers4me
09-28-2010, 05:05 AM
pfffft.........I knew it all along. Can I get a job like that? Idiots forgot about WHY our defense fell last year. Gotta get out that picture of the bandwagon..........

venom
09-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Damn , they're on to us , lol

Kaeg
09-28-2010, 06:03 AM
We've come a LONG way since 5 min. before game 1 ...

I remember Jimmy Johnson emphatically saying 1-3 at best right before kick off game 1. Seemed even a little bit arrogant about it to me. :pointlaugh: Meanwhile, coach Cowher was saying at least 3-1, maybe 4-0.

Texasteel
09-28-2010, 06:18 AM
I remember Jimmy Johnson emphatically saying 1-3 at best right before kick off game 1. Seemed even a little bit arrogant about it to me. :pointlaugh: Meanwhile, coach Cowher was saying at least 3-1, maybe 4-0.

The first game we loose Johnson will be talking about how fortunate we've been and how we could never have gotten by the real teams like the new england, and dallas. If we don't loose, he will just forget about it and pretend he never said it.

Butch
09-28-2010, 06:35 AM
Rankings shmankings!!!

I only care about these when they disrespect us and give us a reason to win.

We are only as good as we are in this weeks game and everything before that is only a memory. Damn the torpedo's FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!

HometownGal
09-28-2010, 06:49 AM
Rankings shmankings!!!

I only care about these when they disrespect us and give us a reason to win.

We are only as good as we are in this weeks game and everything before that is only a memory. Damn the torpedo's FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!

You bet your bippy! :applaudit:

The only rankings I care about are in Week #17 when we're headed into the playoffs. :thumbsup:

Devilsdancefloor
09-28-2010, 07:08 AM
You bet your bippy! :applaudit:

The only rankings I care about are in Week #17 when we're headed into the playoffs. :thumbsup:

before i bet my bippy what is it? yes so true week 17 is all i care about then it is time to bash some heads for #7 :)

BuddhaBus
09-28-2010, 07:13 AM
CRAP! I'd rather them continue playing with a chip on their shoulder and be counted out! The last thing we need is to have this as Big Ben is getting ready to slip back into the driver's seat. I hope he doesn't get a swelled head and think that it's going to be a breeze when he comes back. I want to see them continue playing at this level and with the same aggressiveness.

fansince'76
09-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Woot! BCS, here we come! :chuckle:

LLT
09-28-2010, 07:19 AM
. Gotta get out that picture of the bandwagon..........

http://venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/bandwagon070708.jpg

BuddhaBus
09-28-2010, 07:22 AM

:rofl2:

The Bull Crap System?

SteelMember
09-28-2010, 07:23 AM

I think we can take Boise State even if bippy's out. :lol:

HometownGal
09-28-2010, 07:32 AM
before i bet my bippy what is it? yes so true week 17 is all i care about then it is time to bash some heads for #7 :)

"You bet your bippy" is a 70's saying from a show back in the day called "Rowan and Martins Laugh-In". It means - YOU BET YOUR ASS! :heh: ;)

ALLD
09-28-2010, 07:50 AM
"You bet your bippy" is a 70's saying from a show back in the day called "Rowan and Martins Laugh-In". It means - YOU BET YOUR ASS! :heh: ;)

"Sock it to me."

Dino 6 Rings
09-28-2010, 08:40 AM
I'll wait for the ESPN rankings to come out today to give my opinion on them.

For the record, the Bills are still 32nd in my book. They suck big fat donkey....hey look over there children....balls!

tube517
09-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Rankings are Worthless. This isn't college football. What counts is the Lombardi trophy at the end. Period.

Bluecoat96
09-28-2010, 08:46 AM

I did not know that. Of course, I was BORN in the 70's, so that's probably why. :chuckle::wink02::behindsofa:

Indo
09-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Since we're using "Laugh-In" sayings.....

"Verrrrrry Interesting" (in my best German accent)

But, as I said before, the ONLY thing that matters is whose fingerprints are on the Lombardi at the end of the season.

X-Terminator
09-28-2010, 09:24 AM
CRAP! I'd rather them continue playing with a chip on their shoulder and be counted out! The last thing we need is to have this as Big Ben is getting ready to slip back into the driver's seat. I hope he doesn't get a swelled head and think that it's going to be a breeze when he comes back. I want to see them continue playing at this level and with the same aggressiveness.

I don't think you'll have to worry. It seems this team, especially the defense, is playing with a focus and intensity we haven't seen in a long, long time. Just look at what Harrison said after they won Sunday - they don't want anyone jumping on their bandwagon after they were counted out by pretty much everyone before the season started. I don't think they are going to allow themselves to get caught up in what a bunch of talking heads say on TV.

BuddhaBus
09-28-2010, 09:28 AM
I don't think you'll have to worry. It seems this team, especially the defense, is playing with a focus and intensity we haven't seen in a long, long time. Just look at what Harrison said after they won Sunday - they don't want anyone jumping on their bandwagon after they were counted out by pretty much everyone before the season started. I don't think they are going to allow themselves to get caught up in what a bunch of talking heads say on TV.

I think you are right X-T. The D is pretty locked in right now.

steelpride12
09-28-2010, 09:29 AM
I don't care what were ranked one bit. I usually would want us mid pack with no one staring at us with a bulls eye on our chests, but this team is straight up determined right now. The defense is out to prove themselves after last years breakdown while doing this for Coach Dick Lebeau for his Hall of Fame induction! Ben is coming back with a lot of work to do, but he knows and will have a vengeance and IMO kick some major ass!

Not being a homer or cocky, but I would worry about us down the stretch, our schedule get's tough, but the Steelers are the real deal this season.

The Duke
09-28-2010, 09:46 AM
I maintain that they should be ranked 31st

power rankings are THAT useless

CPanther95
09-28-2010, 09:48 AM
FOX Sports has us #1, but what's truly remarkable after only 3 games is that we beat the #3 & #4 teams.

polamalubeast
09-28-2010, 02:18 PM
1 (5) Steelers 3-0-0 Who knew fourth-stringer Charlie Batch was the answer to Pittsburgh's QB woes? (Walker)
2 (1) Saints 2-1-0 NFC South has a legitimate rivalry now that Falcons have won at New Orleans. (Sando)
3 (4) Colts 2-1-0 In Denver, the Colts gave up a lot of yards, but they made defensive plays in red zone. (Kuharsky)
4 (2) Packers 2-1-0 It's hard to beat anyone when you're committing 18 penalties. (Walker)
5 (10) Falcons 2-1-0 Victory at New Orleans affirmed the good vibes resonating with this team. (Sando)
6 (12) Bears 3-0-0 Back-to-back wins over Dallas and Green Bay show the Bears are a force in the NFC. (Walker)
7 (6) Jets 2-1-0 For those judging QB development, Mark Sanchez has a slight lead over Chad Henne. (Clayton)
8 (8) Ravens 2-1-0 WR Anquan Boldin (three touchdowns in Week 3) showed why the Ravens acquired him. (Walker)
9 (3) Texans 2-1-0 The Texans' offense has to overcome defensive deficiencies. (Kuharsky)
10 (9) Patriots 2-1-0 With a defense giving up an average of 27.3 points a game, Bill Belichick isn't afraid to bench anyone. (Clayton)

read more

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2010&week=4

unbelievable

They put the Steelers in the 19th rank in the offseason and after three weeks, the Steelers are first!

The last time they put the Steelers in the first place, it was in 2008 after Week 15!

hotrodder07
09-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Goes to show how little those guys really know, ranking us 19th in the offseason.

That said, Fox sports and CBS sports also have us at #1.

Edit: oops, just realized there's already another thread for this. =/

venom
09-28-2010, 03:02 PM
I was hoping we would fly under the radar . Not anymore .

O'Malley
09-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Tomlin will keep our players feet on the ground and keep them playing hungry. Hopefully they will keep that chip on their shoulder and play pissed off too.

solardave
09-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Goes to show how little those guys really know, ranking us 19th in the offseason.

That said, Fox sports and CBS sports also have us at #1.

Edit: oops, just realized there's already another thread for this. =/

So does fanhouse and I'm sure Docsports does too.

Dino 6 Rings
09-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Dino 6 Rings opinion on the Current Power Rankings:

1. Steelers, Duh, clearly the best of the 3-0 teams, Falcons 2-1, Titans 2-1, Bucs 2-1. What's the same? Oh right...who they all lost to.

2. Saints. I'm starting to think not so highly of the Saints. They have not impressed me in their wins, and disappointed me in their loss. I'm pushing for Green Bay or the Colts in this spot.

3. Colts. Offense is great, defense is ok. Lost a big game on the road, but I suspect at home, they will win all 8 games, put them about 12 wins on the year.

4. Packers. Tough loss on the road in a big game on a Monday Night. Still a very good team.

5. Falcons. Not so impressed with them for their road win as much as I am not sold on the Saints. The Cardinals win isn't that big a deal to me either. Too high.

6. Bears. The worst of the 3-0 teams in my opinion talent wise. The Chiefs have a stronger roster, but the Bears are playing for their coach's job and for some respect since they've been laughed at ever since they lost the super bowl a few years ago.

7. Jets. Really? This highly? Come on with all the Jets love already. Wooh, they beat the Patriots and then, beat the Dolphins. They split for the season, we all know it. Come on. Too high.

8. Ravens. Really? why? Because you beat the Browns who are winless? This vote is based upon Crybaby Ray Ray's little "hate the refs" rant. How's that rushing defense? Oh right, the 3rd string RB from Arkansas behind McFadden and Jones GASHED you. 8? Really?

9. Texans. A heck of a roster buy you choked in a big game at home. Win that game, and people respect you, but you lost...so now...8 is too high. Choke Choke Choke.

10. Patriots. Yep, they could be higher, but their defense is not very good. They still can hang with anyone in the league in my opinion and are still a very well coached team. put them up a little. Better than the Ravens in my opinion and the Texans and the Falcons.

11. Dolphins. Good team, still young under center, but a good team. A win over the Jets would have been huge, but alas, it wasn't meant to be...yet. This is about right.

12. Bengals. Churp tweet churp tweet. You were a loss to the Panthers away from having your locker room explode. Luckily, it was the panthers. Better beat the browns this week though.

13. Titans. Yawn. You beat the hapless offenseless Giants. Granted, you did it at their house, so that's a plus. But are you going to beat the Colts twice this year or even the Texans twice this year. I say no.

14. Eagles. Vick is making Reid look brilliant. We'll see if he can keep it up. A win this week over the Redskins would be huge for the entire organization. Beating McNabb would be fantastic for the Eagles.

15. Chiefs. Still no love for the Chiefs who are freaking loaded with speed and talent. Of coarse, they beat the 0-3 Browns, the 0-3 49ers and the 1-2 Chargers. So I guess I get it.

16. Cowboys. One loss away from being ranked 30th. This is still too high. Woah, I'm supposed to be all impressed because you beat the Texans? Dudes. The Texans? Really?

17. Vikings. 1-2. Actually not a bad win last week, if you can win while your QB gaffs over and over again I guess the rest of the team is pretty good. Get someone for Brett to throw too and this team could still be legit.

18. Chargers. Worst Coaching job Ever. how can you have years of roster talent wasted like this? Seriously? A loss this week should get the GM Fired for not bringing in those hold outs and getting deals done.

19. Seahawks. I already got you figured out. Win all 8 at home, lose all 8 on the road. That'll be 8-8 but your suicidal coffee drinking living in the dreary rain fans will have fun at the home games. Enjoy the season.

20. Bucs. Woah. Just because they got their Butts handed to them by the Steelers doesn't mean they are worse than the Seahawks, or the Chargers or the Cowboys...but this is how they will finish now that the Paper Tiger has been Shredded. Oh yeah, I went Paper Tiger fools!

21. Redskins...how do you lose at St Louis? Really? McNabb has always been and will always be a choke. And they have no defense at this point. 2 year project for Shanny.

22. Cardinals. worst 2-1 team in the league. Typical cardinals though, get killed one week, win the next week, then get killed again...this week, going to SD, we'll see which one of them actually is worth their weight in salt.

23. Broncos. I'd say this is too high but there isn't anyone to put past them since the rest of the league is pretty bad. Maybe the Rams. They are probably better roster spot vs roster spot. Maybe the Raiders too.

24. Giants. God you are pathetic. For real. How can you be so bad. 500 yard offense with 10 points? And now I hear Cowher rumors? Gaaaawd Awful. Don't even want to bother writing about you. Miss Plax yet?

25. 49ers. Best 0-3 team I've seen in a while...but then again...you are 0-3. Fired your OC...and the Head Coach is on the hotseat. Guess what? Your QB sucks and you don't run the ball enough. Hence, 0-3.

26. Jags. when is the last time you sold out a home game? I hear LA is STILL in the market? are you intentionally bad or is this just what happens? People move to Jacksonville Florida and get lazy?

27. St Louis Rams. I contend not this low. Pretty bad but that team is turning around. They are about a year away from making a run in that weak sauce division. That QB is turning out to be a really good pick. Expect some growing pains, but really, not a bad team. I guess first round in the draft next season...DE.

28. Raiders. Come on Oakland. Stop sucking so I can hate you again. Right now its like picking on the slow kid. And you have talent on the roster, all except where it counts...your Oline makes the Steelers look all world. Think about it.

29. Panthers TOO HIGH. You are not the 29th team in the league, you are the 31st and that's only because of the Bills. Sucking over there and I don't see a single win on your schedule, at all. Not after you lost to the Giants of all teams. Cowher Power.

30. Browns. Ugly team, just ugly, but dang it, I love your running back. I was giddy to see the numbers put up against the Ravens and would not have been upset had you beat them. But you didn't. Cause you suck. Ya really do. But I won't over look you whenever we play, not after last year (and for the record, the first year the Browns came back into the league the Steelers humiliated them week 1, it was bad, but guess what? The Browns won game 2 and Rooney was quoted as saying "that's why its called a Rivalry") Never OverLook the Browns.

31. Lions. I actually have you higher than the Browns and Panthers but that's about it. Lots of young talent on the offense but your defense needs a lot of help still. Come on Lions. Get me one win so I never have to see the 0-16 Again.

32. Alabama Crimson Tide. A heck of a win over the Hogs this week. Fayetteville is a tough place to play, and you were down early, but you played your game and won in the end. Good job Bama.

33. Ohio State. A Laugher again, 70+ points should mean you pay double for the other team to be beaten that bad. Talk about a rent a win. Still, you're a good team.

34. Buffalo Bills. Yeah Fools, I put you behind TWO College Teams because you are that flawed and pathetic. Oh sure, you "almost" gave the Patriots a game, but did anyone really think you'd win? Nope. Here is proof you suck, you hired a head coach, from a college team, that sucked on that college team as head coach, that went to that college after being fired from an nfl team for sucking. Where in that pattern does it say "good coach" exactly? Yeah, you suck big time.

steeldevil
09-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Oh boy #1 in power rankings... who cares?

JonM229
09-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Ravens coach John Harbaugh isn't surprised by the Steelers 3-0 record:

“OK, you asked me last summer what I thought about the Steelers without Ben Roethlisberger. Does anybody remember? What did I say?” Harbaugh asked the Baltimore media Monday afternoon. “I said they’re going to be a very good football team no matter who is playing quarterback, and that’s turned out to be true, right?

“So listen: This is a darn good football team. They have a great defense. They have a great running game. They have dangerous wide receivers. Their special teams are much improved. We’re not surprised they’re 3-0, but we don’t care. We’re going to play the game.”

“They’re a tremendous football team,” Harbaugh said. “The last five times we’ve played, there have been two overtime games and a bunch of three- and four-point games. And it shouldn’t be any different [this time] if we hold up our end of the bargain.”

Read the entire article at http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/09/28/harbaugh-not-surprised-by-steelers/

ALLD
09-28-2010, 05:53 PM
If you reread Sports Illustrated team summaries going into pre-season, they don't even mention Batch.

The Duke
09-28-2010, 07:01 PM
32. Alabama Crimson Tide. A heck of a win over the Hogs this week. Fayetteville is a tough place to play, and you were down early, but you played your game and won in the end. Good job Bama.

33. Ohio State. A Laugher again, 70+ points should mean you pay double for the other team to be beaten that bad. Talk about a rent a win. Still, you're a good team.

34. Buffalo Bills. Yeah Fools, I put you behind TWO College Teams because you are that flawed and pathetic. Oh sure, you "almost" gave the Patriots a game, but did anyone really think you'd win? Nope. Here is proof you suck, you hired a head coach, from a college team, that sucked on that college team as head coach, that went to that college after being fired from an nfl team for sucking. Where in that pattern does it say "good coach" exactly? Yeah, you suck big time.

:rofl2:

oh bills, they must really be eying Locker

I'll give them a little credit, they finally got rid of Trent Edwards. It came 4 weeks to late but still

GBMelBlount
09-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Very cool. I love reading the power rankings and analysts reasoning. I liken it to reading a tabloid. Pure entertainment / B.S. gossip but still......it's entertaining.

Barring injuries this is gonna be a helluva fun season to be a Steelers fan!

CPanther95
09-28-2010, 07:45 PM
You know that despite saying that the Steelers going 3-0 without Ben shows how scary good they are - if we lose next week, we'll drop 5 or 6 places.

cold-hard-steel
09-28-2010, 07:52 PM
The NFP has Colts at #1,us at #2,and Chicago at #3,ravens #4,Saints rounding out the top 5.

Nadroj 20
09-28-2010, 08:11 PM

Boise better not screw us over.

Merchant
09-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Ravens coach John Harbaugh isn't surprised by the Steelers 3-0 record:

Read the entire article at http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/09/28/harbaugh-not-surprised-by-steelers/

ahaha... gotta give credit to the Mods for that avi and caption.

Craic
09-28-2010, 10:48 PM

:buttkick:

:chuckle: