PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Foster On James Washington: ‘I’m Excited For That Kid, Very Excited For Him’

polamalubeast
05-31-2019, 06:27 PM
Every year at around this time of the offseason Pittsburgh Steelers guard Ramon Foster likes to give his assessment of a few of the younger players on the roster and especially the ones he feels are making progress during the team’s OTA practices. This year is no different as on Thursday Foster sat down with Mike Prisuta of DVE Radio and steelers.com to share his annual thoughts on younger players on the roster.

After talking briefly and positively about a few of the Steelers younger rookie offensive linemen and the team’s first-round draft pick this year, inside linebacker Devin Bush, Foster then made sure to recognize a second-year player who he believes has had a very good offseason to date. That second-year player is none other than wide receiver James Washington, the Steelers 2018 second-round draft pick out of Oklahoma State.

“James Washington, you can tell a difference in him this year,” Foster told Prisuta. “I’m excited for that kid, ery excited for him.

Foster was then asked what Washington is doing specifically this offseason that has him so excited about the young wide receiver.

“He lit it up [last year during OTAs] on just raw talent. Now he’s fully thinking about it,” Foster said of Washington. “You see his technique come into it. He’s gotta be one of the highest, quickest jumpers I’ve ever seen and he just has a sense of calm over him. And that’s what it took for me, it was about a year before I actually got comfortable and he looks like he’s getting comfortable with what he’s doing.”

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/05/ramon-foster-on-james-washington-im-excited-for-that-kid-very-excited-for-him/