PDA

View Full Version : The Average NFL Fan

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
05-31-2019, 03:13 PM
Thinks the Steelers are toast since we lost AB. Of course they didn't do their homework checking on the Steelers off season moves and etc. Oh and The Browns got the division in the bag.

munchy
05-31-2019, 03:15 PM
Thinks the Steelers are toast since we lost AB. Of course they didn't do their homework checking on the Steelers off season moves and etc.

its actually quite logical when they consider we didnt even make the playoffs with the best wr in the game now this year we dont have him at all

05-31-2019, 03:21 PM
its actually quite logical when they consider we didnt even make the playoffs with the best wr in the game now this year we dont have him at all Yes guess I can see their perception if they don't follow the team.

vasteeler
05-31-2019, 03:22 PM
its actually quite logical when they consider we didnt even make the playoffs with the best wr in the game now this year we dont have him at all

See, the OP was right!

polamalubeast
05-31-2019, 03:23 PM
It will be ugly in Cleveland this year...

Butch
05-31-2019, 04:46 PM

No it's not really. That WR you are speaking of quit on the team and then threw a tantrum because all he cared about was the almighty $$$s. He wasn't about winning he was all about his own stats and as Chuck Noll would tell you "Stats are for losers". AB = loser.

The Steelers still have the QB who can lead this team with or without AB. We will be a better team because this year Ben won't have to force the ball to a Diva who throws tantrums on the sidelines when things don't go his way.

- - - Updated - - -

As for this thread I don't know where you are getting this information, and whether it is true or not, but I really don't give a shit what any other fan thinks.

05-31-2019, 05:14 PM
No it's not really. That WR you are speaking of quit on the team and then threw a tantrum because all he cared about was the almighty $$$s. He wasn't about winning he was all about his own stats and as Chuck Noll would tell you "Stats are for losers". AB = loser.

The Steelers still have the QB who can lead this team with or without AB. We will be a better team because this year Ben won't have to force the ball to a Diva who throws tantrums on the sidelines when things don't go his way.

- - - Updated - - -

As for this thread I don't know where you are getting this information, and whether it is true or not, but I really don't give a shit what any other fan thinks. just a general NFL board I frequent every now and then but most agree they are toast after losing AB and none argue it.

hawaiiansteeler
05-31-2019, 07:29 PM
just a general NFL board I frequent every now and then but most agree they are toast after losing AB and none argue it.

that's what the average NFL fan would like to believe, no research or knowledge required.

06-01-2019, 02:51 AM
that's what the average NFL fan would like to believe, no research or knowledge required. Yep my point and do no research but just talk out of their ass like they know something.

Six Rings
06-01-2019, 06:21 AM
Thinks the Steelers are toast since we lost AB. Of course they didn't do their homework checking on the Steelers off season moves and etc. Oh and The Browns got the division in the bag.

Ben makes his receivers great, not the other way around. See what happened to Wallace and Bryant when they played for other teams. And on that note Me'von Bell is in for a rude awakening as the Jets OL is not as good as the Steelers OL.

The loss of Brown will hurt, but Ju-Ju is a star receiver, and hopefully either Moncrief or one of the young receivers will step up.

steel striker
06-01-2019, 10:46 AM
Yeah the average fan thinks the Steelers are a trash-fire mess but, they forget that Ben is a hall of fame Qb with pretty good weapons on the offensive side. It seems most people want to crown the Browns but, the Steelers are going to win the North they should be focused considering everything that happened over the past season.

polamalubeast
06-01-2019, 11:07 AM
The problem that some only focus on the players that the steelers have lost instead of focusing on the players that the steelers have .... The steelers have enough talent to be successful and if the steelers have less drama, they will give themselves a chance.

In 2010, it was the same thing when the steelers had lost Santonio Holmes (1250 yards in 2009) and Roethlisberger for 4 games .... Several were focused on that instead of focusing on the fact that with a healthy Polamalu,the steelers had the best defense of the league ... Result, many predicted a very average season for the steelers, but at the end, the steelers start the season 3-1 without Roethlisberger because of our defense and they were in the super bowl.

I'm not saying we're going to go to the super bowl, but we need to focus what the teams have.

teegre
06-01-2019, 11:20 AM
The average NFL fan has one testicle and one breast.

#anEllGonzoJacksonism

polamalubeast
06-02-2019, 02:14 PM

st33lersguy
06-02-2019, 02:47 PM
It's not just losing AB, the Steelers also lost their 2 best coaches in Munchak and Saxon (the only 2 coaches I must add that were performing at a quality level). On paper the Browns are the best team in the AFC North, especially on defense. If the Browns coaching can manage to put it all together, Baker doesn't have a sophomore slump/get injured and the players can coalesce as a team, then the division will be theirs.

Butch
06-02-2019, 04:57 PM
It's not just losing AB, the Steelers also lost their 2 best coaches in Munchak and Saxon (the only 2 coaches I must add that were performing at a quality level). On paper the Browns are the best team in the AFC North, especially on defense. If the Browns coaching can manage to put it all together, Baker doesn't have a sophomore slump/get injured and the players can coalesce as a team, then the division will be theirs.

Well sure they can, but that is a whole lotta "If's".

I aint scared.

hawaiiansteeler
06-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Well sure they can, but that is a whole lotta "If's".

I aint scared.

I think we should show up and just go ahead and play the games anyway in spite of how awesome the mighty Cleveland Browns are now.

polamalubeast
06-02-2019, 05:08 PM
The Ravens are going to be more of a challenge for the steelers than the Browns.

The Browns have not the maturity right now, since if they have a bad start, it'll be the panic with a lot of drama with a rookie HC and OBJ.

polamalubeast
06-02-2019, 06:26 PM

pczach
06-02-2019, 06:49 PM
I think we should show up and just go ahead and play the games anyway in spite of how awesome the mighty Cleveland Browns are now.

That's probably a good idea.....just in case.

hawaiiansteeler
06-02-2019, 06:53 PM
That's probably a good idea.....just in case.

yeah you never know, we might get lucky or something.

T&B fan
06-02-2019, 08:58 PM
yeah you never know, we might get lucky or something.

and after all it is the Browns

hawaiiansteeler
06-02-2019, 09:11 PM
and after all it is the Browns

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/89/a1/bf/89a1bfed27df37d682ba7f1ea553c86e.jpg

DesertSteel
06-02-2019, 09:19 PM
The average NFL fan has one testicle and one breast.

#anEllGonzoJacksonism
So you're saying that here are as many women NFL fans as there are men? I'd say 1.5 testicles and .5 breasts.

Mojouw
06-02-2019, 10:45 PM
So you're saying that here are as many women NFL fans as there are men? I'd say 1.5 testicles and .5 breasts.

Oh. Fun. Now we can talk about mean versus averages. Maybe mode as well. Math nerds assemble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawaiiansteeler
06-02-2019, 10:51 PM
Oh. Fun. Now we can talk about mean versus averages. Maybe mode as well. Math nerds assemble.

https://i2.wp.com/media1.tenor.com/images/39a1991de9daa13d4d678d441a221648/tenor.gif?w=640&ssl=1

HollywoodSteel
06-03-2019, 06:06 PM
I think we had enough talent to go all the way last year. But for a few better kicks, a few better calls by the refs, a few better defensive stances, a few better throws... you know what I’m saying.

A few pieces have changed, hopefully for the net good, but we can speculate this stuff until the cows come home; we all know the drill, and we all know one thing to be true:

We go as Ben goes. As long as we have #7 we have a more than decent chance to win any given game against any team in the league.

I think that for all the (sometimes justifiable, sometimes even not so justifiable) criticism we throw at Tomlin, the defense, Ben, etc., everyone here on this board believes the above premise... to at least some degree.

T&B fan
06-04-2019, 09:14 AM
I think we had enough talent to go all the way last year. But for a few better kicks, a few better calls by the refs, a few better defensive stances, a few better throws... you know what I’m saying.

A few pieces have changed, hopefully for the net good, but we can speculate this stuff until the cows come home; we all know the drill, and we all know one thing to be true:

We go as Ben goes. As long as we have #7 we have a more than decent chance to win any given game against any team in the league.

I think that for all the (sometimes justifiable, sometimes even not so justifiable) criticism we throw at Tomlin, the defense, Ben, etc., everyone here on this board believes the above premise... to at least some degree.

yes and a few more #s and I would have won the power ball !!:party::rofl2::whoo::yay3::lol::chuckle::chuckle :

silver & black
06-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Neither is true, obviously. The Browns have work to do just to be a consistently competitive team...... we'll see.

I'm not a fan of AB being on my team. Again, we'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.

The Steelers will win the AFC North next season. They are still a solid team, despite the circus last year.

Fire Goodell
06-04-2019, 04:47 PM
losing AB and gaining moncrief / barron / nelson might be a net gain. Sure we lose a great WR, but also patch some holes on the biggest need positions on defense (CB and ILB), and moncrief is someone with ability but never played with a good QB other than andrew luck for a season. He could be a pleasant surprise

Hawkman
06-04-2019, 06:38 PM
Neither

Again, we'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.

Starting to sound like Munchy..........sorry couldn’t resist.:rofl2:

teegre
06-05-2019, 06:45 AM
Starting to sound like Munchy..........sorry couldn’t resist.:rofl2:

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!... not even close.

Some things are not to be joked about.

Hawkman
06-05-2019, 08:13 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!... not even close.

Some things are not to be joked about.

I’m just kidding. I was referring to the “not holding my breath” discussion in another thread.

teegre
06-05-2019, 09:23 AM
I’m just kidding. I was referring to the “not holding my breath” discussion in another thread.

True... but, one does not say the name Beetlejuice (at least not three times). :wink02:

polamalubeast
06-05-2019, 11:47 AM

Born2Steel
06-05-2019, 12:31 PM

So stop over-hyping the Browns and start over-hyping the Steelers? Geez can we get one week of TC in first please.

polamalubeast
06-05-2019, 01:31 PM
The Ravens are a team under the radar a lot right now.

86WARD
06-05-2019, 03:04 PM
losing AB and gaining moncrief / barron / nelson might be a net gain. Sure we lose a great WR, but also patch some holes on the biggest need positions on defense (CB and ILB), and moncrief is someone with ability but never played with a good QB other than andrew luck for a season. He could be a pleasant surprise

Moncrief will have his best season as an NFL player if he’s healthy all year.

Don’t forget that LB they drafted as well...

Fire Goodell
06-05-2019, 05:08 PM
Moncrief will have his best season as an NFL player if he’s healthy all year.

Don’t forget that LB they drafted as well...

Yep not forgetting Devin. Just saying the FA aquisitions we picked up for the price of one AB