PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger presence at OTAs a boon for younger players

stillers4me
05-30-2019, 02:10 PM
Jaylen Samuels was running a pass-catching drill out of the backfield and just missed connecting on a pass from Ben Roethlisberger. As he walked back toward the huddle, Samuels was met by his quarterback, who explained to the second-year running back how to better run the route.
At least nobody threw a ball at him or walked off the practice field.

“He was just telling me a little bit what I need to do on a route, how he wants it to be run,” Samuels said. “I know he’s great at what he does, so I’m just going to listen and do what he says.”...........

read more @ https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/05/30/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-jaylen-samuels-diontae-johnson/stories/201905300123?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_PGSportsNow

Craic
05-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Wish I could read it, but there's no way I'm turning off my adblocker. It's set to allow noninvasive ads. Anyone want to summarize the article?

Rotorhead
05-30-2019, 03:41 PM
Just says Ben has been to OTA’s and is working with everyone (especially the new guys) on how he wants routes run. Then starts talking about AB and Ben and their problems that every other article on the Steelers talks about.

hawaiiansteeler
05-30-2019, 03:43 PM
Just says Ben has been to OTA’s and is working with everyone (especially the new guys) on how he wants routes run. Then starts talking about AB and Ben and their problems that every other article on the Steelers talks about.

yeah, nothing new here...

AtlantaDan
05-30-2019, 04:07 PM
Wish I could read it, but there's no way I'm turning off my adblocker. It's set to allow noninvasive ads. Anyone want to summarize the article?

Ben being a leader

And these comments from Gerry Dulac

At least nobody threw a ball at him or walked off the practice field....

Roethlisberger spent the offseason keeping a low profile, refusing to respond to repeated criticisms by Brown about their relationship and the special treatment the two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback was afforded by the team. He kept quiet when Brown said he had never been to his house, even though the All-Pro receiver had been to his home in Pittsburgh and was brought with the other receivers to spend time at Roethlisberger’s lake home at Reynolds Plantation, Ga.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/05/30/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-jaylen-samuels-diontae-johnson/stories/201905300123?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_PGSportsNow

Maybe Dupree can shoot off another moronic tweet at Dulac for stirring the pot on the AB unpleasantness :noidea: