PDA

View Full Version : Keenan Allen Thinks JuJu Should Prepare For ‘Life-Changing’ 2019 Season As Steelers New No.1 WR

polamalubeast
06-18-2019, 01:48 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers third-year wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster is expected to be the team’s No. 1 receiving option in 2019 now that wide receiver Antonio Brown is no longer part of the team. While Smith-Schuster did have a fantastic 2018 season, it will now be interesting to see if he can duplicate it in 2019 now that he’s the Steelers player that will receive most of the extra attention from opposing defenses with Brown gone.

During a Tuesday morning interview with Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe on ‘Undisputed’, Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen was first asked if he thinks the Steelers will miss Brown this season.

“Oh, for sure,” Allen said. “Somebody with that talent, yes, no doubt.”

Allen was then asked to give his thoughts on what he believes Smith-Schuster is in for in 2019 with him no longer playing opposite Brown and thus having to become the No. 1 wide receiver in the offense.

“Life-changing, life-changing” Allen said. “It’s gonna be hard to sleep at night trying to find ways to get open. Different routes, different coverages you’ve got to look at. Double teams, double pressures, just everything, man. The whole game changes.”

At the start of the Steelers offseason practices in late May, Smith-Schuster talked openly about the challenges he’ll face this season now that he’ll be the team’s No. 1 wide receiver.

“No doubt,” Smith-Schuster said. “We saw it playing against the Patriots, they doubled me and A.B. It’s nothing new. This year it will be the same thing. I’m going to be getting the same coverage, the doubles. We have guys like [Donte] Moncrief, James [Washington], all these guys. We have so many guys who can make plays. I’m not worried about that.”

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/06/keenan-allen-thinks-juju-should-prepare-for-life-changing-2019-season-as-steelers-new-no-1-wr/

HollywoodSteel
06-18-2019, 04:08 PM
JuJu has the exact right attitude: we have other receivers. If I’m not open throw it someone else.

He’s unselfish and ego free. He just wants to win.

What an interestingly refreshing attitude from a #1 receiver.

86WARD
06-18-2019, 09:31 PM
JuJu has the exact right attitude: we have other receivers. If I’m not open throw it someone else.

He’s unselfish and ego free. He just wants to win.

What an interestingly refreshing attitude from a #1 receiver.

AB used to be like that...lol. Used to...many moons ago...

hawaiiansteeler
06-18-2019, 10:11 PM
let's hope other teams' defensive coordinators decide to try and cover JuJu with their ILBers...

Devilsdancefloor
06-18-2019, 10:47 PM
let's hope other teams' defensive coordinators decide to try and cover JuJu with their ILBers...

http://i66.tinypic.com/sdn5l3.jpg

pczach
06-19-2019, 12:52 PM

Only Butler can confound defenses like that!

:toofunny:

teegre
06-20-2019, 08:24 AM
When AB wasn’t playing, JuJu’s stat-lines are as follows:

7-75-TD
9-143-TD
5-37-TD
6-114-0

For those four games:
27-369-3 TDs

Extrapolated over a season:
108-1476-12 TDs

polamalubeast
06-20-2019, 08:58 AM
If the other receivers are good, JuJu and the passing game if the steelers are going to be fine

Many players were very good number 2 and became after great number 1, although many wondered in the off season if they could become a good number 1 ... Antonio Brown before the 2013 season and Michael Thomas before the season 2017 are examples.

hawaiiansteeler
07-05-2019, 08:29 PM
Nate Burleson Believes JuJu Smith-Schuster Will Have Better 2019 Season Than Antonio Brown

By Dave Bryan
Posted on July 4, 2019

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/07/nate-burleson-believes-juju-smith-schuster-will-have-better-2019-season-than-antonio-brown/

Butch
07-06-2019, 03:22 AM
Remind Keenan Allen, and all the press that we went to the Super bowl and won twice with a WR named Hines Ward. He was a guy who was to short and not really that fast, but he wasn't to bad as a WR.

We went once with AB and lost.I think the press and other team's DC's are going to find out we have more than 1 WR on the team this year.

Born2Steel
07-06-2019, 09:39 AM
Remind Keenan Allen, and all the press that we went to the Super bowl and won twice with a WR named Hines Ward. He was a guy who was to short and not really that fast, but he wasn't to bad as a WR.

We went once with AB and lost.I think the press and other team's DC's are going to find out we have more than 1 WR on the team this year.

JuJu's play reminds people a lot of Ward. Moncrief only has to be a solid #2WR but I think he will be better than that. If McDonald has another year like last year, OR Wash steps up his game, OR the rookie Johnson plays as expected, OR.......add in a consistent run game to that mix. The 2019 offense has a very different look/feel to it. Looking forward to watching this season.

smokin3000gt
07-06-2019, 09:55 AM
JuJu's play reminds people a lot of Ward. Moncrief only has to be a solid #2WR but I think he will be better than that. If McDonald has another year like last year, OR Wash steps up his game, OR the rookie Johnson plays as expected, OR.......add in a consistent run game to that mix. The 2019 offense has a very different look/feel to it. Looking forward to watching this season.

Or if Bos actually makes a FG/extra point

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Kind of reminding me of those 90's teams with WR group like Thigpen, Ernie Mills, Charles Johnson, Andre Hastings, etc. A bunch of good young WR's that are capable. JuJu will draw the attention, but what Allen is saying is that he will be like Reggie Wayne after Marvin Harrison was gone from the colts.

hawaiiansteeler
07-06-2019, 03:38 PM
JuJu will draw the attention, but what Allen is saying is that he will be like Reggie Wayne after Marvin Harrison was gone from the colts.

very good analogy!

Reggie Wayne Waves Off Idea Of Pressure On JuJu Smith-Schuster To Outperform Antonio Brown

By Matthew Marczi
Posted on July 4, 2019

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/07/reggie-wayne-waves-off-idea-of-pressure-on-juju-smith-schuster-to-outperform-antonio-brown/

Born2Steel
07-06-2019, 04:36 PM
JuJu will draw defense's #1 attention, until Moncrief causes defenses to put #1 attention on him. One or the other is getting single coverage. Advantage Ben. Especially when the play option is being used. Choose any 2 from McDonald, Wash, Johnson, Eli, Switzer, Jones, Grimble, or RB by committee each and every week. It's a very interesting feel this year. And yes, Boz needs to kick better to really make it click.

hawaiiansteeler
07-06-2019, 04:43 PM
https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_photo_album/f_auto/steelers/ztigqkijvs5l1faqx1kp.jpg

polamalubeast
07-06-2019, 05:09 PM
JuJu will draw defense's #1 attention, until Moncrief causes defenses to put #1 attention on him. One or the other is getting single coverage. Advantage Ben. Especially when the play option is being used. Choose any 2 from McDonald, Wash, Johnson, Eli, Switzer, Jones, Grimble, or RB by committee each and every week. It's a very interesting feel this year. And yes, Boz needs to kick better to really make it click.

Boz need to be CUT before the season if he is not good in the preseason.

Born2Steel
07-06-2019, 08:48 PM

Kicker by committee?

HollywoodSteel
07-11-2019, 09:44 AM

Boswel was 7 for 7 in FG attempts last preseason and 7 for 7 in extra point attempts.

That doesn’t contradict what you’re saying, I’m just saying presseason last year didn’t indicate any problems.

Who knows what the hell actually happened? Bos isn’t very forthcoming about it, yet he seems confident that he can return to form. I wonder if there really was a specific issue.

polamalubeast
07-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Boswel was 7 for 7 in FG attempts last preseason and 7 for 7 in extra point attempts.

That doesn’t contradict what you’re saying, I’m just saying presseason last year didn’t indicate any problems.

Who knows what the hell actually happened? Bos isn’t very forthcoming about it, yet he seems confident that he can return to form. I wonder if there really was a specific issue.

It was before Boswell missed his kick in week 1 against Cleveland .... He's not the same kicker since

This year in the preseason, he will have more pressure than last year and he knows that...He play to keep his job and also for a 2 millions roster bonus.... If he is unable to have a good preseason, it will be time for a change to this position.

polamalubeast
07-16-2019, 08:32 AM