PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Was Last Time Steelers had a Pro Bowl CB

86WARD
06-29-2019, 04:15 AM
Steelers haven't had a Pro Bowl CB since Rod Woodson in 1996. 22 years...

Steeldude
06-29-2019, 04:55 AM
Sounds about right. I don't see it changing any time soon.

fansince'76
06-29-2019, 06:41 AM
There was a 22-year gap between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger as well.

So in a historical sense, the Steelers have become about as bad at picking CBs as they are at picking QBs...

st33lersguy
06-29-2019, 08:44 AM
I thought Ike Taylor was a top coverage corner he just didn't make the pro bowl because he had hands of stone dipped in butter

lipps83
06-29-2019, 09:01 AM
I thought Ike Taylor was a top coverage corner he just didn't make the pro bowl because he had hands of stone dipped in butter

He was the best corner the Steelers have had since Woodson though. It was a shame he didn't get the recognition he deserved because of having cinder blocks for hands.

teegre
06-29-2019, 09:06 AM

:nod:

The Pro Bowl is a joke. First of all, no fans outside of the AFC North knew who Ike Taylor was; so, he wasn’t winning that voting contest. (Many OCs knew who he was, though.) Plus, the Pro Bowl is all about INTs. I remember a few pedestrian CBs with 8 INTs making the Pro Bowl (but, they also allowed 75+ yards per game).

SUMMATION:
I’d take Ike Taylor over almost all of the CBs who made the Pro Bowl during his tenure.

Champ Bailey, Darrelle Revis, and Nnamdi Asomugha are obviously a “No”. But, guys like Aaron Glenn, Tory Janes, Deltha O’Neal, Cortland Finnegan, heck, even Asante Samuel... pfft.

slippy
06-29-2019, 09:51 AM
ike taylor did hang onto the two most important interceptions, in the broncos championship game and in the seahawks super bowl.

Six Rings
06-30-2019, 10:31 AM
There was a 22-year gap between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger as well.

So in a historical sense, the Steelers have become about as bad at picking CBs as they are at picking QBs...

O'Donnell made the pro bowl in-between. Here's the thing. At QB there is only one man playing. Ad Defensive back there are two cornerback spots open.

Hawkman
06-30-2019, 12:52 PM
I guess this is more off season BS to talk about. I tend to be a glass half full kinda guy. In that same time period, how many ILBs and OLBs have we sent to the pro bowl? In that time period, how many top 5 defenses have we had?

Just another opportunity to bitch about our CBs. Sort of like the old OL threads.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-30-2019, 02:12 PM
I guess this is more off season BS to talk about. I tend to be a glass half full kinda guy. In that same time period, how many ILBs and OLBs have we sent to the pro bowl? In that time period, how many top 5 defenses have we had?

Just another opportunity to bitch about our CBs. Sort of like the old OLB threads.

Fixed it for ya.

It's a Worlidong fix.

Hawkman
06-30-2019, 02:36 PM
Fixed it for ya.

It's a Worlidong fix.

:rofl2:

86WARD
06-30-2019, 03:56 PM
O'Donnell made the pro bowl in-between. Here's the thing. At QB there is only one man playing. Ad Defensive back there are two cornerback spots open.

Kordell - 2001

- - - Updated - - -

Just another opportunity to bitch about our CBs. Sort of like the old OL threads.

Not really something to bitch about as much as an interesting fact in regards to the CB position and the success of the team...
N

fansince'76
06-30-2019, 05:01 PM
O'Donnell made the pro bowl in-between.

As did Kordell Stewart, which only further proves the point of how much of a joke the Pro Bowl is.