PDA

View Full Version : Add one player from anywhere in the NFL to the Steelers current roster for just this season,Who is it?

polamalubeast
06-07-2019, 05:54 PM

Khalil Mack would be my choice.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
06-07-2019, 06:07 PM
AB.

Mojouw
06-07-2019, 06:08 PM
Derwin James

Butch
06-07-2019, 06:15 PM
AB.

LOL Are you an average NFL fan?

86WARD
06-07-2019, 06:18 PM
AJ Bouye or Jalen Ramsey

86WARD
06-07-2019, 06:19 PM
AB.

Lol. Boomin!

Born2Steel
06-07-2019, 07:24 PM
Baker Mayfield.

polamalubeast
06-07-2019, 07:26 PM
Baker Mayfield.

The question is just for this season!

st33lersguy
06-07-2019, 07:27 PM
Khalil mack, bud Dupree is not the answer across tj watt

tube517
06-07-2019, 07:37 PM
Is Jon Kuhn still active?

Born2Steel
06-07-2019, 08:23 PM
The question is just for this season!

That's funny! :rofl2:

steelreserve
06-07-2019, 09:41 PM
Tom Brady. Sits on bench inactive all year. Patriots have no quarterback, miss playoffs. We cakewalk to a bye; two hands of blackjack to make the Super Bowl.

st33lersguy
06-07-2019, 10:00 PM
Tom Brady. Sits on bench inactive all year. Patriots have no quarterback, miss playoffs. We cakewalk to a bye; two hands of blackjack to make the Super Bowl.

With no QB they finish 8-8, maybe 9-7, more than enough to win that pathetic excuse of a division

06-08-2019, 02:21 AM
Tom Brady. Sits on bench inactive all year. Patriots have no quarterback, miss playoffs. We cakewalk to a bye; two hands of blackjack to make the Super Bowl. Would be cool to see if Tomlin keeps Dobbs in instead of Brady cause of the flow of the game!

hawaiiansteeler
06-08-2019, 04:13 AM
Would be cool to see if Tomlin keeps Dobbs in instead of Brady cause of the flow of the game!

especially when Dobbs is playing so well :rolleyes:

BlackAndGold
06-08-2019, 04:54 AM
Derwin James or Eddie Jackson at safety.

Having the GOAT Tom Brady starting at QB would be great also.

86WARD
06-08-2019, 08:07 AM

Brady would just whine his way off the roster, genius fandom of Colbert and Tomlin would outright release him and Brady would take a 1-8 Patriots team to an 8-8 division title and playoff birth...if they play Pittsburgh in the playoffs, they win Super Bowl #7...lol

teegre
06-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Aaron Donald is hands down the most disruptive player in the NFL.

Does se he fit in our 3-4? Eh, maybe. I’d play him at DE, and move Cam Heyward to NT (where Cam has played before). That said... our D-line is already good. While Donald would make them insanely good, we have other areas of bigger need.

Khalil Mack and Derwin James are playmakers. Period. (Plus, we have needs at both positions.)

SUMMATION:
Spin the wheel... and, give me any of those three.

teegre
06-08-2019, 08:38 AM
The offense is pretty set, but I’d love to have a year where the interior of the O-line had Quenton Nelson, Pouncey, and DeCastro. #chills

George Kittle would be a good add, as well.

But, honestly, while we have some good, young talent at RT, we would secure the right side (biggest question mark) with Mike McGlinchey.

munchy
06-08-2019, 11:14 AM
tom brady...........
even with a stud defender, you still have coaches calling a soft defense or having them drop into coverage or having a smart HC scheme around that player
with brady, you know that he is going to call the right play and make the correct read. the guy has excelled with talent far less than whats on our current roster

Mojouw
06-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Ryan Shazier?

Davis, Edmunds, Shazier, and Bush right down the middle of the defense? I don't know what it would look like, but that would be a great deal of "freak" level athleticism in a concentrated area of the field.

Rotorhead
06-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Mack

GoSlash27
06-08-2019, 01:26 PM
I figure we have all the talent we need on offense and defense, so I'll go with Justin Tucker.

Steeldude
06-08-2019, 03:01 PM

Then again, Belichick has shown he can still have the Patriots playing well with another QB.

Bench BR and start Brady to improve the blackjack hands : )

GoSlash27
06-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Then again, Belichick has shown he can still have the Patriots playing well with another QB.

Bench BR and start Brady to improve the blackjack hands : )

Brady isn't physically tough enough to play AFCN ball.

munchy
06-08-2019, 06:41 PM
Brady isn't physically tough enough to play AFCN ball.

really. when was the last time the afcn had a physical defense?

polamalubeast
06-08-2019, 06:45 PM
really. when was the last time the afcn had a physical defense?

Brady was not very good against the Ravens between 2009 to 2012, especially in the playoffs.

Mojouw
06-08-2019, 06:56 PM
Brady was not very good against the Ravens between 2009 to 2012, especially in the playoffs.

I feel like a defense anchored by multiple HOF players and Ed Reed (he belongs in the hall of the just unbelievable or something) might have had something to do with that. I don't care how tough you are or are not, when Suggs and Lewis are moving you off your spot and you are throwing into a secondary anchored by Ed Reed, you are going to struggle a bit.

DesertSteel
06-08-2019, 07:04 PM
Aaron Donald. He can’t be stopped.

polamalubeast
06-08-2019, 07:20 PM
I feel like a defense anchored by multiple HOF players and Ed Reed (he belongs in the hall of the just unbelievable or something) might have had something to do with that. I don't care how tough you are or are not, when Suggs and Lewis are moving you off your spot and you are throwing into a secondary anchored by Ed Reed, you are going to struggle a bit.

And even if his players were old at this time (Ray Lewis and Ed Reed) they were very smart and they always had a great game plan.

06-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Aaron Donald. He can’t be stopped. The Zebra's can if they want and didn't it to Harrison.

teegre
06-08-2019, 09:50 PM
I figure we have all the talent we need on offense and defense, so I'll go with Justin Tucker.

Great answer!!! :nod: Last season, we win two more games straight-up (and possibly a third) if we simply make two (three?) freakin’ FGs!!!

Dwinsgames
06-10-2019, 08:35 AM
Von Miller .....

put him on the field in place of Dupree and let him and TJ pin their ears back down after down ....

if a QB has no time to throw I could play Corner and the team be successful ( since I broke my leg in 3 places running is not something I can do ) ........

EzraTank
06-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Can I pick Belichick as coach instead? That way he could fire all of Tomlin's assistants.

st33lersguy
06-10-2019, 11:34 AM
Von Miller .....

put him on the field in place of Dupree and let him and TJ pin their ears back down after down ....

if a QB has no time to throw I could play Corner and the team be successful ( since I broke my leg in 3 places running is not something I can do ) ........

I was strongly considering him, but went with Mack cause he is 2 years younger

JnK
06-10-2019, 12:56 PM
I'd say Brady for one reason only. I want all of the Boston fans to see him dress in Black and Gold for one season just to drive them insane.

steelreserve
06-10-2019, 01:35 PM
All these people saying Tom Brady - ugh. What I suggested was merely to put him on the roster and deactivate him so the Patriots would be screwed over. Then release him 5 minutes before the kickoff of the Super Bowl so he doesn't "win" another title.

I would rather be in the front row of the crowd at the Nathan's hot dog eating contest, and then have Joey Chestnut eat 70 hot dogs and throw up on me, and the throw-up goes in my mouth and I swallow it, than ever see Tom Brady actually play a down for the Steelers.

Unless MAYBE it was one of those things where the linemen get out of the way and let him get injured. But even then, it would be a barfy sight.

munchy
06-10-2019, 01:37 PM

agreed. even if we say that defense was tough, 3 years doesnt make the entire afcn physical

Dwinsgames
06-10-2019, 04:49 PM
I was strongly considering him, but went with Mack cause he is 2 years younger

since the question posed a " 1 year only " pre qualifier those 2 years didn't matter to me ... but the reality its a 1A) 1B) proposition I don't think between the 2 of them there is a wrong choice

vasteeler
06-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Brady would have been killed with the offensive line we had several years ago.

Edit: and then I noticed you're referring to this season only:doh2:

munchy
06-11-2019, 09:08 AM
Brady would have been killed with the offensive line we had several years ago.

Edit: and then I noticed you're referring to this season only:doh2:

brady would have adapted and got rid of the ball quickly...like he always does

DesertSteel
06-11-2019, 11:08 AM
All these people saying Tom Brady - ugh. What I suggested was merely to put him on the roster and deactivate him so the Patriots would be screwed over. Then release him 5 minutes before the kickoff of the Super Bowl so he doesn't "win" another title.

I would rather be in the front row of the crowd at the Nathan's hot dog eating contest, and then have Joey Chestnut eat 70 hot dogs and throw up on me, and the throw-up goes in my mouth and I swallow it, than ever see Tom Brady actually play a down for the Steelers.

Unless MAYBE it was one of those things where the linemen get out of the way and let him get injured. But even then, it would be a barfy sight.
Does he send the rent checks directly to you for that space in your mind?

steelreserve
06-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Does he send the rent checks directly to you for that space in your mind?

I thought to be in your mind, someone was supposed to be an opponent or rival, not just some random football player that you think is a piece of shit.

vasteeler
06-11-2019, 01:36 PM

Please ... not when your OC calls for every receiver to go deep.

polamalubeast
06-11-2019, 01:41 PM

Maybe not

Devilsdancefloor
06-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Luke Kuechly

st33lersguy
06-11-2019, 03:30 PM
I'd say Brady for one reason only. I want all of the Boston fans to see him dress in Black and Gold for one season just to drive them insane.

They may just convert to Steelers fans. Many are bandwagon jumpers who will jump ship when the Pat's become irrelevant again after Brady and bellichick are gone anyway

zulater
06-13-2019, 11:06 AM

Good one. It's between him and Aaron Donald for me. Both are generational type players. Donald might be the most fun player to watch in the league. But in the end I'll go Tucker. Every time you cross midfield you're in scoring range with him.

Six Rings
06-16-2019, 10:14 AM

Perfect. Thread closed as far as I'm concerned.

DesertSteel
06-17-2019, 07:00 PM
I thought to be in your mind, someone was supposed to be an opponent or rival, not just some random football player that you think is a piece of shit.
Denial is one way to go.