PDA

View Full Version : Terry Bradshaw On Antonio Brown: ‘I Cannot Stand Divas’

polamalubeast
07-25-2019, 07:07 AM
There are many who would still argue that Terry Bradshaw is the greatest quarterback in Pittsburgh Steelers history, and perhaps the greatest offensive player. Maybe only second to Joe Greene as the greatest and most important player the franchise has ever had.

That said, he hasn’t always portrayed himself in the most flattering light, a trend that has gotten further and further toward the occasionally embarrassing sign as he has gotten further and further away from his playing career.

Bradshaw has put his foot in his mouth a number of times over the years, commenting on issues that he frankly has no business doing, but he offered some strong opinions related to Antonio Brown while on The Jim Rome Podcast that I think will be met with a lot of agreement here.

The first point, about which he was adamant, is that the Steelers are going to be a worse team on the field without him. This isn’t a very controversial point, though it has been debated while attempting to factor in every variable imaginable.

His second point was more personal, and more passionate, and it came after Rome asked him how he felt about the way Brown forced his way out of Pittsburgh, the Steelers ultimately trading him to the Oakland Raiders.

I cannot stand divas. Can’t stand ‘em. I don’t want to play with ‘em. I don’t want anything to do with ‘em. This game is too hard without my having to babysit and force plays to a guy just to keep him happy. If he cares about the football team, he’ll shut up. He will keep his mouth shut and play the game. That’s my thinking. I’m 70. I’m not 30 or 31. I’m 70. And that’s the kind of player I want to play with. I don’t want to play with a diva.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/07/terry-bradshaw-on-antonio-brown-i-cannot-stand-divas/

86WARD
07-25-2019, 09:49 AM
That’s the thing...AB no longer cares about the team...

tube517
07-25-2019, 10:54 AM
Funny thing is, his WR's would try and kiss his ass to throw them the ball more than the other. Their words not mine. Difference is they were team players when it mattered the most.

hawaiiansteeler
07-25-2019, 01:38 PM
Funny thing is, his WR's would try and kiss his ass to throw them the ball more than the other.

that's because if any of them had pulled AB's shit Terry would have never thrown them the ball and the WRs knew it.

maybe that's what Ben should have done instead of trying to appease AB's ass.

FrancoLambert
07-25-2019, 01:50 PM
Seriously doubt that there is a WR that ever played who didn’t hound the QB with, “ I’m open man, get me the ball.”
Or, “I don’t get the ball enough.”
Swann and Stallworth both did it, but neither one valued personal stats over winning.
Very different story with Mr. Big Chest.

tube517
07-25-2019, 01:52 PM
that's because if any of them had pulled AB's shit Terry would have never thrown them the ball and the WRs knew it.

maybe that's what Ben should have done instead of trying to appease AB's ass.

I think Noll would've done something before Terry even had a chance to.

teegre
07-25-2019, 01:56 PM
Seriously doubt that there is a WR that ever played who didn’t hound the QB with, “ I’m open man, get me the ball.”
Swann and Stallworth both did it, but neither one valued personal stats over winning.

Indeed. Swann and Stallworth lobbied for the ball on every single play. Every. Single. Play.

But, as you also said, they weren’t asshats (I paraphrased).

EzraTank
07-25-2019, 02:04 PM

FB and Twitter didn't exist then either.

tube517
07-25-2019, 02:32 PM

Also when the team captains are Mean Joe, Jack Lambert and Sam Davis, you know that locker room is locked down tight.

polamalubeast
07-25-2019, 02:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj3zDdqbwTY

things like that have nothing to do with twitter or facebook

hawaiiansteeler
07-25-2019, 03:22 PM

yup, that's the kind of shit from AB I was talking about.

FrancoLambert
07-25-2019, 08:47 PM
Also when the team captains are Mean Joe, Jack Lambert and Sam Davis, you know that locker room is locked down tight.

I’m coming to the realization that you no longer find “locker room sheriffs” in the NFL...or any other sport.
Nobody wants to have the guts to get in a guy’s face and demand accountability to the team and each other.
Can only imagine how Greene and Lambert would have dealt with AB. :asskick:

EzraTank
07-26-2019, 08:50 AM

Yes but diva's posting on social media and posting stupid Facebook live videos talking about playing the Patriots before you beat the Jaguars is diva shit and this is a really really long run on sentence that my 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Fallon used to yell at me for writing and then she would tell my parents and I would get into trouble and I couldn't go outside to play and I hated Mrs. Fallon for telling them but as I got older I realized it helped me and I wasn't so mad anymore and now I don't write run on sentences anymore!

Mojouw
07-26-2019, 11:14 AM
So the 70 year old old school NFL guy hates the guy who is 4 decades younger than him and acts foolishly? Shocking. Next the internet is going to tell me that water is wet, the sky is blue, and bacon tastes good.

polamalubeast
07-28-2019, 03:36 PM
I did not want to create another thread on Antonio Brown, so I put this article here..

Antonio Brown Blasts Ben Roethlisberger As Reason He Left Steelers In Video

Antonio Brown is the new Oakland Raiders wide-receiver, but it’s very clear he’s still thinking about the Pittsburgh Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger.

In a newly posted youtube video, Brown hired some guy with a beard to narrate a video that goes into detail on the events that lead up to Brown’s demand to be traded away from the Steelers.

It boils down to this: Ben Roethlisberger was the catalyst for Brown’s departure from Pittsburgh.

Here’s the video posted nine minutes ago on his youtube Channel (should have used Zennie62 on YouTube):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h00Lvvs0kw

According to the video called “The Reason Antonio Brown Demanded A Trade From The Steelers”, the whole problem started on a 2017 NFL Week 4 trip to play the Baltimore Ravens. “Brown broke wide open for what would have been a huge third down play, only to have Big Ben never look his way,” said the narrator.

The video explains that Antonio threw a temper tantrum on the sidelines. Then, Roethlisberger told the media that he didn’t intentionally ignore Brown, that the play instructions called for him to read one side of the defense away from Antonio.

Brown’s video then brought up the criticism that Roethlisberger took for blasting Brown in the media.

After that, Brown claims the Steelers again avoided throwing to him in the game against the Browns, where they tied. And then he was more upset when Roethlisberger avoided throwing to him against the Chiefs, and elected to run for a touchdown.

Afterward, the pair put the controversy behind them – for a while. But then Brown points to Roethlisberger, again, blaming him for the loss to the Denver Broncos. Then loss three of the next four games after that.

The video then brings up the angry encounter between Roethlisberger and Brown in practice. And the eventual outcome where the Steelers missed the playoffs.

Then The Video points to media blows both Roethlisberger and Brown iNFLicted on each other, pointing to Brown liking a tweet referencing Roethlisberger’s sexual misconduct legal issues of the past. The speaker calls that episode a “Defcon 1” level action that snapped the Brown and Roethlisberger relationship.

read more

https://oaklandnewsnow.com/2019/07/28/antonio-brown-blasts-ben-roethlisberger-as-reason-he-left-steelers-in-video/

Ignore Antonio Brown on the play in Baltimore in 2017, when it would have been an easy TD ?????

C'mon, never a QB would have intentionally missed a WR for an easy TD

Ignore Brown in the first 2 games against Cleveland and Kansas City?!..Cry me a river!!!

Brown had 16 targets against Cleveland (9 catch, 93 yards) and 17 targets against KC (9 catches for 67 yards)

So Ben did not ignore Brown in both games!!!...It's embarassing if this is true that Brown was not happy

silver & black
07-28-2019, 03:44 PM
I guess we'll see. As most of you know, I not sold on the trade.... or AB.

hawaiiansteeler
07-28-2019, 04:02 PM
I guess we'll see. As most of you know, I not sold on the trade.... or AB.

AB will be on his best behavior this season to try and prove it was indeed all Ben's fault.

polamalubeast
07-28-2019, 04:10 PM
AB will be on his best behavior this season to try and prove it was indeed all Ben's fault.

The focus for AB this year could be more on the Steelers that on the Raiders.Especially for the win-loss record